Enter the Great Aku

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Enter the Great Aku

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri May 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Blood Lord wrote:To counter that idea though, once the understanding is made that Chi just wants Mimi back, who is to say that Minnie won't switch sides? She doesn't like Mimi and anything that would seek to take Mimi away from Jr would be a blessing in her eyes.

Yea but who's to say Chi won't try and kill Jr for keeping Mimi at Castle Greyskull and that Chi would even recognize Mimi without her symbiont?
Blood Lord wrote:I'm not expecting Chi to have any sort of combat training since there is no need to use it. It's like being blind and learning how to paint. What I am expecting is that she is more of a "magic-caster-role" since her father rolled like that usually as well and relied on other people and armies to do the "front-line" work.

Well from what I can tell it seems that Chi has taken lessons from Aku and possibly Demongo
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby PPG_Bubbles » Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Where is Mimi?

Postby silvercover » Fri May 17, 2013 7:48 pm

PPG_Bubbles wrote:Where is Mimi?

:unsure:

she's at grim's castle captured by mandy. did you forget about it?

Postby CallMeD. » Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 pm

now I wonder if aku will put a harsh punishment/lecture to chi, or it will actually be "light" since he really dotes on her so much.

Aku ways of handling things have always been straightforward & too the point. Given that we have yet to observe his father/daughter relationship with Chi; we have mostly speculated that Aku is more of a doting parent that spoils & humors his child, rather than a strict & observant one. Remembering the 2nd episode of the 1st season of Samurai Jack, he doesn't hesitate to reveal the truth of his robbing the Aquians of there homeworld's water & resources, thus causing their misery. So when the young Aquian protested him, Aku transported him to the "Pit of Hate" to learn proper respect, rather than turning him to dust on the spot (his idea of mercy). As for what way he choses to discipline his daughter, I imagine she could be facing a rather long grounding without privileges, like seeing Mimi (possibly lasting several years, seeing as they are immortal beings & all). It would be a fitting punishment that would only make her more rebelious in the end, seeing as her obsession for Mimi could drive her to do most anything. Even going so far as to aim a gun at HIM's face point blank.

I'm not expecting Chi to have any sort of combat training since there is no need to use it. It's like being blind and learning how to paint. What I am expecting is that she is more of a "magic-caster-role" since her father rolled like that usually as well and relied on other people and armies to do the "front-line" work.

I'm inclined to agree with you on that point, seeing as we have yet to see anything from Chi in the form of real power or abilities. So, it's safe to asume that the use of magic, or the commanding of soldiers under her or her father are more likely at this point. But should she possess her father's shapeshifting powers, Chi could change into a larger & more formidible form, as Aku did in his fights with Jack; making her capable of physical combat regardless of prior training. Her agressive nature paired with this ability would make for a decent match against Jr.'s Nergal/Reaper powers to some extent. For now, we can only wait & see what she's capable of.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 pm

silvercover wrote:

One does not simply, forget an important plot point. Nor forgett to read the older pages of this comic.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sat May 18, 2013 9:44 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:
silvercover wrote:

One does not simply, forget an important plot point. Nor forgett to read the older pages of this comic.

Maybe the Silence are involved? we wouldn't know if they were, would we Mad Doctor.

More on topic, i think Chi has skill but has never used it in real combat. So Chi has the potential to kick your ass, but has no real life experience on how to do it.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 18, 2013 1:12 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:I'm not expecting Chi to have any sort of combat training since there is no need to use it. It's like being blind and learning how to paint. What I am expecting is that she is more of a "magic-caster-role" since her father rolled like that usually as well and relied on other people and armies to do the "front-line" work.

Well from what I can tell it seems that Chi has taken lessons from Aku and possibly Demongo

Like what? the ability to shoot off someone's hat with a pistol from 15 feet? Not that special.

We don't know anything about her combative capabilities. The assumptions now just roll that she has a proficiency in firearms use. Association with her father probably means she has a high magic skill.

And Demongo doesn't appear to be in a position to teach.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Sat May 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Blood Lord wrote:And Demongo doesn't appear to be in a position to teach.

Well, not as a hands-on teacher, obviously. But he can (to a degree) teach her some basic principles of combat.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby stratus » Sat May 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:

Like what? the ability to shoot off someone's hat with a pistol from 15 feet? Not that special.

We don't know anything about her combative capabilities. The assumptions now just roll that she has a proficiency in firearms use. Association with her father probably means she has a high magic skill

Aku's array of powers are surely on the table but we should also factor in her mother , Chi is 1/2 power puff so the potential is open for her to have any variety of chemical X related abilities. speed, flight, strength, hyper senses, ice breath, near Indestructibility, energy blasts, maybe also blossoms keen intelect. making her potentially fatal close and long range fighter. then again inheritance is sort of like rolling dice so it could range from anywhere between having all of her parents powers to having none of them. (ex. wheelchair Mimi)

Chi probably never had to fight a day in her life but its not uncommon for royalty to have their heirs well rounded and trained in etiquette, fine arts, combat, tactician/strategy, leadership, academics, politics. Minnie's upbringing for example fits this pretty well to some extent. Assuming Aku intends for Chi to eventually inherit and run his empire one day, he would have had to have given her some form of training along those lines. even HIM's brutal and sadistic parenting could be broken down as just HIM's way of basically molding Mimi in his Image and training "Her" to follow in his Devil footsteps.

Postby PaytonWest » Sat May 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Chi probably never had to fight a day in her life but its not uncommon for royalty to have their heirs well rounded and trained in etiquette, fine arts, combat, tactician/strategy, leadership, academics, politics. Minnie's upbringing for example fits this pretty well to some extent. Assuming Aku intends for Chi to eventually inherit and run his empire one day, he would have had to have given her some form of training along those lines. even HIM's brutal and sadistic parenting could be broken down as just HIM's way of basically molding Mimi in his Image and training "Her" to follow in his Devil footsteps.

I agree with this, I can not see why Aku or any of the royals wouldn't have their children trained in every way possible. You never know when a war will break out, and by having your children ready for battle, helps you out quite a bit. By not having them ready, it can weaken your forces because you may need to have someone guarding them.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 1:41 am

stratus wrote:Chi probably never had to fight a day in her life but its not uncommon for royalty to have their heirs well rounded and trained in etiquette, fine arts, combat, tactician/strategy, leadership, academics, politics.

Blood Lord wrote:I am expecting is that she is more of a "magic-caster-role"

Did I EVER dismiss the idea that she wasn't trained? FUCK NO. I stated that she wasn't a melee combat sort of character. She would be more inclined to be in the role of of a magic caster considering who her father is. I WASN'T RULING OUT THE POSSIBLITY OF COMBAT TRAINGING, I WAS IDENTIFIYING HER CLASS.

This place is worst than the Senate floor of the US or a press conference when ever little god damn fucking word you say is misinterpreted here.

stratus wrote:Aku's array of powers are surely on the table but we should also factor in her mother , Chi is 1/2 power puff so the potential is open for her to have any variety of chemical X related abilities. speed, flight, strength, hyper senses, ice breath, near Indestructibility, energy blasts, maybe also blossoms keen intelect.

We both know that doesn't mean shit in this comic. We've seen that Mimi, who is a comic-confirmed daughter of Blossom that none of the puff skills transmitted to her, but that she was gifted with a different set entirely. It's going to be different with a daughter of Aku though in a similar manner of the differences between Minnie and Jr (before Halloween town)

stratus wrote: Minnie's upbringing for example fits this pretty well to some extent.

No it doesn't.

Minnie doesn't stand in line to inherit anything. The Kingdom is going to Jr next because he is the oldest. Minnie's role is to be the body guard for Jr. Let me defeat you on another point. Jr has had no combat training either. He focuses on instincts with a scythe, and relies on the knowledge with the Nergal Demon to provide any combat capabilities from that department.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!