New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 08, 2013 9:06 am

Which isn't being discussed right now.

Postby silvercover » Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 am

its not unwarranted since that is currently what we're seeing right now and not "him's great plot to rule the underworld" for now.
doesnt mean you cant discuss about other things though, you just need to learn to ignore some posts and make another topic, people will respond if they feel like it/have something to say about your topic of choice.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 08, 2013 9:22 am

We're seeing it, but it isn't being discussed right now. Therefore that "warning" isn't needed. Mentioning it in that way just begs for it to be brought back up.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 08, 2013 10:20 am

you know i just thought of something... If Him is looking for complete dominion over all the realms of the Underworld doesn't that mean Him can't be the only one looking for the same cake? I mean one of the other lords of the realms or even a couple of lowly underlings must want to dominate all of the Underworld as much as Him right?
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Ataw » Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Actually Creed, you might be on to something. Just think about it who could it be, we all know Mandy is never satisfied with what she has, maybe she would want to rule all of the undeworld. Though Aku is a different story. In the last few pages that I've little seen of him, he looks content with just ruling his vast metropolis.
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby Havoc » Thu May 09, 2013 12:35 am

Ataw wrote:Actually Creed, you might be on to something. Just think about it who could it be, we all know Mandy is never satisfied with what she has, maybe she would want to rule all of the undeworld. Though Aku is a different story. In the last few pages that I've little seen of him, he looks content with just ruling his vast metropolis.

That is a good point. Mandy's lust for power has always been a little on the insatiable side. That being said, I don't think any of the other rulers of the underworld have any intent on total domination. I could be wrong.

By the way, I was looking through the comments on the Comic Update version of this page, and someone (I think it might have been TheMadDoctor) pointed out the fact that Him's left claw is still missing. Just thought I'd bring that up here.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 09, 2013 12:53 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:You know I just thought of something... If Him is looking for complete dominion over all the realms of the Underworld doesn't that mean Him can't be the only one looking for the same cake? I mean one of the other lords of the realms or even a couple of lowly underlings must want to dominate all of the Underworld as much as Him right?

This gave rise to three interesting ideas. I believe we have briefly touched on one of them, but this could provide a why into that. I'll just start on that one.

Remember the topic we brought up a few pages ago about Him having allies? Well, what is a popular reason to become an ally of someone? You join up with someone for protection and the promise of more power. I can see Him being in an alliance with what seems to be three of the five main Underworld Lords; Hudson and Aku/Chi. Now their motives could be different from them, but could echo along the desire for more power. Chi is going to obviously want Mimi back, so that will be her driving force. Hudson, I'm not sure about. I'm not familiar with the character. But the motives for protection or increased power would fit some minor Lords. Join Him, together dominate the Underworld, and gain more areas to control. You could go so far as to say that the events in the beginning of WHAM wasn't the first to happen either and some Lords have been forced to serve Him as a ally.

The second idea is that the Underworld is currently in the same situation as Europe was before World War 1. Everyone has alliances. Someone gets bold to attack, and all Hell breaks loose. Hmm, doesn't really go with the idea, but close to it.

The third idea in this Him is aware of this and is going to be playing off of other people to do his dirty work. Him isn't afraid to be hands on, we've seen that in the flashback and in the situation with Minnie and Jr. But Him has left the impression on me that he is more of a agent of chaos where he pushes a piece into play and sits back to watch the chain reaction happen. I would suspect that if Him does have a plan, and this is the beginning of the plan, that there are more elements coming into play as well and that this could be one of them.

I can see a potential plan being to stir up as much trouble as possible so that Castle Grim gets sucked into it as well, and let everyone kill each other off and take whatever is remaining. Along the same path, he could come in when it is least expected and take the battle with his own forces, or deliver a killing blow to Mandy.

There has to be some sort of artifact out there that can override the commands of death.

Havoc751 wrote:By the way, I was looking through the comments on the Comic Update version of this page, and someone (I think it might have been TheMadDoctor) pointed out the fact that Him's left claw is still missing. Just thought I'd bring that up here.

Yes? His hand hasn't grown back, and it if it wasn't clear before, it is now, that the Hand of Horror was to serve as a replacement hand as well as a powerful weapon.

Are either of you getting anything out of it? the only other thing I can get out of it is that we could narrow Mimi's capture to a matter of weeks now instead of years or months.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 09, 2013 6:53 am

Ataw wrote:Actually Creed, you might be on to something. Just think about it who could it be, we all know Mandy is never satisfied with what she has, maybe she would want to rule all of the undeworld. Though Aku is a different story. In the last few pages that I've little seen of him, he looks content with just ruling his vast metropolis.

I have no doubt about Mandy trying to take over the whole underworld. All of her actions up to that point indicate this. In my opinion this explains why Mimi is currently living as Junior's "pet" (as opposed to, say being locked up in the dungeon as a trespasser. Mandy can see that Mimi has feelings (of a sort) for Junior. If she plays her cards right and can get Junior to reciprocate those feelings enough that he ends up marrying her, Her family now has a claim to Him's throne. Then should Him die (or be eliminated) Mimi's basically has control over the next leader, a leader who (provided she keeps the guys away from her) is going to be almost totally reliant on her Prince Consort. And her Prince Consort is going to be Junior who Mandy has never had trouble dominating. This also probably explains why she wants kids with Dark Danny; as the most powerful and evil ghost around, he is likely to eventually take over the Ghost Zone. Then if he is eliminated as well (say, sucked back into the Fenton Thermos) again Mandy is now in control of another realm via children. That's 4 of 5. Getting the Nightosphere probably would not be a problem then, all Mandy would have to do is send someone in to the Nightosphere to grab Hunson's amulet (I have little doubt Mandy has many spies everwhere, and already knows the amulet is what gives Hunson his power). Hack if she bonds with the Gygas, she could send Minne to do it. Marceline might be an issue, but the fact she all but hates the Nightosphere to begin with means she might not be interested in fighting for control of it. That's five. If Hell is the sixth realm, it's leadership doesn't look so tough either (based on the image of Satan we saw with Billy) So that just leaves the mystery seventh.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:

I have no doubt about Mnady trying to take over the whole underworld. All of her actions up to that point indicate this. In my opnion this explains why Mimi is currently living as Junior's "pet" (as opposed to, say being locked up in the dungeon as a trespasser. Mnady can see that Mimi has feelings (of a sort) for Junior. If she plays her cards right and can get Junior to reciprocate those feelings enough that he ends up marrying her, Her family now has a claim to Him's throne. Then should Him die (or be eliminated) Mimi's bascially has control over the next leader, a leader who (provided she keeps the gygas away from her) is going to be almost totally relaiant on her Prince Consort. And her Prince Consort is going to be Junior who Mandy has never had trouble dominating. This also probably explains why she wants kids with Dark Danny; as the most powerful and evil ghost around, he is likey to eventually take over the Ghost Zone. Then if he is eliminated as well (say, sucked back into the Fenton Thermos) again Mandy is now in control of another realm via children. That's 4 of 5. Getting the Nightosphere probably would not be a problem then, all Mandy would have to do is send someone in to the Nightosphere to grab Hunson's amulet (I have little doubt Mandy has many spies everwhere, and already knows the amulet is what gives Hunson his power). Hack if she bonds with the Gygas, she could send Minne to do it. Marceline might be an issue, but the fact she all but hates the Nightosphere to begin with means she might not be interested in fighting for control of it. That's five. If Hell is the sixth realm, it's leadership doesn't look so tough either (based on the image of Satan we saw with Billy) So that just leaves the mystery seventh.

Not only it makes sense, but it also sounds like it can work well with the comic. I like this idea! However Junior has shown to stand up against Mandy, in defense of Mimi.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm

She still controls him. I do wonder for how long though.

That's possibly not her first plan, but probably developed when Jr wanted to keep Mimi.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Oops! I realized I didn't explain how Mandy could get control over Aku's realm. Actually that's a tricky one since we have another female ruler and Mandy only has one male child (as of this point in time). Eliminating Mimi after junior marries her (leaving him free to marry Chi) doesn't work; as prince Consort rulership doesn't stay with Junior should Mimi snuff it. So she has to stay alive for the plan I mentioned work (at least, she has to stay alive until she and junior have a child, then Mandy can bump her off). The only ways I can see Mandy working that in the plan is either Her planning to have Junior marry Mimi AND Chi (i.e. that polygamy is permissable in the underworld) or she is counting on one of her kids with Dark Danny being male (it is in Afterbirth, but that is, of course, no longer canon). One other plan works, but it is really tenuous, Mandy plans to somehow eliminate Aku AND Chi and let the leadship of the realm fall to Mimi (if Blossom really IS Chi's mother, and Aku has no other kids, Mimi might actually be the next living realitive if Chi was to die.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 pm

You could have Minnie and Chi as well if you are plotting it out.

But I don't think Mandy is thinking that far ahead or along this sort of a track. She aims to have collected power under her, rule by might and not by association. For her, and in general, dominion would be better gained and held if you have the power to take it and hold it than if you have puppet leaders to control areas. Even if they are her kids and family, those ties can deteriorate and Mandy would find herself at the end of the rope. The method you are describing seems more in line with the games Him likes to play manipulation, deception and from the shadows. Mandy has a degree in that field as well, but we've seen that she doesn't want to be in the shadows. She likes power. Power by fear which comes only by being in the open.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:she is counting on one of her kids with Dark Danny being male (it is in Afterbirth, but that is, of course, no longer canon).

Which would guess that the idea of the ghost kids are also no longer considered canon either.

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I sure wish that those concepts weren't an intrinsic part of the story's existence.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby silvercover » Thu May 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Which would guess that the idea of the ghost kids are also no longer considered canon either.

doubt it, mandy's still pregnant with dark danny's kid/s.

btw his theory also does somewhat supplement the idea for the twins.
I mean when you look at it, assuming we have those two again, manny could be with chi if we really push his theory, while also making a path potentially for control of the ghost zone, assuming the warden has a son like the other rulers.
but yeah, making minnie take chi would make a bit more sense as of recently.
well, assuming this is her plan which doesnt really suit her...

oh yeah, forgot to say that mandy's plan could be a long term one instead of immediate.
she could be raising her children to eventually help her take control. it is quite a wonder why she's doing all of those. doesnt seem like its just for sex for her, otherwise why keep the children? and why does it always seem to be powerful individuals...
Last edited by silvercover on Thu May 09, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 pm

silvercover wrote:doubt it, mandy's still pregnant with dark danny's kid/s.

Are you so sure? There are some pages that could indicate it, but with the termination of AfterBirth we don't know the range of non-canon issues. Because you could say that there are some pages that came out that indicate otherwise.

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Been trying to talk substantially with Dave, he says we might be able to put AB up. So it might just go from zero to canon pretty quick.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby silvercover » Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

um... I thought that GT was already heading into a new direction, different from the path of AB? cause there's chi, and also seems like minnie's not just going to remain the same from what him's essence is trying to do.

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm

BeeAre wrote:Been trying to talk substantially with Dave, he says we might be able to put AB up. So it might just go from zero to canon pretty quick.

That's good and bad at the same time. The good thing is that it's nice to know that Dave might be the necromancer of the Afterbirth cannon (speaking of necromancer it would be nice to hear about Sauron the Dark Lord in this comic), but it's also bad to know that you might not have as much to work with. I like the ghost kids, but I also don't like the idea that it will be a reason why it still has taken Junior like, I dunno, ten years to master his nergal powers. I mean come on we just got Junior and his Nergal half to work together now, we can't suddenly just add another 10 years to that and have a self-exile now can we!? It's possible to add the ghost twins without the AB chapter going cannon.
Last edited by MERASMUS! on Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby silvercover » Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Also, I think AB could use a bit more tweaking to work better. Maybe add some more scenes to it since it felt like there we're some blanks.

Oh, and also a lot of people have probably already read it.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: GRAMMAR. USE IT NOW.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Fuck it. I take back what I was going to say. I'm tired, so fucking tired right now of all of the shit that is going on in these threads.

Postby Havoc » Thu May 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Yes? His hand hasn't grown back, and it if it wasn't clear before, it is now, that the Hand of Horror was to serve as a replacement hand as well as a powerful weapon.

That does make sense. But this whole thing with his claw getting cut off, makes me question his conquest over the heroes in Megaville. I mean if the Redeemer could sever Him's claw like that, than what could have stopped him from cutting his head off? It seems like killing Him couldn't have been that hard. So how come a whole of heroes, died by his hand...um claw? Unless he wasn't alone, that's all I can come up with.

BeeAre wrote:Been trying to talk substantially with Dave, he says we might be able to put AB up. So it might just go from zero to canon pretty quick.

The key word here being "might". So I assume it's not set in stone, right? I agree with silvercover. If After Birth were to come out now, more than likely, it would need to be tweaked a bit, in order to include certain events.

Blood Lord wrote:Fuck it. I take back what I was going to say. I'm tired, so fucking tired right now of all of the shit that is going on in these threads.

Sweet baby Jesus on a stick! What's gotten into you? :unsure:
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri May 10, 2013 2:26 am

Havoc751 wrote:Sweet baby Jesus on a stick! What's gotten into you? :unsure:
Sensory overload I would guess.

And not the good kind.
Havoc751 wrote:The key word here being "might". So I assume it's not set in stone, right? I agree with silvercover. If After Birth were to come out now, more than likely, it would need to be tweaked a bit, in order to include certain events.
Expanding on this a bit: If Afterbirth became Canon, that would mean the Kids would be considered Canon, right?

I never actually read AB myself out of spite so I don't know a lot of shit about it, but if it DOES become canon, is there anything that will effect the story directly? Was there any talk of Him or Aku in AB?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri May 10, 2013 7:32 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:speaking of necromancer it would be nice to hear about Sauron the Dark Lord in this comic

This comic already has so many sources, I REALLY don't think adding in the Tolkien Legenderium is a good idea (Via Billy and Mandy, we already have the Lovecraftian Mythos cycle as reality in this world). Though it might be funny in some points. Mandy going toe to to with Sauron (who am I kidding, Mandy being Mandy she'd want to go toe to to with Melkor). Grim's Cerberus taking on Carcaroth, Marceline with Thuringwethil's shaping cloak (yes, I am such a Tolkien nerd I automatically think in terms of Silmarillon evens as opposed to Lord of the Rings ones). But ultimatey it would be too much. If Tolkein gets added into this comic it will literally be Daor Dagorath.
Last edited by BeeAre on Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: i didn't say that, look at your quote code correctly so i don't have to fix it for you.

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:speaking of necromancer it would be nice to hear about Sauron the Dark Lord in this comic

This comic already has so many sources, I REALLY don't think adding in the Tolkien Legenderium is a good idea (Via Billy and Mandy, we already have the Lovecraftian Mythos cycle as reality in this world). Though it might be funny in some points. Mandy going toe to to with Sauron (who am I kidding, Mandy being Mandy she'd want to go toe to to with Melkor). Grim's Cerberus taking on Carcaroth, Marceline with Thuringwethil's shaping cloak (yes, I am such a Tolkien nerd I automatically think in terms of Silmarillon evens as opposed to Lord of the Rings ones). But ultimatey it would be too much. If Tolkein gets added into this comic it will literally be Daor Dagorath.

Why can't be Mordor be a realm of the underworld at least?

Postby Birdofterror » Fri May 10, 2013 11:10 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:Why can't be Mordor be a realm of the underworld at least?
Well, simply put: Because Mordor wasn't ever in the underworld and Sauron was never a Ruler of a plane of darkness.

While both instances were close, even to the extent of 'Hell on Earth,' it wasn't literal.

Not as literal as ACTUAL hells, shown in GT.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)