Did someone say...FRANIME?

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Did someone say...FRANIME?

Postby Warbear » Thu May 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
Veteran of the Bear Wars

Re: Did someone say...FRANIME?

Postby Q.U. » Thu May 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Already watched it all. Was good stuff. I even learnt some French.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Warbear » Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 pm

I've gotta say, this has all other anime villains beat.
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
Veteran of the Bear Wars

Postby Q.U. » Thu May 02, 2013 3:00 pm

I find myself really liking the way they speak. I had a wordgasm every time they said Grougaloragran. Or Rubilax.

As for the villains, hmm. I mean, Nox is an awesome villain because of the mad genius vibe. But both him and    Qilby    were a little bit stereotypical. Though the twist with    Qilby being a villain    was still a surprise. I liked Remington a lot too.

Most importantly, it was a good mix of comedy, action, adventure, and drama that sold it. Most Japanese anime tend to focus only on one or two of these at all times.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Rival » Thu May 02, 2013 3:11 pm

I was really into Wakfu around 2010-2011.

Great/fun series. Asmo's a fan, too.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Tuor » Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Ya, I remember Asmo being obsessed with this
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 4:33 pm

oh hey an easy place to watch this show I've been seeing all kinds of shit about. I guess I will check it out.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Thank God I though this thread was about My Life Me (YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HORRIBLE THAT FRENCH "ANIME" IS.)

But yeah, Wakfu's great, was wondering where I could find some episodes.

My favorite part was when they were doing it in bed.
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby Vegedus » Thu May 02, 2013 4:57 pm

I vaguely recall having heard of this before perhaps maybe. That, or:
Tuor wrote:Ya, I remember Asmo being obsessed with this

HIS VERY BEING IS A CONSTANT REMINDER OF THIS SHOWS EXISTENCE
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:Thank God I though this thread was about My Life Me (YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HORRIBLE THAT FRENCH "ANIME" IS.)

But yeah, Wakfu's great, was wondering where I could find some episodes.

My favorite part was when they were doing it in bed.

this is relevant to my interests
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Asmodai » Fri May 03, 2013 3:53 am

WAKFU

WAKFU

WAAAAAAKFUUUUU

Fuck I love this show so much.

http://brotherhoodoftofuv2.tumblr.com/

For all sorts of download links. The new Dofus show is pretty interesting as well, though its no Wakfu. I wish they'd make season 3 already :(
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 05, 2013 12:31 am

For a sec I thought this was going to talk about that "Ladybug Magical Girl" show that's been in productions for a while.

I think she was a ladybug magical girl at least... Maybe she was a bee and her love interest was the lady bug? Hmmmm... I don't know the name of it, but I know it's going to be French and the animation is nice.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Rival » Sun May 05, 2013 3:36 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:For a sec I thought this was going to talk about that "Ladybug Magical Girl" show that's been in productions for a while.

I think she was a ladybug magical girl at least... Maybe she was a bee and her love interest was the lady bug? Hmmmm... I don't know the name of it, but I know it's going to be French and the animation is nice.

You mean this:

It's a co-production between Zagtoon (French) and Toei (Japanese) so it's both French and Japanese. Like Mysterious Cities of Gold was in the 80's.

Toei shows often have nice previews and then horrible budgets for the shows themselves, but then again Ladybug might be an exception, since it's a co-production and kind of a high profile project for Toei.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 10, 2013 9:34 pm

show is good but i gotta say the best parts involve them going on time-wasting nonsense.

the main quest is like. tacked on with its importance. makes the kids feel important and shit.

the real good shit is the pointless, like relationships and beat 'em ups. i suspect tristepan and eva are the de facto favorites for this reason.

the dragon pig dungeon crawl was the best fuckin' thing. seriously. i called it as everyone yelled at him and noticed him not respond hilariously. like, before the first word was out of his mouth i was all "aw nigga they una get piggled" and it happened and i pumped my fist a lil. piggle swooning over muscles is tres bien in my book.

the wabbit episode was also good due to the dedication of the subtitle team. hot damn. dungeon crawls rock. :O

though i like eva's sister a lot simply because her first response is not world-weary "oh boys" unless plot dictates she side with the winners, because despite the refreshing spoiled NATURE princess and competent-in-an-adult-fashion elf (except when dealing with relationships, then it's all anime down hill from there), rolling their eyes gets old.

i notice my current favorite episodes of Adventure Time are also dungeon crawls. man. finn really is right about this shit. dungeons, man.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 11, 2013 6:56 am

The story for the second season feels even less, to the point where its painfully obvious whats going to happen. Plus, it didn't have Nox in it and Nox is the best fucking villain ever.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Icha » Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Three seconds?!
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 am

Icha wrote:Three seconds?!

Qu'est-ce.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!