Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I was originally asking about the PPGD surface, I want to see what's actually happening: How people are reacting, how the light is affecting everything etc.

I'm thinking we'll get to that part after the bomb goes off. I also think seeing what went on with Blossom trying to stop it, maybe a key factor in it's effect, and might need to be explained first. All-in-all, I'm hoping will get to the "post explosion" part of the story at least by this summer.

Birdofterror wrote:GT would also interest me greatly about their surface world, I want to see if IT also survived whatever horrors it has seen over the decades- so I can hide my suggestions for it within suggestions for PPGD!

As I've made it abundantly clear by now, I'm dying to know how the world of the living is doing in GT. Honestly at this point, I would be far more interested in a "Suggestions for GT" thread. But like I stated two post above, Bleed doesn't come here, and the only way I could see such a thread working, is if Grids was still working for him. Unless...would BR be able to convey the GT suggestions?

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 am

Havoc751 wrote:So it wasn't stickied then?

No, not really. The writer/editor at that time for GT (Grids or Seir) didn't care about the idea.

Havoc751 wrote:Is there really anyway we can suggest things for GT?

BR has some sort of influence in GT, but I'm not sure. You could ask him if making a "blank should be in GT" thread would do anything like this one has, or just do it for fun. Hell, I'd just do it for fun and see what happens.

Kinda like the theme music thread.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:10 pm

that wasn't a thread really, but we could go back to discussing it.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Not here, but there was a "theme song for the comics" thread years back.

So yes, that was a thread.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 pm

I thought it was a little discussion within the another thread. But considering your experience here, okay, but we can try to discuss the topic here though.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

I'd really rather not discuss theme songs here. If anyone does, go make a thread about it.
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Not here, but there was a "theme song for the comics" thread years back.

So yes, that was a thread.

Wait, was that the thread Mir@k was talking about, the one he said was a "massive cockfest"?
Or was this a different one all together?

Blood Lord wrote:BR has some sort of influence in GT, but I'm not sure. You could ask him if making a "blank should be in GT" thread would do anything like this one has, or just do it for fun. Hell, I'd just do it for fun and see what happens.

Okay, I guess it's worth a shot.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Havoc751 wrote:Wait, was that the thread Mir@k was talking about, the one he said was a "massive cockfest"?
Or was this a different one all together?

It's that one. It wasn't a bad thread, it was just... confusing? There really wasn't any discussion going on, just people going "omfg this is liek ttly minnie!"
Mercypostle

Postby Jacob_Incubus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 pm

How about eventually introducing Mimi, though that's further in the story.
Grim Jr x Minnie<3 Morals to me are Just Limitations
on Life, Follow Your Heart and Things Will Work Out.
Inkyubasu Demon

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Jacob_Incubus wrote:How about eventually introducing Mimi, though that's further in the story.
:|

You mean, introduce her into... PPGD? You want to include... Mimi, from Grim Tales... into Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi? Is that correct?

Hmm... What's the nicest and most precise way to say this?

No.

Although it's not really up to me anyway, I'm just taking a wild guess from the near future, the answer is the afformentioned: No.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Grim Tales and PpGD aren't linked Jacob.
Mercypostle

Postby Jacob_Incubus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:53 pm

"Him", Mimi's father who sleeps with Blossom eventually.
Inkyubasu Demon

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Jacob_Incubus wrote:"Him", Mimi's father who sleeps with Blossom eventually.

Well, not sleep, more like rape. Besides, incase you haven't noticed, this is a PPGD thread, not a grim tales thread. You can try talking about it in the Bleed thread if you want.
F U Im evil

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:24 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Well, not sleep, more like rape.
YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT! :unsure:

Also I'm going to use Blossom's newly discovered track record to drop a statement:

You can't rape the willing.

But I digress, two suggestions from the exact same source will probably yield the exact same answer.

No.

Jacob, please be more creative with your future suggestions.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Jacob_Incubus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Well, not sleep, more like rape.
YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT! :unsure:

Also I'm going to use Blossom's newly discovered track record to drop a statement:

You can't rape the willing.

But I digress, two suggestions from the exact same source will probably yield the exact same answer.

No.

Jacob, please be more creative with your future suggestions.

I am sorry for the lack of thought, but being a Powerpuff Girls doujinshi, adding Him would make a little bit of sense, knowing that he was actually from the original series of Powerfull Girls. Also sorry for the suggestions being similar, after putting thought into my first one, I wrote the second one on impulse when I woke up. After thinking about the first post, it didn't make any sense introducing Mimi, that was silly of me, knowing at the present stage of Powerpuff Girls doujinshi, Blossom is currently not exactly at that age yet.
PS Please bear with me, I'm a newb to this forum, trying to fit in the best I can. Thank you for the constructive comment, and you too TheMadDoctor, I will check out the Bleed thread.

Blood Lord wrote:Grim Tales and PpGD aren't linked Jacob.

Forgive me for inferring, I just thought many overlapping characters and the same author would mean that they may get tied together. My inference is also from a picture of Bubbles and Mandy on Mandy's refrigerator and that they were friends in PpGD. With all the overlapping characters so far, who'd mind if there were one more.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=23
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=61
Last edited by BeeAre on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: double posting.
Inkyubasu Demon

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Jacob_Incubus wrote:Forgive me for inferring, I just thought many overlapping characters and the same author would mean that they may get tied together. My inference is also from a picture of Bubbles and Mandy on Mandy's refrigerator and that they were friends in PpGD. With all the overlapping characters so far, who'd mind if there were one more.

It's okay, easy mistake, you're not the first one to make it. But just so we're clear, GT isn't the future of PPGD. PPGD and GT are alternate universes, seprate timelines.

Postby Jacob_Incubus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
Jacob_Incubus wrote:Forgive me for inferring, I just thought many overlapping characters and the same author would mean that they may get tied together. My inference is also from a picture of Bubbles and Mandy on Mandy's refrigerator and that they were friends in PpGD. With all the overlapping characters so far, who'd mind if there were one more.

It's okay, easy mistake, you're not the first one to make it. But just so we're clear, GT isn't the future of PPGD. PPGD and GT are alternate universes, seprate timelines.

That's a fun thought to think about, thanks.
Inkyubasu Demon

Postby BeeAre » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Jacob. Don't double post. Also, it's not fun to think about: it's fact. Don't talk about GT and PpGD being the same comic universe. Or I will find you and your death will take centuries before I deign to give you the gift of oblivion.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Come on, lets be a little bit easy on him, I know I was the same and probably forgot to read the rules first, but come on. These new guys will make the forum more lively, and why not just remind him to read the rules before posting if he did an offense on his first post. We really don't need to make death threats already before knowing the actual intelligence of a newb.
F U Im evil

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Come on, lets be a little bit easy on him, I know I was the same and probably forgot to read the rules first, but come on.
Well, I publicly admitted to not reading the rules once. I was banned for a week. That is no excuse.

I think the mistakes born here came from an astute lack of lurking, which is a bad thing to do on ANY forum. Now he knows what's what and we can continue with our lives.
TheMadDoctor wrote: We really don't need to make death threats already before knowing the actual intelligence of a newb.
I'm sure it's a joke. He issued me a couple death threats- and threatens anyone who tries to insinuate the linkage of the stories with death as well. I think he was calm with this topic once... "No, they have different writers. The universes are not the same: Common misunderstanding." And now that he's seen dozens of people make the same mistakes over and over it's something like:
BeeAre wrote:I will find you and your death will take centuries before I deign to give you the gift of oblivion.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 pm

It's a joke... kinda.

He is serious on the PpGD-GT thing. It really annoys him.

Jacob though doesn't have an warnings or notes attached to his profile yet. He's still doing pretty good. No one is being hard on him either. BR is stating a fact. I'm more annoyed that I missed the double post.
Mercypostle

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 am

I just thought of something... what if there's a PPGD sequel comic waiting in the wings, like Afterbirth?
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 am

Nope, after the trouble with afterbirth, i doubt Bleedman will do a sequel comic. PPGD is still not done even.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 03, 2013 9:37 am

Possible. I mentioned the idea to silvercover in a PM.

IF such a thing was under development or being discussed, I suspect they would have learned their lesson with AfterBirth and will keep such a thing very secret. Possibly to the point where it is completed before announcing that it is under way.

AfterBirth was a discouraging event, but they could do something like it in the future with either comic.
Mercypostle

Postby Sigment » Mon May 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Jacob_Incubus wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Grim Tales and PpGD aren't linked Jacob.

Forgive me for inferring, I just thought many overlapping characters and the same author would mean that they may get tied together.

I guess I'll be the one to point this out. PpGD and GT do not have the same author. Bleedman is the artist. BeeAre is the one who actually writes for PpGD, and someone else (I forget who) writes for GT. That, if you need any particular reason, is why the comics aren't connected.
Jacob_Incubus wrote:My inference is also from a picture of Bubbles and Mandy on Mandy's refrigerator and that they were friends in PpGD. With all the overlapping characters so far, who'd mind if there were one more.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=23
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=61
GT has had some visual references to PpGD, but I believe that is either Bleedman's idea, or the GT writer making an homage of sorts.

Here's an example:
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=27
You can see Bell and Dr. X in the back. It is nothing more than a visual reference. They are in no way tied into the events of GT's storyline.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)