Programming Block

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 am

Beeare: A blast from the past. Heh. HEH. This oughta hit someone so hard in the nostalgia that their eyes water up. Alternate Title: How Gir Got His Groove Back. The New Gir's got game, see. Or at least a fever. And the only prescription? Burn, baby, burn!
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Programming Block

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed May 01, 2013 3:37 am

Battle buddy 101
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed May 01, 2013 4:06 am

Wow didn't see that coming. Disco Inferno, coolest move ever
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Wed May 01, 2013 4:41 am

Omg that happened in the frist powerpuff girls movie! Bleedman you remembered!

Postby Shradow » Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 am

That's definitely cool and all, but part of me is sort of disappointed Final Flash was turned into that.

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 am

I remember that. Blossom did that to block all the spikes to protect that Talking Dog. Good memories from an epic childhood.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 am

Sometimes I don't understand how lasers can be slow.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby CallMeD. » Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 am

This is probably the first time there's ever been a reference to the movie used in the series, & I have to say it's well played. Even back then, when Blossom was pinned down by the endless assault of spikes from Mo Jo (who's been completely M.I.A. since his first appearance), she had to rely on the aid of her sisters to get her out of that predicament. This time, with Buttercup so engaged in combat against Samantha just up above from her (& seeing as Bubbles is still up top holding on to Courage for dear life), it looks as though Blossom is on her own for this deadly bombardment. Gir would appear to be the "Ace" Bell's been keeping hidden up her sleev... well skirt so to speak, being she doesn't have sleeves; that will stack the odds back in her favor.

Postby wonder3 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 am

Half expecting one of five things happening.
1. Otto ignoring the time rules and saving one or all involved in this incident
2. Buttercup crashing through the ceiling and pounding on Sam in the process interrupting and possibly crushing Gir or landing on Bell.
3. some MIB wanna be hero come crashing through with the monster on his tail saying something like"I cannot believe I thought today was going to be easy" or something like that because all they had thought they had to worry about was a few super genius mistakes.
4. XJ9 breaking out of the cluster portal bug's control and thrashing the hive to little bits or her being completely assimilated into a hive soldier.
5. A Genius actually figuring out that most of the enemy combatants are made of metal and creating EMP pulse and that actually being the explosion instead of the Bomb.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Drago2552 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 am

Gir just turned into badass lvl 2 with combat ability.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed May 01, 2013 11:50 am

It's weird that they actually don't have some kind of super defense system in the core. Because if a supervillain goes there he will easily defeat the MIB agents. I was expecting someone like Atom Ant to be a security system there (in his updated version of the promo art of course)
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby rac7d » Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am

Wow Gir way to go with the assist. Not everyone has to be be full contact, support and teamwork is excellent.
Big beams are always slower, dragonball Zlogic of energy
hence frieza death beam a small power laser shot, which bell also can uses( refer back to bellicose)

Wonder Woman Is blossom's female hero afterall

Beeare i must comend you on always doing what i least expect
so i guess we can expect Bell to speed warp behind blossom and start and epic assult and flurry of furious punches and gracefull kick, of which blosom wont be able to counter as well as she did (inevitable) previously
or will it be a total upset, i hope we have a new page by sunday mdnight
Last edited by BeeAre on Thu May 02, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: (to use the youtube tag, just put in the youtube registry code AKA the letters after the equal sign)

Postby Baka-Fool » Wed May 01, 2013 1:00 pm

What the heck is up with the blackout shadow job in the 4th panel on Blossom's left leg? It stands out like a sore thumb.
"Optimistic wishes usually don't come true." - Triela (Gunslinger Girls)

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Various Characters

Postby konata50 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Bell is probably going to fly super fast from the center and deliver a punch or kick to the gut that will put her on her knees..seems like a thing to do when somebody is blocking you like that knowing Bell it was a distraction to get a strong physical blow on her she does not seem less intelligent now
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Sigment » Wed May 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Baka-Fool wrote:What the heck is up with the blackout shadow job in the 4th panel on Blossom's left leg? It stands out like a sore thumb.

I think Bleed's trying to be PC here and avoid showing her "I see London, I see France". I know he's show it before, but something have made him reconsider since then (like a phone call from the FBI o.O ).
TheMadDoctor wrote:Sometimes I don't understand how lasers can be slow.

Energy, no matter the form it takes, needs time to travel from one place to another. I might be wrong here, but I figure that the larger the amount of energy that is moving, the slower it moves. It's also possible that the attack is not moving slow, but rather Blossom is calculating her next move very quickly.
Using mirrors (essentially) to affect the trajectory of an attack. I'm suddenly thinking back to Yu Yu Hakusho... Yusuke Vs. Hiei... *sigh* Good times...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mendicant Bias » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Ah... memories of a past distant and long forgotten now come rushing back like a torrent of glacial melt water. Thank you for bring back those fond memories of that time of my life all of those years ago.
Beggar after knowledge

Postby konata50 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 am

wow some pantyshots have really been censored :3
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby CallMeD. » Thu May 02, 2013 4:18 am

One interesting thought that crossed my mind, is whether or not the overwhelming power of the blast has been dispersed or magnified by Gir's actions. Although Gir could be viewed as Bell's greatest weakness; it would appear that his abilities are capable of amplifying her strengths when fighting at her side. Examining the page, you can see that he not only changes it's appearance, but also it's nature of the attack (going from a slow moving mass of destructive energy to a faster & more focused bombardment). More than likely this attack will either sap Blossom of her stamina, or inflict enough damage to take her down a notch or two; stacking the odds in their favor in this 2 against 1 assault.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 4:57 am

konata50 wrote:wow some pantyshots have really been censored :3

Blighttown is easy

Postby wonder3 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:18 am

:!: Just a quick review as to what is currently happening here:
1. Blossom fighting Bell and Gir while trying to avoid setting off the bomb
2. Buttercup losing some control and fighting against Sam
3. Bubbles fighting tooth and nail with Courage against the Cluster hive
4. the league of genius scientists(Wakeman, Utonium, and Dib's father) trying to figure out how to keep the cluster at bay
5. after making a new security code Dexter ran off some where.
6. Otto teleported to do something.
7.Monkey fighting Cluster general
8. XJ9 is still being used as a portal
9. Vexus and her royal guard has not appeared after completely annihilating Atomic Betty's team.
10. Mojo just up and disappeared
11. Zim is back with X in the evil villain/darkstar council hideout probably messing something up
12. the RRB have a mission but does not say what it is.
13. Jack is incapacitated
14. Gaz, Mandy, Coop, Dib, and Grim have not taken any action on the matter.
15. MIB and Sky Patrol are dealing with the larger hive creations like the giant beetle.

Think that covers everyone important in PPGD unless the shadowpuff girls become reality in PPGD or the power punk girls show up. and the panty shots got censored so not a big deal an artist has the right to censor their work.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 5:23 pm

CallMeD. wrote:One interesting thought that crossed my mind, is whether or not the overwhelming power of the blast has been dispersed or magnified by Gir's actions. Although Gir could be viewed as Bell's greatest weakness; it would appear that his abilities are capable of amplifying her strengths when fighting at her side. Examining the page, you can see that he not only changes it's appearance, but also it's nature of the attack (going from a slow moving mass of destructive energy to a faster & more focused bombardment). More than likely this attack will either sap Blossom of her stamina, or inflict enough damage to take her down a notch or two; stacking the odds in their favor in this 2 against 1 assault.

The power has been technically amplified because Gir charged the shot once he stored it. The loss in momentum and impact power was restored to its original strength, only now over every shot. The onboard computer behaviors he's getting from Bell's Alice band are helping him both interpret the shot's power and copying the shot's frequency, emitting a bunch of blasts all at once that each have Bell's original strength.

wonder3 wrote::!: Just a quick review as to what is currently happening here:
1. Blossom fighting Bell and Gir while trying to avoid setting off the bomb
2. Buttercup losing some control and fighting against Sam
3. Bubbles fighting tooth and nail with Courage against the Cluster hive
4. the league of genius scientists(Wakeman, Utonium, and Dib's father) trying to figure out how to keep the cluster at bay
5. after making a new security code Dexter ran off some where.
6. Otto teleported to do something.
7.Monkey fighting Cluster general
8. XJ9 is still being used as a portal
9. Vexus and her royal guard has not appeared after completely annihilating Atomic Betty's team.
10. Mojo just up and disappeared
11. Zim is back with X in the evil villain/darkstar council hideout probably messing something up
12. the RRB have a mission but does not say what it is.
13. Jack is incapacitated
14. Gaz, Mandy, Coop, Dib, and Grim have not taken any action on the matter.
15. MIB and Sky Patrol are dealing with the larger hive creations like the giant beetle.

Think that covers everyone important in PPGD unless the shadowpuff girls become reality in PPGD or the power punk girls show up. and the panty shots got censored so not a big deal an artist has the right to censor their work.

The ones we haven't seen in a while are not forgotten.

Mojo showed up very briefly during Bell's exploits on the moon. His dialogue with Zim is rather telling. He'll turn up.

The boys are coming back as well.

If Mandy, Gaz, or Dib is at the convention center, they can't do anything about what's happening. If they, like Coop, are not at the convention center at all, they don't know what's happening in any capacity that would get them to the place soon enough. Coop would have to be watching the news, or at least his friends would have to be watching the news.

...lol I can totally write off his ignorance as Jamie and Kiva still being makey-outie all up ons Megas and Coop is all "can you pull your faces apart for one flipping minute you are making me gag on my nachos".

Vexus is BUSY. Betty is INJURED.

...Who are the Shadowpuff Girls. |:

The Powerpunks aren't going to be appearing in any significant capacity as far as I know. They have one place they might be possible to fit in, but don't hold your breath.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

BeeAre wrote:...Who are the Shadowpuff Girls. |:

Out of everyone who goes on the forums here, I never thought that you never even heard of Griddles fan fiction Black and White.

Blighttown is easy

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 5:32 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:

Out of everyone who goes on the forums here, I never thought that you never even heard of Griddles fan fiction Black and White.

oh IS THAT what they're called. I knew them individually (which is something I dislike haha) but thought they were like. I dunno called the Psychopuffs or something.

Anyhow, Barasia already appeared. That's the only place she'll appear. |8

Griddles' story is not PpGD. It's been so long since I've said that in place of "GT is not PpGD" that I am almost amused rather than angry.

So I won't slaughter you, CallMeD. Consider yourself lucky.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 5:43 pm

BeeAre wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

oh IS THAT what they're called. I knew them individually (which is something I dislike haha) but thought they were like. I dunno called the Psychopuffs or something.

Anyhow, Barasia already appeared. That's the only place she'll appear. |8

Griddles' story is not PpGD. It's been so long since I've said that in place of "GT is not PpGD" that I am almost amused rather than angry.

So I won't slaughter you, CallMeD. Consider yourself lucky.

Wait, you're not trying to threaten ME are you?

Blighttown is easy

Postby Sigment » Thu May 02, 2013 5:55 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Wait, you're not trying to threaten ME are you?

No, he's talking to the guy who's forum name is actually "CallMeD.".
I do have a question though... Blossom said in the first panel that the initial attack was too "hot" to be blocked, yet she's deflected numerous DI shots. Are they any easier to deflect than the original attack, or does each deflection cause her great pain? BR, you probably know the answer so...
:sosad:
Pweaze hewp meh...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!