Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Postby Senel » Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

EagleMan wrote:Eh, the tailed beast thing isn't the worst thing they could retcon. If the tailed beasts were such a big threat, why not just kill a host with them inside? Problem solved. Even if you want to keep your own Jinchuriki for the power, it still makes sense to go assassinate the other ones.

It has been stated before that should a bijuu be killed inside of a host that it would just reincarnate at a later point in time. Containing them in people capable of suppressing them is probably a better solution.

Postby Rival » Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Senel wrote:
EagleMan wrote:Eh, the tailed beast thing isn't the worst thing they could retcon. If the tailed beasts were such a big threat, why not just kill a host with them inside? Problem solved. Even if you want to keep your own Jinchuriki for the power, it still makes sense to go assassinate the other ones.

It has been stated before that should a bijuu be killed inside of a host that it would just reincarnate at a later point in time. Containing them in people capable of suppressing them is probably a better solution.

Oh it did? I can't remember that info. That'd totally solve my only problem with this chapter, which had some pretty good dialogue. Do you remember roughly in which arc it was stated?
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Lord Frieza » Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Kakashi killing Rin because of the bijuu in her felt... Weird. And uncomfortable. Mostly uncomfortable though.

New Fairy Tail is out btw.

"The magic I wield... will be the magic... that crushes you."

Yup. You keep telling yourself that, Wendy.
Planet Pawner

Postby Senel » Sat May 11, 2013 1:06 am

If I remember correctly either someone from the Cloud village said it while explaining shit to Naruto during his training or Tobi may have said when he attacked Minato.

If the tailed beast is removed from its jinchūriki's body, the jinchūriki will die. Similarly, if the jinchūriki dies with the tailed beast still sealed within them, the beast will die too. Because of this, the tailed beasts tend to be very protective of their jinchūriki, and will take any action whenever their lives are in danger. However, it is revealed that the tailed beasts can actually survive their jinchūriki's deaths, with the only consequence being that it will take time for them to revive without a host.

From the wiki. I believe a Cloud ninja said it during Naruto's training arc to control Kurama, or it was possibly Obito when he attacked Konoha.

Postby Rival » Sat May 11, 2013 5:47 am

Senel wrote:However, it is revealed that the tailed beasts can actually survive their jinchūriki's deaths, with the only consequence being that it will take time for them to revive without a host.

From the wiki.

Ah thanks, Senel

The wiki lists these two pages as citations:

I now remember that when I first read these pages I thought it was a translation issue, and by "reviving" they meant extracting the Tailed Beast and putting it into a new host. But in hindsight that was dumb of me. Would've liked the explanation to have more substance, but t's nice Kishimoto didn't retcon it only at chapter 629.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Lord Frieza » Sat May 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Senel wrote:If the tailed beast is removed from its jinchūriki's body, the jinchūriki will die.

Except for an Uzumaki, apparently.
Planet Pawner

Postby WiNg0o » Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 am

I saw it coming, trying to make Ishida relevant again.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Mir@k » Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Ishida feels so bland
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Wed May 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Mir@k wrote:Ishida's so bland

Postby Rival » Thu May 16, 2013 7:14 am

One Piece: I think Bartolomeo is Oda's tribute to Jake Martinez, in the same way as Caesar Clown is a tribute to Kurotsuchi Mayuri. Just like Jake, Batolomeo's power is at first a mystery, then it's revealed to be barriers. Just like Jake he is rude, wears excentric clothing, and is an attention whore.

Bartolomeo's far uglier than Jake:
Jake: http://i.imgur.com/Z7aw7xX.jpg
Bartolomeo: http://i.imgur.com/UwL7iyI.png

But Oda always draws rude characters to be ugly. If Keiji Fujiwara voices Bartolomeo in the anime, it'll be a 100% confirmation that I'm right.

Bleach: I believe Yhwach is Kubo's play on the German Ich wach "I guard" or on Ich wach auf "I wake up", since the guy "slept" or was dormant for close to 1000 years. But as usual Kubo goes wacko with the spelling.

The Masaki twist doesn't do much for me. Ultimately it was still Grand Fisher who killed her, which means Ichigo won't ever get to kill his mother's murderer, to say now that "Oh no, actually Yhwach is to blame!" is forced, it was all indirectly so it doesn't resonate with me.

Naruto: Ok chapter. I always had a soft spot for Ino, don't know why, she's not a very good character and she's a pretty straightforward cliche, so it must be I'm fond of her design.

It's pretty ridiculous how Naruto's all "Oh hey, it's my dead dad, sup'!" even though he has no way of knowing how Minato got resurrected and should be at least somewhat curious, but whatever. I dread the homoeroticism of the next few chapters though, Kishimoto will have Naruto-Sasuke, Hashirama-Madara and Minato-Obito to go crazy with.

Postby Vegedus » Thu May 16, 2013 10:25 am

Huh, it occurred to me that there are some parallels to buddhisms in the conversation between Kakashi and Obito. Kakashi is arguing very strongly for holding on to the physical worlds and it's pleasures and pains, while Obito wants him to "let go". Granted, it's not an exact match (Obito is more about creating a false, pleasure world, than transcending) and you're probably able to find such a parallel in any hero vs villain conflict. It just struck me due to the wording and the way Obito seemed to represent nirvana.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Lord Frieza » Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Onepunch-Man kicks major ass, as usual.
Planet Pawner

Postby WiNg0o » Wed May 22, 2013 10:35 am

Ok seriously just fuck Kishimoto and his ability to diffuse any tense situations by having Sasuke just show up and be buddy buddy with Naruto.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Rival » Wed May 22, 2013 11:16 am

WiNg0o wrote:Ok seriously just fuck Kishimoto and his ability to diffuse any tense situations by having Sasuke just show up and be buddy buddy with Naruto.

I was so certain it'd happen that I can't even bring myself to be annoyed. Sasuke trying to kill him? Water under the bridge!

Also, just in case someone doesn't know yet. Oda's hospitalized, no new One Piece for at least two weeks:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... eek-hiatus

Haven't read Bleach yet.

Postby Mir@k » Wed May 22, 2013 11:32 am

Bull fucking shit with soske. Slight ship tease back to narusaku, though i thought the shipping was over since the naruto and hinata thing a few chapters ago.

Blech is your typical "everyone's training off-screen" to justify the myriad of asspull techniques in the coming chapters. Although i'm a bit intrigued by komamura's part in the chapter i still feel whatever happens there is just going to "make him stronger", so it's not that special.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Fuck, I was really hoping Sasuke would be the final boss. Now it's some deuce bags we only know about because of the massive stream of flash backs.

Postby Rival » Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Vegedus wrote:Fuck, I was really hoping Sasuke would be the final boss.

I've been slowly realizing Sasuke would get "redeemed" without a fight with Naruto, ever since Sasuke and Itachi fought Kabuto. It was becoming clear from that point on, that Kishimoto thought he was writing a "conflicted" anti-hero. I'll laugh pretty hard if Kishomoto loves Sasuke so much, that he'll actually make him Hokage. That'd be the ultimate punchline.

Bleach was okay, it'd be nice if we learn what kind of creature Komamura actually is. And I've always liked Hisagi, so I'm glad to learn he has a Bankai.

Postby nobody » Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Off topic, where is your avatar from rival?
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby Rival » Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 pm

The scene itself is from "Go home Homura, you are drunk!" a Madoka MMD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwiuX2OAvJg

The .gif circulates on various Madoka related tumblrs.

Postby Lord Frieza » Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Who ever said Sasuke won't be the "final boss"? I thought it was made obvious that he was going to be the final opponent for Naruto when he mentioned he wanted to be Hokage. By aiming to become Hokage, Naruto and Sasuke have something to fight about. They'll probably decide who gets to become Hokage in a final showdown after the battle This way we finally get a conclusion to the Naruto-Sasuke rivalry and we get to see Naruto become Hokage.

On a side note, I found Naruto's comment on Sakura being his girlfriend to be a dick move by Kishi.
Planet Pawner

Postby WiNg0o » Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 pm

I just want to kill myself whenever a fucking Uchiha opens their goddamn mouth.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Rival » Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Who ever said Sasuke won't be the "final boss"? I thought it was made obvious that he was going to be the final opponent for Naruto when he mentioned he wanted to be Hokage. By aiming to become Hokage, Naruto and Sasuke have something to fight about. They'll probably decide who gets to become Hokage in a final showdown after the battle This way we finally get a conclusion to the Naruto-Sasuke rivalry and we get to see Naruto become Hokage.

Even if it happens the way you describe it, and I don't think it'll, it'd be a short fight placed anti-climatically, without them having any real beef against each other. There'd be hardly any tension, except sexual.

Lord Frieza wrote:On a side note, I found Naruto's comment on Sakura being his girlfriend to be a dick move by Kishi.

Didn't think you care about shipping, oh well to each his/her own.
Last edited by Rival on Thu May 23, 2013 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Vegedus » Thu May 23, 2013 5:50 am

Rival wrote:There'd be hadly any tension, except sexual.

Maybe... Maybe Naruto will go full circle. Ending as it started.

Naruto and Sasuke kissing   

Postby Lord Frieza » Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Rival wrote:Didn't think you care about shipping, oh well to each his/her own.

I don't. It's just I can't help but feel a little cheated when character development between Naruto and Hinata was disregarded/ignored by that comment. I've been wanting to see more development between the two for a long time, since Hinata's character development pretty much revolves around Naruto, but Naruto seems to ignore it completely. Especially in the Pain arc where Hinata confesses her love to Naruto. I'm not saying I want them to start dating after that, but at least a little follow up or something.

And I'm not saying that I want Naruto to come out and say "No Hinata is my girlfriend because I luv her fowevur!" (As a matter of fact, I would be just be annoyed if that happened), but if you're going to develop romantic tension between two characters, you shouldn't throw a comment like "Yeah Sakura is pretty much my girlfriend" out there. Especially since Naruto and Sakura haven't had many touching moments with each other in recent chapters.

...I'm still sounding like a shipper, arn't I? Maybe I just have a thing for girls with crushes on the main characters that arn't the main heroines/love interests of the story. I like cheering for the underdogs.

Rival wrote:Even if it happens the way you describe it, and I don't think it'll, it'd be a short fight placed anti-climatically, without them having any real beef against each other. There'd be hardly any tension, except sexual.

Well I never said it was a good ending. That's just how I predict the story will end. I've lost hope in Kishi's writing abilities a long time ago.

And this arc is still better than Fairy Tail...
Planet Pawner

Postby Rival » Thu May 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Maybe you just like the dandere character archetype?

Well, the one thing I've learned browsing fan-art of Naruto on Pixiv, is that the most popular pairing in Japan (for Hinata) is Neji-Hinata. So once I saw him die and Naruto and Hinata holding hands almost immediately after, I thought this'd free the story of the shipping nonsense, while keeping Japanese readers happy (since "heroic deaths" for well liked characters, are a cool thing there).

Sadly I was wrong about it finally ending, but if Neji stays dead and Sasuke stays "good" (that one seems almost certain) and alive, then I'd say chances of you seeing Naruto and Hinata hooked-up are rather high.

If not, Kishimoto will likely leave it open-ended and then some anime spin-off in the vain of Dragon Ball GT, which I expect will happen, will have them together, since the anime staff is totally into Naruto-Hinata.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion