New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Why can't be Mordor be a realm of the underworld at least?
Well, simply put: Because Mordor wasn't ever in the underworld and Sauron was never a Ruler of a plane of darkness.

While both instances were close, even to the extent of 'Hell on Earth,' it wasn't literal.

Not as literal as ACTUAL hells, shown in GT.

Aku City was never supposed to be a plane of darkness. Yet, here it is in GT.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Why can't be Mordor be a realm of the underworld at least?
Well, simply put: Because Mordor wasn't ever in the underworld and Sauron was never a Ruler of a plane of darkness.

While both instances were close, even to the extent of 'Hell on Earth,' it wasn't literal.

Not as literal as ACTUAL hells, shown in GT.

Aku City was never supposed to be a plane of darkness. Yet, here it is in GT.

Who says the future world from the TV show and Aku city are one and the same place? I always got the feeling that in the TV world, Aku 'wile influencing and ruling the world, did not have a specific; stable place he could be found (If he did, one would think Jack would have headed to it as soon as he got to the future, and Aku would have mostly stayed there, where he would be best protected.)
And again, if there was a Tolkein underworld it wouldn't be Mordor. As I mentioned, pretty much all of the LOTR third age world is a smaller, lesser, paler imitation of the First Age one. Sauron is a smaller weaker evil than Melkor/Morgoth (and LOTR Sauron is a much weaker entity than he was in the First age as well, every time he came back, he came back with a lot less power). Gigantic as Gwahir the Eagle is, he isn't even as large as the smallest First age eagle and would be a mere speck compared to Thorondor (Thorondors wingspan was said to be about 180 ft) Terrifying as Shelob is, she is microscopic compared to her mother Ungolient. So if there was a "hell" in middle earth it wouldn't be Mordor, it would be Angband and or Utumno,and Sauron isn't the Lord of Darkness, Morgoth is. If you take someones world as canon for a universe, you have to take ALL of it, not just the bits you like. If Mordor exists in the GT world, then so does Aman. If Sauron is real, then so are Manwe, Orome, Yavanna, Nienna and all of the rest of the Valar and Maiar. And since GT takes place in the modern world, it also means we are in the Fourth age, post LOTR, in which case Sauron isn't ruler of anything (when the ring was destroyed Sauron didn't due. He's a Maiar, a minor god, he can't die as we undersatand it. He just now so weakened that his fea (basically soul) no longer posses the power to make a new hroa (body) same as Saruman (another maiar) and without one, he can't do ANYTHING. Grim may wear many hats (I'm fairly sure that in the GT universe for example, Baron Samdei is probably Grim in another costume.) but he isn't Mandos the Doomsman. I'm stopping now, let this thread return to topic.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 pm

tl;dr

NEW PAGE BROS.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)