The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 am

He wants to focus more on med-school.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed May 08, 2013 1:32 am

Oh, okay. So he won't be back for awhile then, right?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed May 08, 2013 1:37 am

Bingo bango bongo
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Havoc » Wed May 08, 2013 2:01 am

Also, lately I've been noticing someone by the name Crosis on this site, and the fact he has a "former mod" profile, baffles me slightly. I thought profiles like that couldn't be used anymore.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 am

"Dearly Departed Mods" are just mods that disappeared for a long time, and so, lost their powers, but we wanted to still honour them for their work.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am

Tuor wrote:"Dearly Departed Mods" are just mods that disappeared for a long time, and so, lost their powers, but we wanted to still honour them for their work.
Can they just *poof* back into full time mods if they want, or do they have to go through the motions again?

Also on a side note: I knew about the De-Soth thing for a while now but Beeare told me not to spread it around because he hates Gossip. I understand, Gossip almost never helps anything ever. (Especially here)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Wed May 08, 2013 2:12 am

I see, so they can still post and stuff, but they can't do "mod-y things", right?
So does an administrator manually change their profile to "Dearly Departed", or does it change on it's own after awhile?
Also I notice Mir@k use to be a mod.

Birdofterror wrote:Also on a side note: I knew about the De-Soth thing for a while now but Beeare told me not to spread it around because he hates Gossip. I understand, Gossip almost never helps anything ever. (Especially here)

I agree with you on the gossip thing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed May 08, 2013 2:14 am

Birdofterror wrote:Can they just *poof* back into full time mods if they want, or do they have to go through the motions again?
If they want their powers back they'll be given back to them.

@ Havoc, that's right. They're effectively normal members.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Havoc » Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am

I know I said I wouldn't gossip, but I just have to ask. Why did Mir@k abandon his mod profile?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 am

Havoc751 wrote:I know I said I wouldn't gossip, but I just have to ask. Why did Mir@k abandon his mod profile?
ASDASDASDASDASFASFASD

I was going to bring up the fact that you both agreed that Gossip was bad then brought up Mir@k, but now you are just poking it with a stick. Let me give you the skinny.

He was once a mod.

Dave removed his modship.

There.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 am

Ah okay. I'm too tired to worry about any of this anyways.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Wed May 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Back in 2010, when he was still a mod, he gave some awards to both good and bad users, quite a fun thread.

Here's the thread.

Too bad he only did it once.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Eggnog » Wed May 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Haha that was pretty funny. Good ol' Mir.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Wed May 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Mir-mod was best mod except when he wasn't. He'll be dearly missed as we take turns reminiscing about the glory days of his rule as we piss on the soil of his grave.

So anyway everyone here got to see iron man 3 already? My girlfriend didn't like it and i had to admit some points she made about it were spot on, but most of it i can forgive because i relax because it's a movie.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Even if it's just "a movie", if I find it unenjoyable, I can't relax. Like Prometheus, the amount of stupidity in the characters was baffling.

The plot on Iron Man 3 was terribly weak, and most of the humor was forced.    There's even one scene where Killian has Rhodes surrounded, leaves, and in the next scene Rhodes is helping Tony Stark. Why?   
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Teran wrote:Even if it's just "a movie", if I find it unenjoyable, I can't relax. Like Prometheus, the amount of stupidity in the characters was baffling.

The plot on Iron Man 3 was terribly weak, and most of the humor was forced.    There's even one scene where Killian has Rhodes surrounded, leaves, and in the next scene Rhodes is helping Tony Stark. Why?   

One one note, I don't think the plot was that weak. It was certainly better than Iron man 2's plot and I liked how it refers to Avengers through a post traumatic stress disorder. It's very unique to me.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Teran » Wed May 08, 2013 6:53 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Teran wrote:Even if it's just "a movie", if I find it unenjoyable, I can't relax. Like Prometheus, the amount of stupidity in the characters was baffling.

One one note, I don't think the plot was that weak. It was certainly better than Iron man 2's plot and I liked how it refers to Avengers through a post traumatic stress disorder. It's very unique to me.

In my opinion, it had more potential than Iron Man 2, because there were plenty of interesting plot devices in the film, not to mention the villain looked threatening enough. Also, I found Ty Simpkins' (Harley, the little kid) performance pretty good, he really did a good job with the material given to him, but then you think "wait, Tony's side kick is a little kid?", in other words, it feels forced.

The humor was pretty lacking too, which is a shame.

Overall, I found Iron Man 3 weak. Not bad, though, just barely passable. I feel they had some great concepts, but failed to use them correctly.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:I know I said I wouldn't gossip, but I just have to ask. Why did Mir@k abandon his mod profile?
ASDASDASDASDASFASFASD

I was going to bring up the fact that you both agreed that Gossip was bad then brought up Mir@k, but now you are just poking it with a stick. Let me give you the skinny.

Asking why isn't gosseping. But idle talking or rumor generation over someone is. So the case would be "I heard he became a multimillionaire, Dave was jealous, banned him, and then devoted all of his money to drugs, booze, and fancy cars." Of course when it comes to "what happened" questions, you have to give it a good degree of respect because it usually involves someone's personal life and if you are a insider, you don't want to leak a sensitive subject. If it is public knowledge on the other hand I would consider it fair game.

Teran wrote:Back in 2010, when he was still a mod, he gave some awards to both good and bad users, quite a fun thread.

Here's the thread.

Too bad he only did it once.

Bwhahaha. He made me an official vet in that thread.

As for the Iron Man thing, I didn't have a problem with it. I enjoyed the movie, well I lied. I do have one problem with it, I was sitting on the front row at an angle so I couldn't see everything and there was some blurry shit going on. The right speaker was working though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Happened the same to me when I watched Toy Story 3. After that day, I rarely go to a premiere. So many people make the whole event unenjoyable.

Postby Q.U. » Thu May 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Iron Man 2 had one redeeming feature though.

The inclusion of everyone's favourite.

This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

About Q.U.'s post:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 15, 2013 9:10 pm

I miss Minnie's old design. The human version before she got ripped into shreds.

AH HA! I just got this Idea in my head: what if Him made a bargain with Minnie to give Minnie's old appearance? Probably stupid but I still miss minnie's old design. The ragdoll version has done nothing but scare me.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Teran » Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm

I always thought Mimi's evil essence would find it's way to Minnie, turning her human again. It would eventually take its toll on her though.

Postby Numa430 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 pm

There could be a possible scene which Gigyas bonds with Minnie for exchange of her old apperance before she was stitched up at the previous chapters ago.
Under the bed

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 am

Numa Katzroy wrote:There could be a possible scene which Gigyas bonds with Minnie for exchange of her old apperance before she was stitched up at the previous chapters ago.

Gigyas? ( Wikipedia'd )

*trying to decipher correlation/possibilty that the originally proclaimed "evil essence" (which i had personally found to be a fitting description of "it") is actually Gigyas (the appearance seems fitting) *
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)