RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Zelosse » Mon May 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Then do it. Focus on this RP and make sure everyone understands what needs to be understood!

Setting. People's. places. Spells. Weapons. Clans. Countries. Evils. Loves. Motivation. Lessons. Etc etc. when I read an rp idea I wanna be inspired to take a character and explore your world, to be part in the grand story you have.
What I do not want is the GM explaining to me something stupid about something that wasn't clear, and then another stupid explanation about another stupid explanation. Etc etc.

Do it right, do it clear, and make it explode with the same passion you clearly have for your beloved creations. Do this without sounding like a tool.

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Fine, I'll complete all of them, which'll take forever.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Some of them don't make sense, I said them to get a point across. The point being that you need to make it clear enough that people don't need to ask you questions about the story or w/e. the usual "can I be -blank-" and "will there be -blank- allowed?" Are the only questions you really want to get and cannot avoid anyways.

This all sinking in?

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Belwicket wrote:Fine, I'll complete all of them, which'll take forever.

*eye twitch

Did you not read what he said? He did tell or ask you to get them all done, no one is going to vote all four of them in at the same time. Zel told you to get the Path of the Coventry done and make it really good.

Zelosse wrote:This all sinking in?

inorite?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 am

Easy champ. Easy.
I can handle this.

I... I know I can. I have to believe that.

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 07, 2013 5:05 pm

My original question was "Which of these ideas would people like to see finished?" which never got answered.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote: Zel told you to get the Path of the Coventry done and make it really good.

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

That was the one I was planning on finishing first but I won't be working alone to type it up. I'll have to talk to the guys who started it.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Then do it. I don't need to play-by-play just friggin' do it.

Infact, don't reply to this message at all. It's an idea thread not the durn PM section.

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

It's not done but it's a start. I'll keep adding to it as I get the chance.

The year is 1725 when the last of the witch covens is destroyed. Magicka has finally been erased from the world, or so the humans think. Four teenagers, each with strong magickal abilities, are trapped in a magickal tree by their teacher. When they wake up, they are in a new place, a new time, a new era, 2025. These four now have to bring magicka back to the world that has since then forgotten.

Over the course of many years, these four, now with a new, more ancient teacher, as well as witches of the new age with very different magick, destroy fifteen demonic lords and their minions. There are times these people must utilize the power of time travel, making them all stronger and older. These witches, now adults, decide to begin teaching the new generation of witches the ways of the old magicka.

It is 2035 when a new boarding school is opened. This particular school isn't like any other school. This school is where witches and fey learn how to utilize and control their magicka. There are also rumors going around about some of the teachers. One particular teacher, a strange man who always has a young woman sitting at his desk, often jumps out the window, transforming into a gryphon mid-air to fly away, leaving the telekinetic little girl to continue teaching the class, despite not having any magickal powers herself. There is also the werewolf gym teacher, the rumoured half-angel, and for the potions class, the teacher is a zombie-type. Many students have asked these teachers to sponsor their extracuricular activities, such as sports, clubs and extra classes.

You will play the students of this new school. Although the demons and their minions are destroyed, there are always new threats. Evil witches, succubi, fallen angels and more beings that have turned to, or come from, the darkness. The school is their target. Will the students be strong enough to hold these threats off or will they die trying?
Last edited by Belwicket on Tue May 21, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Tue May 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Tip: rather than describe a single person (the teacher that should have his license revoked), focus on what we the players will be doing in the RP. The only thing I can garner from that little tidbit of text is that we're students? I think? Also, why is it 2035 but you don't seem to be doing anything with it? Is it a continuation from our current timeline and does magic just... magically appear during the next 22 years?

it all feels very meh, like you wrote that in 5 minutes and then got bored with it.
Mephobiac

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 21, 2013 12:43 pm

What Asmo said.

The players need to understand what they are doing and what is expected.
The world needs to be clear and fairly easy to understand.(the 22 year thing Asmo pointed out is a fantastic example here)
I refuse to believe that you have been working for 2 weeks and only got that.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 21, 2013 2:42 pm

I did say it's a work in progress.

Edit: Added to it. Still incomplete.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Better, but it still left a lot of unanswered questions and some stuff didnt make sense. Why were the teenagers encased in the tree, if their teacher apparently wasn't? What was the point of even trapping them in the first place?

Also, where did the part of the demons suddenly come from?
Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 21, 2013 8:08 pm

It's based off a show my friends are making, the 4 were trapped in a tree to save them from the witch hunters and their teacher wasn't because she was going to go try to help scare them away. The demons are being released by the Oblivion Gate Keeper (OGK for short) and are trying to kill the heroes who stand in their way of world domination... but the demons are stupid and don't think to send a huge army to kill this small group of heroes.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 pm

We don't care what you're basing it off. That has zero importancez finish your idea and submit it. Fuck.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 pm

I have seen some weird things in fantasy. But never have I seen a more goofy-assed way to spell "magic". When I Googled the word, I got this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magicka

Anyways, you need to do/have these things.
1: Expand the world, cover your bases, and explain how things got put where.
2: Don't argue with or against me on any of this.
3: Explain to the players their goals, purpose, and how they ended up there.
4: Make sure to establish "boundaries" for the players. Not just physical but what they can do, and can't do.
5: Make it easy and simple to understand.
6: Provide structure. What does that mean? Well you order and name different categories in your RP to make it easier to navigate.
7: Don't forget a CS template.

I'm considering a rule/tip amendment to the RP section where there is a "example" RP sheet template, thingy. So things like this can stop.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Zelosse » Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 am

Magicka is an amazing game. You'd do well to play it some time.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm

You and a group of your closest friends were sitting in the back yard around one of the lawn tables, talking about whatever came up, when a strong glow came from one side. When the glow stopped, there stood a woman in a beautiful white robe. "Choose your realm." she said, her arms open, both hands glowing strong enough for them to be unseen. Upon choosing your world, an orb of light flew from one of her hands as you were sent there to become the best of the best by any means you see fit, gaining everything you could along the lines of weapons and powers. Upon gaining this, you were returned to your world, your friends now alongside you again, the woman now having her hood down to show everyone the beauty in her face and long, chocolatey brown hair. "Use your new abilities to save your world from destruction." she said before disappearing in another blinding flash of white light. Soon, you are surrounded by monsters from each of the separate worlds you and your friends visited.

This is an RP idea I made. Each character is allowed multiple powers from a single or series of games, TV shows or other forms of entertainment. Keep in mind that the worlds you visit will open the bridge to them, allowing monsters from those worlds to cross into ours. You will fighting alongside your friends to save the world from the monsters and demons and other beasts and beings attacking.

CS-

Player- (before the new world)
Name:
Personality:
Skills: (skateboarding, parquor, etc., keep it realistic)

Character- (after the return)
Appearance: (what is worn, hair and muscles would change)
Personality: (wiser, smarter, more corrupt, etc.)
Skills: (new skills only)
Powers/Specials: (this would include a Soul Reaper's Zanpakutou, a Dragonborn's Thu'ums, a Jedi or Sith's Force powers, etc.)
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:12 pm

That sounds like a horrible 90's cartoon... Which I guess is okay if you're into that?

And why would we need to create a CS for our character before the event? Seems like wasted time to me.
Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Because it would help seperate the innate a learned abilities of the player and the character they become.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Hmm. I find it to be an interesting way to mix the lore of universes together. Game mechanics and flow would be interesting to about hellish to coordinate with everyone.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Unit 06 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:12 am

I've got an idea, perhaps an RP based in the Dark Souls universe.
Clone of Adam

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:39 am

Just spewing out "I have an in based on X" isnt really all that helpful. That isnt an idea at all. Work out the idea into an actually playable RP, then we're talking.
Mephobiac

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Unit 06 wrote:I've got an idea, perhaps an RP based in the Dark Souls universe.

Sweet man. Let's see what stuff you got.

In all fairness, I did a similar thing with my DA RP, Asmo. I believe he's just testing the waters out for other people being interested.

As for Bel's thing. We've all talked about this, so I'm not going to continue it. But I am willing to vote for your idea to see how well of a GM you are. If you're good, then we'll be surprised. If it is terrible, then it will confirm everything we already thought and you will have to go to work on becoming better.
Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing