New PPGD and GT Prints?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD and GT Prints?

Postby ChaoSnafu » Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 pm

I was wondering if anyone else would like to see a wider variety of Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi and Grim Tales prints in the store as much as I would? I love the current prints, but I want to see more.

Re: New PPGD and GT Prints?

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 7:03 pm

I would also love it, my friend. I will discuss it with both Bleedman and Dave.

... when they stop ignoring literally everyone about everything except things that inconvenience them or are shiny enough to be a novelty -_-
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm

There will be a lot of copyright problems that will come with Publishing the comics.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Yup... well, kinda. AfterBirth was meant to be published and sold. The sale merely covering the costs of publication and production thought.

I'm still pissed about that thing, but whatever.

Prints on shirts though, that's alright.

I sorta wish Bleedman would do "how to draw videos" in some sort of manner.

Postby ChaoSnafu » Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:There will be a lot of copyright problems that will come with Publishing the comics.

I meant their prints (posters) that they sell on shark robot.

BeeAre wrote:I would also love it, my friend. I will discuss it with both Bleedman and Dave.

... when they stop ignoring literally everyone about everything except things that inconvenience them or are shiny enough to be a novelty -_-

Ah, is that how it is? Man, that sucks. I guess we won't be seeing a new print anytime soon. :(
Last edited by BeeAre on Thu May 02, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (please do not double post)

Postby rac7d » Thu May 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Is bleed still making promo art for each chapter ike he use to do for
1 2 3 and 4?

Postby Havoc » Fri May 03, 2013 12:15 am

Blood Lord wrote:Yup... well, kinda. AfterBirth was meant to be published and sold. The sale merely covering the costs of publication and production thought.

I'm still pissed about that thing, but whatever.

Prints on shirts though, that's alright.

I sorta wish Bleedman would do "how to draw videos" in some sort of manner.

I would love to be able to actually buy a paper back comic of both GT and PPGD. That would be the shit.

You know, I've always wondered about Shark Robot. At the risk of sounding stupid, I have to ask. How can Dave "legally" sell that stuff? I mean, PPG, Invader Zim, etc. are all copyrighted, right?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 am

Havoc751 wrote:You know, I've always wondered about Shark Robot. At the risk of sounding stupid, I have to ask. How can Dave "legally" sell that stuff? I mean, PPG, Invader Zim, etc. are all copyrighted, right?
Yeah, my Coin-man sense is tingling. There but be some kind of workaround if this is actually going on.

Something subtle... indirect.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guiltypleasure » Sun May 12, 2013 1:21 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:You know, I've always wondered about Shark Robot. At the risk of sounding stupid, I have to ask. How can Dave "legally" sell that stuff? I mean, PPG, Invader Zim, etc. are all copyrighted, right?
Yeah, my Coin-man sense is tingling. There but be some kind of workaround if this is actually going on.

There is a legal loophole around selling fan comics/doujinshi. Ever wonder how artists can sell tons and tons of doujinshi of very popular series and not get any flack?

Don't register your book with an ISBN (International Standard Book Number), which basically tells the world your book exists and can be purchased with an accompanying barcode serial. It's like a social security number for a book; if your book, in layman terms, does not have one, it does not have an identification of having been produced, and therefore, does not "exist" to go against copyright laws. Go to your local convention, check out some of those doujinshis, and you'll see absolutely none of them have ISBNs.

This can be said for just about anything without a barcode or number code as well. If you go into a grocery store, even the produce has some kind of four digit code. If you sell fan merchandise without a barcode, you are bypassing the copyright laws.

Although, I think -most- companies are aware that fan merchandise is being made and sold, but nearly all of it is not making even a fraction of the amount of money the companies themselves are let alone swaying profits to the fan merchandise. It's a minute problem in the grand scheme of things. That and in regards to doujinshi, most are created to cover production costs and shipping rather than making a substantial profit, simply because most people draw them because they love the series, and aren't trying to make money from it.

Hope this is helpful to the discussion. First post here, won't comment much, but I thought I'd chime in on here.

Postby Havoc » Sun May 12, 2013 2:06 am

Guiltypleasure wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:

There is a legal loophole around selling fan comics/doujinshi. Ever wonder how artists can sell tons and tons of doujinshi of very popular series and not get any flack?

Don't register your book with an ISBN (International Standard Book Number), which basically tells the world your book exists and can be purchased with an accompanying barcode serial. It's like a social security number for a book; if your book, in layman terms, does not have one, it does not have an identification of having been produced, and therefore, does not "exist" to go against copyright laws. Go to your local convention, check out some of those doujinshis, and you'll see absolutely none of them have ISBNs.

This can be said for just about anything without a barcode or number code as well. If you go into a grocery store, even the produce has some kind of four digit code. If you sell fan merchandise without a barcode, you are bypassing the copyright laws.

Although, I think -most- companies are aware that fan merchandise is being made and sold, but nearly all of it is not making even a fraction of the amount of money the companies themselves are let alone swaying profits to the fan merchandise. It's a minute problem in the grand scheme of things. That and in regards to doujinshi, most are created to cover production costs and shipping rather than making a substantial profit, simply because most people draw them because they love the series, and aren't trying to make money from it.

Hope this is helpful to the discussion. First post here, won't comment much, but I thought I'd chime in on here.

I see....Well thank you for shining some light on this matter.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun May 12, 2013 6:20 am

Welcome to the Forum, Guilty... and nice insight into the possible loopholes of fanfiction profits- something to consider.

I'm sure you'll do fine here if you decide to stay, juuuuuust fine.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)