New Grim Tales Comic: "Wanna go? Let's go!"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat May 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
KrisEike wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
KrisEike wrote:How did HIM lose a claw..?

Try reading the whole comic.

I have. Now please explain how?

Mimi chopped it off when Him had Jr capture. It is the page before Limbo area.

No, it was the redeemer.
Not Space Jesus

Postby silvercover » Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 pm

hey, now that I look at it again, im now almost sure him is really goading chi.
notice his last speech bubble before chi shot his hat? well he either made a poor choice of words or he was really dragging it out.

then again though, his eyes doesnt look like he's in his manipulative/planning mode... maybe he really just used the wrong words if he wants chi out of it. I would think he'd have be smirking and not have a glimpse of his eyes and instead just his shades if he was planning to do this.

man bleedman is really good at making it difficult to properly judge the characters actions/personality. like how you all thought chi was just hot air but now just looking at what she did here shows she's not someone to be trifled with.
not only shooting him, but also noticing how him lost his claw... pretty sure most of us thought she'd just ignore that detail and keep on harassing him for mimi's whereabouts.
Romance Expert

Postby Drago2552 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:23 pm

DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

She got some guts pulling a gun on Him. Also what an accurate shoot knocked the hat right off and looked sexy doing it. I love Chi even more now but still i want to see her fighting style.

Postby Sigmas » Sat May 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, well. The girl's packing heat...
ari-6 wrote:My guess would be Chi will spy on her fathers meeting to get the information she wants which may call for another costume change.

I was thinking the same thing.
CrimsonRaine wrote:It's cowardly to shoot a man in the back.
Technically, she shot the brim of His hat, above His head.
This is interesting, though... I (as well as others) thought Him would use Chi's relationship with Mimi to get her to charge Castle Grim and do what Mimi could not: obtain the Horror's Hand.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:07 pm

I wonder if Him is going to repair his claw or is it stuck like that because an angle cut it off.

I would have been more funny if Chi used a Star Wars gun when she shot at Him. WE MUST SEE NEW COSTUMES!

Postby IcyBoomer » Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 pm

I have a strong feeling that next chapter, we'll be seeing a quick-draw match. I mean seriously look at what Him's wearing, it all just has to lead up to it.
Darkness is Light

Postby daviso452 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:36 am

Whatever happened to Jr.'s scythe? Does HIM still have it and Jr. just got a new one? Does Jr.'s nergal Scythe have the same powers as his normal scythe?

Postby Deadpool94 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:44 am

Oooooo. Jim's in trouble.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:No, it was the redeemer.

The issue was resolve Doctor, along with a provided page link. I suggest you knock this off before a problem starts.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun May 12, 2013 1:28 am

daviso452 wrote:Whatever happened to Jr.'s scythe? Does HIM still have it and Jr. just got a new one? Does Jr.'s nergal Scythe have the same powers as his normal scythe?

Jr's scythe? I do not believe junior really ever had a scythe of his own in lou of his lack of reaper powers ( they haven't really awakened yet as far as i can tell) unless you count the nergal scythe weapon
( nergal symbiosis perk ). I believe the scythe you're recollecting is the one that was summoned up for minnie in her Angered state while she was under HiM's spell (or whatever, voodoo magic, who gives a hoot (don't pollute)).

... On a different note
i can't quote the other individual who brought this up in lou of my post being via my phone and whats not (laziness mind you)
I'm pretty sure HIM couldn't simply re-attach his claw like Mimi can since his is (was (well, he still has one so ( yeah ))) biologically attached. There is a possibilty that he could've surgically reattach it but but maybe he decided it was time for an upgrade in lou of his predicament (yes, i use "in lou of" alot, and i am sorry for that).

But it in ALL legitimacy, i believe HIM can't reattach his original hand (claw) in lou of the fact "redeemer" cut it off. I'd like to think since cutting off hands was really kind of his shindig his "holy" act of removing one's hand((s) he has yet to take both the hands of an individual as far as i know) ( i guess for a symbolic act of mercy or denying a sinner the means to do harm or unholy actions (idk)) prevents the original from ever being able to be reattached by any means. (probably just the holy'ness of the sword tho' )....

Sorry for rambling. I'm done.. For now.... Still need to post something relevant to this paticular page of the comic.........
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby DarkKing » Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 am

I was wondering is there a limit to the things Mimi can materialize? For example could she make something like a bomb or a fighter jet or other stuff like that?
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Sigmas » Sun May 12, 2013 2:06 am

YesterdaysLingo wrote:
daviso452 wrote:Whatever happened to Jr.'s scythe? Does HIM still have it and Jr. just got a new one? Does Jr.'s nergal Scythe have the same powers as his normal scythe?

Jr's scythe? I do not believe junior really ever had a scythe of his own in lou of his lack of reaper powers ( they haven't really awakened yet as far as i can tell) unless you count the nergal scythe weapon
( nergal symbiosis perk ). I believe the scythe you're recollecting is the one that was summoned up for minnie in her Angered state while she was under HiM's spell (or whatever, voodoo magic, who gives a hoot (don't pollute)).

Yes, he probably is referring to the summoned scythe seen in Jr.'s scuffle with Him, although we did see another scythe when the comic first began (a page that took place after Jr. fought Him).
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=2
I get so nostalgic when I think of when these comics were just getting started...
Anyways, judging from the Chapter cover art...
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=239
...Jr. has, at this point, become even more connected with the Nergal inside of him. We already knew that Nergals can forge weapons out of their bodies to suit their needs, and now Jr. can apparently forge a scythe out of his Nergal symbiote. I gotta say... I'm truly excited to see if it can do more in combat than a Reaper scythe...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Sun May 12, 2013 2:34 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:

Yes, he probably is referring to the summoned scythe seen in Jr.'s scuffle with Him, although we did see another scythe when the comic first began (a page that took place after Jr. fought Him).
I get so nostalgic when I think of when these comics were just getting started...
Anyways, judging from the Chapter cover art...
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=239
...Jr. has, at this point, become even more connected with the Nergal inside of him. We already knew that Nergals can forge weapons out of their bodies to suit their needs, and now Jr. can apparently forge a scythe out of his Nergal symbiote. I gotta say... I'm truly excited to see if it can do more in combat than a Reaper scythe...

It does not matter what kind of scythe Jr. use since he is a reaper he can reap souls with any kind of weapon as long as he can hit his target.

Postby RasenOo » Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 am

I still think HIM is goading Chi. My crazy specualtion is that Chi's gonna try and "save" Mimi and try to get her out of castle grimskull, she gets captured herself and then.....(^_____^) AKU GOES BERSERK!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun May 12, 2013 3:21 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:although we did see another scythe when the comic first began (a page that took place after Jr. fought Him).

My hat's off to you good sir, I'd forgotten that detail.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 am

Finally, a Aku appearance is right around the corner.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby silvercover » Sun May 12, 2013 5:27 am

time to speculah.
next chapter, aku will appear to prevent him from striking his daughter... then he will scold/slap her himself for being rude(I doubt a slap, considering how much pampering she gets). chi will probably get sent to her room, but she'll try to sneak around and spy on them using her shape shifting powers.
Romance Expert

Postby KrisEike » Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 am

Blood Lord wrote:Someone is asking for an ass kicking.

TheMadDoctor wrote:Try reading the whole comic.

Provide people with the correcting information next time you do this. Makes you look less of a jerk.

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Mimi chopped it off when Him had Jr capture. It is the page before Limbo area.

I suggest you follow the counsel MadDoc gave and read the comic again.

KrisEike wrote:Ah, thanks. Do you know the page number?

Seriously though. Read the comic next time and see if you can't find the answer yourself. There isn't a problem asking questions about stuff though, just keep in mind that some members have sticks up there butts.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=113

Thanks!
I was looking trough the comic the other day but found nothing so i decided to ask here instead. Thanks for the page number :)

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
I support a Jr. & Mimi couple. Mimi is a hot badass girl( even without the Her essence) and has shown kinda good feelings toward Jr. Jr has been protective of Mimi since he left Mimi's Limbo playground. And Minnie just deal with this, go find a new guy and go to heaven. i don't want you trying to kill Mimi or Jr. She might try to, Minnie has gotten very darker.

Minnie i don't like incise, and you are being more like Mandy. A complete bitch who is scarier than hell. Wouldn't be surprised if you became worse than Mandy.

Chi i don't like you that much right now, and Mimi has been here longer. Not against lesbians, just i have been supporting a Jr. & Mimi couple for a long time now. Chi you are awesome so far, and were the h*ll did you get that gun from. You are wearing a two piece with cloth, and we didn't see it tucked away anywhere.

Personal ?: Did anyone get the Chaos reference in the signature

I also agree the Junior x Mimi relationship. Chi x Mimi is more fun if it is one sided, that Mimi sees her as BFF and Chi sees Mimi as lover (Yandere again). I also don't like incest and I hope that if Django is going to appear in the comic Minnie should be with him. Django also is a skeleton so... and he also is some anti-hero type like El Tigre.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 12, 2013 8:54 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:
I support a Jr. & Mimi couple. Mimi is a hot badass girl( even without the Her essence) and has shown kinda good feelings toward Jr. Jr has been protective of Mimi since he left Mimi's Limbo playground. And Minnie just deal with this, go find a new guy and go to heaven. i don't want you trying to kill Mimi or Jr. She might try to, Minnie has gotten very darker.

Minnie i don't like incise, and you are being more like Mandy. A complete bitch who is scarier than hell. Wouldn't be surprised if you became worse than Mandy.

Chi i don't like you that much right now, and Mimi has been here longer. Not against lesbians, just i have been supporting a Jr. & Mimi couple for a long time now. Chi you are awesome so far, and were the h*ll did you get that gun from. You are wearing a two piece with cloth, and we didn't see it tucked away anywhere.

Personal ?: Did anyone get the Chaos reference in the signature

I also agree the Junior x Mimi relationship. Chi x Mimi is more fun if it is one sided, that Mimi sees her as BFF and Chi sees Mimi as lover (Yandere again). I also don't like incest and I hope that if Django is going to appear in the comic Minnie should be with him. Django also is a skeleton so... and he also is some anti-hero type like El Tigre.

I seriously doubt that it would be as simple as another skeleton boy shows up and Minnie falls in love with that person. Minnie's jealousy has made her a darker character than she ever was before. What scares me is, that if she gets consumed by jealousy, she'll end up trying to kill Junior, like she attempted before (although it was partly Him's doing). I'm more inclined to see the Jr./Mimi couple because I don't like the idea of incest and necrophilia in one couple. Also, if Bleedman decides to do the Jr/Mimi couple, it will have the benefit of a more violent and comedic love triangle, as I expect it to be used for Minnie to occasionally behead Junior's skull when she gets irritated when Junior shows affection to Mimi.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun May 12, 2013 10:57 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I seriously doubt that it would be as simple as another skeleton boy shows up and Minnie falls in love with that person. Minnie's jealousy has made her a darker character than she ever was before. What scares me is, that if she gets consumed by jealousy, she'll end up trying to kill Junior, like she attempted before (although it was partly Him's doing). I'm more inclined to see the Jr./Mimi couple because I don't like the idea of incest and necrophilia in one couple. Also, if Bleedman decides to do the Jr/Mimi couple, it will have the benefit of a more violent and comedic love triangle, as I expect it to be used for Minnie to occasionally behead Junior's skull when she gets irritated when Junior shows affection to Mimi.

Of course it won't be love at first sight, but maybe she can fall for him. In a fanfic of mine, Django is the grandson of Sartana of the Dead and Death (from Adventure Time) and rule over The Land of Dead. Django flees and teams up with Grim Jr. and they become good friends. Minnie would then eventually fall for Django instead because Junior is with Mimi.

And if you like Mina Harper, please vote for her on this poll! http://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com/jour ... l/3668747/ She will be included in the NickToons fighting game (not a real one though)
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:I seriously doubt that it would be as simple as another skeleton boy shows up and Minnie falls in love with that person. Minnie's jealousy has made her a darker character than she ever was before. What scares me is, that if she gets consumed by jealousy, she'll end up trying to kill Junior, like she attempted before (although it was partly Him's doing). I'm more inclined to see the Jr./Mimi couple because I don't like the idea of incest and necrophilia in one couple. Also, if Bleedman decides to do the Jr/Mimi couple, it will have the benefit of a more violent and comedic love triangle, as I expect it to be used for Minnie to occasionally behead Junior's skull when she gets irritated when Junior shows affection to Mimi.

Of course it won't be love at first sight, but maybe she can fall for him. In a fanfic of mine, Django is the grandson of Sartana of the Dead and Death (from Adventure Time) and rule over The Land of Dead. Django flees and teams up with Grim Jr. and they become good friends. Minnie would then eventually fall for Django instead because Junior is with Mimi.

Yes, of course it wouldn't be love at first sight. But I seriously doubt it would work like that just because Jr is already preferring Mimi. I honestly prefer the conflict between Mimi and Minnie because of the humor it creates. If either one won, then it would dramatically change the overall outlook on all three characters.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:

Yes, of course it wouldn't be love at first sight. But I seriously doubt it would work like that just because Jr is already preferring Mimi. I honestly prefer the conflict between Mimi and Minnie because of the humor it creates. If either one won, then it would dramatically change the overall outlook on all three characters.

Yah the love conflicts are what makes this comic funny, and Chi will probably be the Minnie for Mimi. Lusting for her but being ignored by her since she is hopefully going to be Jr's girlfriend. :love: :love:
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm

hmm speaking of all this i totally forgot... Askura you owe me a dozen donuts for proving you that Chi is in need of a spanking :grin:
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Nina333 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:33 am

I thought Him would freely give Chi the information on Mimi's current predicament so Chi would go to the Grim castle and get Mimi for him. But, he appears to want to keep what happened to Mimi a sercret. Chi has guts for standing up to Him. She was possibly trying to glean some information to Mimi's wereabouts when asking about Him's claw if she thinks his damaged claw has anything to do with Mimi missing. She is probally going to get slapped or something worse from Him in the next update.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!