Vague Instructions for project?

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vague Instructions for project?

Postby BeeAre » Sat May 04, 2013 10:16 pm

see, i will accept desultory, as it implies an intention of appearance, but i despise people who go on about "random" humor.

it's not random. either nothing is random or everything is random, so making a note of it is dumb either way.

it's only acceptable when determining probabilities, as far as i am concerned.

for me it's similar to saying something coincidental is ironic, but in reverse.

irony as a word over coincidence implies intent behind the shit that happens to them, and even if you believe in God you can't just assume God is being darkly comedic about your life. :P

random on the other hand implies no control or context.

i don't get mad at a lot of stuff. spelling, eh, grammar, eh, malleable and fun to play with.

but fundamentally misunderstanding the concept behind such specific words is irritating.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby EagleMan » Sun May 05, 2013 12:25 am

BeeAre wrote:see, i will accept desultory, as it implies an intention of appearance, but i despise people who go on about "random" humor.

it's not random. either nothing is random or everything is random, so making a note of it is dumb either way.

irony as a word over coincidence implies intent behind the shit that happens to them, and even if you believe in God you can't just assume God is being darkly comedic about your life. :P

i don't get mad at a lot of stuff. spelling, eh, grammar, eh, malleable and fun to play with.

but fundamentally misunderstanding the concept behind such specific words is irritating.

*holds up spork*

Postby BeeAre » Sun May 05, 2013 2:53 am

EagleMan wrote:
BeeAre wrote:see, i will accept desultory, as it implies an intention of appearance, but i despise people who go on about "random" humor.

*holds up spork*

this is sporka lol!!!! *flaming pedobear martian ponies aeiou spatooie whammy zoom monkey fucking cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Q.U. » Sun May 05, 2013 3:53 am

But being random is so edgy today...

Also,

Keep in mind, that neither you, nor any dictionary holds a permanent power to determine the meaning of any word. So the meaning of the word random, as you and your dictionary define it, may not necessarily apply to all fields of life and all means of communication. Just like the word "theory" has quite a different meaning in common language than it does in scientific language. Being irritated by what most likely is the natural and spontaneous evolution of language seems a little silly to me.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby BeeAre » Sun May 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Q.U. wrote:But being random is so edgy today...

Also,

Keep in mind, that neither you, nor any dictionary holds a permanent power to determine the meaning of any word. So the meaning of the word random, as you and your dictionary define it, may not necessarily apply to all fields of life and all means of communication. Just like the word "theory" has quite a different meaning in common language than it does in scientific language. Being irritated by what most likely is the natural and spontaneous evolution of language seems a little silly to me.

did i mention the fuckin' dictionary? did i mention fuckin' scientific language?

no. i didn't.

i am upset at people because they don't understand the CONCEPTS. free of the words used. if there were words used that had those precise concepts despite being not used in the dictionary, i wouldn't be fuckin' upset. this is not the spontaneous evolution of language: it is the spontaneous abandonment of very specific language concepts at all.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Mon May 06, 2013 2:38 am

BeeAre wrote:
Q.U. wrote:But being random is so edgy today...

Also,

did i mention the fuckin' dictionary? did i mention fuckin' scientific language?

no. i didn't.

i am upset at people because they don't understand the CONCEPTS. free of the words used. if there were words used that had those precise concepts despite being not used in the dictionary, i wouldn't be fuckin' upset. this is not the spontaneous evolution of language: it is the spontaneous abandonment of very specific language concepts at all.

Seems Legit
(yes, their is no good reason t'why i'm posting in this thread)
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 06, 2013 8:44 pm

then why post pissbucket >8[
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby EagleMan » Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm

because random

Postby BeeAre » Tue May 07, 2013 11:10 am

EagleMan wrote:because random

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 pm

there is no need
to be upset

Postby True Order » Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 pm

BR wrote: >8[

God that symbol makes me laugh so hard.

ANYWHO:

I've decided my topic shall be the basics and background info on Minecraft.

Feels like a good idea to me, doesn't seem cringe worthy if I stick to the basics.

What'cha think?
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 07, 2013 1:48 pm

seems good

there are people out there who are befuddled as to why the game is so popular so you could delve into that

Postby True Order » Tue May 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Yes! You are very right.

Good idea. Great idea.

Guhhhh it seems no matter how small, short or flexible the project is I always stress the FUCK out.
My brain is my own worst enemy and he knows it....
Overthinker

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Have you started work? Usually a lot of the stress is just coming from what to do. But just force yourself to do stuff. Then after you do that you can see what'd be a good idea to expand on and it gets easier, as the foundation is always the hardest part.

Postby True Order » Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 pm

I have finished it.

And sent it approximately ten minutes before the deadline.

Procrastination ho!

Anyway that's that and also thank you minecraft fandom for providing an ample supply of eyegasming screenshots.
Overthinker

Postby True Order » Wed May 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Jesuuuuuuus.

A rough 80% of the students picked their families as their topic. Doable but unoriginal and boring.

2 folks did welding.

1 person did MonaVie

And one person actually did a powerpoint on making effective power point presentations, ironic considering how mehhish his presentation was. But still a hilarious choice of topic.

I have no regrets regarding this project but I must say the instructor was a douchebag in that he expected all slides to be perfectly readable on a projected image in a fully lit room. My tests were on a HD screen in a dimmish room.

Whatevs 88/100.
Overthinker

Postby EagleMan » Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 pm

That's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper boring

you should've gotten A+ for breaking the mediocrity
And I told you that meta stuff like that was unoriginal, imagine if you had done your powerpoint on powerpoints.

Postby True Order » Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 pm

I don't want to imagine such. I'm sure I wouldn't have done that but yeah it would have been bad.
Overthinker

Postby True Order » Thu May 09, 2013 9:11 am

It's probably worth mentioning that since this presentation was for Information Processing the grade was more about how you presented rather than what. So lack of extra points for being creative is understandable but still blehh or even bull shit for that matter.

But yeah it's done, thank you for the outside perspectives and advice. Twas actually really helpful.
Overthinker

Previous

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!