Words from big daddy... wait...wut?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Words from big daddy... wait...wut?

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 11:27 am

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:I wouldn't say he made me laugh it was more WTF the awwww so much better than HIM....wait....did she said...laser beams? Can Aku us laser beams...god damn it.

Yes. Aku can shoot lasers from his eyes.

Postby stratus » Sun May 19, 2013 12:18 pm

These updates are happening more frequently 3 in a row now, must be some sort of GT month, anyways felt this previous topic was worthy of further discussion
Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:Chi probably never had to fight a day in her life but its not uncommon for royalty to have their heirs well rounded and trained in etiquette, fine arts, combat, tactician/strategy, leadership, academics, politics.

Blood Lord wrote:I am expecting is that she is more of a "magic-caster-role"

Did I EVER dismiss the idea that she wasn't trained? FUCK NO. I stated that she wasn't a melee combat sort of character. She would be more inclined to be in the role of of a magic caster considering who her father is. I WASN'T RULING OUT THE POSSIBLITY OF COMBAT TRAINGING, I WAS IDENTIFIYING HER CLASS.

No, but you did mention formal physical combat training for chi may not be a necessity. I was supporting the idea of her having some type of formal education & training (magic included) without experience in real battlefield conditions, While also trying to provide support for the likelihood and necessity for her being also trained for close and psychical combat, along with citing her gene pool and overall potential for it. I got what you meant that her talents and training would likely have been groomed and refined towards the Magic/Spell casting area. Magic/summoner would likely serve as her specialty and her Main preferred style. Given her usual sorceress/commander like attire (elegant dress &robes with shoulder pads) + overall pampered lifestyle she doesn’t seem to be the type to favor close combat, or the type to get her hands dirty. But she probably would of been taught at least some minor hand to hand and weapon play as a back up in an event where her magic would prove insufficient or otherwise become negated/ rendered useless. (ex. Ice King without crown) .

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:Aku's array of powers are surely on the table but we should also factor in her mother , Chi is 1/2 power puff so the potential is open for her to have any variety of chemical X related abilities. speed, flight, strength, hyper senses, ice breath, near Indestructibility, energy blasts, maybe also blossoms keen intelect.

We both know that doesn't mean shit in this comic. We've seen that Mimi, who is a comic-confirmed daughter of Blossom that none of the puff skills transmitted to her, but that she was gifted with a different set entirely. It's going to be different with a daughter of Aku though in a similar manner of the differences between Minnie and Jr (before Halloween town)

Like you I’m only suggesting a “possibility” We Know Chi wasn’t Asexually produced and has a confirmed Mother. Therefore it only makes sense to consider the “potential” for the Mother’s traits as well as the Father’s. We know having 2 powerful parents does not guarantee a perfect hybrid offspring with all the powers (OC’s & fanfics are notorious for this); inheritance can vary greatly in quite a broad range of combinations or produce a new independent mutation all together. I would however consider Minnie’s case as being an ideal Hybrid, inheriting a good balance of Mandy’s superior genes and Nergal jr.’s demon abilities.

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote: Minnie's upbringing for example fits this pretty well to some extent.

No it doesn't.

Minnie doesn't stand in line to inherit anything. The Kingdom is going to Jr next because he is the oldest. Minnie's role is to be the body guard for Jr. Let me defeat you on another point. Jr has had no combat training either. He focuses on instincts with a scythe, and relies on the knowledge with the Nergal Demon to provide any combat capabilities from that department
she may not 1st born, but she’s still royalty, she would be second in line for the throne. I only said stated its “common” for Royal families to have their heirs well rounded and well versed in different arts and disciplines, that would also “usually “ include all “potential” heirs of the house, the other royal children. Jr.’s case is an exception to the “norm”, definitely appears more neglected / left in the dark. maybe it was that there was just nothing for him to master, he is an incomplete death, all the proper instincts may be already built in, engraved in his very bones. , being grim reaper is more of a job position than a power, all the actual powers are in the scythe itself, and only 1 person occupy the role of death.

Or maybe it was that he expressed such underwhelming skill, spineless demeanor, and lacking such talent that Mandy might have been considering passing him over as the legitimate heir back then. Birthrights wouldn’t be a big concern for her if she saw one offspring to possess superior qualities and higher potential than the other. (that isnt the case now) Also I haven’t seen anything to suggest Minnie being tasked to any official service under jr.
Last edited by stratus on Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun May 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Babbleburg wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:I'm imagining Aku's voice in that last panel... I'm scared

Hmm....scared?....or intrigued against your will? ;)

I'd rather not specify....
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby stratus » Sun May 19, 2013 1:06 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Babbleburg wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:I'm imagining Aku's voice in that last panel... I'm scared

ill say it for everyone, female Aku is Sexy no point in trying to avoid it. he pulled a rule 63, naruto does it all the time.
Last edited by stratus on Sun May 19, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 19, 2013 1:08 pm

stratus wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Babbleburg wrote:

ill say it for everyone, female Aku is sexy no point in trying to avoid it.

Thats very awkward for some reason.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sun May 19, 2013 1:24 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
stratus wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Babbleburg wrote:

ill say it for everyone, female Aku is sexy no point in trying to avoid it.

Thats very awkward for some reason.

I foresee some very perverted/sexy fanart and fanfictions in the near future.
Aku is sexy, if we didn't all think of Aku as male (he is an probably monogender) this wouldn't be awkward at all.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Stop with the quote pyramids.

stratus, this is the last time I'm going to address this because the tone you put this in has pissed me off. The mere fact that I haven't abused my mod powers in response to this should be something you need to thank your God for.

stratus wrote:I would however consider Minnie’s case as being an ideal Hybrid, inheriting a good balance of Mandy’s superior genes and Nergal jr.’s demon abilities.

That's not a fusion of abilities. Minnie is, well was, a genetic hybrid. Two races came together and made it work.

There is a difference as we see that Minnie wasn't fully human. Mimi was more human than the rest and could only resemble her father and is associated abilities with the help of a symbiote. Jr, well, we know he went through a process to turning him into who he is today, and resembles very little qualities of his mother. And now Chi more fully resembles her father, regardless of who the mother is. I know it has been said that it is Blossom, but I'm holding back on accepting that blindly again with consideration of recent events.

stratus wrote:While also trying to provide support for the likelihood and necessity for her being also trained for close and psychical combat

There isn't any. She doesn't need it, and no one in these levels seem to be planing for "just in case" situations with the except of Mandy who has a fucking army in her castle. No one is going to attack the City of Aku; Jack is dead, Aku has an alliance with Him, it would be fucking stupid. Chi doesn't need it, nor would she do it unless there was something there that appealed to her. Its not just a character classification here, its a consideration of her personality. The only reason she would go with it, is if there was an appeal to her. Even if there was, I don't expect her to last long against anyone.

stratus wrote:Also I haven’t seen anything to suggest Minnie being tasked to any official service under jr.

It's literally a rule of monarchies. The second child, or even the bastard offspring is trained as groomed to be a unofficial body guard.

Hence Mandy's reasoning for sleeping with Nergal Jr. Jr couldn't defend himself because he was in the same position Chi was, his powers weren't manifesting or going to for a while. Mandy is much more exposed to the likelihood of an assault than anyone else. The best choice would be the selection of a body guard, unofficial or not, that could be close to him without raising any suspicions, aka a sister.

That "Mandy is having children to gain more power" idea that I created was a reasoning to why there were Ghost Kids in AfterBirth, of which is no longer the case and is currently not considered to be canon. And for those who are about to inject "well BR said that-" shut your fucking mounts up right bloody now. Nothing has happened on that front. The idea that she is currently doing it has as much merit as saying that Mandy preserved the fast food chains and united them as one.

Postby daviso452 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:18 pm

about to say the exact same thing. can't quite remember his female voice.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Here is the episode for those who are more curious.
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/samur ... -episode-6

Postby DarkKing » Sun May 19, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm glad to see Aku and Chi have a good father-daughter relationship unlike Mimi and HIM. I'll never get used to seeing Aku in his female form, it's so weird to me o.O.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby fuxstag » Sun May 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Aku is awesome :D

Postby Nina333 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm

The last part was sort of creepy when Aku became his female form. He's a mom and a dad to Chi. He's nice to cheer up Chi when she's upset and missing her friend. Now, will Aku approach Him in his female form while Him is in the hot springs drinking sake? That could lead to all sorts of interesting scenarios.

Postby CinCire » Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for the video, Blood.

Aku seems like a very kind father. What an opposite to Him.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm

A though has occurred to me earlier and I wanted to share it. It deals with the possibility of Blossom being the mother. I believe it has been confirmed to us a few times from indirect sources, but I can't seem to figure out how and still have the pieces fit. If Blossom was in a relationship with Aku and produced Chi, how did she end up in a situation where she had to make a deal with Him? A current idea that I am utterly fascinated with is that Blossom did it to save Aku's life and also had to leave her life in the Underworld. So she went back to the world she once knew.

Interesting, and still one that I like. you could pull it off and still have a good relationship between Aku and Him. Although I am suspicious about just how that still works or if Aku just acts civilly so his daughter would have a normal relationship with her half-sister. That part still bugs me.

So I kept thinking about how Nergal Jr and Mandy made it work to have Minnie. Then that led me to consider Aku's origin.

I do wonder though what his genetic make up is when you consider how he was created. According to the Samurai Jack series, he was a fraction of a great formless evil that the three deities (Odin, Ra, and Vishnu) destroyed. His fragment landed on Earth, and in an attempt to destroy him, the the Samurai Lord shot a magic arrow into the cursed lake that his fragment was in. This kind backfired and the mixture gave the substance humanoid form, sentience, and the ability to shape shift, thus giving creation to the demon wizard, Aku.

This possibly gives more of a understanding to an asexual reproduction for the creation of Chi. I doth wonder along this track then if Blossom (either before or after) was used as a sort of "mental/spiritual" template in order for Chi to be created. Aku used copied information from Blossom, merged it with a fragment of himself to give it life, and created Chi.

Another idea is that a little darker, and one that I support is that Chi is Blossom. After her demise at the hands of Him and Mimi, Aku used the soul or remains of the soul of Blossom, and forged them into a his daughter in a similar matter above. Blossom's soul could have been a gift to Aku from Him as a means of friendship. Thus they have a good relation, a relationship between Aku and Blossom could have existed with all of this going on, and would explain Chi's attraction to Mimi. Another not is that this could also explain BR's cryptic message of "Aku/Bloosom girl".

Both ideas seem to cover the evidence we have thus far.

Postby Enkidu6 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:45 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Enkidu6 wrote:I want my laser eye beams and I want 'em now!

Another new guy! This is great! Welcome again! May I ask how long you've been reading the comic?

Hi, it's been nearly 3 weeks now. I love Bleeman's work since there's a lot of pretty characters, eventually I'll read his others.

Postby Biocolor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Yamitora1 wrote:lol I couldn't keep a straight face, I laughed so hard at this. Unfortunately creepy thoughts entered my mind. I fear what would happen if Aku and HIM drank enough Saki in the hot tub while Aku was Ikra

:'( Thethought won't leave my defenseless little mind!

I give this weeks comic a 5/5 despite the psychosomatic scaring it caused me. o.O

Agh u had to post that. And how did u get colors in there
Last edited by Biocolor on Sun May 19, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sigment » Sun May 19, 2013 11:18 pm

We still don't know if Him actually wants Aku's help with the Mimi issue.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Biocolor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:34 pm

stratus wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Babbleburg wrote:

ill say it for everyone, female Aku is Sexy no point in trying to avoid it. he pulled a rule 63, naruto does it all the time.

Really Stratus.

Postby konata50 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 am

i always thought having a daughter could make a evil overlord show love now this makes Aku even more awesome made his little princess brake out in laughter i wish i had powers to shapeshift :3 "he seems to like doing it a lot"
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby silvercover » Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 am

haha nice one. expected aku to be a good dad, but not to be this funny. nor did I expect him to also fulfill the mother role.

Postby GreenGestalt » Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 am

Wow! AKU as Ikra... (?Igra?)
Please do more of her!

And that was the episode that turned me from "I ain't watching this stupid show" to "I gotta get EVERY DVD boxed set!"

And I really wasn't thinking of that option. I thought Aku just screwed a mistress and I was wondering what female it was, (Likely Blossom, perhaps Raven, dissapointment one of the sluts from Total Drama island) but had no idea it might be Aku... But then who's the father? Jack, by any chance? That, in a way, could be how Aku is still alive, Jack is still alive. He becomes Ikra or other and seduces Jack, then if Jack kills him he kills the mother of his child. Aku retires, he's like how many billion years old and withdraws while Jack accepts he is now so tied to the future he can't go "Back to the past".

Postby StormPunk » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 am

silvercover wrote:haha nice one. expected aku to be a good dad, but not to be this funny. nor did I expect him to also fulfill the mother role.

considering wut happened in "Aku's Fairy Tales" I dont think he was up for a repeat performance.

(not w/out practice & lessons 1st) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mP_Cd-TJY

Postby Megadon » Mon May 20, 2013 11:46 am

Personally i don't see anything with Aku pulling a rule63. Plus for those who remember his female voice from the episode you know it helps to make people forget he's demonic shape shifting lord of darkness. Like i said before in darkness there is light and in light there is darkness. And in Aku is the heart of both a mother and a father.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Mon May 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Megadon wrote: in darkness there is light and in light there is darkness. And in Aku is the heart of both a mother and a father.

That's Deep (bro (it tends to be followed by "bro"... (but i'm just not that mainstream)))
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Biocolor » Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Megadon wrote: in darkness there is light and in light there is darkness. And in Aku is the heart of both a mother and a father.

That's Deep (bro (it tends to be followed by "bro"... (but i'm just not that mainstream)))

What's with all the parentheses

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!