New Grim Tales - 5/19/13 - Words from big daddy... wait...wu

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales - 5/19/13 - Words from big daddy... wait...wu

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 10:24 pm

I get the sense of a "General Iroh" feel from Aku as a parent, which I think is a good thing.

I do wonder though what his genetic make up is when you consider how he was created. According to the Samurai Jack series, he was a fraction of a great formless evil that the three deities (Odin, Ra, and Vishnu) destroyed. His fragment landed on Earth, and in an attempt to destroy him, the the Samurai Lord shot a magic arrow into the cursed lake that his fragment was in. This kind backfired and the mixture gave the substance humanoid form, sentience, and the ability to shape shift, thus giving creation to the demon wizard, Aku.

This possibly gives more of a understanding to an asexual reproduction for the creation of Chi. I doth wonder along this track then if Blossom (either before or after) was used as a sort of "mental/spiritual" template in order for Chi to be created. Aku used copied information from Blossom, merged it with a fragment of himself to give it life, and created Chi.

Another idea is that a little darker, and one that I support is that Chi is Blossom. After her demise at the hands of Him and Mimi, Aku used the soul or remains of the soul of Blossom, and forged them into a his daughter in a similar matter above. Blossom's soul could have been a gift to Aku from Him as a means of friendship. Thus they have a good relation, a relationship between Aku and Blossom could have existed with all of this going on, and would explain Chi's attraction to Mimi. Another not is that this could also explain BR's cryptic message of "Aku/Bloosom girl".

Both ideas seem to cover the evidence we have thus far.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I get the sense of a "General Iroh" feel from Aku as a parent, which I think is a good thing.

I do wonder though what his genetic make up is when you consider how he was created. According to the Samurai Jack series, he was a fraction of a great formless evil that the three deities (Odin, Ra, and Vishnu) destroyed. His fragment landed on Earth, and in an attempt to destroy him, the the Samurai Lord shot a magic arrow into the cursed lake that his fragment was in. This kind backfired and the mixture gave the substance humanoid form, sentience, and the ability to shape shift, thus giving creation to the demon wizard, Aku.

This possibly gives more of a understanding to an asexual reproduction for the creation of Chi. I doth wonder along this track then if Blossom (either before or after) was used as a sort of "mental/spiritual" template in order for Chi to be created. Aku used copied information from Blossom, merged it with a fragment of himself to give it life, and created Chi.

that's what I'm wondering as well and I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered how Aku was created.

also ahhhh laser eye beams a true classic
Last edited by K13-ZAR on Mon May 20, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Havoc » Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

I noticed Chi said something about not having eye lasers. Now right off the bat, I would say this is evidence that she is related to Blossom. However, if memory serves, Aku also had eye lasers, right? I also like that Aku is a good dad. It certainly is a breath of fresh air, compared to Mandy and Him.

Blood Lord wrote:Another idea is that a little darker, and one that I support is that Chi is Blossom. After her demise at the hands of Him and Mimi, Aku used the soul or remains of the soul of Blossom, and forged them into a his daughter in a similar matter above. Blossom's soul could have been a gift to Aku from Him as a means of friendship. Thus they have a good relation, a relationship between Aku and Blossom could have existed with all of this going on, and would explain Chi's attraction to Mimi. Another not is that this could also explain BR's cryptic message of "Aku/Bloosom girl".

That could be possible. In a sick fucked up way, this could explain why Chi is obsessed with Mimi. Now I know how wrong that must sound, but hear me out. The part of Blossom that loved her daughter still remains in Chi, but maybe that love has turned to lust somehow.

Also if part of Blossom's soul was used to make Chi, then I have to wonder if Chi will have visions throughout the comic. Images, remnants of Blossom's memories.

Blood Lord wrote:This possibly gives more of a understanding to an asexual reproduction for the creation of Chi. I doth wonder along this track then if Blossom (either before or after) was used as a sort of "mental/spiritual" template in order for Chi to be created. Aku used copied information from Blossom, merged it with a fragment of himself to give it life, and created Chi.

If this holds true, my question would be: Why would he choose Blossom?

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 12:44 am

Havoc751 wrote:If this holds true, my question would be: Why would he choose Blossom?

Possibilities:

1: Sentimental attachment, if there was any sort of relationship between the two. Friends or romantic.
2: The reproductive process had a very specific set of requirements, which only Blossom could match up to.
3: A gift from Him.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby sinistra-sundown » Mon May 20, 2013 12:54 am

MissTikilicious wrote:1: While there are species of amphibians, reptiles and invertebrates that can reproduce asexually, I'm pretty sure that Aku does not have any DNA relations to any of these.
2: There are certin images that the brain does not need to have.

1: That is completely irrelevant, I was trying to question the implications of his ability to turn into the opposite gender, which brought up the question if his reproduction process even works remotely similar to animals, since he is ... what Blood Lord wrote.

2: And for giving your brain these pictures anyway there is the internet, amiright?

Blood Lord wrote:Another idea is that a little darker, and one that I support is that Chi is Blossom. After her demise at the hands of Him and Mimi, Aku used the soul or remains of the soul of Blossom, and forged them into a his daughter in a similar matter above. Blossom's soul could have been a gift to Aku from Him as a means of friendship. Thus they have a good relation, a relationship between Aku and Blossom could have existed with all of this going on, and would explain Chi's attraction to Mimi. Another not is that this could also explain BR's cryptic message of "Aku/Bloosom girl".
I really like this theory, even though I kinda doubt that Bleed himself would have put that much thought in this.

Postby Cerulean » Mon May 20, 2013 1:18 am

Blood Lord wrote:I get the sense of a "General Iroh" feel from Aku as a parent, which I think is a good thing.

Another idea is that a little darker, and one that I support is that Chi is Blossom. After her demise at the hands of Him and Mimi, Aku used the soul or remains of the soul of Blossom, and forged them into a his daughter in a similar matter above. Blossom's soul could have been a gift to Aku from Him as a means of friendship. Thus they have a good relation, a relationship between Aku and Blossom could have existed with all of this going on, and would explain Chi's attraction to Mimi. Another not is that this could also explain BR's cryptic message of "Aku/Bloosom girl".

Both ideas seem to cover the evidence we have thus far.

I like both of those ideas. The last idea is the most interesting to me. I probably go back to this more than I should, but I feel like her eyes are somehow tied into this. They look like a clock's gear, so maybe they are connected to time somehow? I have a theory of my own (that involves that last idea of yours Blood Lord) but mine feels a bit shaky. In order to create a new being, Aku somehow froze the portion of Blossom's soul that contained her memories, powers and personality. The gears would, therefore, be a sign that Chi (or her soul) has been placed under some sort of spell. Maybe the spell (if a spell is indeed in play) is only in effect until Chi makes more memories than the soul's predecessor (Sort of like saving over old data I guess)?

On that same note (sort of), I feel like her face also signifies something. I know that the white face paint is probably a reference to the face paint that geisha's wear; However, when I see her I can't help but feel that it looks like a face that has had the life sucked out of it. It's admittedly dark, but what if Aku (or Him) took Blossom's face (literally) after she died?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 20, 2013 1:59 am

Blood Lord wrote:Possibilities:

1: Sentimental attachment, if there was any sort of relationship between the two. Friends or romantic.
2: The reproductive process had a very specific set of requirements, which only Blossom could match up to.
3: A gift from Him.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Though a darker option, it also makes more sense. The possibilities listed for using Blossom also explains why Aku hasn't already created an offspring. Not only does it explain why Chi likes Mimi, but vice versa. Also if my memory is correct, after Her(the symbiote) was pulled out of Mimi, she softly called for Blossom. Calling for Blossom maybe something just instinctual or it could possibly Mimi thinking of Chi resembling Blossom, but the possibility of Mimi knowing that Blossom was 'turned' into Chi, it could also be a way of Mimi attempting to call out for help from the only 'living' person she can connect to.
Last edited by Tenshi Nova on Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby silvercover » Mon May 20, 2013 2:11 am

MissTikilicious wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
MissTikilicious wrote:Is it just me or does the second face Aku makes looks like something from Dr. Seuss.

More like Garfield.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Cartoon version of 'Cat in the Hat'.

maybe you guys meant that cat from alice in wonderland(not the latest movie of course)?

ah darn it. didnt remember that aku has laser beams. so the possibility of blossom is still not concrete.

Postby Ataw » Mon May 20, 2013 4:59 am

A little off topic, but does anybody else find it awesome that with the new recruits we're getting GT pages faster? I mean we've gotten 3 pages in less than two weeks!
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon May 20, 2013 10:25 am

Ataw wrote:A little off topic, but does anybody else find it awesome that with the new recruits we're getting GT pages faster? I mean we've gotten 3 pages in less than two weeks!

I have to agree with you there. There's always been about a one week or more delay in new pages coming out but ever since GT has gotten new recruits it's now about 4 days to a week or more. Perhaps we will see this kind of productivity coming soon to PPGD sometime in the near future but for now GT is on a fast paced roll.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 pm

What is this "new recruit" thing that you speak of?

I don't know if we will see this come to PpGD. Could, if he is doing X amount of pages in one and then the other. He doesn't have SB to worry about any more. I do think that it is going fast because this is interesting him the most right now and not PpGD. I suspect BR would confirm this with a loud groan.
Mercypostle

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 pm

I have to worry about SB and PpGD both now.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 9:44 pm

That sucks.
Mercypostle

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 pm

I feel Grim Tales is out of the three stories that has the ability to have a long life while PpGD is the one struggling to survive

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 20, 2013 10:29 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:I feel Grim Tales is out of the three stories that has the ability to have a long life while PpGD is the one struggling to survive

Excuse me why do you have that belief huh?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 pm

BeeAre wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:I feel Grim Tales is out of the three stories that has the ability to have a long life while PpGD is the one struggling to survive

I dunno

Postby Havoc » Mon May 20, 2013 10:46 pm

I have to say BR, it's mighty generous of you to continue Dmajorboss's work. But it sounds like quite a workload to do both PPGD and SB.

So are you going to continue work on SB from here on out, or is this just temporary until Bleed can find a replacement?

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:
BeeAre wrote:

I dunno

PpGD isn't struggling to survive. GT merely has Bleedman's interest.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm

BeeAre wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:
BeeAre wrote:

I dunno

okay I didn't mean to make you mad

Postby Exodis » Mon May 20, 2013 10:59 pm

He's not mad, he was just wondering (with a hint of irritation) why you would talk about the longevity of Bleedman's comics and, not only that, responding very poorly to his question. Next time dude think before you speak.
Last edited by Exodis on Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Randori wrote:He's not mad, he was just wondering why you would talk about the longevity of Bleedman's comics. And, not only that, responding to his question to something very poorly. Next time dude think before you speak.
While I'm inclined to agree with your assessment of the situation, it's not our place to say whether or not BR is actually mad.

I'd be a little cross if someone said the comic I'M working on is the one struggling. Go so far as to be even a little offended maybe.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon May 20, 2013 11:08 pm

BeeAre wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:
BeeAre wrote:

I dunno

Well I can see why considering the advancing storyline in this chapter. Plus on top of that I'm guessing that the story around who Chi is, is somewhere along the main focus of the story. Although I get the feeling Aku has a personal agenda and is only working with Him to a certain extent, after all he is a master at deception.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 am

GT feels to me something more like a mystery, constant questions and answers. Some take longer to answer, some just left there for the readers to interpret and discuss.

I still think that Aku and Him became friends through the destruction of Townsville.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby silvercover » Tue May 21, 2013 12:26 am

GT is more like my fix for guilty pleasure. or morbid fascination. also I like bleedman's art.
the mystery and such are just a bonus.

^normally I would have disagreed with that, but since recent pages seem to make both of them buddies maybe its that.

also happy 100th post for me :D

Postby Havoc » Tue May 21, 2013 12:34 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:GT feels to me something more like a mystery, constant questions and answers. Some take longer to answer, some just left there for the readers to interpret and discuss.

I still think that Aku and Him became friends through the destruction of Townsville Megaville.

I don't see why PPGD wouldn't be a "mystery". I think they're equally enticing. But I feel PPGD plot (although slower as of late) might be more direct in answering some of the questions we're all asking, I feel like we're headed straight torwards the answers. Meanwhile, GT has taken a detour in it's plot, away from answering the question that need explaining.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)