New GT: Wanna go? Let's go! (05/11/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: Wanna go? Let's go! (05/11/13)

Postby Ataw » Mon May 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:lol, thanks for that

This also got me thinking, someone mentioned this a few pages ago, the Shadowkhan being part of Aku and/or Chi's army. Anyone else notice the lack of security around Chi? Demongo doesn't seem to have the ability to protect Chi if needed, Aku would put guards around something or someone he finds precious. If guards just jump out of nowhere to intervene on Aku's behalf, it would give Him a reason to just ignore Chi and move on.

I'll have to agree to some of that. Who would attack Chi when she is adored by many through advertisement and why? Everybody who lives in the great city of Aku do nothing but serve him (or so I know through the old show.) So there would be no reason for security except for outsiders. Plus its kind of obvious she can take care of herself, but not with Him.
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Ataw wrote:I'll have to agree to some of that. Who would attack Chi when she is adored by many through advertisement and why? Everybody who lives in the great city of Aku do nothing but serve him (or so I know through the old show.) So there would be no reason for security except for outsiders. Plus its kind of obvious she can take care of herself, but not with Him.

True everyone in the city might love her, but as a little girl I'm sure some outsiders tried to target her. Even if she can take care of herself, Aku still appointed Demongo to watch her, what's the point if all Demongo can do is float there watch? There has to be guards or somehow Demongo can gain temporary power to protect her. Aku would want some reassurance.

Edit: Even Jeff can defend Mimi to a certain extent
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Ataw wrote:I'll have to agree to some of that. Who would attack Chi when she is adored by many through advertisement and why? Everybody who lives in the great city of Aku do nothing but serve him (or so I know through the old show.) So there would be no reason for security except for outsiders. Plus its kind of obvious she can take care of herself, but not with Him.

True everyone in the city might love her, but as a little girl I'm sure some outsiders tried to target her. Even if she can take care of herself, Aku still appointed Demongo to watch her, what's the point if all Demongo can do is float there watch? There has to be guards or somehow Demongo can gain temporary power to protect her. Aku would want some reassurance.

Edit: Even Jeff can defend Mimi to a certain extent

To add to that, Mandy even has guards and multiple layers of defense.

Interesting that Chi doesn't have any guards. Could be because they are not visible (like hidden, not invisible).
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 14, 2013 12:51 am

I'm getting my hopes up for the Shadowkhan, I'd love to see the more demon looking ones just pop out from the shadows. Bleedman could even make some original Shadowkhans.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue May 14, 2013 1:01 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:This also got me thinking, someone mentioned this a few pages ago, the Shadowkhan being part of Aku and/or Chi's army.

*raises hand* That was me.

Blood Lord wrote:Interesting that Chi doesn't have any guards. Could be because they are not visible (like hidden, not invisible).

Interesting indeed. The first thing that comes to mind, is ninjas. The could be strategically placed around the area, ready to act at a moments notice. Like maybe once Him tries to attack Chi, she'll just snap her fingers, and in an instant, Him is surrounded by ninjas. I also have to wonder if Chi has some sort of side character warrior under her command as a form of captain. Like how Mandy had Charles (Lord Pain).

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm getting my hopes up for the Shadowkhan, I'd love to see the more demon looking ones just pop out from the shadows. Bleedman could even make some original Shadowkhans.

Me too. I think they would fit in rather nicely in my opinion. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I think our chances of seeing them in this comic is kinda remote. Then again, you never know.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 am

Havoc751 wrote:Me too. I think they would fit in rather nicely in my opinion. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I think our chances of seeing them in this comic is kinda remote. Then again, you never know.

It just seems so perfect imo. Travels by turning into shadows, the Asian culture and demon beings. Aku controlling the Shadowkhan just fits so well.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:Me too. I think they would fit in rather nicely in my opinion. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I think our chances of seeing them in this comic is kinda remote. Then again, you never know.

It just seems so perfect imo. Travels by turning into shadows, the Asian culture and demon beings. Aku controlling the Shadowkhan just fits so well.

I 100% agree with you on that. But I just haven't seen anything that would indicates that they'll be making a cameo in this comic, but that doesn't necessarily me they won't. I mean, I don't think anyone saw General Specific (Sheep in the Big City) coming.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 am

Looking back on my original script to what's been going on up to now the only thing I may have to change in my Fanfic is my character's approach in how to get to Him... and seeing as Chi basically did what I was thinking of doing, and depending on what happens next I may come up with a more intricate storyline.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby PaytonWest » Tue May 14, 2013 2:05 pm

This is a random idea, what if HIM sent Mimi to live at the Grim castle to learn their weaknesses. But she's not filled in on the plan for real, so she can more easily slip into the family and be more exposed to their more natural settings?

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm

PaytonWest wrote:This is a random idea, what if HIM sent Mimi to live at the Grim castle to learn their weaknesses. But she's not filled in on the plan for real, so she can more easily slip into the family and be more exposed to their more natural settings?

Usually when there's a break in security, they fill the hole that let them in and brace it.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
PaytonWest wrote:This is a random idea, what if HIM sent Mimi to live at the Grim castle to learn their weaknesses. But she's not filled in on the plan for real, so she can more easily slip into the family and be more exposed to their more natural settings?

Usually when there's a break in security, they fill the hole that let them in and brace it.

Well, that is kind of what happened. I think Him attempting to get Jr attached to Mimi, so that he can abuse such a connection would be more likely. Assuming that Him actually planned for Mimi to end up where she is.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 pm

oh yeah, cant believe I didnt thought of this before...

maybe him's reasons for not telling chi is not so much that he doesnt want her involved but more on that he's already got a plan. remember his essence? perhaps he wants grim's family to feel secured and subtly let his essence mess around.
chi barging in would make them much more alert thanks to 2 consequent breaches and she could also screw it up maybe with the essence, like getting it back inside mimi or something.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 11:20 pm

It's a symbiote guys, not an essence. The profile doesn't match. Essence sounds like its some part of his soul (lets see if you get it or not) or some kind of gas like fart substance. We know this thing has the ability to change shape and looks "sticky" so it is more correct to call it a symbiote than some fucked up soul-fart.

There would be better ways to infect a member of the Grim family with it than this.

And look at it this way, we have no idea if it can bounce to another person. Mimi has several advantages already with it. First, she is the biological daughter of Him. That has been confirmed unless the new editor/writer decides to change it. Second, she already has power without it, and using it probably amplifies her total powers. Minnie has nothing except for sword skills, a instinctual love for her brother, and the realization that she has a flat chest.

The only other argument that you have is the mysterious "phasing" issue that Minnie had after the end of the fight with Mina. You could suppose that one of the reasons that happened is that Mimi and the symbiotic don't perfectly merge and it is seeking out a new host. The issue with this particular explanation is that if we arrange the comic in chronological events according to it, this occurrence hasn't happened. Thus you could argue that she has "gotten over it". There are a few more ideas that I think work better for it than a poor connection, but it is possible. Other ideas would be things like emotional disturbances, her birthday, or the anniversary of the merge happening.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue May 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Here's a thought. Maybe there's more to human Mimi than meets the eyes? All this talk about Him using Mimi to somehow "spy" on the Grim family, got me to thinking: What if in her human form, Him is able to use Mimi like a (for lack of a better word) "surveillance camera"? Like he can take advantage of her psychic abilities, and use her as his eyes and ears. Maybe this is the same tactic he used against the heroes of Megaville, or he could have also used this power to get the drop on the Redeemer.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 am

Pretty sure the soul-fart(tee hee) is inside a container meant to keep it in. When Grim was talking about it, the description he gave would make me think that he'd secure it and make sure it can't get out on its own.

Using Mimi's human form as surveillance camera sounds plausible, after those event I'm sure Mimi would know this too, would be interesting seeing how it'd turn out if this were true. Would Mimi try and tell Jr? Did Him find a way to hide it from her? So many other questions.

Also, I wonder if Mimi starts meditating would she be able to seal 'Her' away like how Raven seals away her demented nature? That chakra gem has been there for some time now, and Mimi is now Purged of the soul-fart(I can't get over this one).
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 am

Ataw wrote:Who would attack Chi when she is adored by many through advertisement and why?

Is she really? Please do remember that Aku's realm smells of a totalitarian regime. Obviously, everything, even thought, is controlled here. Those billboards are not merely advertisement. Rather, they are propaganda posters proclaiming loud and clear that Aku is watching them and so are his minions.
Ataw wrote:Everybody who lives in the great city of Aku do nothing but serve him (or so I know through the old show.) So there would be no reason for security except for outsiders.

Again, you know nothing of absolute rule. On the contrary, the security here is extremely tight. Nothing, not even thought is allowed to deviate. And those that do face terrible wrath.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 am

Bandit wrote:Is she really? Please do remember that Aku's realm smells of a totalitarian regime. Obviously, everything, even thought, is controlled here. Those billboards are not merely advertisement. Rather, they are propaganda posters proclaiming loud and clear that Aku is watching them and so are his minions.
That's a good point and one to remember- if it is indeed a controlled society.
Bandit wrote:Again, you know nothing of absolute rule.
There's no need to be mean to the man.
Bandit wrote:On the contrary, the security here is extremely tight. Nothing, not even thought is allowed to deviate. And those that do face terrible wrath.
Well I don't want to sound like a dick, but we haven't seen so much as a security Bot yet- even at Aku's Palace. Chi seems to be living alone- discounting Mr. Floating Head.

I think Aku probably chilled out a fuckton after having a kid and stopped being 100% evil and is probably in a really good mood and has been for a long time. Maybe his world isn't one of totalitarian rule, maybe it's just cyberpunk? Maybe the people there are happy without the need for mind control?

Seems like a better choice out of the others if you HAD to choose a plane of Hell when you died. It's basically just Life 2.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 15, 2013 8:20 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Bandit wrote:Is she really? Please do remember that Aku's realm smells of a totalitarian regime. Obviously, everything, even thought, is controlled here. Those billboards are not merely advertisement. Rather, they are propaganda posters proclaiming loud and clear that Aku is watching them and so are his minions.
That's a good point and one to remember- if it is indeed a controlled society.
Bandit wrote:On the contrary, the security here is extremely tight. Nothing, not even thought is allowed to deviate. And those that do face terrible wrath.
Well I don't want to sound like a dick, but we haven't seen so much as a security Bot yet- even at Aku's Palace. Chi seems to be living alone- discounting Mr. Floating Head.

Your right, which is kinda the one thing I absolutely need for my fan fiction otherwise I'll be forced to take an alternative intro which means more delays...
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby silvercover » Wed May 15, 2013 10:09 am

Blood Lord wrote:It's a symbiote guys, not an essence. The profile doesn't match. Essence sounds like its some part of his soul (lets see if you get it or not) or some kind of gas like fart substance. We know this thing has the ability to change shape and looks "sticky" so it is more correct to call it a symbiote than some fucked up soul-fart.

There would be better ways to infect a member of the Grim family with it than this.

And look at it this way, we have no idea if it can bounce to another person. Mimi has several advantages already with it. First, she is the biological daughter of Him. That has been confirmed unless the new editor/writer decides to change it. Second, she already has power without it, and using it probably amplifies her total powers. Minnie has nothing except for sword skills, a instinctual love for her brother, and the realization that she has a flat chest.

The only other argument that you have is the mysterious "phasing" issue that Minnie had after the end of the fight with Mina. You could suppose that one of the reasons that happened is that Mimi and the symbiotic don't perfectly merge and it is seeking out a new host. The issue with this particular explanation is that if we arrange the comic in chronological events according to it, this occurrence hasn't happened. Thus you could argue that she has "gotten over it". There are a few more ideas that I think work better for it than a poor connection, but it is possible. Other ideas would be things like emotional disturbances, her birthday, or the anniversary of the merge happening.

yeah a symbiote is more fit, just that well this is the underworld with lots of spirits ghosts whatnot. essence came to mind first.

it doesnt necessarily have to be related to minnie. maybe it can get out of there while everyone rests after all the action(assuming that this current arc happens directly after mimi's capture, cause the several days of her absence to reply could include her travel time to grim's castle) where everyone is tired. maybe it will take horror's hand and/or some other stuff before merging back with mimi.

and dont underestimate minnie either. while true that her skills and abilities currently are not impressive, she is still the daughter of mandy, who herself has no powers like everyone else yet is one of the most feared character. as junior himself said, minnie can be like his mom when she's pissed off.
she does still show she can control the nergal powers with her words. him could still use her as a bargaining chip or something for junior, he did it the last time. and they only escaped thanks to the redeemer, jeff, and mimi, where they wont be able to do it this time around.
also the symbiote may be more powerful the more negative/dark its host is. while mimi has been corrupted and broken so much, she's still like a pretty good person deep inside. on the flipside, while minnie does look and appear as good as someone can get, she's harboring quite a lot of dark feelings herself.

Postby Bandit » Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 am

Birdofterror wrote:

You're right, and I'm sorry.
Birdofterror wrote:I think Aku probably chilled out a fuckton after having a kid and stopped being 100% evil and is probably in a really good mood and has been for a long time.

That won't stop his henchmen from acting like ministers of control. I don't think Aku actually cares that much about his subjects.
Birdofterror wrote:Maybe his world isn't one of totalitarian rule, maybe it's just cyberpunk? Maybe the people there are happy without the need for mind control?

don't bet your life on it

Postby Birdofterror » Wed May 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Bandit wrote:That won't stop his henchmen from acting like ministers of control. I don't think Aku actually cares that much about his subjects.
You seem to be jumping to the implications that everyone here is evil for the sake of evil. It's more than possible that the majority of people living in his realm are there simply for being 'dead,' and not for being evil.

After all, if Aku really was this tyrannical warlord, won't they wait for his orders to do anything, lest they suffer his wrath?
Bandit wrote:don't bet your life on it
I won't, but I'm craving for something that isn't the cookie cutter design for 'Hell' right now.

The only pictures we've seen on Aku so far are him smiling and we haven't even seen anything of injustice in the city (yet) and all of the Aku Banners are replaced with Chi Banners.

I think he's just a happy dad. Aku has shown multiple times in the show that he's capable of complex emotions, not just evil ones. Hell, he even joined Jack one time and shared a few jokes- and even tried to feed an innocent little animal.

I dunno man, Aku seems like the least evil of all the rulers of hell there are- except Maybe Grim... if he even counts anymore.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed May 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Bandit wrote:That won't stop his henchmen from acting like ministers of control. I don't think Aku actually cares that much about his subjects.
You seem to be jumping to the implications that everyone here is evil for the sake of evil. It's more than possible that the majority of people living in his realm are there simply for being 'dead,' and not for being evil.

After all, if Aku really was this tyrannical warlord, won't they wait for his orders to do anything, lest they suffer his wrath?
Bandit wrote:don't bet your life on it
I won't, but I'm craving for something that isn't the cookie cutter design for 'Hell' right now.

The only pictures we've seen on Aku so far are him smiling and we haven't even seen anything of injustice in the city (yet) and all of the Aku Banners are replaced with Chi Banners.

I think he's just a happy dad. Aku has shown multiple times in the show that he's capable of complex emotions, not just evil ones. Hell, he even joined Jack one time and shared a few jokes- and even tried to feed an innocent little animal.

I dunno man, Aku seems like the least evil of all the rulers of hell there are- except Maybe Grim... if he even counts anymore.

Agreed. Despite being the "Master of Darkness" which would contradict all those things he did, like you said, he is one of the few people in hell that has at least a (albeit minimal) sense of good. I can only think of Spawn, Grim, and Junior, as people from hell whom most of their actions have shown little to no evil.
Never anger a magician

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Well I don't want to sound like a dick, but we haven't seen so much as a security Bot yet- even at Aku's Palace. Chi seems to be living alone- discounting Mr. Floating Head.

Come to think of it, I don't even think the city of Aku in Samurai Jack had any either.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 pm

for some reason I'm suddenly hearing the music from the Clint Eastwood western/wild west/cowboy movies in my head as I'm looking at this page
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:for some reason I'm suddenly hearing the music from the Clint Eastwood western/wild west/cowboy movies in my head as I'm looking at this page

Demongo transforms or a single guard pops out and the title of the next page is or either a reference to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Just a thought I had.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)