New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Banshee » Mon May 06, 2013 12:21 am

What the hell is with the cowboy getup? Is it a reference to another movie?
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Havoc » Mon May 06, 2013 1:00 am

Banshee wrote:What the hell is with the cowboy getup? Is it a reference to another movie?

I don't know. But it makes Him look like a male prostitute.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby silvercover » Mon May 06, 2013 1:01 am

Personally I think him only leaves his realm if he has domination plans or to show off with his "fabulous" outfits.
offline
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Slendy » Mon May 06, 2013 2:25 am

Blood Lord wrote:Bleed also got sloppy in the last two panels with the copy and paste, with minor adjustments. I remember that was Seir's biggest complaint about Bleed's art.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it when artists occasionally copy/paste a panel when there's a subtle change necessary that doesn't fit into a single panel, like with Chi and Demongo's expression changes here. It also helps bring attention to that subtle change, whereas it could go unnoticed if the scene was drawn differently, like from a different angle. Plus we all know Bleed puts forth a lot of effort to keep releasing such great quality pages at a fairly decent rate, so cutting some corners here and there shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Something I am getting a bit annoyed at are the constant references to missed panty shot opportunities and other inappropriate things like that in these discussion threads. Yes, I know Bleed has had a bit of a reputation for drawing young characters inappropriately, but he's recently shown an effort to minimize this in the comics. Like when we went through an entire bath sequence with Mimi that stayed PG, or more recently in panel 5 from the latest PPGD how Bleed avoided a Blossom panty shot. I'm mostly talking to TheMadDoctor here. Rather than praise Bleed for taking the more mature route and avoiding an inappropriate shot, you point it out in a way that seems like you're almost upset that it isn't there. What gives? Do you want Bleed to draw it in, only to post about how inappropriate it is while you secretly enjoy it?

Granted, none of that excuses Chi's outfit here. Although, we can at least say that her clothing (or lack thereof) serves a purpose here by letting the audience know that Chi and Mimi's relationship is most likely more than just sisterly. While that doesn't make her outfit any less inappropriate, it's at least better than a random panty shot or Mimi's facebook pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with the story. Still, a different choice of clothes could have gotten the same point across (like a shirt with a heart on it and Mimi + Chi inside the heart).
Denizen of Darkness
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 am

Looking at Him, I feel a certain *"Crocodile Dundee" to his look (*not sure if I spelled that right) does anybody agree?
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 06, 2013 3:03 am

I can see why people might complain over PPGD's panty shots, but GrimTales takes place in Hell. I'm sure there are plenty of terrible things that could've been put into this, pedophilia is not terrible in comparison to what could've been, especially subtle preteen panty shots, or in this case Chi's 'extravagant' outfit. Also, just because Chi's dressed this way, doesn't really change anything between the 2 of them. Chi's feeling could still be at levels higher than what Mimi feels for her. The only thing that might point towards an intimate relationship between the 2, is the private room, which can still easily be Chi wanting alone time with Mimi.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 am

Slendy wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Bleed also got sloppy in the last two panels with the copy and paste, with minor adjustments. I remember that was Seir's biggest complaint about Bleed's art.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it when artists occasionally copy/paste a panel when there's a subtle change necessary that doesn't fit into a single panel, like with Chi and Demongo's expression changes here. It also helps bring attention to that subtle change, whereas it could go unnoticed if the scene was drawn differently, like from a different angle. Plus we all know Bleed puts forth a lot of effort to keep releasing such great quality pages at a fairly decent rate, so cutting some corners here and there shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Something I am getting a bit annoyed at are the constant references to missed panty shot opportunities and other inappropriate things like that in these discussion threads. Yes, I know Bleed has had a bit of a reputation for drawing young characters inappropriately, but he's recently shown an effort to minimize this in the comics. Like when we went through an entire bath sequence with Mimi that stayed PG, or more recently in panel 5 from the latest PPGD how Bleed avoided a Blossom panty shot. I'm mostly talking to TheMadDoctor here. Rather than praise Bleed for taking the more mature route and avoiding an inappropriate shot, you point it out in a way that seems like you're almost upset that it isn't there. What gives? Do you want Bleed to draw it in, only to post about how inappropriate it is while you secretly enjoy it?

Granted, none of that excuses Chi's outfit here. Although, we can at least say that her clothing (or lack thereof) serves a purpose here by letting the audience know that Chi and Mimi's relationship is most likely more than just sisterly. While that doesn't make her outfit any less inappropriate, it's at least better than a random panty shot or Mimi's facebook pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with the story. Still, a different choice of clothes could have gotten the same point across (like a shirt with a heart on it and Mimi + Chi inside the heart).

LOL, you caught me on that one. The real reason I like the panty shots is because the became a norm now. Mainly because they were shown so many times in the comic. But if Bleedman is trying to stop looking like a pedophile then thats fine with me.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby gamefan » Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 am

Slendy wrote:Personally, I don't have a problem with it when artists occasionally copy/paste a panel when there's a subtle change necessary that doesn't fit into a single panel, like with Chi and Demongo's expression changes here.


I agree. More when we all know he works in several other things like three more comics beside this one.
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Crowville
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Rukair » Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

Oh... Gawd :redface:! That outfit. Now I wonder what are Him's plans that needs the help of the Princess of the dark, the daughter of Aku, Princess Chi and I doubt its a rescue plan to save mimi, maybe Chi is going to be the distraction while Him gets what his is after?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 7:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon May 06, 2013 11:25 am

Rukair wrote:Oh... Gawd :redface:! That outfit. Now I wonder what are Him's plans that needs the help of the Princess of the dark, the daughter of Aku, Princess Chi and I doubt its a rescue plan to save mimi, maybe Chi is going to be the distraction while Him gets what his is after?

Be careful, BeeAre doesn't seem to like the outfit.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 06, 2013 1:43 pm

where's Jeff's spirit at?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon May 06, 2013 1:57 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:where's Jeff's spirit at?

We don't have enough evidence to make an assumption on the location. Other than it being in Him's car or in his lair.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon May 06, 2013 4:24 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:where's Jeff's spirit at?

We don't have enough evidence to make an assumption on the location. Other than it being in Him's car or in his lair.


I just feel it's something Him would keep on his person at all times
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Ataw » Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm

This is totally random, but (Even though I care not for pedophilia as long as the comic keeps me laughing) does anyone else notice that Mimi is wearing a schoolgirl's outfit in the first panel?
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 06, 2013 8:41 pm

That isn't random. I will start punching people soon.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5643
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 pm

BeeAre wrote:That isn't random. I will start punching people soon.

Okay, before this gets ugly, because BeeAre is in a unusually bad mood, I'm just gonna refrain from posting in this topic from this point onward. Because I honestly don't know why he is in a bad mood, and a admin in a bad mood is someone I do not want to deal with. I'll be going now. Allons-y!

P.S. oh and BeeAre, do you mind telling us why you want to punch people all of the sudden? It wouldn't hurt to tell us why exactly are you mad. And if it's something we're doing, we'll stop. At least the people who notices the post.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby silvercover » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
BeeAre wrote:That isn't random. I will start punching people soon.

Okay, before this gets ugly, because BeeAre is in a unusually bad mood, I'm just gonna refrain from posting in this topic from this point onward. Because I honestly don't know why he is in a bad mood, and a admin in a bad mood is someone I do not want to deal with. I'll be going now. Allons-y!

P.S. oh and BeeAre, do you mind telling us why you want to punch people all of the sudden? It wouldn't hurt to tell us why exactly are you mad. And if it's something we're doing, we'll stop. At least the people who notices the post.

just dont comment on the characters outfit... except maybe him.
I wonder what he'd look like in a proper suit like a tuxedo, or if he even wears them since he seems to wear bizarre outfits(then again, its hell so maybe its normal).
offline
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Banshee » Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Banshee wrote:What the hell is with the cowboy getup? Is it a reference to another movie?

I don't know. But it makes Him look like a male prostitute.


Your right about that! lol
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 07, 2013 7:19 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:where's Jeff's spirit at?

We don't have enough evidence to make an assumption on the location. Other than it being in Him's car or in his lair.


I just feel it's something Him would keep on his person at all times

Why?

Who is going to steal it? Mimi? She's sort of busy.

Jr? I don't think Mimi has "told" him her situation yet.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18996
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:where's Jeff's spirit at?

We don't have enough evidence to make an assumption on the location. Other than it being in Him's car or in his lair.


I just feel it's something Him would keep on his person at all times

Why?

Who is going to steal it? Mimi? She's sort of busy.

Jr? I don't think Mimi has "told" him her situation yet.

Yes, no one is likely to steal it at this time, but at the same time Him could keep it around as a plaything. Who knows?
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Ataw » Tue May 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:where's Jeff's spirit at?

We don't have enough evidence to make an assumption on the location. Other than it being in Him's car or in his lair.


I just feel it's something Him would keep on his person at all times

Why?

Who is going to steal it? Mimi? She's sort of busy.

Jr? I don't think Mimi has "told" him her situation yet.


I'm actually with Blood Lord on this one. I mean what is the point? But then again as you said "Who knows?"
It could be I'm the car (as one person said I believe) or back on Him's plain locked in safe so no one else can get to it. :unsure:
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Lets just wait another page or two when the pedophilia dies down a bit.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Why? What does this have anything to do with that?
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18996
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby Birdofterror » Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 am

I think he thinks that the whole Loli/Incest/Lesbianism thing is getting more attention than the actual story at this time so He's waiting for it to die down so discussion more 'productive' can be initiated.

I think. I'm not a mind reader.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: "I Killed An Ewok To Look This Good" (05/05/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 am

Birdofterror wrote:I think he thinks that the whole Loli/Incest/Lesbianism thing is getting more attention than the actual story at this time so He's waiting for it to die down so discussion more 'productive' can be initiated.

I think. I'm not a mind reader.

That is the correct evaluation of my words.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest