My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Maru wrote:No, this is serious stuff. Like, survival tactics. Welcome-to-'Nam type shit. With MLP Trailmix.

You were asking for tips on planning on going to see the movie. If you're talking about not being a laugh stalk by half of everyone at the ticket booth, then its futile. But what the hell do you mean by "welcome-to-'Nam" and "MLP Trail mix"? I don't plan on going to see the movie myself. My obsessions with halo, batman, and doctor who, get me teased at school. It would be a new level of shame if I announced myself as a brony to the rest of the world. But I usually hold my interests and values with high self-esteem.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby BeeAre » Tue May 21, 2013 6:30 pm

yo MadDoctor. If it isn't true, no foul. If it is true, foul. People playing it safe is okay.

I am cautious about this whole Equestria Girls thing. I am just going to let people rip that shit from movie theaters. Let other dudes be brave and creepy at the same time by buying tickets to the Cartoon Horse Show. I'm going to play it safe back home with my goddamn vicodin, thanks.

If it all happens mid-season, I'm assuming some hella time dilation or some hella schedule dilation.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 pm

BeeAre wrote:yo MadDoctor. If it isn't true, no foul. If it is true, foul. People playing it safe is okay.

I am cautious about this whole Equestria Girls thing. I am just going to let people rip that shit from movie theaters. Let other dudes be brave and creepy at the same time by buying tickets to the Cartoon Horse Show. I'm going to play it safe back home with my goddamn vicodin, thanks.

If it all happens mid-season, I'm assuming some hella time dilation or some hella schedule dilation.

Well agreed. People already got entire seasons of MLP on youtube despite the constant takedowns by hasbro. I wouldn't be surprised if someone get the entire movie on youtube a few days after the Blu-ray/DVD release. Speaking of hasbro, once you kind of think about it, the Transformers TV shows are getting less attention than MLP. I miss the transformers anime of the 2000's.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.

Postby Maru » Tue May 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:MLP... trailmix?

Maru's Cooking Void~!
This Episode: ~MLP Trailmix~

Ingredients
-some sort of Tupperware
-Apple Jacks
-Skittles
-Starbursts
-Trix
-Marshmallows
-(insert finger-snack that represents Pinkie Pie here)
-hella cashews

Creation
Step 1. Pour all edibles into the Tupperware
Step 2. Mix all edibles
Step 3. Consume

Thank You Very Much~!

This was actually my friend's idea. Neat, huh?
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue May 21, 2013 6:57 pm

I feel really, really certain that within a few months of the DVD coming out, Hasbro will let the Hub show the movie (probably as part of a holiday special lineup). With a little patience, we will ALL get to see it. Not to mention that, if they really DO plan to make a series of this, they'll likey want to start by showing the movie to make a bridge between the two shows.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grieffon » Tue May 21, 2013 7:28 pm

@Maru & Doctor
If you are so afraid of being embarrassed buying the movie ticket, find someone to watch it with you. When you, alone at the ticket booth, buy more than 1 ticket, people will just assume you watch it with your daughter/sister.

Or if you want to make sure, kidnap a little girl to be more convincing.

This will make the "magical girl" fit: they can transform into an anthro form.

Postby Maru » Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm

No, I meant that we were going, and I was wondering if you'd like to hear our survival tactics. Right now, they feel pretty ehh though.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Grieffon wrote:Or if you want to make sure, kidnap a little girl to be more convincing.

Sounds good.

Postby J-Dude » Tue May 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Grieffon wrote:@Maru & Doctor
If you are so afraid of being embarrassed buying the movie ticket, find someone to watch it with you. When you, alone at the ticket booth, buy more than 1 ticket, people will just assume you watch it with your daughter/sister.

Or if you want to make sure, kidnap a little girl to be more convincing.

This will make the "magical girl" fit: they can transform into an anthro form.

I WAS going to see it alone, but my girlfriend told me should would if I asked her to. And she typically shows no interest in the show (bit of a tomboy) so I don't take for granted her willingness on that. Not sure I will though, just because I'd hate to drag her along to something I'm not even sure *I* will entirely enjoy.

Now to that pic...

Oh sweet merciful hell... yep, magical girl anthro-transformations.

Well, one thing I'll say is that —like the regular designs— it doesn't look NEARLY as cringe-worthy in execution as it did in concept. God, whoever was hired to produce the "concept renderings" for this series should really be fired. Is Hasbro's marketing team just incapable of making something not look AWFUL?

That said... I have to wonder: just how WILL these "magical girl" powers be used? I don't see horns, so will Twilight or Rarity (or Roshellina or whatever her name was) wave their hands at baddies to enact spells or else palm-fire magical bolts like this was Dragonball Z?

And clearly the other characters won't be using MAGIC (unless the rules are REALLY different for a human-turned magical anthro) so is it just that our pegasus analogues will be able to fly, or will our earth pony analogues have superhuman strength or something?

If handled well, this could actually be pretty interesting, and it's one of those spots where the creative team can really show us what they've got and make their unique elements interesting.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I've been wondering what the cameo characters like Dr. whooves and Derpy would look like. I hope Doctor Whooves will look like David Tennant or Matt Smith. Maybe even a blue box in the background.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 pm

The Doctor and Derpy may make a background appearance since they are two of the more popular characters in the show background or otherwise. I wonder if they could get away with having them step out of the "blue box" and not worry about any legal problems. If they don't, I'm sure someone on deviant art might draw it eventually. Hell, I could probably find a bunch humanized drawing of them already.
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 am

.... It had to be CSImadmax

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed May 22, 2013 3:55 am

I TOLD YOU! I TOLD EVERYONE! EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Wed May 22, 2013 4:45 am

You know what would make seeing the movie worth it... if by some miracle they got David Tennant to voice a line for Dr. Whooves human form....

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed May 22, 2013 6:09 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I've been wondering what the cameo characters like Dr. whooves and Derpy would look like. I hope Doctor Whooves will look like David Tennant or Matt Smith. Maybe even a blue box in the background.

If you're lucky and they get this started early, maybe. Otherwise, if they delay, they'll be people demanding it be John Hurt.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby punzil504 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I've been wondering what the cameo characters like Dr. whooves and Derpy would look like. I hope Doctor Whooves will look like David Tennant or Matt Smith. Maybe even a blue box in the background.

If Hasbro has banned Derpy from Season 4, why would they allow her anywhere near Equestria Girls?
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed May 22, 2013 7:33 am

Because We have Kusang :D He'll help us out with all our Derpy need.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 8:29 am

punzil504 wrote:

If Hasbro has banned Derpy from Season 4, why would they allow her anywhere near Equestria Girls?

They banned Derpy?

Postby Grieffon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:They banned Derpy?

Here's the whole story: they gave Derpy a speaking role in season 2. Soccer moms complained to Hasbro that a clumsy, silly derp-eye character is offensive to those with mental disabilities. They decided to un-derp her eyes and change her voice to sound less derp, and then there was a massive controversy from people who are against the change. But it didn't work, as they keep the underp version.

In season 3, Derpy almost never appeared, probably to avoid the controversy. She did appear in the last episode, but it was due to special interference.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 am

why would anyone need to freak out about a phsychologically unstable pony. That scene only proves stupid people are dangerous, and can harm anyone near by. It makes no sense.

Postby Grieffon » Wed May 22, 2013 1:33 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:why would anyone need to freak out about a phsychologically unstable pony. That scene only proves stupid people are dangerous, and can harm anyone near by. It makes no sense.

Nowadays people are afraid and offended by everything. It's really sad.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Because We have Kusang :D He'll help us out with all our Derpy need.

Unfortunately he's not the one who decide the final product. The studio will ultimately edit out anything that Hasbro doesn't like.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Nah, Twilight would have only showed up naked if this was made in Japan, and spike would be able to talk and maybe do a whole transformation sequence where he turns into a dragon dog (actually that part sounds pretty awesome) and Spike would on occasion get trapped in her cleavage or looking up her skirt. You know what, if Equestria Girls was made in Japan it would probably turn out like that one MLP/Sailor Moon comic that's been posted here before. Only Twilight wouldn't know how to put on cloths for the first few minutes. Then the CMC would stumble upon a bloody murder where the guy's head is cut off and put on a pike, even though this is suppose to be a show for kids and have to solve it because it turns out that Sweetie Bele is secretly a genius detective.
I could go on and on, but I'm done poking fun at anime.

Actually, it suddenly occurs to me that if this was an anime, we'd eventually see ALL of the cast naked. After all when an harem type anime series is on eventually someone decides to do a hot springs episode..............

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Whats with it with people on this forum and harems?

Postby Grivous » Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:why would anyone need to freak out about a phsychologically unstable pony. That scene only proves stupid people are dangerous, and can harm anyone near by. It makes no sense.

To them, it makes as sense as all adult fans of the show are pedo/furry/loony. *shrug*

BTW, I fount this pic talking about "Fandons". I don't know if it was already posted:

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm

That made my day.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)