Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - 1 SPOT LEFT!!!)

Postby Draken30000 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:39 pm

And bond with your....apprentice......XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes... Apprentice.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 10, 2013 7:41 pm

I have Ro, Zel, and Scrambles waiting on me. Have I forgotten anyone else?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 12:46 am

Bam, done. I do need QuickSliver back at some point, but he's on his own time schedule for this.

I'm going to need to do a roll call or something and contact players. Remind them that this is still active.

Postby BG07 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 am

I'm still here, just kinda dragging my feet

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:23 am

I'm...not reliable right now.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 am

Try to get back into the game then. Once everyone is ready we are going to have some fun.

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm

I like fun. Fun is fun. How do you want me to enter with Zha'Gren? As discussed?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah. that should work.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Name: leadoreas Strider
Alliance: N/A

Race: Human

Appearance: Image
Affiliation: He is a ranger who lives far out from others. A traveler. although he knew some people amongst the mages and knew some Elves, he typically lives alone or with other rangers.

Starting equipment: A short-sword, a bow and 10 arrows. 10 days worth of food. A hunting dagger.

Skills: He prefers lightweight travel, although he typically carries a sword, he has great accuracy with a bow, and can craft some arrows on his own.

Personality: a loner, he typically shows little emotion, but is strong willed, and fights valiantly. He protects the people he loves to his best. Though he was wise and strong, he was not immune to self-doubt. Over the time of his self imposed exile, he developed a strong affinity for survival and tracking over long distances. He supports others and will do so to his strongest. He mourns those that has fallen valiantly and honorably. He hates tyrants and the corrupt. He will proudly free the innocent under oppression.

History: Not much is truly known. What is known, he lived amongst the nomadic dalish elves in his early childhood and befriended some wizards. After leaving the elves after they withdrawn from humanity, he went out alone and became skilled in tracking and survival. He currently aspires to free the elves under human slavery and protect those he can. He prepares to do such a task by hunting monstrous foes.    He is now secretly recruiting a fellowship to prepare to free the common elves from slavery by the humans and dispute of the high elves, and have them escape the continent. Seeing no other resolution other than war.   .
Class: Ranger

Starting point: Redcliffe

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Praise the Sun

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 am

Eeeeeeeexcellent.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 am

Been a bit distracted the past couple days. Will start working on a post now.
Demon of Elru

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Nice post, I'll have a reply up for it later.

MadDoctor is approved. Welcome to your first RP here, Doc. Play nice with the others, and read these: viewtopic.php?t=16368 (We got a lot of rules. Hopefully that will be fixed soon).

Got questions, just ask here. Plotting and planning with others is encouraged, and remember that you can't take someone's character over without their expressed permission.

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 17, 2013 2:20 am

Same goes for specific npcs

Postby Sigment » Fri May 17, 2013 2:49 am

Name: Deacon Reinhardt

Race: Human

Class: Former Templar

Affiliations: Old friendships within the Chantry

Skills: Typically fights using swords, but through constant training, he has learned to wield a dagger simultaneously in his off-hand when necessary. Moderately trained in Shield & Sword combat, but often finds shields too cumbersome.

Abilities:
Lyrium Armor: Deacon's Templar training included a process which adds lyrium to his body. As a result, he is more resistant to hostile magic.

Combat Expert: Deacon's years of combat experience grant him a sense of value on the battlefield. Those who fight alongside him feel more confident, resulting in better tactical decisions in combat.

Sonic Slash: Deacon's mastery of standard swords has allowed him a special technique. He is capable of swinging his blade with such force that the attack reverberates through the air, cutting into the next target that it hits before disappearing. This attack puts a strain on his body, leaving him only able to fight at half strength and speed for some time. As a result, he often only uses it as a last resort. NOTE: He can only use this technique with long swords and broad swords. Anything smaller or larger either lacks enough force or is too heavy to swing at such a speed.

Maker's Light: Deacon has gained a level of mastery over the bracelet that he carries. He has become capable of a light-based attack similar to an explosion. The attack launches from his hand, and he is capable of using it in two ways. The first is a forward blast with a range of three to four meters, in which everything caught in the attack suffers devastating injury. The second is a strike to the ground that hits in all directions at a diameter of three meters, however the potency of the attack is weakened by the strike's scattered nature. His current level of control allows the attack to be used no more than twice in a single day.

Appearance: Deacon (Ignore the halberd)
Deacon's new armor consists of shoulders, gauntlets and greaves of Marcus Hammerstrike's design. The metal is designed to provide maximum protection in those areas without hindering mobility.

Starting Equipment: Templar Longsword, 5 days worth of rations, 2 Healing potions, Camping gear (mat and blanket, fire starting gear, cooking pan), Steel Dagger, Leather Shield (Round), Map of Ferelden (area around Denerim), 20 Silver pieces, 30 bronze pieces, Compass

Personality: Deacon is, for the most part, carefree, often taunting his opponent to encourage a reckless retaliation. A man with an open mind, he does not judge others by their race or gender, but by their decisions in life. However, his past has led to him being unwilling to trust most Templar knights or Chantrymen he encounters, but still gives most anyone he meets the benefit of the doubt. He does his best to prevent casualties in battle, and will sometimes risk his own life to rescue a single ally. Despite being a former Templar, Deacon is not quick to condemn mages for their abilities, and even offers aid to apostates fleeing the Chantry, hoping that his generosity will help them avoid resorting to blood magic.

History: Deacon's family always served the Chantry eagerly, and for most of his life, he was no exception. When he became 21, Deacon went through training to become a Templar. Through his years serving the Chantry, he earned the respect of those above him. But only a month after becoming 27, he took part in a joint assignment with three other Templar to retrieve a group of apostates that had fled from the Chantry. After finding them and cornering them in a cave, Deacon tried to peacefully negotiate their return to the Chantry. But one Templar, the youngest and most reckless, immediately tried to cut the mages down, killing one of them. In desperation, they called upon blood magic to absorb their fallen ally and retaliate. In the ensuing chaos, Deacon was left with no choice but to cut them down, but his fellow Templar knights also died in the fight. Deacon left the Templar Order two weeks later, and it has been five years since then.

Theme song:
Character theme: Question of Purpose
Battle Theme: Two Steps From Hell

Starting point: Brecilian Forest, Two miles south southeast of Denerim

LEVEL-UP EDIT: Deacon has learned the ability: Maker's Light!

EDIT: Deacon's appearance has been updated.
Last edited by Sigment on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 17, 2013 5:28 am

Edited my post so you now have something to do, Draken!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 am

I will have a post ready in a day or two. Strider will be camping, awaiting for anyone that aproaches. Any tips for that?

Praise the Sun

Postby Draken30000 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Will try to post later!

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Sigment, another new user to the RP Section, is approved and can begin. Has a very... interesting starting location.

TheMadDoctor wrote:Strider will be camping, awaiting for anyone that aproaches. Any tips for that?

The best way to make a campfire is in the shape of a teepee.

But other than that, I don't know what you are going to have him do... I don't think anyone is going to be walking over there, unless Sig plans to. There is some people in Redcliffe right now other than myself, Ro, and Zel. I think Glacier and Scrabbles are there.

The Denerim group is going to do something called a "timeskip" and magically appear in Redcliff, with everyone else basically able to reset their positions and potentially equipment. (Val, for instance, is going to be in her full armor.)

Postby Sigment » Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Sigment, another new user to the RP Section, is approved and can begin. Has a very... interesting starting location.

Hey, I looked at the map before I picked it. And you never said that we are required to pick a city or settlement as a start point (at least I don't think you did). Besides, the idea is that I've set up camp there.

Anyways, I'll post as often as I can, but I do have other priorities right now.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 pm

No he meant you won't get much attention if you just camp somewhere. No players around. He suggested a different starting point closer to denerim or redcliffe respectively.

Otherwise nothing happens and you get bored.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat May 18, 2013 6:33 am

But I am starting at redcliffe

Praise the Sun

Postby Zelosse » Sat May 18, 2013 11:04 am

Well it doesn't really matter. Things are likely going to get interesting in a bit, so as long as you're at the castle or somewhere close I suppose it wouldn't matter.

Postby Jasthn » Sat May 18, 2013 11:28 am

Hm.... I assume that there's no one else trying to fill in this last spot. I'll look this over and I might make a character. Been a while since I've been in an RP after all.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Holy shi-

Jasthn is still alive. Who fucked this up?

Damn ninja assassins. You can't count on them for doing anything right since the Housing Market crashed.

@ Sig: You're fine, its just going to be interesting to see what you decide to do.
@ MadDoc: You're starting at Redcliffe, camping and waiting for someone to come by. I guess there are ways you could work with that, waiting for an informant, etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing