New Grim Tales Comic: "Wanna go? Let's go!"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue May 14, 2013 8:16 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Xi-1 wrote:The traitor is Cheese (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) he accidentally pushed the button that lowered the base's shields. HIM took complete advantage of the laps and killed everybody. Now he's in the base. Or he would be, if he hadn't destroyed it.

This is possible, since it's how they lost Heroes Hollow in FusionFall. Dexter really hates Cheese

This makes sense somehow. He seems to be the only living thing on the planet that can be dumber than Billy. Except for Caboose. He kills his team mates by "helping" them.

Top three dumbest lifeforms in existence.
    1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy

Can't disagree with your choice. Yeah nobody wants Caboose anywhere near them when working, although he is a bad#ss when he is angry. So glad he is too happy all the time, but he is surprisingly good with AI tech. I am pretty sure all three can kill Him in under 3 minutes. I know Caboose can, Billy will probably make Him commit suicide, and cheese....well he's Cheese he will cause anything and everything bad to happen if it has a button. Three dumbest people ever born, and no one can stop them.

Forgot about this: short-cut for Caboose's team kills lol :'( ctrl+F+U :'( lol
Last edited by Dr. Mandalor on Wed May 15, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby silvercover » Tue May 14, 2013 9:53 pm

I also think him didnt destroy megaville by himself. I mean really, the PPG themselves beaten him before, he's up against hundreds of other heroes in this scenario.
im thinking he either just made a way to prevent the heroes from being able to rely on mimi's abilities, or someone else started the war and him just used it for his advantage.
Romance Expert

Postby Sigmas » Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Xi-1 wrote:The traitor is Cheese (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) he accidentally pushed the button that lowered the base's shields. HIM took complete advantage of the laps and killed everybody. Now he's in the base. Or he would be, if he hadn't destroyed it.

This is possible, since it's how they lost Heroes Hollow in FusionFall. Dexter really hates Cheese

This makes sense somehow. He seems to be the only living thing on the planet that can be dumber than Billy. Except for Caboose. He kills his team mates by "helping" them.

1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy

:tongue: I liiiiiiiiike this list...
I like choc-o-late milk...
Of all firearms, though... Why a flintlock? Unless it fires magical rounds and not traditional bullets, it seems like a bad idea...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh no! We got ourselves a gun expert here.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Tue May 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Image
Oh no! We got ourselves a gun expert here.

:| Sarcasm noted...
I just know a guy who is into firearms.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm

I think the pistol is to just make a statement. It's not something you would take into combat, or rely too much on. You can see that from its design. She is a pretty good shot though, so she has some skill as a marksman. I would almost dare to place her close to Mandy due to the pistol she is using. Those types of firearms are pretty inaccurate unless the barrel was rifled, which I seriously doubt with a barrel length like that, which only adds to the inaccuracy rating.

I do know firearms. I was poking fun at you.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am

Blood Lord wrote:I think the pistol is to just make a statement. It's not something you would take into combat, or rely too much on. You can see that from its design. She is a pretty good shot though, so she has some skill as a marksman. I would almost dare to place her close to Mandy due to the pistol she is using. Those types of firearms are pretty inaccurate unless the barrel was rifled, which I seriously doubt with a barrel length like that, which only adds to the inaccuracy rating.

I do know firearms. I was poking fun at you.

You think she might have an entire armory in her dimensional pocket. Chi pulling out sniper rifles, turrets, bazookas, SMGs, and a really BIG revolver.
By the way, i have no idea if she has a dimensional pocket or not. I haven't seen the entire Samurai Jack series, so i don't know what Aku's full range of powers include. I did see him go into a martial arts fight with Jack, the ending was unbelievably funny. Still it would be awesome if we had a more active gun-nut in the story. :gun:
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby Megadon » Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 am

I'm about to clear up a lot of things:

1] HIM's claw can't be restored only replace, that's why he sent Mimi after Horrors Hand.
2] The claws themselves are made by the infusion of evil in a devil spawns body. That is why Mimi's claws disappear and reappear when she changes between human and devil.
3] Jr.'s hand was restored because he is half demon/divine being (death). Divine beings are unaffected by the abilities of Redeemers and their weapons.
4] The traitor debate is still an unknown section, but because of the afterbirth comic some believe the traitor was Drax(Dexter).
5]There is a Satan and a Hell, but Grims Tales takes place in the Underworld; a world between The Living and The Dead, "almost like pergatory," and divided into multiple realms. HIM's realm [The Realm of Tainted Souls] and territory is the closet to Hell. However beings from Heaven and Hell can cross into the Underworld and vis versa.
6]As for Chi's mother its is unsure whether it is blossom or not but if so she will have both her mothers powers and aku's shape-shifting powers.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Wed May 15, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The merging is complete...
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Drago2552 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy

Can't disagree with your choice. Yeah nobody wants Caboose anywhere near them when working, although he is a bad#ss when he is angry. So glad he is too happy all the time, but he is surprisingly good with AI tech. I am pretty sure all three can kill Him in under 3 minutes. I know Caboose can, Billy will probably make Him commit suicide, and cheese....well he's Cheese he will cause anything and everything bad to happen if it has a button. Three dumbest people ever born, and no one can stop them.

I agree with you on what you said. Caboose is to much of a bad#ss just give him a gun and say "Help Him" then let everything take care of themselves.
This is alittle off topic but I have an idea of what the other 2 hells are.
Trigons world (aka Raven's dad)
The World That Never Was (runned by Xehanort)
I think it would be cool to have these realms of hell. WE MUST HAVE THE KEYBLADE WAR.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Megadon wrote:I'm about to clear up a lot of things:

1] HIM's claw can't be restored only replace, that's why he sent Mimi after Horrors Hand.
2] The claws themselves are made by the infusion of evil in a devil spawns body. That is why Mimi's claws disappear and reappear when she changes between human and devil.
3] Jr.'s hand was restored because he is half demon/divine being (death). Divine beings are unaffected by the abilities of Redeemers and their weapons.

Im'a just gonna dismiss these as assumptions/opinions... Even though a good bit of it is sensible

Like most things in the forum ( opinion )
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Drago2552 wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy

I agree with you on what you said. Caboose is to much of a bad#ss just give him a gun and say "Help Him" then let everything take care of themselves.
I think it would be cool to have these realms of hell. WE MUST HAVE THE KEYBLADE WAR.

Trigon is a interdimentionial demon and has no realm within the Underworld and as for The World That Never Was, that's pretty much self explanatory it doesn't exist inside the Underworld realms therefore it is not a realm
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy

Trigon is a interdimentionial demon and has no realm within the Underworld and as for The World That Never Was, that's pretty much self explanatory it doesn't exist inside the Underworld realms therefore it is not a realm

I'm confused now. Isn't Aku's city just a city in the future that he conqured? Not a realm of the underworld, yet here it is in Grim Tales labeled as a realm of the underworld.
Not Space Jesus

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 15, 2013 4:40 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy

I'm confused now. Isn't Aku's city just a city in the future that he conqured? Not a realm of the underworld, yet here it is in Grim Tales labeled as a realm of the underworld.

true but my theory is that during Aku's banishment from the series he was able to create a city in that period of time and that when the eclipse happened in the beginning of the series released him he decided to try his hand at world dominated and eventually failed.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:I agree with you on what you said. Caboose is to much of a bad#ss just give him a gun and say "Help Him" then let everything take care of themselves.

I have no idea what you guys are saying what so ever. I wouldn't be surprised if Trigon showed up with Raven next to him. I mean if she died her soul would probably go to Trigon before anywhere else. As for the other two realms, well i would prefer a realm for Bounty Hunters full of bars, women, drinks, and bikes/flaming mounts. The other one could be a safe house for angels in the underworld. Just an idea.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:I agree with you on what you said. Caboose is to much of a bad#ss just give him a gun and say "Help Him" then let everything take care of themselves.

I have no idea what you guys are saying what so ever. I wouldn't be surprised if Trigon showed up with Raven next to him. I mean if she died her soul would probably go to Trigon before anywhere else. As for the other two realms, well i would prefer a realm for Bounty Hunters full of bars, women, drinks, and bikes/flaming mounts. The other one could be a safe house for angels in the underworld. Just an idea.

:brickwall: i just thought of something... realm of the ghost rider (or at least where his power come from)

Postby Biocolor » Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:

:brickwall: i just thought of something... realm of the ghost rider (or at least where his power come from)

I think his powers come directly from hell itself

EDIT: Also how will Aku ack knowing Chi shot Him's hat off

Postby Eggnog » Wed May 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Bio, don't double post. Want to include something? Just edit your post. That way you don't need to post twice.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Right thanks

Postby stratus » Wed May 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:is that a confirmed ability of the Angel/anti-spawn or is it more of a theory?

Redeemer, and its a fact of fiction. You'd be hard pressed to find anything in fiction when Holy/righteous power doesn't inflect more damage upon unholy/demonic things and vise versa.

well i guess the extra damage effect explains itself. but if it were just about taking bonus damage (x2, x5 x10..etc) from a super effective weapon, i don't think damage alone (even severe damage) would be something that HIM couldn't fix, I'd still say HIM's character is portrayed as someone who is intended to be "The Devil" and quite practically a "Miracle Maker" and has demonstrated feats of Resurrection, transforming matter, moving stars (the sun) , granting wishes/Heart desires, freely modifying himself or forcibly shape shifting an opponent, and summoning virtually an object. Something simple as fixing an appendage(claw) should still be quite well within his power.

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:hes the 1 who gave mimi her claws after all. so he must at least know how to make them or where to get them from.

You're grammar is hideous and offends me. Get off the damn phone and find a computer. I know you well enough that you can type in near perfect grammar.

Mimi's claws attach via a symbiotic relationship, while Him's claws are natural. Just because she can have them like this, and humorous glue them back on, doesn't mean that Him can.

I can express meaningful ideas and concepts fairly decently but I'm pretty much the polar opposite to anyone who is able to spot grammatical errors a mile away, unless i really stop and try to actively search for them i could otherwise just easily end up going through a complete text subconsciously estimating the writers intent (including mine) and just mentally filling the blanks as needed. No intent at causing offense to the grammatically acute. Your token of good faith is appreciated though.

as for the claws while HIMs claws are indeed natural he has demonstrated they are also removable, its a simple trick for him to have them detach and make them levitate and control them mentally.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=111
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=112
mimi's version
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=150

YesterdaysLingo wrote: One thing that I noticed right off the bat between the two instances is the coloration of Redeemer's cutlass (idc what kind of blade its, I just assume it's a cutlass) which in all honesty I doubt has anything to do with the situations. Merely that it is just the art style shift/coloration. (idk, I hope you get my point)
The main evidence that I found between the event of Jr. having his hand cut off and having it restored (no, i am not including the possibility of Jr.'s nergal powers providing a means of regeneration) and HIM's hand(claw) being cut off and it not being reattached/restored is the will of Redeemer in his actions.

maybe "blue mode" might be the swords response to the targets sin level, that or the redeemer chooses the setting/power level.
in jr.s case it was yellow
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=63
but in the other 2 cases its definetlly blue
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=113
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=95

i guess there could be some "Holy Repel" effect imbued at the injury site that rejects the evil claw from connecting back on.

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:im having a hard time believing that HIM, who is basically the true GT version of the traditional satan and ruler of the traditional "fire hell"

Incorrect. There is a ruler of Hell known as Satan in this story. Him is only a Underworld Lord.

its just that no one in GT other than HIM seems to fulfill the role of the classic devil, corrupting humanity, leading mortals a stray, tempting mankind into sin and wickedness, making contracts (deals with the devil), preying on insecurities, taking advantage of people in their most desperate hours, tainting souls, gaining strength from the sins and negativity of humans. His hell seems to be the one where the sinners go. no other domain seems to have any emphasis on Sins. The red distorted faces screaming in his domains sky may in fact be human souls, his domain is the only 1 to ever be referred to as "fire hell" and it does seem resemble the "classic hell" of fire and brimstone.
I'm willing to speculate that HIM usurped "fire hell" from Lucifer and caused him to become some goofy imp with no memories. that or the GT Lucifer has some absurd level of power he just hasn't been using and actually has a serious mode or fulfills a grand purpose that we haven seen yet. in any case HIM seems to be handling all the traditional Devil work for now.
Last edited by stratus on Wed May 15, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

*descends in a cloud of glory and removes double posts made, and then reascends into the heavens*
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Well... that just happened.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed May 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Randori wrote:Well... that just happened.

very much so
Flerp flerps

Postby Drago2552 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Randori wrote:Well... that just happened.

very much so

Agreed
I still want The World That Never Was to be a realm of hell, we need some disney in this comic.

Postby Cerulean » Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 pm

stratus wrote:
as for the claws while HIMs claws are indeed natural he has demonstrated they are also removable, its a simple trick for him to have them detach and make them levitate and control them mentally.
mimi's version

Isn't that just the effect you get in comics where the hand is moving so fast that the arm disappears (I'm referring to the bottom two links)? As for the first link, I thought that that was just Him reaching out out to grab Minnie (I think the arm was left off because it would have looked weird for the general look of that top panel).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed May 15, 2013 11:52 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:
stratus wrote:
mimi's version

Isn't that just the effect you get in comics where the hand is moving so fast that the arm disappears (I'm referring to the bottom two links)? As for the first link, I thought that that was just Him reaching out out to grab Minnie (I think the arm was left off because it would have looked weird for the general look of that top panel).

This is true
Flerp flerps

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!