New PPGD 5/1/13 - Programing Block

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD 5/1/13 - Programing Block

Postby Numa430 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:35 am

So by blocking the blast, it turns into Disco!
Or something like that..
Under the bed

Re: New PPGD 5/1/13 - Programing Block

Postby Slendy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:39 am

So the point of the large blast was that it was too intense to simply block, but with the downside of being slow and easy to dodge. So Gir "fixes" this by separating the beam into many smaller blasts that are unavoidable, but now apparently easy to block. Is it me, or did the entire attack seem pointless?
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Numa430 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 am

Distracting her long enough from those blocks and Gir will let go of the energy beam that Bell has launch for Blossom?
Under the bed

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 am

Wrong color shoes again.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Bandit » Wed May 01, 2013 6:06 am

Slendy wrote:So the point of the large blast was that it was too intense to simply block, but with the downside of being slow and easy to dodge. So Gir "fixes" this by separating the beam into many smaller blasts that are unavoidable, but now apparently easy to block. Is it me, or did the entire attack seem pointless?

Diversion tactics are usually flashy and dull... you could call them a paradox. ;)
Numa Katzroy wrote:Distracting her long enough from those blocks and Gir will let go of the energy beam that Bell has launch for Blossom?

What energy beam?

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 am

Last panel:
PPG the movie when a mutated giant Mojo is shooting spiked hair at Blossom like bullets and she's blocking in a similar motion.
Nice reference.

Is Buttercup gonna drop a bus in the next page?

(kidding in that last part)
Bark

Postby Bboy DrMadison » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 am

In Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3... 2 of the best players in the world (if not THE 2 BEST) use this technique...
The "Projectile lockdown" Technique...
The opponent is forced to block the barrage of incoming projectiles, until the many tiny hits take their toll, the shooter can move into a more favorable position, OR the blocker is forced to do a move otherwise against their better judgment...

Either way, the technique CAN'T be beaten unless your ONE character is stronger then the shooting 2 COMBINED,
OR you have an AMAZING assist partner of your own.
Things weren't "Better back in the day!"... Trust me... I was there.
We just don't know how good we have things until they're "Different".
http://drmadison.deviantart.com/
Sage on the mountain

Postby MissTikilicious » Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 am

Blossom's Sherlock coolness has finally worn off...what she gonna do now?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby NeoVersion7 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Burn baby burn~ ♪
NeoWarrior7 wrote:Ah, I knew I made my clone too nice.

My Gallery: http://neoversion7.deviantart.com
Nonsensei

Postby rac7d » Wed May 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Wow Gir way to go with the assist. Not everyone has to be be full contact, support and teamwork is excellent.
Big beams are always slower, dragonball Zlogic of energy
hence frieza death beam a small power laser shot, which bell also can uses( refer back to bellicose)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZdIihnlqvk[/youtube]
Wonder Woman Is blossom's female hero afterall

Beeare i must comend you on always doing what i least expect
so i guess we can expect Bell to speed warp behind blossom and start and epic assult and flurry of furious punches and gracefull kick, of which blosom wont be able to counter as well as she did (inevitable) previously
or will it be a total upset, i hope we have a new page by sunday mdnight

Postby Birdofterror » Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Wrong color shoes again.
I think it's monochrome. The stance that is, so the shoes are also that color.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby myneopetsarestarving » Wed May 01, 2013 3:35 pm

For a second, I thought the hand in the sixth panel was going to punch Blossom in the face.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed May 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Awwww, Blossom. You're so cute.

so i guess we can expect Bell to speed warp behind blossom and start and epic assult and flurry of furious punches and gracefull kick, of which blosom wont be able to counter as well as she did (inevitable) previously
or will it be a total upset,

Or we'll still be a little right and a few of the blasts will implode the wall separating them from Buttercup and Sam and the two fights will crash into eachother. Bell being pissed enough and Sam being alive enough for a us to temporarily think they have the upperhand.

This page is so cute. We're reminded that they're the fucking Powerpuff Girls Gawd I love them.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I don't understand how nearly being blasted by several different lasers in multiple directions is suposed to be "cute". But if you have a differen't thought process then, hey, its cute. :D

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Dudley » Wed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Disco song reference and PPG movie reference?
Nice.

Postby Banshee » Wed May 01, 2013 5:27 pm

One big ball of energy, no problem. Gir with a disco ball making the energy split, that's just cheating.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed May 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Birdofterror wrote:

In monocrome, Blossom's shoes would be grey, not black (they're medium brown). The color's gotten screwed up before, I see no reason it couldn't have gotten screwed up again. We're so used to Blossom's shoes (and indeed the shoes of all the rest of the PPG, since they all wear the same kind) being black I think that every know and then black just becomes the default. And the fact that, unlike Bubbles and Buttercup, Blossom's shoes are similar to the style she normally wears (not identical though, these seems dressier Mary Janes, with a thinner sole and without the "bump toe" her day to day one's have) likey makes it doubly confusing.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Oooooh with her eyes closed! But how long could she keep that up for? Bell's gonna have to keep that blast going!

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!

TheMadDoctor wrote:I don't understand how nearly being blasted by several different lasers in multiple directions is suposed to be "cute". But if you have a differen't thought process then, hey, its cute. :D

Agreed :D
rac7d wrote:
Wonder Woman Is blossom's female hero afterall

Well, not just Blossom, but the PowerPuff Girls. Wonder Woman is the role model. Funny how the other DC Comics characters they have, the girls dunno anyone else except for Wonder Woman. In psychology, when studying up a kid, you learn that its who kids look up to - A hero/role model. Its TRUE!

Banshee wrote:One big ball of energy, no problem. Gir with a disco ball making the energy split, that's just cheating.

So? LOL
I am the Winner

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 01, 2013 6:41 pm

I noticed a missed panty shot in the fifth panel.
Last edited by The Mad Doctor on Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Cerulean » Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Bboy DrMadison wrote:In Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3... 2 of the best players in the world (if not THE 2 BEST) use this technique...
The "Projectile lockdown" Technique...
The opponent is forced to block the barrage of incoming projectiles, until the many tiny hits take their toll, the shooter can move into a more favorable position, OR the blocker is forced to do a move otherwise against their better judgment...

Either way, the technique CAN'T be beaten unless your ONE character is stronger then the shooting 2 COMBINED,
OR you have an AMAZING assist partner of your own.

Then (provided that Buttercup/Sam don't interrupt anytime soon) this means Blossom is going down (since Bell is stronger than her). I can see two possibilities (one of which is admittedly listed with yours):

1.) Bell moving closer so that she is in position for a barrage of attacks.
2.) Gir taking the disco ball down so that the big beam hits Blossom while she is distracted.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Awwww, Blossom. You're so cute.

or will it be a total upset,

Or we'll still be a little right and a few of the blasts will implode the wall separating them from Buttercup and Sam and the two fights will crash into each other. Bell being pissed enough and Sam being alive enough for a us to temporarily think they have the upperhand.

This page is so cute. We're reminded that they're the fucking Powerpuff Girls Gawd I love them.

I also think that some beams will do damage elsewhere (resulting in the fights possibly being joined). I can't help but feel that if that happened though, then the odds would still be tipped in favor of Bell/Gir/Sam. However, I do wonder if Sam's ego would prevent a cohesive fighting structure (between Sam, Bell and Gir).

I loved the PPG movie reference.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby duzzkiller » Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Uh-oh.That block will not take too long.
I thought she will do the same thing when she saw Dexter kissing Olga! lol

Postby Havoc » Wed May 01, 2013 11:17 pm

I have to wonder if those small energy balls are still doing some damage to Blossom, even though she's deflecting them. Like singeing her arms. From what I'm seeing here, Gir is helping to fill the intellect gap between Bell and Blossom. Bells providing the raw strength, while Gir optimizes her attacks.

bluebluetopaz wrote:Then (provided that Buttercup/Sam don't interrupt anytime soon) this means Blossom is going down (since Bell is stronger than her). I can see two possibilities (one of which is admittedly listed with yours):

2.) Gir taking the disco ball down so that the big beam hits Blossom while she is distracted.

I see both of those possibilities being very likely. But for number one to be true, wouldn't Bell have to cease her attack? This could Blossom a chance to regain her composure, if Bell isn't quick enough.

I could also see Gir himself pulling off some sort of attack, while Blossoms dealing with the energy waves.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu May 02, 2013 12:00 am

Havoc751 wrote:I have to wonder if those small energy balls are still doing some damage to Blossom, even though she's deflecting them. Like singeing her arms. From what I'm seeing here, Gir is helping to fill the intellect gap between Bell and Blossom. Bells providing the raw strength, while Gir optimizes her attacks.

bluebluetopaz wrote:Then (provided that Buttercup/Sam don't interrupt anytime soon) this means Blossom is going down (since Bell is stronger than her). I can see two possibilities (one of which is admittedly listed with yours):

I see both of those possibilities being very likely. But for number one to be true, wouldn't Bell have to cease her attack? This could Blossom a chance to regain her composure, if Bell isn't quick enough.

I could also see Gir himself pulling off some sort of attack, while Blossoms dealing with the energy waves.

That is a very good point that you brought up (about Gir being the brains and Bell the brawn). Her hands are bare, so it is possible that she has some damage.

True, Bell would probably have to cancel her attack. I can't really remember, but are Blossom and Bell equal speed-wise? I know Bell is stronger, but I can't recall if speed was ever brought up. In this situation, fortunately she has Gir with her, so (as you mentioned) I can definitely see Gir joining the fray by attacking Blossom (or at the very least restraining/distracting her long enough for Bell to attack).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:

In monocrome, Blossom's shoes would be grey, not black (they're medium brown). The color's gotten screwed up before, I see no reason it couldn't have gotten screwed up again. We're so used to Blossom's shoes (and indeed the shoes of all the rest of the PPG, since they all wear the same kind) being black I think that every know and then black just becomes the default. And the fact that, unlike Bubbles and Buttercup, Blossom's shoes are similar to the style she normally wears (not identical though, these seems dressier Mary Janes, with a thinner sole and without the "bump toe" her day to day one's have) likey makes it doubly confusing.

It's not precisely a simple monochrome by grayscale. It's "Sherlock-O-Vision". Or what we've been calling our "Prediction Panel(s)" filter. I am not certain if Bleedman simply shifted the grayscale or merely turned it all blue, thus impacting her shoes. >_>

Havoc751 wrote:I have to wonder if those small energy balls are still doing some damage to Blossom, even though she's deflecting them. Like singeing her arms. From what I'm seeing here, Gir is helping to fill the intellect gap between Bell and Blossom. Bells providing the raw strength, while Gir optimizes her attacks.

This is good information on which to keep your attention. I intentionally had her say it was too hot to block... and then block it.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 am

BeeAre wrote:This is good information on which to keep your attention. I intentionally had her say it was too hot to block... and then block it.
Oh, I think I can guess what's going to happen next then.

"That attack is too strong to block! ...

I'm going to block it anyway!"

And then it's blocked.

Then the world goes boom.

What do I win?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)