My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Sat May 18, 2013 8:50 am

Flutterrex is best dinosaur =V

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Dibullba wrote:OUCH MY SIDES XD. God forbid the artist that figures out Twilight goes to that universe naked. If it were not for Hasbro having to be sure that the cartoon is kid friendly, I am sure she would not know the difference between being naked and wearing clothes XD.

Somewhere... out there... over the rainbow... Someone's already made that realization and has made art of it @_@
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat May 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:
Dibullba wrote:OUCH MY SIDES XD. God forbid the artist that figures out Twilight goes to that universe naked. If it were not for Hasbro having to be sure that the cartoon is kid friendly, I am sure she would not know the difference between being naked and wearing clothes XD.

Somewhere... out there... over the rainbow... Someone's already made that realization and has made art of it @_@

Though she does seen to get the concept rather quick, by prom time she has on different clothes, so at some point she would have had to figure out that the clothes are not part of her (since her CM is now on her clothes, and most of the other females wear clothes very similar to hers in struckture, this might not be automatically intuative. Actually that could itself be an interesting hidden scene; Humanized Twilight finding out what she looks like without her clothes I don't know which is going to scare her more, that she has breasts, that she only has two of them (no wait, it turns out horses have only two as well) or that they are ALWAYS out (like most mammals, horses usually only have visible mammaries when they are swollen for nursing).
The clip pics also showed something else to me, up till now I thought those criss cross things on Twilight's legs were her boot laces, but now it just looks like they are an ornamental argyle design on her socks (are those actually socks? When I saw the small full length image image I thought they were ( that Twilight was going for the "Japanese schoolgirl baggy socks look) but she seems to have socks on under them. So are they part of her boots/shoes (they seem to stop a little high for that) or is Twilight wearing one pair of socks over another?)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Dibullba » Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Well what I mean is that Hasbro approached the clothing thing as if what she is wearing when she appears in that universe was originally her fur. Technically though since there are actual clothing in the cartoon, she would actually have gone to that universe naked just wearing a saddlebag. So perhaps she might have some idea as to what clothing is, but not what it would be for in the humanized universe. Just imagine Twilight not understanding that purpose with no inhibitions walking around as such as if it were normal.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat May 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Dibullba wrote:Technically though since there are actual clothing in the cartoon, she would actually have gone to that universe naked just wearing a saddlebag. So perhaps she might have some idea as to what clothing is, but not what it would be for in the humanized universe. Just imagine Twilight not understanding that purpose with no inhibitions walking around as such as if it were normal.

That's one heck of a lemon fic you're spinning there bro.

(I'm just kidding with you)

I've felt like this a few times:
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat May 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Considering how Fluttershy is portrayed in the IDW comic (   owning a zoo with carnivorous animals, fascinated by animals mauling each other, and having a secret chamber   ), I wouldn't be surprised if the above is real...

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun May 19, 2013 12:20 am

I have a little fan theory that Twilight unknowingly has a fragment of King Sombra hiding inside her and that's how Season 4 is going to start.

(Actually its less of a theory and more of a fanfic I'm probably not going to get to writing anytime soon at least)

Anyways, it looks like I wasn't the only one who thought this would be a cool idea:
Look at Evil Twi's posture here, she's all like: "Yeah, I know I'm the hypest shit, what of it?"
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 19, 2013 6:56 am

I only see another version of the One Ring (that crown maybe) possessing twilight in that picture.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:
Dibullba wrote:Technically though since there are actual clothing in the cartoon, she would actually have gone to that universe naked just wearing a saddlebag. So perhaps she might have some idea as to what clothing is, but not what it would be for in the humanized universe. Just imagine Twilight not understanding that purpose with no inhibitions walking around as such as if it were normal.

That's one heck of a lemon fic you're spinning there bro.

(I'm just kidding with you)

Actually I can't help thinking about Starfire from Teen Titans . In the original (pre cartoon) comics it was made VERY clear that she didn't understand why humans were so obsessed with not being seen naked (apparantly its not a big deal on Tameran) and there were a LOT of times in the comics (when she was alone) that she took the opportunity to strip. Which is why I giggle so much when I see those scenes in the cartoon (there have been two by now, one in the "classic" Teen Titans cartoon one in the current one) where Starfire freaks out because she's seen without her clothes (or in the case of the one from the classic, where it is implied someone can see under her clothes.) To finalize the funny, the Teen Titans cartoon inspired comic had at least one episode where Starfire had her "old" attitude towards nudity, being so eager to pursue the bad guy that the fact she had no clothes on did not seem to her an important point (though it was a VERY important one to Robin and Cyborg)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grieffon » Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 am

Some rumors about EG that actually sound very legit
   -The Movie Takes place before the coronation.
-The series is planned to be a magical girl series where Twilight travels to the human world to go to school to teach proper magic use as well as protect the school and town from students that have gained magic and also animals that have been transformed.

-Twilight then leaves back to the Pony world for her Coronation that you see at the end of season 3. Twilight is considered the second Crystal Princess, which is why the next toyline is called Crystal Princess Celebration.

-In season 4, she still lives in the Library. But in EqG she travels from her room in the Crystal Palace to the Human world.

-Season 4 doesn’t acknowledge EqG, but EqG talks about things that happen in season 4

-There won’t be magic for the first part of the film. After Shimmer gets the crown though, she causes magic to get unleashed into the world. It awakens naturally for some, for others it gets forced out and they can’t control it and kind of go on a rampage.

-Twilight and the others help these humans by defeating and purifying them.

-Twilight will teach in the school and this whole thing was part of Celestia’s plan. It’s why she told Twilight that everyone would be her students in MMC.

-About Flash (the guy everyone is calling Brad), in the movie Twilight just hugs him and Flash reacts awkwardly because he’s never so much as had a girl talk to him before. He does begin to flirt with her though when he starts to work up his confidence. He is suppose to be Twilight’s love interest in the series, but the writers want it to be natural like how Ron and Kim were in Kim Possible. Nothing known yet when they plan to move him forward to actually being Twilight’s boyfriend.   

Normally, I wouldn't trust something from /mlp/, but everything fit together very well. Source here, if you are willing to go through the usual 4chan stuff to get more information.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 20, 2013 1:41 am

I took another look at the Equestria Girls trailer, and I saw a couple things...

1. Fluttershy and Applejack at one point are wearing fake animal ears... I don't know what that's about but I'm seeing a couple possibilities come from that like Twilight trying to explain to them something.

And 2. Applejack's complexion is more that of a real skin colour than her coat colour. It makes her look the most human looking out of anyone there.

Also, 4th episode! YAY!

An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 am

I still do not trust 4chan regardless. The whole thing of being a princess and also going into a world that does not particularly have a legitimate reason for her to be their just seems too far fetched to be an actual series. It is like in real life if you were the President of the USA with almost 24 hours of responsibility and yet having another universe that you have to take care of while still having said responsibilities. Just stretches too thin in my mind.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 am

I'm going to trust them for a bit until premier time. Anyone else planning on going the day it comes out? Because I think I might.

Also, another Dan Vs. FIM vid. MORE YAY!

An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 am

You know, the more Dan/MLP videos I see, the more and more I start to like that crossover.

Now behold:
Bark

Postby J-Dude » Mon May 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Grieffon wrote:Some rumors about EG that actually sound very legit
   -The Movie Takes place before the coronation.
-The series is planned to be a magical girl series where Twilight travels to the human world to go to school to teach proper magic use as well as protect the school and town from students that have gained magic and also animals that have been transformed.

-Twilight then leaves back to the Pony world for her Coronation that you see at the end of season 3. Twilight is considered the second Crystal Princess, which is why the next toyline is called Crystal Princess Celebration.

-In season 4, she still lives in the Library. But in EqG she travels from her room in the Crystal Palace to the Human world.

-Season 4 doesn’t acknowledge EqG, but EqG talks about things that happen in season 4

-There won’t be magic for the first part of the film. After Shimmer gets the crown though, she causes magic to get unleashed into the world. It awakens naturally for some, for others it gets forced out and they can’t control it and kind of go on a rampage.

-Twilight and the others help these humans by defeating and purifying them.

-Twilight will teach in the school and this whole thing was part of Celestia’s plan. It’s why she told Twilight that everyone would be her students in MMC.

-About Flash (the guy everyone is calling Brad), in the movie Twilight just hugs him and Flash reacts awkwardly because he’s never so much as had a girl talk to him before. He does begin to flirt with her though when he starts to work up his confidence. He is suppose to be Twilight’s love interest in the series, but the writers want it to be natural like how Ron and Kim were in Kim Possible. Nothing known yet when they plan to move him forward to actually being Twilight’s boyfriend.   

Normally, I wouldn't trust something from /mlp/, but everything fit together very well. Source here, if you are willing to go through the usual 4chan stuff to get more information.

Huh, never considered that this could take please mid-season. It would certainly help to explain the whole flying thing. Hell, it also presents opportunities for more of MMC's plot elements to be explained.

Yeah, the magical girl thing sounds equally great and foreboding. I saw a tweet where one of the devs was asked about the "anthro" human pony designs we saw with the wings and the ears and all, and this helps me fear that the girls might "transform" into those abominations...

That said, if this really turns into a series about battling magical beings and monsters and such, then it's exactly the supernatural kick in the ass this thing needs to get beyond the high school shit.

Other good signs include Shimmer getting a hold of the crown. Now, it's possible she could just steal it after Twilight wins the stupid popularity contest, but here's a thought: what if she DOESN'T win? How against convention would that be, setting up the prom queen contest and having it basically be proven as superfluous. Not likely, but it'd be something...

Also, I LOVE the idea of Twilight being a teacher. It acknowledges her maturity and status as a damn ADULT. That's one of the big things about the EG premise I never liked was that it paints the M6 as friggin teenagers, when clearly they're independent adults holding down adult jobs. Having a high school story where the main character is a teacher? Why is this not a more common plot? Shit, it'd be like if "Good Morning Miss Bliss" HADN'T been turned into fucking "Saved By The Bell," and made about the students and THEIR stupid problems. This would actually be monumentally refreshing, and allow the school elements to exist while allowing much of the action to take place outside of it so we can have our Sailor Moon analogue plots.

Of course, from there any relationship involving Brad/Jock/Flash whatever his name is would be scandalous as all hell, but might also provide the kind of barrier the audience needs between them. That, or be incredibly hilariously inappropriate and lead to some classic derpibooru imagery and Chris Hansen photo-edits.   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm

What's the point of spoilers if this is information that we aren't even sure about.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Because if it is true to some extent, it prevents people from being exposed to something they might not have wanted to know. Not everyone likes spoilers.
An Optimist

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon May 20, 2013 6:10 pm

But these are therories and rumors. They don't spoil anything unless it was generated by the makers of the film.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Grieffon » Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

It is information from someone who claimed that they work on the film. There was one case like this before, also from 4chan, and it was accurate. I just play safe and put it in spoilers.

Postby Dibullba » Tue May 21, 2013 12:57 am

You know what this magical girl theory ends up sounding like? Winx.... yeah. I do not care what people might say, but this just spells disaster in my mind if Equestria Girls was to become a series. All fine with the movie to give it a shot as it seems like an interesting one shot approach to the show, but do we seriously need another Winx?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue May 21, 2013 1:33 am

Actually... that's not a bad comparison. I'm not afraid to say I actually know the premise of the show, where a normal girl finds herself thrusted into a new world that she goes on magical adventures with to defend their world. Switch it around where a magical being goes to a normal world to defend it with 5 old friends and... you have what "might" be EQG. Maybe.

But the part where she possibly    goes back and forth between worlds    was a W.I.T.C.H. idea, which was a show I liked despite just being a darker set magical girl show from Italy.
An Optimist

Postby Maru » Tue May 21, 2013 4:02 pm

My friend and I are trying to figure out how to prepare to go see this movie. Is anyone interested in seeing what we've come up with?
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Maru wrote:My friend and I are trying to figure out how to prepare to go see this movie. Is anyone interested in seeing what we've come up with?

Are you talking about disguising yourselves as small girls? It's futile. Resistance is futile.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Maru » Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

No, this is serious stuff. Like, survival tactics. Welcome-to-'Nam type shit. With MLP Trailmix.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

MLP... trailmix?
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)