Quiz time

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Quiz time

Postby Tuor » Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:I thought you were an anthropology major.

Ya, it's a Bachelor of Arts.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Screw it, I'm taking the test again...

Edit: I got 12/13... I got the "fracking" question wrong... again.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

Tuor wrote:
Whatis6times9 wrote:I thought you were an anthropology major.

Ya, it's a Bachelor of Arts.

It's still a soft science.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 am

Mkay
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Rival » Wed May 08, 2013 5:17 am

Whatis is right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_science

Even if you ignore the term soft science as being purely colloquial, Anthropology is a social science academically.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_sci ... thropology
Randori wrote:I got the "fracking" question wrong... again.

Pretty masochistic of you to announce that.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Tuor » Wed May 08, 2013 5:26 am

My "mkay" was genuine. I'd never heard of "soft" science before.

I guess to clarify, on the last page when I said "I'm not majoring in anything science" I meant any "hard" science.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Wed May 08, 2013 6:55 am

You shouldn't be proud of any result less than 12/13. No matter what you major in, this stuff is high-school level.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Grey » Wed May 08, 2013 7:03 am

>2013
>not knowing what fracking is

plebs
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Rival » Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 am

Grey wrote:plebs

Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Tuor » Wed May 08, 2013 9:01 am

Q.U. wrote:You shouldn't be proud of any result less than 12/13. No matter what you major in, this stuff is high-school level.

oops
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 am

I actually never knew what fracking was. And if you say this is high school level science... well then fuck.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Q.U. » Wed May 08, 2013 9:27 am

Randori wrote:I actually never knew what fracking was. And if you say this is high school level science... well then fuck.

Q.U. wrote:any result less than 12/13

Q.U. wrote:The only question that could have been difficult to people would be the fracking one.

You get 2/13 on reading comprehension.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Exodis » Wed May 08, 2013 9:49 am

Awww...

The Kid

Postby Comic Kitten » Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 am

Q.U. wrote:You shouldn't be proud of any result less than 12/13. No matter what you major in, this stuff is high-school level.

I disagree... I learned most of this stuff from personal research. However, I do live in Utah, and we're the lowest-funded state (concerning education) in the country... So I guess that makes my case invalid :P
Meow.

Postby Vegedus » Wed May 08, 2013 1:28 pm

It's true it's highschool level... But I don't remember most things taught in high school.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby noxux » Thu May 09, 2013 8:03 pm

False this is no High School level I'm in HighSchool and they haven't teach me any of this stuff I get my answers by watching the discovery channel. And if they teach it then my school sucks in education level
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

1,2,3,6,8,9,10,11 are high school.
4,5,7 are elementary or middle.
12 and 13 are if you pay attention to the news in America.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 09, 2013 8:46 pm

question for cutting edge newbs: how fast is spooky action at a distance?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grey » Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

that shit confuses me so hard
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:52 pm

That's definitely college level stuff, or if you watch alot of the science channel.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Thu May 09, 2013 8:52 pm

isn't it basically instantaneous?

but wouldn't it be mad hard to recognise any delay because it would be so minor anyway?
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Grey wrote:that shit confuses me so hard

it is confusing shit.

but the minor delay does happen over a quantifiable timescale as compared to light in a vacuum, so 10000 times the speed of light is the current clocking.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grey » Thu May 09, 2013 8:58 pm

also i just took this test again

i gotta say that this is high school level shit, but only if you really paid attention in high school science. i don't blame people at all for not knowing some of these things, but they are things you can work out logically: like the example of a chemical reaction question or the one about sunscreen. i'm not even a science buff by any means. i find it kinda interesting but i abandoned the study of science at the age of 16, but i still got 13/13. i just took it again to remind myself of the questions and i found myself thinking about them again because i forgot them and i'm stoned, but i still got 13/13. this isn't a hard test, but i think that's why it's good for testing an all-round knowledge of various scientific fields. it's a test of uncommon knowledge.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu May 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:12 and 13 are if you pay attention to the news in America.

Who the hell watches news with a bunch of bias in it? Even your local news is a turd.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby noxux » Thu May 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:1,2,3,6,8,9,10,11 are high school.
4,5,7 are elementary or middle.
12 and 13 are if you pay attention to the news in America.

I´m finishing 8th and going to start 9th and still nothing
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!