NEW Grim-Tales: Memoirs of a Demon General

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: NEW Grim-Tales: Memoirs of a Demon General

Postby silvercover » Sat May 04, 2013 9:28 pm

well that's rule #1: do not read any fanfic that has an OC, especially if that OC is the mentioned in the summary.

their some rare occurrences that they're alright, but so very rare its better not to risk reading it. its fine if they're just background/side characters though.

well the big problem really though is that GT and PPGD fanfiction is still few, so far nothing good enough yet. which is again why I say to you guys we need some more people to write there.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 pm

If I were writing a fanfic, I would try my best to capture the character's original personality. I'm sure every writer in the world would want to make their own character, and a lot of them get carried away trying to show their character off. What Bleedman did here is explore the character's in a more mature manner. He also managed to add his own characters without shoving them into the spotlight too bright. Bleedman achieved this by revealing only what needed to be known about the characters. Lets take Bell for example, she's a evil white powerpuff girl with innocent, but possibly sadistic, demeanor. And that she's created in a similar way that the Puffs were made, minus the acidental part. Thats all we really know, but she's a popular character in PPGD, particulary because of her companion GIR. Okay that was a bad example for this instance considering this is a GT thread, but that was the first thing that came to my mind.
F U Im evil

Postby tony » Sun May 05, 2013 1:13 am

I could give you a thousand reasons Blossom might have a kid with a villain

askura would you mind share some of your reasons

Postby Birdofterror » Sun May 05, 2013 5:20 am

tony wrote:I could give you a thousand reasons Blossom might have a kid with a villain
The who's and why's aren't important anymore.

Blossom is apparently a demon loving slut in this universe. It's hard to justify the copulation with a Demon who enslaved the world, and a demon who killed all she loved and mutilated her daughter into some kind of beast.

Enablers are almost as bad as the doers themselves, especially if it gets THIS bad. I challenge the writers to come up with a good justification for her actions.

I don't think it can be done.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby silvercover » Sun May 05, 2013 7:37 am

^and that right there shows how you shouldnt be looking at a story.

justification doesnt quite work right cause that considers that every individual will make the best decision, when in reality we often make really bad ones with poor(aka no) justification. you can easily make arguments blahblah on how X character should have chosen ex. sacrifice for the better good vs. following your desires.
each side will have their points, but judging from your post, id say your going for the sacrifice for the better good, right? so would that negate the other choice? yeah no. why does someone have to follow what you say, because it would benefit you? shouldnt it be beneficial for the the person choosing, because its their choice? shouldnt it be what they would want and not what should be needed? or in reverse, it should be needed and not what they want?

what is should be used is an explanation, because justification implies that your choice is the best one you could do, which is debatable. things may have gotten worse actually if they chose the other option, because there's no proof there's no better option.

even if blossom is a genius, people can make mistakes. it could be a mistake that she knew, or it could be where the consequences were a lot more dire than what she intended. heck, its possible that the destruction of megaville wasnt directly related to her choices, it could have been someone else who caused it and him just used the chaos for his benefit.

and asking for justification then saying that there would be none possible really shows how willing you are to understand, right? its not that your already rejecting whatever bleedman has to say, right? yeah...

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)