Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Speaking of RPGs (assuming this is the game class you guys are discussing) would anyone be interested in joining one that I have going on in the RP Section?

Postby top gear tony » Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 pm

I donno, I didn't really stick to my guns on the Dragon Age one. And I feel quite bad for it. I'll give it a look over and see if anything hits me.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 pm

So apparently I found out a friend of mine has been playing Persona 3 and is waiting to finish it before moving on to 4.

Any opinions on the 3rd one, Tony?

Also, might check it out Blood.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony » Wed May 15, 2013 5:30 pm

I really didn't like the third one. I'm quite forgiving with JRPGs giving I know how long they take to get going and they break a dozen laws of game design.

I got into Persona when 4 came out, so I played that before 3. It could be the same thing that happened to me with Oblivion and that I played Fallout 3 first. Thus I didn't really get into it.

I gave it another go with the PSP re-release but it still didn't click with me. I also didn't care much for the main guy's design this time around.

Postby Fievel » Thu May 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Please carry on with your current conversation. Just wanted to say Beowulf won vote number two.

Also, I should play a Persona game at some point.
Offended.

Postby Hiroko » Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 am

I just heard myself. ouo I'm rather pleased, I was worried Beowulf wouldn't make it.
The Sentimental One

Postby Fievel » Fri May 17, 2013 12:32 am

I'm really happy about it. I honestly thought Minette would win. Eliza might not have been one of my top choices, but at least Squigly is turning out really nice. So everything is alllllllllrrrrrrrrright.
Offended.

Postby Tuor » Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 am

I keep seeing Beowulf in here and thinking of the Anglo-Saxon poem
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Fri May 17, 2013 6:00 am

Well, he wasn't my first choice but he definitely wasn't my last so It's all good.

Postby top gear tony » Sun May 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Excuse the double post. But....

Holy shit, have you guy's seen the new Guilty Gear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NKGPhKu3jNg

Persona 4 and King of Fighters 13 have just been out animated, by their own makers.

Postby Fievel » Sun May 19, 2013 7:23 pm

New Guilty Gear? Sweet. Can't wait to play as May and hear some rockin' music.
Offended.

Postby top gear tony » Sun May 19, 2013 7:32 pm

I know, May is my favourite character (too?). Looks like it might be next gen.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Tis coming up to that season for new consoles.

Postby top gear tony » Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm

The reveal of the new Xbox is tomorrow. British time. I'll be looking at one word. "Not always online Xbox" or it's PS4 for me.

Postby Fievel » Sun May 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Not sure about any of the next gen consoles. Only the Wii U interests me, and that's mostly because of that Yoshi game and the announcement that the next three Sonic games are gonna be exclusive for the Wii U. As for the next Xbox and the PS4, I suppose I'd probably prefer the PS4.

top gear tony 666 wrote:I know, May is my favourite character (too?).

Yes. May is my favorite character.
Offended.

Postby Exodis » Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 pm

One of the new Sonic games is gonna be called "Lost World".
Looks interesting.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Jasthn » Sun May 19, 2013 10:40 pm

I just hope that the new consoles will have the feature to play used games. I know I heard some rumors of the new consoles only playing new software and not used.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Exodis » Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Well that's a total letdown. The reason why I even got a Wii was to play to not only play SSBB but to play my Gamecube games as my Gamecube couldn't read the damn discs!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm

I lost all faith in Nintendo. A few companies are pulling support from the companies and seeking those with better graphics and performance engines. I don't see anything "new" coming from them, except more things like "Mario Party 17" or something like that. I am aware of this statement when I know that I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of Halo 5.

The Wii U doesn't interest me when I have to hold another screen in front of a screen, and none of the titles are appealing. It's a party console for family reunions.

But I have different tastes where I would rather be flying around the galaxy or shooting someone in the face with a rocket. Speaking of those terms, I saw you playing ME 3 today, Tony, what are your thoughts on it?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 20, 2013 1:25 am

Fievel wrote:Please carry on with your current conversation. Just wanted to say Beowulf won vote number two.

Also, I should play a Persona game at some point.

Oh, the second vote already finished? I thought it would be another set of rounds like the first one?

But now that I know there's already been a fighting game character (Kanji from said Persona series) that uses a folding chair as a weapon, I'm half expecting Beowulf to take something from him. But then I go back and see "not Kanji" in the fighting style description... Did a lot of people really bring that up so much that they'd note that?

Also Fie, if you want to get into a Persona game, go for one of the earlier titles first if you plan on playing any of them. P3 is often recommended, but if you play the 4th first it's hard to go back from there. And if you can manage, if you get P4 Tony here recommends the re-released Golden version on Vita. It has more and some improvements were made that I looked up.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Fievel » Mon May 20, 2013 3:25 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:But now that I know there's already been a fighting game character (Kanji from said Persona series) that uses a folding chair as a weapon, I'm half expecting Beowulf to take something from him. But then I go back and see "not Kanji" in the fighting style description... Did a lot of people really bring that up so much that they'd note that?

Yes. Noting that was definitely necessary considering a lot of the chat reactions when they announced it. It's funny because the concept of Beowulf predates Kanji by a fair amount.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Tony here recommends the re-released Golden version on Vita. It has more and some improvements were made that I looked up.

I have absolutely no desire to get a Vita. I do, however, intend to start with P3.
Offended.

Postby top gear tony » Mon May 20, 2013 3:27 am

Blood Lord wrote:I lost all faith in Nintendo. A few companies are pulling support from the companies and seeking those with better graphics and performance engines. I don't see anything "new" coming from them, except more things like "Mario Party 17" or something like that. I am aware of this statement when I know that I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of Halo 5.

The Wii U doesn't interest me when I have to hold another screen in front of a screen, and none of the titles are appealing. It's a party console for family reunions.

But I have different tastes where I would rather be flying around the galaxy or shooting someone in the face with a rocket. Speaking of those terms, I saw you playing ME 3 today, Tony, what are your thoughts on it?

Exactly, they are as of the announcement of (and no joke): "Super Luigi Bros WiiU". That they have officially become creatively bankrupt. I don't care about the gems anymore like Fire Emblem Awakening or Luigi's mansion 2. They've taken their customers for fools too many times.

As for ME3, I've taken to the multiyplayer. It's quite fun since they've taken the time to expand on a feature that was originally forced in there. The story is as always a joy.

The best part is I didn't think that whole ending uproar wasn't so bad. Mostly because it was made out to be this thing so horrible it'll haunt my children, but in the end it was just meh.

Postby Fievel » Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 am

I'll agree that they've been somewhat less creative as of late, what with the 3 (4?) New Super Mario Bros games in the past couple of years. I do feel that saying they're outright creatively bankrupt is going too far, though. Paper Mario: Sticker Star was certainly creative (didn't enjoy the game much, though).

top gear tony 666 wrote:Exactly, they are as of the announcement of (and no joke): "Super Luigi Bros WiiU". That they have officially become creatively bankrupt. I don't care about the gems anymore like Fire Emblem Awakening or Luigi's mansion 2. They've taken their customers for fools too many times.

To be fair, pretty much every game company does that to some degree, and they'd probably do it more if they all had the fanbase that Nintendo has. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say they're taking their customers for fools. They're just giving the customers what they want, which happens to be more of the same. I mean, clearly these games sell a fair amount, and unless a person is incredibly stupid, I'm pretty sure they know more or less what to expect from these games based on gameplay footage and whatnot. I will agree with the notion that they should perhaps be a little more experimental or interesting with their games, though.
Offended.

Postby top gear tony » Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 am

Sure, but I'd feel really hard done by if I was a Nintendo loyalist. How many time can you feed a person the same shit.

Sure people beat up on games like COD, but at least that tries to do new things. Considering New Super Mario Bros Wii U Next Generation up the Cum hole,or what ever the next ones called isn't even pushing the envelope (Hell an envelope would move faster if you put it in front of a glacier.)

The Wii U need another Mario in the same vane as 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. Not reused ideas from 1998. It all to do with caving into fan demand, and by god if fanboys had their way Resident Evil would still be a dull corridor feast or Final Fantasy wouldn't have moved from 7.

I get giving the fans what they want is a giving, but a line has to be drawn, otherwise games don't advance and try new things.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Which is already happening with Nintendo. They are losing third party developers. I know Bioware has announced that their up coming games won't be on the Wii U because it can't support their game engine.

No game Nintendo has interests me anymore, save the new Legend of Zelda that is coming out in 2014, but that isn't enough to make me go by a platform for a single game.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter