New GT: Wanna go? Let's go! (05/11/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: Wanna go? Let's go! (05/11/13)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Ataw wrote:
piranha45 wrote:how/when did Him lose his claw? is there a particular comic this occurred in?

Dudes right. Asking questions like thoughs can get somebody's lights knocked out, but lucky I'm not one of thoughs people who'd hit you for it. To be honest I actually laughed my head off when you asked about the claw.
(though I have read the entire comic 5 times over. :unsure: )

I think the flashbacks confuse relatively new readers. I find them un necessaril long. In fact, when I first started reading this comic, It was at the first page of the GTFO chapter.
F U Im evil

Postby Savvy » Sun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm

So, some people are thinking that Him's going to Aku to give him a hand in getting Mimi back?^^ Also, really interested in where Him is getting his fashion sense. He seems to just wear whatever he feels like, with little real logic or point behind it. Its funny though. I think this chapter re-affirms that Chi is a spoiled brat, and she might just have crossed a line here. I'm interested to see if Him just takes this in stride or decides to teach her a lesson. This might be how Bleedman showcases Chi's powers, too.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 am

Savvy wrote:So, some people are thinking that Him's going to Aku to give him a hand in getting Mimi back?^^ Also, really interested in where Him is getting his fashion sense. He seems to just wear whatever he feels like, with little real logic or point behind it. Its funny though. I think this chapter re-affirms that Chi is a spoiled brat, and she might just have crossed a line here. I'm interested to see if Him just takes this in stride or decides to teach her a lesson. This might be how Bleedman showcases Chi's powers, too.

I don't think he should fight, he is in Aku's realm and Chi is his daughter. Maybe Aku himself will appear and calm Chi down.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Pyre » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 am

Do we really know if Him even knows what happened to Mimi? I mean we know he knows she's in pain, but does he know she's become a pet/friend as opposed to being tortured by Mandy?

Postby Havoc » Mon May 13, 2013 2:35 am

Pyre wrote:Do we really know if Him even knows what happened to Mimi? I mean we know he knows she's in pain, but does he know she's become a pet/friend as opposed to being tortured by Mandy?

That's a really good point there new guy. I never even considered that. How would Him know what happened to Mimi? There has been a lot of debate over the years about rather or not Mimi being kept as a pet was even part or Him's plan. I mean, without any insight on the situation, for all he knows, she could be dead by now.

Postby Pyre » Mon May 13, 2013 7:32 am

Well from the scream he knew when the gauntlet finished messing with her, and then he made a comment she'd still have to face Mandy's wrath. Aside from that he doesn't really know what happened to her, and like you said he may very well assume she's dead at this point or somewhere that is causing her plenty of misery. In either case he does seem very fond of Mimi, as we can see from him looking at the photo from the past where he doesn't deface her image but rather gives doodles in the horns that connect her to him.

All and all, I can say we can make a few assumptions:

1.) Him does feel a sort of pride in Mimi and loves her in his own way.

2.) We don't know what he knows of her, but there's a good chance he doesn't know she's being treated nicely as I highly doubt he'd expect anyone to stand up to Mandy the way Junior did.

3.) Him visiting Aku does not necessarily mean he's doing it for Mimi's behalf. It is seen that he visits Aku in the past for various reasons, and Abadeer, another lord of one of the regions of hell visits Him for various purposes. It is very likely that all of the lords of hell visit one another and keep up some form of relationship, that seem to be generally friendly as in the case of Aku and Abadeer with Him (remember Abadeer was on a first name bases with Him). In the case of the Count and Mandy it doesn't seem like Him particularly dislikes them, he doesn't have a very high opinion of them, but he isn't in direct aggression with them either... Nothing Him has done so far seemed to be directed at hurting Mandy, it was mostly his interest in Minnie and the desire to punish Mimi that impacted Mandy, and not his hostility towards her in particular.

Furthermore, if he was visiting Aku in regards to Mimi, wouldn't he be more likely to inform Chi about Mimi's condition? I'm guessing Aku doesn't really hold much back in the way of giving Chi what she wants, so if Him does disclose anything to Aku, it would seem that Chi would end up learning about it rather quickly.

4.) Most importantly, Chi is pretty badass, she really went from a very derpy and clingy personality there to something very aggressive and self reliant.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 am

Pyre wrote:4.) Most importantly, Chi is pretty badass, she really went from a very derpy and clingy personality there to something very aggressive and self reliant.
/shrug

She's just a big ol' kid. She wants what she wants and gets pissed when she doesn't get it- to hell with the reasons why.

I can't tell if her aggressiveness is born of being spoiled and hating to be kept waiting or her legitimate love for Mimi and the fear of what could be happening to her. I would 'like' for it to be the second option, but she is just a child after all, so it could easily be the first.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Pyre » Mon May 13, 2013 8:24 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Pyre wrote:4.) Most importantly, Chi is pretty badass, she really went from a very derpy and clingy personality there to something very aggressive and self reliant.
/shrug

She's just a big ol' kid. She wants what she wants and gets pissed when she doesn't get it- to hell with the reasons why.

I can't tell if her aggressiveness is born of being spoiled and hating to be kept waiting or her legitimate love for Mimi and the fear of what could be happening to her. I would 'like' for it to be the second option, but she is just a child after all, so it could easily be the first.

Well yes, that is very much the case and honestly she knows nothing about Mimi's condition so for all it matters in her mind Mimi might just be on a mission to pet all the puppies and kittens on Earth so no human child can, and as such there's no reason for her to really be concerned about what's happening to Mimi, but all the reason for her to just be mad she didn't get what she wanted.

However, what's really important is the behavior she is exhibiting when it comes to demanding what she wants... As a child, and how she's been acting as a whole prior to this, it would make sense if she threw a temper tantrum that was composed of screaming and yelling, but such an act of violence after being essentially threatened is very uncharacteristic of a typical spoiled child. More so, it's also the reason why she did it, it wasn't so much the lack of Mimi, even though that played a role in it, but rather because she felt the need to assert her dominance in her own realm.

Basically what I'm getting at is that she knows Him isn't someone to take lightly, and he has already threatened her, but even knowing this she's taking that risk in asserting herself and is willing to stand her ground in a very atypical manner when the spoiled brat personality is concerned. Even her expression in the last panel isn't that of someone throwing a tantrum, but rather one of "don't take me for granted, because I'm not just some brat."

Postby silvercover » Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 am

^exactly.
as I said in that other thread, chi is displaying a lot more depth here than before.

notice the way she comments on him's hand, showing that her mind is not just entirely fixed on mimi.
and we've already seen how she throws a tantrum in the previous pages, yet this one has her pretty calm and nearly did actual bodily harm, especially to the father(much emphasize on this more so than ruler) of mimi.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 13, 2013 11:31 am

Pyre wrote:Basically what I'm getting at is that she knows Him isn't someone to take lightly, and he has already threatened her, but even knowing this she's taking that risk in asserting herself and is willing to stand her ground in a very atypical manner when the spoiled brat personality is concerned. Even her expression in the last panel isn't that of someone throwing a tantrum, but rather one of "don't take me for granted, because I'm not just some brat."
Huh. That's a pretty good observation.

It definitely looks like you might be right. I guess she's sick of Him treating her like a kid...

But I shudder to think what Him has done to every 'adult' who has ever crossed him.

Regardless, she is still Aku's daughter and intentionally or not, she will be using that as very good leverage against Him.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Pyre » Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Well let's be honest, Chi probably knows what she is and probably doesn't want to just be known for being the spoiled child of the king of her realm. Yes, she isn't going to stop leveraging her father's name and status, but at the same time it's probably something she wants to get away from as much as possible too. Like any child of a famous being, she probably wants to prove herself to show that she isn't simply someone who is famous by relation, but rather is able to hold her own. That does not mean she isn't used to the comfort that is associated with being related to that person... Really it's a catch 22 for her, she wants to be both independent and in the lap of luxury, but obtaining each of those at her current state are somewhat at different ends of the spectrum.

As for what may happen to Chi, well there's always the chance that while Aku is a very providing father, he may be one that could turn a blind eye to Him doing something minor in nature. This could be both a result of Aku trying to give Chi more independence, or simply him being fed up with her spoiled nature but unable to bring himself to punish her.

Then again, there's always the option that Aku tries to reprimand Him for whatever he does but Chi tells her father not to as she wishes to display her independence. This would actually be very much in her nature, as there's no shame in being bested by another lord of Hell, one that rivals her father in power, and it would serve to show that she isn't afraid to stand up for herself without her father being there to essentially save her... This would be a really win-win situation for her, as she would incur a minor punishment, seeing as Him doesn't want to ruin relations with Aku most likely and as such wouldn't go overboard, while showing she is willing to stand up to one of the most feared being in their realm without the aid of her father.

So yes, that's my prediction from this, Chi gets spanked for her behavior by Him. As a result Aku rages, but Chi tells him that it's ok and he doesn't have to baby her. All of this earns her a lot of street cred within her domain.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't think Aku is going to rage at Him. I think it is more likely for him to show up before anything serious happens and stop the fighting. He could chew his daughter out for her behavior, I mean Him is standing on the logical ground here while Chi is just being a dumb ass. She doesn't have the strength to go toe to toe with a Underworld Lord of Him's caliber.

I feel like something is missing...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon May 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I don't think Aku is going to rage at Him. I think it is more likely for him to show up before anything serious happens and stop the fighting. He could chew his daughter out for her behavior, I mean Him is standing on the logical ground here while Chi is just being a dumb ass. She doesn't have the strength to go toe to toe with a Underworld Lord of Him's caliber.

I feel like something is missing...

You're right, there is something missing.

I don't understand how Chi would be that brave and stupid to threaten Him. One page or another will fill this hole.
F U Im evil

Postby Pyre » Mon May 13, 2013 2:16 pm

But that's the point really. Chi knows she can't beat Him, but even standing up to Him, just like Junior standing up to Mandy, in such a brazen fashion is HUGE.

Basically what Chi is doing, is finding the biggest kid on the playground and sucker punching them, either she gets away with it, or she gets a beating but is known as the person who was brave and strong enough to actually pick a fight with someone so powerful. Then again she might just be over estimating her own abilities, but really I'm guessing she's doing this knowing full well that either Him won't do anything because of Aku or if he does anything she'll still be known for picking a fight with Him.

So in short, no matter what happens at this point, aside from Aku intervening completely, Chi will have had established her own identity in the underworld the extends beyond simply living in her father's shadow, and isn't that what every ego-maniac wants, to be remembered for their actions and not their father's money/power?

Edit: After all, even Demongo basically refers to her as "Aku's Daughter" and I bet that's what most people view her as. That must be maddening for her... Once this fight goes down, win or lose, she'll be "Chi, the girl who went two rounds in the ring with Him." or at the very least "The girl who stood up to Him", which puts the focus more on her as opposed to her father in the case of "Aku's Daughter".

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Pyre wrote:But that's the point really. Chi knows she can't beat Him, but even standing up to Him, just like Junior standing up to Mandy, in such a brazen fashion is HUGE.

Basically what Chi is doing, is finding the biggest kid on the playground and sucker punching them, either she gets away with it, or she gets a beating but is known as the person who was brave and strong enough to actually pick a fight with someone so powerful. Then again she might just be over estimating her own abilities, but really I'm guessing she's doing this knowing full well that either Him won't do anything because of Aku or if he does anything she'll still be known for picking a fight with Him.

So in short, no matter what happens at this point, aside from Aku intervening completely, Chi will have had established her own identity in the underworld the extends beyond simply living in her father's shadow, and isn't that what every ego-maniac wants, to be remembered for their actions and not their father's money/power?

Edit: After all, even Demongo basically refers to her as "Aku's Daughter" and I bet that's what most people view her as. That must be maddening for her... Once this fight goes down, win or lose, she'll be "Chi, the girl who went two rounds in the ring with Him." or at the very least "The girl who stood up to Him", which puts the focus more on her as opposed to her father in the case of "Aku's Daughter".

Yes, but in this case, the phrase "bashing the balrog" comes to mind. Chi goes up against Him, Chi loses, Chi is mosly likely dead. to paraprase the song,
"You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Him."
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby sinistra-sundown » Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 pm

You know, HIM's body doesn't seem to be much more robust than a human body, since his claw could be cut off just like that. So wouldn't a headshot kill HIM? In that case Chi would be in the dominant position here.

Although he could kick the gun out of her grasp with ease or something like that, so I'm not saying by any means that he's being helpless right now.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm

sinistra-sundown wrote:You know, HIM's body doesn't seem to be much more robust than a human body, since his claw could be cut off just like that. So wouldn't a headshot kill HIM? In that case Chi would be in the dominant position here.

Him survived the equivalent of a tactical nuke. I don't think a head shot is going to do anything.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm

for some reason I feel like Aku is going to appear right between them and demand what is going on
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
sinistra-sundown wrote:You know, HIM's body doesn't seem to be much more robust than a human body, since his claw could be cut off just like that. So wouldn't a headshot kill HIM? In that case Chi would be in the dominant position here.

Him survived the equivalent of a tactical nuke. I don't think a head shot is going to do anything.

Remember that Him's claw got cut off by a holy sword or blade, w/e it was.

Also, are my posts really that negligible? T.T
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

Remember that Him's claw got cut off by a holy sword or blade, w/e it was.

Also, are my posts really that negligible? T.T

Which is a Holy Sword, not a nuke. There is a difference as weapons of light damages sources of evil, verses neutral weapons. In which I mean that the Redeemer's blade was blessed with divinity and righteousness, Hoss' nuke wasn't.

And I have no idea what you are talking about in the second part. Every once and a while, people's posts get overlooked. Even mine.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Which is a Holy Sword, not a nuke. There is a difference as weapons of light damages sources of evil, verses neutral weapons. In which I mean that the Redeemer's blade was blessed with divinity and righteousness, Hoss' nuke wasn't.

And I have no idea what you are talking about in the second part. Every once and a while, people's posts get overlooked. Even mine.

I was siding with you here, about Him being able to survive a headshot.

I just get annoyed when I mention something and someone else brings it up later on as if it wasn't mentioned earlier. Like when I mentioned Him assuming Mandy is taking care of Mimi or the possibility of Aku intervening. ofc, I could just be narcissistic and childish atm.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh dude, this reminds me. There is totally the possibility of Him assuming Mandy is taking care of Mimi or the possibility of Aku intervening.

Just messing with you. It happens though. People fail to read, fail to think, fail at intelligence.
Mercypostle

Postby pandabear » Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 pm

So, it looks like Mimi was never there. The black and white / grey sections are just the "imagination" of Chi in her mind on how it should be when HIM and Mimi arrives.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 13, 2013 7:43 pm

pandabear wrote:So, it looks like Mimi was never there. The black and white / grey sections are just the "imagination" of Chi in her mind on how it should be when HIM and Mimi arrives.
I was more on the side of them being memories from when they actually happened 'before'. Which would lead me to the conclusion that Him and Mimi usually come here often and in a pair.

After all, she seems to be all gussied up for that very fact.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Oh dude, this reminds me. There is totally the possibility of Him assuming Mandy is taking care of Mimi or the possibility of Aku intervening.

Just messing with you. It happens though. People fail to read, fail to think, fail at intelligence.

lol, thanks for that

This also got me thinking, someone mentioned this a few pages ago, the Shadowkhan being part of Aku and/or Chi's army. Anyone else notice the lack of security around Chi? Demongo doesn't seem to have the ability to protect Chi if needed, Aku would put guards around something or someone he finds precious. If guards just jump out of nowhere to intervene on Aku's behalf, it would give Him a reason to just ignore Chi and move on.
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)