Programming Block

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Programming Block

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Well what a relief! I thought I was dead for a moment.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I do have a question though... Blossom said in the first panel that the initial attack was too "hot" to be blocked, yet she's deflected numerous DI shots. Are they any easier to deflect than the original attack, or does each deflection cause her great pain? BR, you probably know the answer so...
:sosad:
Pweaze hewp meh...

I don't think blocking all those spikes in the movie was a picnic, and that's what this references. The spikes are just impacts, though. Less lasting damage, to be sure. The dialogue is precise about her mentioning it being too hot to block and then having her block it.

Short Answer: Yeah.

Long Answer: *caruso shades* YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 7:59 pm

In that case blossom's hands are gonna be burning after that.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.

Postby CallMeD. » Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 pm

So I won't slaughter you, CallMeD. Consider yourself lucky.

I hope I was not out of line in some way. It was only my intention to present the a few ideas that crossed my train of thought at that time. If I gave away something, or crossed the line; I do apologize. I didn't even mention anything regarding the works of Griddles, nor the crossing over of the PPG into the GT universe. So I am a bit confused as to what it was I said that bothered you.

Looking back at the page; I realized now what you meant in regards to Gir's charging the energy after absorbing it, which he then launched at Blossom. Had I caught that from the start, I could have saved you the time in having explaining it in further detail. My bad.

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 03, 2013 1:52 am

The detail I don't mind. It's the interlinking of PpGD with other stories that are associated with Bleedman that irritates me. Barasia is Griddles' story. He wrote GT, and helped with the grammar for PpGD. Then PpGD stopped between late 2004 and Summer of 2007. Griddles attempted to offer more serious plot for a comic that was in a funk using his stories as a basis, and Bleedman didn't want to do that. Seiryuga brought me to Bleedman, and I took over PpGD, offering something different.

Griddles' foray into PpGD's plotline with two separate storylines - his own, and GT's - is infuriating. Because it feels most seriously like Griddles was not letting go of PpGD for a long time.

Now he is to remain indisposed for at least this year and another after it. He has been, when he can, writing on a secret project that Bleedman doesn't seem to care about. I helped him write it.

I am, I would say, still friends with Griddles. I try not to have enemies. I understand him a little better having spent a long time talking to him about both his life and the things that intrigue him in a conversation about writing elements, and we took some very basic concepts and made them tremendously specific.

Seriously, bother Bleedman and say that I mentioned a project idea that he doesn't seem interested in. He'll KNOW what you're talking about. Everyone here do it. Go spread it on DA. Make him listen. Do the same thing to Dave.

I'm tired of people not listening, see. Griddles, at first, now fans, constantly. Further beyond PpGD are Bleedman and Dave, deaf to all kinds of advantages they could reap by paying attention to things their writers tell them.

Generally and specifically, that's why I get irritated. Diffuse the anger. Don't build it up.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am

BeeAre wrote:He wrote GT, and helped with the grammar for PpGD. Then PpGD stopped between late 2004 and Summer of 2007. Griddles attempted to offer more serious plot for a comic that was in a funk using his stories as a basis, and Bleedman didn't want to do that.
I'm curious as to the history of this part in particular. During the early days, Bleedman and Griddles couldn't be mentioned without mentioning the other- and Griddles liked Bell so much as to go on his own little tangent with her life... and I must admit- I find Griddles' work kinda riveting... in the 'not drawn like Bleedman but still kinda there' kind of way.

So the question is, what specifically about it- the idea behind Griddles' spin on Bell's Backstory didn't Bleedman like? Was it the baggage that came with being a Robot I.E. not actually being a Powerpuff Girl? (In that case what even DEFINES one anyway?) Or was it simply preference?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Blossom's hands will be bleeding or badly burned after this, given what BR has told us about the power of this attack.
I think that at this point for the other group Bubbles has "opened" the bunker door, and they are currently hold off Legion.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 5:11 am

I still think that was pretty stupid to kick the door down. I remember thinking: 'wait wait wait WAIT' when she lifted her foot.

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 03, 2013 9:21 am

Birdofterror wrote:I'm curious as to the history of this part in particular. During the early days, Bleedman and Griddles couldn't be mentioned without mentioning the other- and Griddles liked Bell so much as to go on his own little tangent with her life... and I must admit- I find Griddles' work kinda riveting... in the 'not drawn like Bleedman but still kinda there' kind of way.

I despise Griddles' early works because of their lack of imagination. They are predicated upon simple fallacy. Life is not to be weighed in necessity upon being carbon-based. Robotics is a false dichotomy to be discussing the purity of life on. The discussion about robotics is always dealing with formal logic vs the informal soul. These are different arguments and it gets muddy and clouded when you conflate them. Bleedman is surprisingly good at seeing when things get unnecessarily complicated. It's not so much that he is intolerant of complication in general, but he can see when things get overwhelming for other people. Not just himself. Strange but true.

Anyway, Griddles and I will never agree on that point, I feel, but it's immaterial at this juncture. We've moved onto a better story together that I want desperately to tell everyone about, but it needs Bleedman's support. Bleedman, who is notoriously reclusive, I heard wanted a tumblr or something? Of course, that's from our own Numa Katzroy, so take that one with a grain of salt. A bad idea if it's true. Good to hear if that's still just rumor-mongering. A tumblr and a tumbler-like diary-thing of his exploits as envisioned as some kind of little girl character who is a digital artist like himself. Also a bad idea, in my humble opinion. I won't stop him, but I feel no compulsion to not publicly say I would be against such an idea. I don't think it's wrong of me to do that, if you get me.

So the question is, what specifically about it- the idea behind Griddles' spin on Bell's Backstory didn't Bleedman like? Was it the baggage that came with being a Robot I.E. not actually being a Powerpuff Girl? (In that case what even DEFINES one anyway?) Or was it simply preference?

Bell being a robot, basically. He was aware in part of at least of the cloudiness in mucking up Bell with "robotic" perfection. Also there was the whole lack of thrill in knowing Griddles wouldn't deviate from his story once it was in stone. That's part of why Afterbirth was such a fiasco. Some pages, more words than drawing. That's bad. Griddles has had a tendency to ramble. Notice that in PpGD a lot of the pages are purposely dialogue light specifically to keep dialogue bubbles in line with the art. Specific pages have dialogue themes to them if they are dialogue-heavy. See the page entitled "Prolonging The Inevitable" for a very good example, if I do say so myself.

TheMadDoctor wrote:I still think that was pretty stupid to kick the door down. I remember thinking: 'wait wait wait WAIT' when she lifted her foot.

That is correct! It was dumb. :0)
BR

Postby Xi-1 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 am

It's damned impressive that Gir is made of material that can absorb, charge, and release Bell's attacks. This suggests that Dr X did some redesigning of his own to ensure 'Girly' would be a more ideal playmate for Bell. Another such change would be the program in Bell's hairband.

This page shows that Holmesvision can also be the wrong tool to use at certain times: Overthinking can cause one to freeze up in a hazardous, or even terminal manner. The change to Bell's attack from a single, dodgeable attack to a multi-beam that's much harder to dodge illustrates an instance where instinct might be faster than thought. Now, because each blast is as powerful as the original attack, Blossom takes damage even when she managed to block a blast (although it would be worse if she allowed a body-blow), and Bell is shown still feeding the blast's energy to Gir, so there's more on the way. Blossom's locked up blocking until someone comes to help or she relents and gets hit.

I've got a bad feeling about this.
A Page Flipper

Postby Drago2552 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:52 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
Baka-Fool wrote:What the heck is up with the blackout shadow job in the 4th panel on Blossom's left leg? It stands out like a sore thumb.

I think Bleed's trying to be PC here and avoid showing her "I see London, I see France". I know he's show it before, but something have made him reconsider since then (like a phone call from the FBI o.O ).

wait why? it is a comic. if the FBI has a problem with this then look at mangas they show shoots of girls all the time. Why would the FBI have a problem it is just a comic not real life.

sry messed up on the quote.

Postby Sigment » Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 am

Drago2552 wrote:wait why? it is a comic. if the FBI has a problem with this then look at mangas they show shoots of girls all the time. Why would the FBI have a problem it is just a comic not real life.

I got this off of Google images, is that okay?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Ha Ha fat chance!

(Portal: Still Alive reference incase any offense was mistakenly taken)
Last edited by The Mad Doctor on Fri May 03, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Havoc » Fri May 03, 2013 3:21 pm

BeeAre wrote:I'm tired of people not listening, see. Griddles, at first, now fans, constantly. Further beyond PpGD are Bleedman and Dave, deaf to all kinds of advantages they could reap by paying attention to things their writers tell them.

Boy, let me tell you BR, I've walked a mile in those shoes. Believe me, I know how upsetting that shit can get.

BeeAre wrote:Seriously, bother Bleedman and say that I mentioned a project idea that he doesn't seem interested in. He'll KNOW what you're talking about. Everyone here do it. Go spread it on DA. Make him listen. Do the same thing to Dave.

This "project idea", you mention, does it involve part of Jack's story (PPGD) being in GT? I don't have a DA, but is there some other way me, and the rest of the commonwealth here could help you out with this?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 pm

well. at Shark Robot, there is a contact email. bother dave on it saying, oh, i dunno, something like: BR seems depressed about how slowly he has come to expect no response for a good month.

The project is original. No outside influences. Irritating that Bleedman doesn't seem to be interested. -_-
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Didn't you say Bleedman is a recluse? Oh this is bad. I may be overeacting but I really don't think that would be good for his mental health. How often do you get responses from bleedman, BeeAre?

Postby BeeAre » Sun May 05, 2013 2:57 am

as long as i only talk about PpGD, regular updates.
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 05, 2013 6:28 am

Okay, that makes it even more creepy. As nice as it sounds that he's devoted to his work, it also scares me to hear thats all he really care's about now. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I still think that was pretty stupid to kick the door down. I remember thinking: 'wait wait wait WAIT' when she lifted her foot.

oh yeah... the minute i saw that... this was me :brickwall: "why... did... you... do... that... ow..."
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Sonata2011 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 pm

I like the Page Bleed dude :D
Dexter Rules

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Come to think of it, why haven't we seen BeeAre around lately?

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Avoiding previously drawn up issue? (opinion (maybe (i don't have the right to judge)))
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Exodis » Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Guys, BR just lost DMajor. He's probably taking time away from both comics and Snafu. Give the dude some time away from the comics.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Randori wrote:Guys, BR just lost DMajor. He's probably taking time away from both comics and Snafu. Give the dude some time away from the comics.

i like to think that's fairly obvious.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby supreamDKJ » Mon May 20, 2013 2:45 am

I just now made this account just simply to ask who DMajor is and what happened to him.Just a few minutes ago i was at the sugar bits forum and someone said he had cancer,is that true?If so did he lose his fight with it?
PS:Sorry for so many questions but i only started exploring the forums only a few months ago
natsu dragneel for life

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!