Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 pm

No arguing there.

How happy and satisfied would you say the One Piece fandom is Arch?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 19, 2013 3:00 am

I don't follow one piece, but frequenting the shounen manga thread over in Snafu a lot, they do seem much happier than the naruto or bleach one generally.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:36 am

Archrival wrote:This why I like One Piece....

I like one piece too. My only problem is that it has a repetitive plot cycle. Just stronger villain every time.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 1:28 pm

*eyeballs the page number*

Yes, soon, SOON.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:34 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I like one piece too. My only problem is that it has a repetitive plot cycle. Just stronger villain every time.

They found a working formula.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote:*eyeballs the page number*

Yes, soon, SOON.

This thread doesn't move as fast as it used to. The posts from 50 pages back are a year old, so that's about what we can expect. Unless you're not talking about hitting the thread cap.

Postby Archrival » Sun May 19, 2013 6:59 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:I like one piece too. My only problem is that it has a repetitive plot cycle. Just stronger villain every time.

They found a working formula.

They have but it's strong villains with different motives, especially the current arc going on as that shit is bringing some very interesting characters in.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Vegedus wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:*eyeballs the page number*

Yes, soon, SOON.

This thread doesn't move as fast as it used to. The posts from 50 pages back are a year old, so that's about what we can expect. Unless you're not talking about hitting the thread cap.

I'm talking about hitting the thread cap. I expect it to be hit within a year, and then I can unfold my devious master plan.

Plus, I just like to use my mod powers. Its like having a special gun in a video game that you like, but can only use it every once and a while, so its special. Like assassinations in Halo 4.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm

What happens when this thread reaches 1000 pages...?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Tuor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm

We lock it and someone makes a new one. Threads longer that a thousand pages start to mess up the database.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Sun May 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Oh I see... huh.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:19 pm

That's why there have been so many Talk Threads.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Sun May 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Kinda noticed that how every forum has a talk thread (excluding Digital Purgatory). Speakin' of DP, that forum's been pretty dead for a while. Last post was on May 10, and before that in the middle of April. Wonder what's the future of DP...

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Not much
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am

Weapons testing
Tuor wrote:Not much

yup.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Vegedus » Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 am

I don't know why we bother keeping DP and Everafter open. The only reason EA is active is because it has yet another talk thread, it doesn't actually need a subforum to itself.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Eh...I'm nostalgic.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Can't really terminate them. I suspect it would cause all sorts of messes with the database. Don't worry about them though, for now they act like those books that you have on a bookshelf that you don't really use, they just sit there and make things look nice and full.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 21, 2013 5:44 am

It would be nice to see some new comics someday. What are the odds of that happening in the next two years?

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Rival » Tue May 21, 2013 7:30 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Eh...I'm nostalgic.

I don't know if I'd call it nostalgia or loyality, but I imagine you have similar feelings towards the Everafter section, as I have towards Snafu General. I would be pretty disappointed to see it merged with some other section. Not to say, me looking at it unfavorably should matter to anyone in the decision making circle, afterall I'm just a single member, just that it'd be sad.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 21, 2013 12:33 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:It would be nice to see some new comics someday. What are the odds of that happening in the next two years?

Significantly less than wining the lottery, being strict by lightening, and finding out you are adopted in that order on the same day.

It's not Dave's focus, Shark Robot is. It's been a while since the we have discussed the plans for the forum, so I can't really say more without speculation, just that there will be newer ones at some point in time.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Asmodai » Tue May 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Oh good lord, I've completely fallen in love with Space Battleship 2199... I thought it was going to be a goofy anime a la Gurren Lagann... With its rather strange design and the happy opening theme... Boy was I wrong in the most glorious way. I havent seen such amazing looking space battles since the first Star Wars was released~
I'm happy to watch an anime where weapons arent powered by whoever yells the hardest, or where the hero for some reason always takes a massive beating first only to come up victorious later. This is hard sci-fi and proper military tactics.

Not to mention that aside from the goofy - but extremely catchy - opening, the other soundtracks are just gorgeous!

Unf
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeeeeeeah, okay, I'm gonna have to watch that now just to disprove your claim that it's hard sci-fi. Harder, sure. Hard? Hardly.
Last edited by Vegedus on Tue May 21, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Dat Santa beard
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Vegedus wrote:Yeeeeeeah, okay, I'm gonna have to watch that now just to disprove your claim that it's hard sci-fi. Harder, sure. Hard? Hardly.

You'll be surprised. At least, I was.
Mephobiac

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing