Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah... After playing the game some now, this Hiimdaisy comic has just transformed for me. First it was just a bunch of random shit, now it's a bunch of in-jokes.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 pm

You know what I'm way excited for?

This conversation to turn into something that I can actually understand.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Same, for like a month now
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:14 pm

I UNDERSTOOD THE LAST TWO POSTS.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 04, 2013 1:23 am

You guys can start your own convo in here, you know. Between Skullgirls' voting rounds, it's pretty quiet.
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sat May 04, 2013 1:39 am

This thread's been mainly Skullgirls...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 am

It's been mainly games in general. Skullgirls has just been the popular subject over the past couple months.
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Well why don't we talk somethin' else? Like...
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 04, 2013 1:12 pm

PERSONA 4?! YES, LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT!

*is freakin obsessed with this thing right now*
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 pm

O-oh kay... Never played it, though...

The Kid

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, what are some newer titles people are looking forward to? Or other recent games that have been fun?
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Bioshock Infinite was a fun recent game I played. Gonna play it a 3rd time soon.

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 04, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm working on the Mass Effect Trilogy. The first one is painful compared to the rest. I really liked ME2, played ME3 until I reached this point where I romanced the wrong woman and it bugged the hell out of me. so I went clear the hell back to the first one, played through it until I realized I told this girl, Liara to buzz off four main missions ago and didn't have a way to make it up. So I went clear the hell back again, got that done and now working on ME2.

Looking forward for more information on Call of Duty: Ghosts. Looks cool.

also going to see Iron Man 3 today.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm

ME sounds like a complicated trilogy.

Call of Duty: Ghosts actually looks intriguing to me.

Gonna see Iron Man 3 today also. Heard it didn't do well, though... just gonna have to wait and see.

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 04, 2013 4:04 pm

The ME games play off of each other, so a decision to threaten a guy or not in ME 1 can come back to bit you in the ass in ME 3. If characters don't survive the games, they don't appear in the last one. It's deep, not necessarily complex.

From what I see from a quick internet review, its doing fairly well. It's only been out for a day. I haven't seen a comparison to the otherr two yet, although I did hear about a iron man 4 and 5 while looking around.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Sat May 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Mass Effect is in my list of games I should at least play once (or twice).

Iron Man 4 and 5?? Good God is the movie business loosing ideas. We've been having more sequel than ever these past few years. But money talks, right?

The Kid

Postby top gear tony » Sat May 04, 2013 7:45 pm

If you can get past how unplayable the combat is in Mass Effect 1 is, it's an amazing trilogy.

Much easier to get into than Dragon Age.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Anyone played that game "Off" that's been going round tumblr? Is it something I need to stick with to get into or what?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Well, if you like, or at least can tolerate games that are strange and trippy as fuck then it's a decent RPG.

Think of someone making an RPG maker game like Yume Nikki, but actually having RPG elements and a story with dialogue.
An Optimist

Postby Hiroko » Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 am

My friend has downloaded it and is planning on playing it. I probably won't play it, mostly because I know that I probably won't be able to figure out how to run the game on my computer anyway (let alone open the zip file for it, since my computer can't open zip files, ugh).

I've watched a Lets Play of it, though, and it seems like a pretty interesting game. Much of it is the atmosphere of the game and the interpretations one can have of what's going on and the motivations of the characters (and I should probably stop there because spoilers).

The link to download the game, should anyone be interested.
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Randori wrote:Gonna see Iron Man 3 today also. Heard it didn't do well, though... just gonna have to wait and see.

imho, I liked Iron Man 3 and didn't have a problem with it. But I can understand quite a bit about how other people are going to have problems with it, especially regarding the Mandarin, which I thought was very clever.

Randori wrote:Iron Man 4 and 5?? Good God is the movie business loosing ideas. We've been having more sequel than ever these past few years. But money talks, right?

It's been how long since the movie industry has had a original idea that did well? Avatar does count because that was a sci-fi Pocahontas remake, and I'm not counting continuations either. Most of the movies now days are based off of books, old movies, or comics. It's where the money is which rules any form of business.

Without given it away, I am interested on what they plan to do for Avengers 2 and the potential Iron Man 4 and 5. They broke the mold with this movie and Downy is in discussions on renewing his contract with Disney/Marvel. Mixed infor seems to be going all over the place, but the director for Iron Man 3 was confident that Downey would return to do more.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Sun May 05, 2013 1:12 pm

I saw Iron Man 3 and... ehhhhh. I sorta liked it. I was a bit dissapointed that    there was no Mandarin, and that the guy was just a hoax for the real plan Killion had. The move felt like a Christmas tbh as the whole movie took place during X-mas. Might have been better if the movie released during December, but whatever.    My brother HATED the movie, but I kinda liked it. Ehhh... 7/10. Even the 2nd movie was better imho.

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 05, 2013 1:27 pm

What issue did your brother have with it? The fact that nothing in it dealt with the comics?
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Well, here was his main issues:
1) There was less action, and it felt more like a family comedy.
   2) The Mandarin was a hoax, which made him even more mad.   
3) The kid annoyed him. Never knew why. I kinda liked the kid. Shows how even Iron Man needs help, even the smallest of kids.
Last edited by Tuor on Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited because, Holy spoilers, Batman!

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Randori wrote:Well, here was his main issues:
1) There was less action, and it felt more like a family comedy.
   2) The Mandarin was a hoax, which made him even more mad.   
3) The kid annoyed him. Never knew why. I kinda liked the kid. Shows how even Iron Man needs help, even the smallest of kids.

There was less action? Huh, I wonder what movie I went to.

That was my favorite part because it threw everyone for a loop. It was different and I think I funny thing for Marvel to do.   

Can't help with the kid. I was greatly amused by the kid and Tony.

EDIT: I found the guy who described my thoughts about the movie perfectly.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Iron-Man-3
Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter