New Grim Tales Comic: "Wanna go? Let's go!"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Megadon » Mon May 13, 2013 11:27 am

Chi is an underworld aku spawn she can get anything even a gun from a video game. And to be honest i don't care for her feelings I fully support the Jr. Mimi relationship. As for why HIM can just reattach his claw; its because anything cut with a holy sword can not be restored, or returned; that claw is gone forever. Plus as for Jr. and Minnie I say she'll understand that even though Jr. loves Mimi he still deeply cares about her. You see that in the Grims Tales Afterbirth comic. But for right now I already see its going to be Jr and Minnie vs Chi with Mimi stuck in the middle.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Nina333 wrote:I thought Him would freely give Chi the information on Mimi's current predicament so Chi would go to the Grim castle and get Mimi for him.

Agreed. I fear we may have over estimated Him's intelligence and manipulation skills unless he is simply feigning this, which I doubt. Chi is either brave or stupid or both for challenging Him. Even though she is Aku's daughter, I don't think she can go toe to toe with a Underworld Lord like Him.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Nina333 wrote:I thought Him would freely give Chi the information on Mimi's current predicament so Chi would go to the Grim castle and get Mimi for him.

Agreed. I fear we may have over estimated Him's intelligence and manipulation skills unless he is simply feigning this, which I doubt. Chi is either brave or stupid or both for challenging Him. Even though she is Aku's daughter, I don't think she can go toe to toe with a Underworld Lord like Him.

I dont know about that, Chi might have a chance because of shape shifting and if she is Blossom's daughter maybe her abilities as well. Then Him is really skilled with knifes and can transform into a weird monster. Mmmm this might be a problem.
Second Him is a really good cook i heard he makes some boss flap jacks, and some other stuff. So him getting into a cooking accident.... Chi knew he was lying.

Postby Xi-1 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:11 pm

HIM is a known Master of Deception, sort of like Discord and pretty much any depiction of a demon or devil. It's not much use trying to figure out whether or not he's lying. Besides, the best lies are 99% truth, so maybe HIM does care about Chi enough to give her all the outs he possible can before sending her after Horror's Hand. Not that I think he's trying particularly hard to give Chi outs, given his very careful word choices. I therefore believe he is setting Chi up to irrevocably and forcefully invade Grimskull.

The gun is pink. If there are pink explosions, I blame Gundam SEED. Hmm. There're one or two places Chi could have hidden the pistol, given how compact it is. Or she could summon it from Hammerspace: she is Aku's daughter, after all.

Poor Stetson. To be fair HIM was practically asking for it to get shot at by wearing it and a tasselled cowboy vest. The MythBusters proved you can't shoot a hat off someone's head (the bullet rips right through the material without catching enough to drag it off), but it's still a fun trope to see used.

So many green-eyed monsters in this series, it seems. And HIM's eyes are very green, and very deadly-looking.
A Page Flipper

Postby stratus » Mon May 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Megadon wrote: As for why HIM can just reattach his claw; its because anything cut with a holy sword can not be restored, or returned; that claw is gone forever.
is that a confirmed ability of the Angel/anti-spawn or is it more of a theory? i remember jr. also lost a hand by the same blade of the angel and jr was able to restore his hand. im having a hard time believing that HIM, who is basically the true GT version of the traditional satan and ruler of the traditional "fire hell" depicted in modern culture, could not be able to restore a simple claw if he really wanted too.

hes the 1 who gave mimi her claws after all. so he must at least know how to make them or where to get them from. HIM is known to be a powerful shape shifter, summoner, capable of bending laws of physics, and transforms things at his will. ( he turned irwin into a mummy bat puppy by just looking at em.) he shown to be capable of resurrection of dead + fully destroyed bodies (rowdys ruffs) and granting deals/wishes that could alter someones fate (hims contract with Mina)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Drago2552 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

I dont know about that, Chi might have a chance because of shape shifting and if she is Blossom's daughter maybe her abilities as well. Then Him is really skilled with knifes and can transform into a weird monster. Mmmm this might be a problem.
Second Him is a really good cook i heard he makes some boss flap jacks, and some other stuff. So him getting into a cooking accident.... Chi knew he was lying.

You're shitting me right?

Let's look at this. Him is a full Underworld Lord. Took on Megaville, the City of Heroes and killed all if not most of the people there (possibilities of some escaping, not being present, or dying in the hands of Him's army/allies if they were present). Survived a nuke without a problem. And I think he has some sort of magic as well.

Who is Chi? The daughter of Aku and (potentially) Blossom. A 10 to 12 year old brat with no known combat experience, or experience of any kind besides getting what she wanted.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 pm

stratus wrote: is that a confirmed ability of the Angel/anti-spawn or is it more of a theory? i remember jr. also lost a hand by the same blade of the angel and jr was able to restore his hand.

Would you kindly provide the page of reference to which this takes place? Ivm having a hard time remembering an event to where Jr. Had his hand(s?) sliced off...

--[Amazing Edit Additions!]--

Jr.'s Hand being chopped off
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=63

HIM's Hand being chopped off
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=113

One thing that I noticed right off the bat between the two instances is the coloration of Redeemer's cutlass (idc what kind of blade its, I just assume it's a cutlass) which in all honesty I doubt has anything to do with the situations. Merely that it is just the art style shift/coloration. (idk, I hope you get my point)

The main evidence that I found between the event of Jr. having his hand cut off and having it restored (no, i am not including the possibility of Jr.'s nergal powers providing a means of regeneration) and HIM's hand(claw) being cut off and it not being reattached/restored is the will of Redeemer in his actions.

I believe that Redeemer has the power/authority to act with or without holy command (power bestowed unto him by whatever form of heavenly figure or deity that may be presented in this universe(comic)). What I like to think strengthens this argument is the fact that redeemer comments "I should punish you myself-" meaning in his act of cutting off Jr.'s hand, no means of holy divinity drove his action to do so other than challenging against Jr.'s futile attempt to strike at him. (I'd like to think) To further this, the very situation that is presented wouldn't entail the need of divine action( I'd like to think) in that Jr. in redeemer's eyes was merely acting foolishly for the sake of his sister to which Redeemer comments "You dare challenge me" knowing the futility of Jr.'s actions in this event and "Foolish Youngster" acknowledging that he is young and lacks the knowledge/comprehension of the event that is taking place to which he adds "Know your place in this world, little reaper.", this of which means that Redeemer also acknowledges who/what Jr. is.

Blah blah ramble ramble

HIM's situation however is that he is "Major" Sinner and Demonic Lord to which the use/need for divine action/power is understandable and otherwise significant.

Blood Lord wrote:Redeemer, and its a fact of fiction. You'd be hard pressed to find anything in fiction when Holy/righteous power doesn't inflect more damage upon unholy/demonic things and vise versa.

This also I'd like to think would explain the situation if the Divine implementation of his Redeemer's power were based on the sinner's soul(I guess?) to where Jr. in all honesty I like to think is "good" but HIM's... well, that's self explanatory I'd like to think.

Idk, i'm done... gonna watch youtube.
Last edited by YesterdaysLingo on Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm

stratus wrote:is that a confirmed ability of the Angel/anti-spawn or is it more of a theory?

Redeemer, and its a fact of fiction. You'd be hard pressed to find anything in fiction when Holy/righteous power doesn't inflect more damage upon unholy/demonic things and vise versa.

stratus wrote:im having a hard time believing that HIM, who is basically the true GT version of the traditional satan and ruler of the traditional "fire hell"

Incorrect. There is a ruler of Hell known as Satan in this story. Him is only a Underworld Lord.

stratus wrote:hes the 1 who gave mimi her claws after all. so he must at least know how to make them or where to get them from.

You're grammar is hideous and offends me. Get off the damn phone and find a computer. I know you well enough that you can type in near perfect grammar.

Mimi's claws attach via a symbiotic relationship, while Him's claws are natural. Just because she can have them like this, and humorous glue them back on, doesn't mean that Him can.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

Let's look at this. Him is a full Underworld Lord. Took on Megaville, the City of Heroes and killed all if not most of the people there (possibilities of some escaping, not being present, or dying in the hands of Him's army/allies if they were present). Survived a nuke without a problem. And I think he has some sort of magic as well.

Who is Chi? The daughter of Aku and (potentially) Blossom. A 10 to 12 year old brat with no known combat experience, or experience of any kind besides getting what she wanted.

Well Fuck. You kind of screwed me on this one. I route for the underdog sometimes in a fight i am just give the possibility that she might have a chance. If Him gets into a fight with Chi its like an ant vs a human but Him would go easy on chi because she in Aku's daughter and does not want to get on bad terms with him. Also are you sure Him killed everyone???
Second who is the satan of this world I thought the ruler was Mandy.
Third (this is a joke but would be cool) I want Jr. to make a nergal keyblade, or add someone with a keyblade in this comic (aka my character Armen).

Postby DarkKing » Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Drago2552 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

Well Fuck. You kind of screwed me on this one. I route for the underdog sometimes in a fight i am just give the possibility that she might have a chance. If Him gets into a fight with Chi its like an ant vs a human but Him would go easy on chi because she in Aku's daughter and does not want to get on bad terms with him. Also are you sure Him killed everyone???
Third (this is a joke but would be cool) I want Jr. to make a nergal keyblade, or add someone with a keyblade in this comic (aka my character Armen).

Even if HIM went easy on Chi I think he could still beat her easily without causing too much physical harm. Remember this is a guy that can stop the sun from moving with just one wave of his claw.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Drago2552 wrote:Well Fuck. You kind of screwed me on this one. I route for the underdog sometimes in a fight i am just give the possibility that she might have a chance. If Him gets into a fight with Chi its like an ant vs a human but Him would go easy on chi because she in Aku's daughter and does not want to get on bad terms with him.

In theory, yes. Him would go easy on her, but he would make sure that she understands not to do something like this again. Him is experiencing something new, something very alien and he won't like it; someone telling him what to do. He's the big man, the Pimp-Daddy of the Underworld baby! He isn't going to like this. Holding it back would show a tremendous amount of self restraint as well.

Drago2552 wrote:Second who is the satan of this world I thought the ruler was Mandy.

A few things we need to understand.
"Satan" is the name of the being who controls Hell in Christian and Judaism (I think, its been a while since I've studied it).
This distinction and a brief division of the Underworld is made here: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=240
This shows that the Underworld is currently divided into 7 zones, Mandy only controls one of them. five of the Zones are big players with the other two being either minor or possibly contested. Even though it states as "Hell", a similar statement would be like the North American content is on Earth where the US is located and Mandy is President. We know there are other realms out there such as Halloween Town and the dimension where Jr first encountered Jeff.

This is Satan: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=26

In reality though, joke or not, that is what we have. There must be some treaty, or some Grand Ruler that keeps everyone in line to their own domains. Chaos may reign in the Underworld as well and the 7 rulers own lust for power keeps everything in equilibrium.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 am

Sorry if I messed up the post it's my first time

Blood lord is right
Last edited by Biocolor on Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue May 14, 2013 12:38 am

There certainly is the possibility of Him putting Chi "in her place", so to speak. But there also seems to be (in my opinion) the chance that he may merely make a (somewhat) positive remark on her willingness to take on an Underworld Lord like Him.
I can't remember whether or not Him is the kind of man to admire someone's courage or commitment to a cause. I do, however, know that He despises when someone betrays him for a noble cause, whereas he would understand a betrayal motivated by more "sinful" intentions...
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=140
By the way, that might be what happened to the scythe Jr. attacked Him with, since Him grabbed it before Mimi teleported herself, Jr. and Jeff to her "sanctuary".
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=114
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=115
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=116

EDIT: Removed a no-longer-needed statement.
Last edited by Sig Skellington on Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 12:48 am

Biocolor wrote:Sorry if I messed up the post it's my first time

Fixed for you, and its fine. Welcome to the Site and don't be afraid to get involved with the community. You'll make some great friends here.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:24 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:Well Fuck. You kind of screwed me on this one. I route for the underdog sometimes in a fight i am just give the possibility that she might have a chance. If Him gets into a fight with Chi its like an ant vs a human but Him would go easy on chi because she in Aku's daughter and does not want to get on bad terms with him.

In theory, yes. Him would go easy on her, but he would make sure that she understands not to do something like this again. Him is experiencing something new, something very alien and he won't like it; someone telling him what to do. He's the big man, the Pimp-Daddy of the Underworld baby! He isn't going to like this. Holding it back would show a tremendous amount of self restraint as well.

Drago2552 wrote:Second who is the satan of this world I thought the ruler was Mandy.

A few things we need to understand.
"Satan" is the name of the being who controls Hell in Christian and Judaism (I think, its been a while since I've studied it).
This distinction and a brief division of the Underworld is made here: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=240
This shows that the Underworld is currently divided into 7 zones, Mandy only controls one of them. five of the Zones are big players with the other two being either minor or possibly contested. Even though it states as "Hell", a similar statement would be like the North American content is on Earth where the US is located and Mandy is President. We know there are other realms out there such as Halloween Town and the dimension where Jr first encountered Jeff.

This is Satan: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=26

In reality though, joke or not, that is what we have. There must be some treaty, or some Grand Ruler that keeps everyone in line to their own domains. Chaos may reign in the Underworld as well and the 7 rulers own lust for power keeps everything in equilibrium.

I am Armenian Orthodox so i know about the whole hell thing. Also I read the whole comic and saw this page I just thought bleedman would change his view on satan being the ruler of hell. I have been reading this comic for around 6 years now. I was never able to make a acount because I did not know how.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue May 14, 2013 7:47 am

Going off topic somewhat here, I pulled out some DC info on Raven and from what I've learned we may actually see her making a second appearance as White Raven, because if the Raven we saw way back ago is coming from the T.V show (Teen Titans) then there is a small but plausible possibility that Raven could have given in to her fear (frankly speaking I have no clue weather or not she has ever fought Him) and is currently battling for control over her soul from Trigon's influence. This is just a small possibility, but my money is on Raven making a comeback. Sorry for diverting the topic.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Raulosification » Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 am

What Chi did right now is pure madness! ... well it's expected from her to do such a thing when HIM is not telling where is Mimi :|
''A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.''
The Mighty Death

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 14, 2013 10:01 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:Going off topic somewhat here, I pulled out some DC info on Raven and from what I've learned we may actually see her making a second appearance as White Raven, because if the Raven we saw way back ago is coming from the T.V show (Teen Titans) then there is a small but plausible possibility that Raven could have given in to her fear (frankly speaking I have no clue weather or not she has ever fought Him) and is currently battling for control over her soul from Trigon's influence. This is just a small possibility, but my money is on Raven making a comeback. Sorry for diverting the topic.

That depends if bleedman uses the canon from the comics (which I highly doubt).
Never anger a magician

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 am

Drago2552 wrote:Well Fuck. You kind of screwed me on this one. I route for the underdog sometimes in a fight i am just give the possibility that she might have a chance. If Him gets into a fight with Chi its like an ant vs a human but Him would go easy on chi because she in Aku's daughter and does not want to get on bad terms with him. Also are you sure Him killed everyone???

Well the comic said that the traitor lead to Megaville's fall, so i pretty sure that the traitor probably removed any defenses. And that allowed all the evil doers that had flocked to battle the city of heroes to walk right in and swarm the city. Does anyone know who the Traitor is?
oh main point, Him probably didn't kill everyone or destroy the entire city by himself.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Drago2552 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
Drago2552 wrote:Well Fuck. You kind of screwed me on this one. I route for the underdog sometimes in a fight i am just give the possibility that she might have a chance. If Him gets into a fight with Chi its like an ant vs a human but Him would go easy on chi because she in Aku's daughter and does not want to get on bad terms with him. Also are you sure Him killed everyone???

Well the comic said that the traitor lead to Megaville's fall, so i pretty sure that the traitor probably removed any defenses. And that allowed all the evil doers that had flocked to battle the city of heroes to walk right in and swarm the city. Does anyone know who the Traitor is?
oh main point, Him probably didn't kill everyone or destroy the entire city by himself.

No one knows who the traitor is but I bet it is someone that was kind of close to Mimi. Also know that you mention Trigon he could be another lord of hell.

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:Going off topic somewhat here, I pulled out some DC info on Raven and from what I've learned we may actually see her making a second appearance as White Raven, because if the Raven we saw way back ago is coming from the T.V show (Teen Titans) then there is a small but plausible possibility that Raven could have given in to her fear (frankly speaking I have no clue weather or not she has ever fought Him) and is currently battling for control over her soul from Trigon's influence. This is just a small possibility, but my money is on Raven making a comeback. Sorry for diverting the topic.

Sorry, but she did fight Him and failed. She and Hoss Delgado sacrificed themselves in a nuclear blast in an attempt to kill Him, which (needless to say) didn't work.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=182
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=183
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=184
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:

Sorry, but she did fight Him and failed. She and Hoss Delgado sacrificed themselves in a nuclear blast in an attempt to kill Him, which (needless to say) didn't work.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=182
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=183
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=184

I was talking about weather or not Raven fought Him before her last stand with Hoss and we don't know that she really is dead. Nukes may rule firepower wise but Raven has (and this is from the official DC character site) magical, psychic, and telekinetic powers with the ability to manipulate energy, emotions, and shadows. Not to mention that if that was her first time fighting Him ever and she somehow survived her self sacrifice, knowing how easily Him was able to get away from her and Hoss, she would be mind fucked scared shit less and seeing as her emotions play a role to her powers she's probably wrestling with her inner demons for complete control
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue May 14, 2013 3:38 pm

I doubt that Raven is still alive. The only possible reason that she might be alive is that HIM teleported her away to a special prison in his realm while he confronted Blossom and Mimi again, but I also doubt that
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Xi-1 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm

The traitor is Cheese (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) he accidentally pushed the button that lowered the base's shields. HIM took complete advantage of the laps and killed everybody. Now he's in the base. Or he would be, if he hadn't destroyed it.

This is possible, since it's how they lost Heroes Hollow in FusionFall. Dexter really hates Cheese.

To answer your question, Blood Lord, Judaism does not have a belief in Hell. Rather, Gilgad Adom ('adom' means 'red,' so that's where the 'hellfire and brimstone' comes from) is more similar to Purgatory: you stay there to work off your sins, then you move out to Olam Ha'bah (the World to Come). Judaism also believes that Satan (read both A's as short) is a Fallen Angel and not a Devil, however God's bets with him are still well-known (for example, concerning Job). It's kind of strange for an omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent deity to place a bet with a being down the ladder from him, but there you go. Judaism also believes it's okay to question pretty much everything, because "God made us in His image" in our ability to reason and act through our own willpower.
A Page Flipper

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Xi-1 wrote:The traitor is Cheese (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) he accidentally pushed the button that lowered the base's shields. HIM took complete advantage of the laps and killed everybody. Now he's in the base. Or he would be, if he hadn't destroyed it.

This is possible, since it's how they lost Heroes Hollow in FusionFall. Dexter really hates Cheese

This makes sense somehow. He seems to be the only living thing on the planet that can be dumber than Billy. Except for Caboose. He kills his team mates by "helping" them.

Top three dumbest lifeforms in existence.
    1) Caboose
    2) Cheese
    3) Billy
Never anger a magician

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!