Words from big daddy... wait...wut?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Words from big daddy... wait...wut?

Postby stratus » Mon May 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Stop with the quote pyramids.

stratus, this is the last time I'm going to address this because the tone you put this in has pissed me off. The mere fact that I haven't abused my mod powers in response to this should be something you need to thank your God for.

i honestly was only trying to have detailed discussion, Multi quoting was just efficient for addressing and highlighting separate key issues, and through that deliberation facts and concepts about this comic were brought up that i would of otherwise never known, i believe it brought out quite useful information for everyone and added new perspective for people to view this comic in a different light, i wasn't trying to be offensive just competitive, I dont see how posting in caps and occasional profanity on your end could be considered as a civil tone. I simply didnt take it personally.

You of all forumers who has extensive web forum experience and who has a reputation for brutal honesty and blunt commentary, i would of expected to encourage the challenging of an idea with another idea. You have final say on the matter, use your powers and authority as you see fit. i will respect any calls you make. and drop the issue and move on.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

So we have a shape-shifting lord of darkness who happens to be a good parent (compared to Mandy, Him, and Grim). And we have the father of Chi's best friend enjoying a hotspring and sake (what is sake?) in the next room. I can actually see Him walking in on Aku while "he" is being motherly to Chi. I will let you picture that yourselves and what will happen next.
Well i hoping for some laughs next page, and some more plot movement/hints. Well no matter what happens, Jr. is going to get screwed for helping Mimi.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby adrimiz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:02 pm

So what was Aku disapointed in with Chi?? Was it that she attacked Him, or the outfit she wore during the attack??

Seeing as how Aku might be a bit mental after loosing his place in the evilness, this needs to be considered.

Postby IcyBoomer » Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm

This chapter...just brings Aku in a new light. Even though people may have thought of him to be a just as bad daddy as Him, I was really happy to know one villian can show his child some real love...rephrase that!, show some love in a non sadistic fashion.
Darkness is Light

Postby Drago2552 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:So we have a shape-shifting lord of darkness who happens to be a good parent (compared to Mandy, Him, and Grim). And we have the father of Chi's best friend enjoying a hotspring and sake (what is sake?) in the next room. I can actually see Him walking in on Aku while "he" is being motherly to Chi. I will let you picture that yourselves and what will happen next.
Well i hoping for some laughs next page, and some more plot movement/hints. Well no matter what happens, Jr. is going to get screwed for helping Mimi.

Sake is a Japanese alcoholic drink. Also i want to see what is going on at Grimskull.

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon May 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Drago2552 wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:So we have a shape-shifting lord of darkness who happens to be a good parent (compared to Mandy, Him, and Grim). And we have the father of Chi's best friend enjoying a hotspring and sake (what is sake?) in the next room. I can actually see Him walking in on Aku while "he" is being motherly to Chi. I will let you picture that yourselves and what will happen next.

Sake is a Japanese alcoholic drink. Also i want to see what is going on at Grimskull.

Sake is pronounced as Sa-ke, not sake the way you would say "for one's own sake".
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Yokai_Moon » Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I got a whole cheshire cat vibe from Alice in Wonderland (animated 1951) when Aku smiled, doesn't look at all like Garfield.

It's actually refreshing to see another father figure who pays attention (and cares) about his child's needs and hey he can turn into a female, which is even better! Chi can still get womanly advice without a mother (not to say men can't give womanly advice, but it is better to have someone Chi can relate to (i.e. same gender) talk about certain things and be comfortable with it).

Postby Guardian » Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 pm

stratus wrote:You of all forumers who has extensive web forum experience and who has a reputation for brutal honesty and blunt commentary, i would of expected to encourage the challenging of an idea with another idea. You have final say on the matter, use your powers and authority as you see fit. i will respect any calls you make. and drop the issue and move on.

I do, but you weren't bringing any new ideas to the table that had supportive evidence. Don't think you know me stratus, nor be that quick to bow to an angry moderator. It was the tone of your post that angered me, not the ideas. I welcome opposition because that is what makes us stronger.

stratus wrote:Multi quoting was just efficient for addressing and highlighting separate key issues

That's not a quote pyramid, or was the comment. Its when you have multiple quotes within a quote. It becomes a eye sore, and the site use to protect itself against them, but I'm not sure why it is going on. There is no reason for people to continuous quote the same conversation into there post. You can direct messages in a more effective way in which people would pay attention to them, by using the "@" symbol followed by the user name or using three-tier quote pyramids.

stratus wrote:i believe it brought out quite useful information for everyone and added new perspective for people to view this comic in a different light

Like what? You had no supportive evidence and I shot it down. You can't have "well this proves it except for this" statements and expect them to work for you and only you.

stratus wrote:I dont see how posting in caps and occasional profanity on your end could be considered as a civil tone.

Let me put this bluntly, it wasn't meant to sound civil. You pissed me off. If you need me to spell it out further, I believe something could be worked out. If you would read my post, you would discover that it was the tone of your post which pissed me off, not the ideas.

adrimiz7 wrote:So what was Aku disapointed in with Chi?? Was it that she attacked Him, or the outfit she wore during the attack??

Both.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby DarkKing » Mon May 20, 2013 10:42 pm

I wonder if Walker will have a kid too since all the other rulers do.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Biocolor » Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Off topic here but. Who here has ever had to chase down 6 kittens before.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:You of all forumers who has extensive web forum experience and who has a reputation for brutal honesty and blunt commentary, i would of expected to encourage the challenging of an idea with another idea. You have final say on the matter, use your powers and authority as you see fit. i will respect any calls you make. and drop the issue and move on.

I do, but you weren't bringing any new ideas to the table that had supportive evidence. Don't think you know me stratus, nor be that quick to bow to an angry moderator. It was the tone of your post that angered me, not the ideas. I welcome opposition because that is what makes us stronger.

stratus wrote:Multi quoting was just efficient for addressing and highlighting separate key issues

That's not a quote pyramid, or was the comment. Its when you have multiple quotes within a quote. It becomes a eye sore, and the site use to protect itself against them, but I'm not sure why it is going on. There is no reason for people to continuous quote the same conversation into there post. You can direct messages in a more effective way in which people would pay attention to them, by using the "@" symbol followed by the user name or using three-tier quote pyramids.

stratus wrote:i believe it brought out quite useful information for everyone and added new perspective for people to view this comic in a different light

Like what? You had no supportive evidence and I shot it down. You can't have "well this proves it except for this" statements and expect them to work for you and only you.

stratus wrote:I dont see how posting in caps and occasional profanity on your end could be considered as a civil tone.

Let me put this bluntly, it wasn't meant to sound civil. You pissed me off. If you need me to spell it out further, I believe something could be worked out. If you would read my post, you would discover that it was the tone of your post which pissed me off, not the ideas.

adrimiz7 wrote:So what was Aku disapointed in with Chi?? Was it that she attacked Him, or the outfit she wore during the attack??

Both.

Or maybe it's because Chi couldn't hurt Him at all and that she knew that even though she has no powers
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Hiroko » Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm

CrimsonCreed, I don't think you needed to quote that entire post. ^^; You could have just deleted all that extra stuff and leave only the bit where Blood Lord was talking specifically about Chi.
The Sentimental One

Postby Drago2552 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:10 am

DarkKing wrote:I wonder if Walker will have a kid too since all the other rulers do.

I don't want Walker to have a kid. I want to see Jango to appear though.

Postby Biocolor » Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 am

Drago2552 wrote:
DarkKing wrote:I wonder if Walker will have a kid too since all the other rulers do.

I don't want Walker to have a kid. I want to see Jango to appear though.

I'm afraid to ask this question but whose jango.

Postby Lumino » Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 am

For some reason, this side of Aku reminds me of his discussion with Jack in the episode 'Jack vs Aku.'

Aku: "Oh put that thing away. Look, we all know how this is gonna go. You'll swing your sword around, I'll fly away saying something like 'I'll be back Samurai!', and disappear over the horizon. And then we won't see each other again for maybe a week. And then we'll start the whole thing all over again."

Aku was one of my favorite villains, because while he was doubtlessly evil, he still had his moments where he was almost Affably Evil.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue May 21, 2013 1:06 am

Hiroko wrote:CrimsonCreed, I don't think you needed to quote that entire post. ^^; You could have just deleted all that extra stuff and leave only the bit where Blood Lord was talking specifically about Chi.

Gaaahhh, you beat me to it.... -~-

(no, i am not going to mention the lacking of "@" in lou of your swift action(posting(yeah)),
Which I approve of(if that amounts to something... (two rocks perhaps?))).
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Biocolor » Tue May 21, 2013 1:45 am

YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Hiroko wrote:CrimsonCreed, I don't think you needed to quote that entire post. ^^; You could have just deleted all that extra stuff and leave only the bit where Blood Lord was talking specifically about Chi.

Gaaahhh, you beat me to it.... -~-

(no, i am not going to mention the lacking of "@" in lou of your swift action(posting(yeah)),
Which I approve of(if that amounts to something... (two rocks perhaps?))).

Oh my god lingo what is with all of the parenthesis.

Postby Tuor » Tue May 21, 2013 1:48 am

oh my god, Bio, what is with quoting posts that are directly before yours?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue May 21, 2013 2:02 am

@bio
It's what/how i do ('ya dig?( of course 'ya dig ma'y'n ( homie ( G ( dog'g )))))
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby silvercover » Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 am

heh, if he does have a kid, id imagine it would be the reverse/flip of junior's character.

while junior is that kid who wants to be recognized by his parents and be impressive to everyone else, walker's kid would be that sleazy kid who ignores/dislikes his dad for being bossy/rigid/discipline and probably for wanting him to inherit the position. he'd be slightly rebellious, only slightly since I think walker will be quite stern, where he locks up in his room and is often out maybe doing stuff like graffiti and hanging out with slackers.
somehow I also dont see him to be quite as hard or mean like his father. he might even be a meek sort of guy. and probably dislikes following the rules and order.

Postby DarkKing » Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 pm

silvercover wrote:

heh, if he does have a kid, id imagine it would be the reverse/flip of junior's character.

while junior is that kid who wants to be recognized by his parents and be impressive to everyone else, walker's kid would be that sleazy kid who ignores/dislikes his dad for being bossy/rigid/discipline and probably for wanting him to inherit the position. he'd be slightly rebellious, only slightly since I think walker will be quite stern, where he locks up in his room and is often out maybe doing stuff like graffiti and hanging out with slackers.
somehow I also dont see him to be quite as hard or mean like his father. he might even be a meek sort of guy. and probably dislikes following the rules and order.

That would be interesting. I was thinking that if Walker had a kid he could be Junior's rival. He would be junior's opposite, he would be well respected by Walker's underlings and feared by the prisoners in in the ghost prision. Also I think he would have complete control over his powers unlike junior.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue May 21, 2013 3:27 pm

I would be very weird for HIM to have intercourse with Aku. I can see Ikra doing it with Jack, but that doesn't explain the resemblance to Blossom in Chi. I agree with one of BL's theory's.

As for Walker's kid. It hope he doesn't have one, I imagine him to a person who doesn't need a wife or child to bother him. I do would like to see a child of Skulker and Ember McLain (assuming they still are in the Ghost Zone). A boy would be the best choice (we have so many female kids) and Django would be nice to see too.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Xi-1 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

HIM pulled a cowboy. I wonder if he decided to wear the outfit just for that, and to get his hat shot off? Now that we know Chi doesn't have any powers, and that her gun was likely her only weapon, other than her authority, we also know how lucky she is that HIM let her off so lightly, and that Aku is such a doting parent that he'd rather see her smile and laugh than anything else. On the other hand, lacking powers means it's extremely unlikely HIM would try to send Chi after Mimi, knowing her expected success rate is around 0%. That means HIM has been sincere this whole time! No manipulation at all? Qu'elle suprise!

Who could possibly resist laughing at such faces? Such a heartwarming indication that Chi has had a good, almost-normal childhood. It's good to see when Bleedman characters tend to have it rough. I also like how Aku turned into Ikra before doing something related to Chi's clothes. It's like he's trying to related to her more on her gender-level, which is a nice thing for a parent to do. I guess a shapeshifter can afford to be that much more understanding.

Aku seems to be as good a parent as he is a villain.

Those are some interesting theories about Aku and Blossom being in a relationship, Blood Lord. I guess it's too bad we have no idea whether we'll even get confirmation of such a thing, nevermind knowing how long it'll be before it happens. Nevertheless, Aku's and Chi's relationship is turning out to be the one I enjoy seeing the most, especially after seeing what HIM has done to Mimi, as well as seeing the misunderstanding between Mina and the Count. It's decent levity in a dark and serious comic.
A Page Flipper

Postby nursekiller » Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Is a reference to gaturro? Argentine character

Postby Drago2552 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I would be very weird for HIM to have intercourse with Aku. I can see Ikra doing it with Jack, but that doesn't explain the resemblance to Blossom in Chi. I agree with one of BL's theory's.
Why would you even think of that. It is so disturbing for see Him and Ikra

As for Walker's kid. It hope he doesn't have one, I imagine him to a person who doesn't need a wife or child to bother him. I do would like to see a child of Skulker and Ember McLain (assuming they still are in the Ghost Zone). A boy would be the best choice (we have so many female kids) and Django would be nice to see too.

Thank you for agreeing with me on this concept i dont want Walker to have a kid as well I know i am repeating myself but i want Jango of the Dead to appear.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!