Words from big daddy... wait...wut?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Words from big daddy... wait...wut?

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Do we all really need to asume that everyone in the underworld has kids? Isn't Grimm, Mandy, Him and Aku enough? I got an idea! How about Bleedman makes a superhero team out of the children of the underworld? As a matter of fact, lets call it that: "Children of the Underworld", Its got a ring to it. If thats how it works out, then I'm fine with everybody with kids.
Oh hello Soldier

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Not sure if sarcasm or serious...

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed May 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Your choice. The momment I finished the statement I thought of the possibility and maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Oh hello Soldier

Postby silvercover » Wed May 22, 2013 10:11 pm

the question though is what would make them team up with each other? what threat is so broad that they need each other? maybe a heaven invasion, heaven's rapture or something? hmm...

anyway its more like having a kid representative for each race. danny's kid/s may be the ghost representative instead so walker having a kid may not be needed.

but back to speculation:
if walker has a kid, and its a boy, I wonder if he'd fall in love with daniele. or if a girl, manny? so much potential. someone made a theory that mandy was making several children for them to marry off with the other lord's children...

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Oh gee, I don't know. that sure is a super duper tough one. Perhaps the main villain Him would be something to consider as a threat. Yeah, that could be it. A wild guess though. /sarcasm.

Seriously though. It would be Him. This isn't rocket science.

You also have no idea what a rapture is, do you?

but back to speculation:

I detest this word and actions that follow it. Speculation is a terrible thing to do, and no I don't do speculation. I create my ideas off of facts and events of the comic and try to see where it could go and where things have gone to. Speculation is running off of hopes, dreams, and what "I think should happen because it is cool". that's a terrible thing to do because you begin to warp the comic to fit your theories, instead of warping your theories around the facts. Go watch the first Robert Downey Jr Sherlock Homes. He expands this point of think a little bit.

Like your "idea" of a heavenly invasion is pure speculation because you have no evidence to support it, and the fact that you can't support it, proves it wrong since there is nothing that points in that direction. Do you think ideas are thrown out for the hell of it? Well, sometimes, but those ideas have support.

so much potential. someone made a theory that mandy was making several children for them to marry off with the other lord's children...

For the love of fuck, no one reads these threads anymore do they? IT WAS ME. That wasn't the idea though, and this is a perfect example of what I was just talking about, my part not your... thing you think this is. Note though that this was back when AfterBirth was still considered to be canon and has since been demoted to "fan-fiction" class of writing. So this idea is "in cold storage".

The idea was that Mandy was selecting powerful individuals to mate with and claim the children as her own to control those powers. Her children would become her personal power-house army in which she would gain some territory, but be able to use them to spread to the other areas of the Underworld and control everything. This would be done by direct rule, or also puppet leaders, her "kids". The problem with "marriage", as you put it in your misinterpretation, is that it invokes the wrong feelings a supposed, power hungry Queen Bitch would have. Marriage, even an arranged marriage, would not match her supposed style.

Let's take the recent capture of Mimi for example. I don't think the wheels started turning immediately when she took Mimi prisoner. Note that she wanted her sent down to the dungeon, and not give away to Jr as some pet. However, she became amused with this proposition and let Jr keep Mimi. In this case, Mimi can still be held as a powerful bargaining chip, but also worked on to turn her against her father and provide another loyal supporter for the Grim Castle.

Has Mandy thought of this, or is this her motives? No idea, but this is a theory which at the time was supported with facts. those facts have no been degraded into a fanfiction status and only time will tell if they will be considereeed canon again.

Postby RICK ADVENT » Wed May 22, 2013 11:16 pm

"I can so imagine every comic animated, especially this part : D"
I am the trump card that lyes within a full deck of aces

Postby Drago2552 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Man i would love to add my charater to this comic. It would fit right in with that whole Children of the Underworld thing. But we should also include some children from other worlds as well.

Off topic PPGD, and Grim Tales crossover dimentions. That would be funny to see.
BloodLord don't kill me. I am just typing stuff that comes to mind.

Postby silvercover » Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Oh gee, I don't know. that sure is a super duper tough one. Perhaps the main villain Him would be something to consider as a threat. Yeah, that could be it. A wild guess though. /sarcasm.

Seriously though. It would be Him. This isn't rocket science.

well going by what we have for now. heaven would be the force that would make the underworld unite and work together was my idea. also what I was thinking was more about the whole underworld, which means including him, would be threatened and thus they are forced to work together to survive.

You also have no idea what a rapture is, do you?

sorry, its just because of some book I read that had rapture as its title and the plot was something about god's judgement/end of things something like that. what I didnt know was that it meant "afterwards"...

but back to speculation:

I detest this word and actions that follow it. Speculation is a terrible thing to do, and no I don't do speculation. I create my ideas off of facts and events of the comic and try to see where it could go and where things have gone to. Speculation is running off of hopes, dreams, and what "I think should happen because it is cool". that's a terrible thing to do because you begin to warp the comic to fit your theories, instead of warping your theories around the facts. Go watch the first Robert Downey Jr Sherlock Homes. He expands this point of think a little bit.

Like your "idea" of a heavenly invasion is pure speculation because you have no evidence to support it, and the fact that you can't support it, proves it wrong since there is nothing that points in that direction. Do you think ideas are thrown out for the hell of it? Well, sometimes, but those ideas have support.

err I dont really want that scenario to happen... well except that part where I wrote about walker's id falling for one of the ghost kid.
that was a random idea that I made just for fun and not to be taken seriously. just like someone saying "maybe junior can turn into a girl", they werent serious about that, even if a possibility does exist that makes it somewhat plausible that he may have been serious, he wasnt.
il add smileys next time to make it clearer if im just throwing a random idea/joke.

For the love of fuck, no one reads these threads anymore do they? IT WAS ME.

um, I was thinking of someone else actually. someone else posted this idea a few weeks ago(the marrying off her children one), and since your saying your idea was made before AB was made non-canon, I dont think I got it from you.[/quote]

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 pm

My idea has been warped, but it is the same one. I do want to note that you can continue reading my post with the idea that I'm trying to understand how exactly you think Heaven is involved, or going to be involved. I want to hear and understand where you got this from. Then, maybe I'll ridicule you. Maybe.

Heaven doesn't have a reason to attack the Underworld. Nor do I think Him would be so willing to help. He'd be like the Illusive Man in Mass Effect 3.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 am

Does that mean Jr (with enough paragon mind you) will be able to get HIM to shoot himself in the head before he goes home to snack on either a cherry, raspberry or lime flavored popsicle to end the whole thing abruptly?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 am

No. Jr is too much of a pansy. He'd get Minnie to do everything.

*senses immediate repercussions and fanboy rage descending*

Postby silvercover » Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 am

Blood Lord wrote:My idea has been warped, but it is the same one. I do want to note that you can continue reading my post with the idea that I'm trying to understand how exactly you think Heaven is involved, or going to be involved. I want to hear and understand where you got this from. Then, maybe I'll ridicule you. Maybe.

Heaven doesn't have a reason to attack the Underworld. Nor do I think Him would be so willing to help. He'd be like the Illusive Man in Mass Effect 3.

like I said, random idea I made up on the spot. didnt really think it through on why they would.
but if I really need to come up with some explanation, eh lets go with the old traditional "god has made a decision: the world is too corrupt and needs to be cleansed/purged and start again".

this would work better though if the setting was in the mortal plane, since the underworld is pretty much hell where the scum and bastards are being tossed already. its so far fetched... that I just went along with it since it was crazy(and im not referring to "crazy enough to work"). lol

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 12:19 am

Sounds like someone has been watching Legion.

Like here is my problem with this, you want it basically because it would be "cool", and there isn't anything in the comic that would support this. I have a tough time with that because then you start false hope. I dunno. Perhaps I'm being too hard on the subject. There just isn't a way to talk about someone's "hopeful dreams" for a comic besides smashing them.

You could attempt a fan fiction off of this. Would be cool if done right.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 23, 2013 12:29 am

@Blood; Yeah, your probably right

@Silver; would something along the lines of the need of a paticular individual or soul for the means of "good" (being broad vague here) to which involves that one inparticular residing in heaven to which yada yada... Stuff happens, possible trickery on HIM's part about the whole thing to which involves some elaborate orchestration and traitorous intent amongst the protagonists with a abrupt colored popsicle party ending with plenty of confetti...
No?
Okay... *goes of to buy popsicles whilest tossing confetti everywhere out of hoodie pocket*
Flerp flerps

Postby Biocolor » Thu May 23, 2013 12:44 am

WOULD EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND STOP FIGHTING!!!!!! I don't like seeing people fight. It bugs me because half of the fights that break out is because it was my fault from where I come from. So please stop ok.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 23, 2013 12:49 am

Lol, what? I thought silver and blood were merely civilly debating to an extent... F***. Looks like i'll have to instigate a riot and burn a couch
Flerp flerps

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 am

Drago2552 wrote:Thank you for agreeing with me on this concept i dont want Walker to have a kid as well I know i am repeating myself but i want Jango of the Dead to appear.

His name is Django not Jango

TheMadDoctor wrote:Do we all really need to asume that everyone in the underworld has kids? Isn't Grimm, Mandy, Him and Aku enough? I got an idea! How about Bleedman makes a superhero team out of the children of the underworld? As a matter of fact, lets call it that: "Children of the Underworld", Its got a ring to it. If thats how it works out, then I'm fine with everybody with kids.

You mean something like; Kids Down Below? The original concept for Grim Tales in which Grim Jr., Minnie, Lenore and Nergal Jr. would team up.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby silvercover » Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 am

Blood Lord wrote:Sounds like someone has been watching Legion.

Like here is my problem with this, you want it basically because it would be "cool", and there isn't anything in the comic that would support this. I have a tough time with that because then you start false hope. I dunno. Perhaps I'm being too hard on the subject. There just isn't a way to talk about someone's "hopeful dreams" for a comic besides smashing them.

You could attempt a fan fiction off of this. Would be cool if done right.

again I said that I "dont want" it, it was just an entertaining wistful thought. just like imagining that mandy actually loves her children. pretty much impossible, but just the weirdness makes you pause to look at it even if its very implausible.
im more of a reader than a writer. ive been thinking of writing, but im just so lazy right now that I cant make one.

@biocolor
learn to look past harsh words to see the context and relevance. our discussion is hardly a fight, this actually pretty civil if you look around more.

Postby DarkKing » Thu May 23, 2013 2:42 am

The only reason I can see heaven invading the underworld for is if for some reason they decide they want Minnie again and try to take her by force. Other than that there's really no reason for them to do that since the underworld is basically a big prison for all the rejects that didn't get into heaven.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Yamitora1 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I see you're new here. Welcome to the forums. I don't recommend that you use a lot of colors in one post. It can be disorienting for the weak eyes. And how long have you been reading the comic?

Oh sorry. Well I've been reading since around mid March. I just by chance happened upon the PPG Doujinshi and then I migrated here after reading Sugar Bits comic.

Biocolor wrote:Agh u had to post that. And how did u get colors in there

Yeah I had to or else the thought would have stayed in my head and slowly rotted me from the inside. o.O

Highlight the word, and select a color off to the side
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby Drago2552 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:27 am

Do you guys have any othe opions on who else should be a Lord in this comic.

I want Xehanot to rule an area (yes i am repeating myself). Can anyone contact bleedman he has not sent me a message if i should continue making the game or not. If anyone can help that would be great.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Did you PM him, and why do you need to contact him?

Postby Biocolor » Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Well he would need his advice on characters to put in the game.

Postby rexmon21 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Isn't that the female form Aku used to fool Jack in the desert? What was her name again?
I can smile that that too! Watch! :bigsmile: ...
Ah canth feuhl mah fasth...

oh yeah i remember that episode

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm

there was no name.
Oh hello Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!