Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 11, 2013 7:27 am

Why would you want any of them to come to life?
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sat May 11, 2013 1:00 pm

I thinking bringing a creepypasta to life would be catastrophic, especially bringing SCP to life
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Rival » Sun May 12, 2013 1:07 pm

I need to stop sticking to English language sites so much. I kept reading that today is Mother's Day and had to double recheck that I did not mess up and it's still 2 weeks away for me.
Last edited by Rival on Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Same problem for me.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Randori wrote:I thinking bringing a creepypasta to life would be catastrophic, especially bringing SCP to life

Slenderman. Thats all I have to say.
F U Im evil

Postby Exodis » Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Screw Slender man, that guy's officially an overrated meme.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Last Savior

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Kinda like the Sonic franchise.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Exodis » Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Ehhhhhhhhhh kinda, but they're getting sorta better. They're last 2 games were good. They're downfall was around the time Sonic '06 was out.

The Last Savior

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Wouldn't know. I've never played any of the games. The most contact I've ever had with the Sonic franchise is the cartoon series they had back in the 80's or 90's.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Exodis » Thu May 16, 2013 10:05 pm

I've only seen I full Sonic cartoon back when I was in Elementary. Don't remember the episode at all, but what I do remember is it's when Sonic was moving in slow-motion.

The Last Savior

Postby Asmodai » Fri May 17, 2013 6:51 pm

I thought the start of Sword Art Online was dark... But Attack on Titan takes this to a whole new level. If you're looking for an interesting fantasy anime with one of the most amazing steampunk devices I've ever seen, go watch that. I'm on ep 5 now and dear god am I depressed (in the good way).

Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 18, 2013 4:15 am

Yeah, it's on my to-watch list after I finish SAO. Which is so far pretty damn mediocre.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 18, 2013 7:33 am

The first season, and especially the start of SOA is excellent... The second session a lot less
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Sat May 18, 2013 8:07 am

The problem with Attack on Titan, is that the manga is still ongoing, and has become an unexpected hit, so they're going to have to make stuff up towards the end of the anime.
Vegedus wrote:Yeah, it's on my to-watch list after I finish SAO. Which is so far pretty damn mediocre.

Yeah it's rather overhyped. The series doesn't get better just so you know.

To be fair, everyone knows it's based on a Light Novel, so cool concept/setting, generic but decent plot and cliche characters is pretty much what I expected and what I got.
Asmodai wrote:The first season, and especially the start of SOA is excellent... The second session a lot less

SOA has only one 25 episode long season, there was only one production cycle, a change in opening theme does not automatically herald a new season.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 18, 2013 11:47 am

I always thought that the switch from SAO to ALO was a new season

I also started reading the Attack on Titan manga... It's taking a few turns I wasn't expecting, and I like that. I especially like how they didn't make Eren overly powerful after a certain event.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Rival wrote:The problem with Attack on Titan, is that the manga is still ongoing, and has become an unexpected hit, so they're going to have to make stuff up towards the end of the anime.

Fuck, I thought it was an original thing.

To be fair, everyone knows it's based on a Light Novel, so cool concept/setting

And I don't even like the setting. Or, I mean, I think the MMO/virtual reality thing is interesting, but they're not doing anything with it. It's like a generic fantasy setting where they occasionally remind you "oh, btw, we're inside a computer and we're contemporary people."

Mainly though, I didn't expect how much it would be about all the girls trying to get at the protagonists dick, and I don't care much for that stuff.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sat May 18, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Why is it a bad thing its based on a manga?
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Sat May 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Asmodai wrote:I always thought that the switch from SAO to ALO was a new season

That's understandable. In the light novel those were volumes 1-2 and 3-4 respectively. The first two volumes of light novels usually have finite stories, because it's at that point when publishers decide if to turn them into long running cash-cows, or if to cancel them.
Vegedus wrote:Mainly though, I didn't expect how much it would be about all the girls trying to get at the protagonists dick, and I don't care much for that stuff.

Ha! In a light novel adaptation you're unlikely to avoid that. Index/Railgun, Demon King Daimao, Infinite Stratos, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero are all about an incredibly bland protagonist (since the reader is supposed to easily imagine himself in that role) and 4-8 girls wanting his dick.

Keep in mind that stuff is read by mostly 13-16 year old boys who would really want girls in real life to be that interested in them. Sadly, it's not just them, I don't know if you saw /a/ during the "Colour Wars" (Demon King Daimao) or the "Country Wars" (Infinite Stratos), but it's hard to put into words, hundreds of adult men arguing over which cliche girl character deserves dick. Some of it was trolling obviously, but by my judgement not that much of it. Harem is the most popular genre of light novels, the outlandish and creative settings are there only to assist escapism.
Asmodai wrote:Why is it a bad thing its based on a manga?

The focus is not on it being manga based, it's that the manga is still ongoing. Everything you like about Attack on Titan was written by one person, Yasuko Kobayashi, once the anime staff needs to start working towards the ending and/or runs out of material, they'll have to come up with their own stuff which is very likely not going to blend well with the rest of the story before it or will feel subpar compared to what the manga author will come up with in the manga.

The one often cited exception to that rule of thumb, is the first FMA anime (the one before Brotherhood), but even on that I personally disagree, since I didn't like the stuff Bones came up with, most people liked it though.

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Soul Eater is a weird example. It was a very abrupt ending, sure, but there was some cool stuff, animation especially, in there, like    Maka turning into a weapon-meister hybrid... And then the fight was won, against a seemingly immortal foe... By a friendship punch of the heart. Wut.   
Rival wrote:I don't know if you saw /a/ during the "Colour Wars" (Demon King Daimao) or the "Country Wars" (Infinite Stratos), but it's hard to put into words, hundreds of adult men arguing over which cliche girl character deserves dick.

Nope. I know nothing of light novels and don't frequent 4chan often. But yeah, shipping wars, brrrrrr.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Vegedus wrote:Soul Eater is a weird example. It was a very abrupt ending, sure, but there was some cool stuff, animation especially, in there, like    Maka turning into a weapon-meister hybrid... And then the fight was won, against a seemingly immortal foe... By a friendship punch of the heart. Wut.   

Well, to be fair,    how else were they meant to win against a seemingly immortal foe? If they'd won by overpowering him somehow, it would also be bullshit, whilst the whole friendship heart feelings thing had been shown to work before against madness, like with maka and crona.   
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 18, 2013 5:33 pm

There's a number of ways you can defeat and "unbeatable" foe. The shounen genre has it down to a science, pretty much. There's willpower, friendship/power of the heart, everybody give me your power, large beam showdown, self-sacrifice, deus ex machina and more. The thing was the episode showed multiple of these, several times I was like "THIS will end the fight", and then it didn't. Which is a cool enough way of heightening the tension, but then they picked the lamest, most captain planet-y way of ending the fight and it just made it anti-climatic for me. Our combined power couldn't do it, but heart + mary sue can, yay!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've watched it, but for me, while the method was lame, it made sense to me. He sure as hell wasn't weak physically. Maka's    special djinn strike thingy could have done it I suppose, since it's apparently quite rare,    and the self-sacrifice idea would have been more believable, and cool, but the idea that fighting Asura in that way worked for me. Although, I suppose, considering the whole magic demon weapons thing, and shounen, I should be able to throw that out the window and agree with you.    Hell, they turned Death City into a battle mech,    a mildly unrealistic win should be okay.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 18, 2013 6:36 pm

"Unrealistic", heh
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah...Just saw the hypocrisy there.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Archrival » Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 pm

This why I like One Piece....
SUPPPAAAHHH

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing