New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:28 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Wow I can't believe you caught it, MadDoc lol. What do you think will happen with the whole Dexter thing?

I think chuck norris will walk out of the Tardis and give a roundhouse kick to olga, just to end this before it gets worse. I don't honestly know. I really can't predict these really well. Once you kind of think about it, one of the possible reasons I think why BeeAre posts in these forums is to get our reaction, and piss us off later, using our predictions to figure out what would shock us the most.

Haha!

Havoc751 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'd say AT LEAST early 30's. All that training he had as a child probably took quite a while, and then we have all his Aku fighting time which must be quite a few years. He may even already be in his 40's by now; he doesn't look that old, but he does seem to take pretty good care of himself as part of his training (and not to get racial, but statiscally (according to the article in last month's National Geograpic The Japanese do have a an unusually high number of males gentically inclined to live long and age well.)
Actually Jack as he is in the comic is a bit of an age paradox. The TV series shows clearly (in the episode with the time portal and the blue swordsman that Jack is ancient by the time he finally defeats Aku (and is entitled to use the time portal) So either the Snafu comic happens in a universe parallel to that one (one in which either Jack hasn't faced Aku yet or beat him at a much younger age, and in either case wound up in the present age (as opposed to either the future or his own time).

I looked on the Samurai Jack Wikia, Google searched samurai jack's age, and even asked BR. But I could not come up with anything about Jack's age. I still say his age rang would be somewhere between, early 20's to late 20's, possibly early 30's, but I still say early 20's. I don't think he'd be anywhere close to his 40's, because he doesn't appear to have any, wrinkles, crows feet, grey hair, or anything that indicates middle-age. Also, I'm not so sure Buttercup would fall for him if he was too old, but that's just me.

Also, Mon. When I asked BeeAre about Jack's age, he said:

BeeAre wrote:However old he is at the end of the current show's continuity and maybe tops two or so years.


So either it took him two years to find away back in time, or when he traveled back in time, he arrived two years prior to the PPG moving to Megaville.

Yeah, he has to be around his 30s... Early 30s that is!

Havoc751 wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Yes, I know about the rumors very well. Even if those rumors are a bit shady to this point that we're currently in. Uh... I disagree with you about that thing with why Brisbane is not there. My POV is that Brisbane has his own company and is the CEO of his business. He has to run it. If anything, Brisbane can be at the place for a short period of time and just leave to go back to work.

I was under the impression Brisbane was part of the government. I mean that's not to say he works/runs some sort of private research facility, or something. There's a lot we don't know about him, or the RRB.

As for him being Dr.X, it's just a rumor, and a flimsy one at that. As a matter a fact, this page seems to somewhat contradict this claim. You can clearly see, was seems to be Bell's father in human form. That's not to say Dr.X can shape-shift or something.

Also, there's something else about Dr.X that was mentioned in Black and White. Something rather surprising, and important, but I don't know if it's canon in this comic or not.

True, there's alot we don't know about Dr.X. I think we could guess about the RRBs.

I know. That link there... You assume that's Dr. X as Dr. Brisbane in human form? It could be someone we don't know about. Heh, the man looks like Kunzite from Sailor Moon. I never said nor didn't I ever say that he couldn't shape-shift. I think you're thinking that Dr. X has the power to resurrect someone. I don't doubt that. He seems like he can give Samurai Jack a run for his money and would be ultimately difficult to go up against. Dr.X seems like a Darkstalkers character LOL

Havoc751 wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Since that explosion happened, I think that the RowdyRuff Boys will make another appearance by during their training at Brisbane's and notice a huge gigantic light. That light will disrupt their training. I think Brisbane will see it as well, worry about I.M Weasel and tell the RowdyRuff Boys to go and check on him to see if he's ok and if he's in any trouble, help him. I could see that happening...

If Brisbane's working for the Dark Star, then I think it's completely possible he's somehow keeping the RRB from interfering with what's going on. Now that I think about it, the fact that he resurrected the RowdyRough Boys, could be evidences that he's working for the wrong side. I mean the RRB are one of the only villain to actually defeat the Powerpuff Girls in combat.

Has that been confirmed that he's working for the Dark Star? True. They did and tied the first fight. Not sure about the second. The third wasn't really a battle. Not sure how someone could be defeated by laughing. Not sure how PPG could come up with a plan like that when they basically planned on the destruction of Princess Morebucks' machines. Not mentioning anything on the fourth appearance. Agh! The boys were never actually defeated by the girls in their episodes. Except that they tied on their debut. Fight fire with fire... Fire always wins LOL

TheMadDoctor wrote:you know what, I'm gonna think less logical and more like a writer. As they are the ones who do the last thing you'd expect, which is (unfortunately) the last thing you'd want them to do. It's a start for me, as all I see is people trying to figure out something that would make sense, not what would make it good. As for the I.M. weasel not calling the RRBs, it would make sense that they are not ready for deployment yet, as that would blow the projects secret. You know it's a secret project, when they label it with a code name. You also know it's in development, when they are also doing a training exercise, when last seen.

You do that, MadDoc LOL I dunno man. I don't think the RRBs need training. They need more of an education. It's what I keep saying since the PPGs have a bit of trouble going up against them. Only way the PPGs can defeat them is using feminine wiles, but I do agree that Project: ROWDY must remain a secret. Meh... I guess its the battle between Brain vs Braun just to balance it out, but the thing is, is that Bubbles isn't doing anything there. Not much protection against those monsters. That blast of light is just too hard to ignore. Oy Just put the freakin RRBs in that Matrix thing so they can learn Kung Fu and many other styles that would make them like a 'machine' like Neo and go Super Saiyan. <sighs> Their last mission should be is to get an education.

Mad-Mutt wrote:I'm going to just throw this out there, even though I might be the minority in thinking this.
But I would kind of like to see the RRB be villains.

For all we know they are, because they've barley appeared and we don't know their motivations in this comic. So who knows.

They were created to be the whole "Evil Twin" thing and be some villains who could actually go toe-to-toe with the girls like they are their equals. And I like them better in that regard (even though I don't really like them that much) than as good guys.

Well, I might like them if they're like a little good, but still dicks like Vegeta when he was just starting to turn good. They might help out sometimes, but you still don't trust them.
I guess I just like them better in an antagonistic role. It could just be because almost everyone in the PPG fandom tries to make the RRB good and I'm just bored of it. Its not that I hate the idea of them being good guys, I'm just indifferent about it.

They don't seem to actually be villains. And that's judging from all their episodes. Except for the debut episode. I dunno, I keep thinking that they're Anti-Hero's who's been under the influence of evil. I guess in this webcomic, it kinda supports that when Butch was about to blast Jenny into pieces, Brick stopped him and Brisbane was like impressed.
I dunno about that whole "Evil Twin" thing, Mad-Mutt. I mean, when you have Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice and Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails. How could you call that a clone or doppelganger of some sort by those ingredients? Chemical X is what gave both the RRBs and PPGs their life and powers and kinda their personality. Even if it does seem like they look like each other, I would say "they're not." I remember in the RRBs debut episode, Blossom asked "What's up with those guys" instead of any of them ever saying that they look alike. And why in the blue hell would you wanna kiss your own clone and say that you kinda like kissing? In Ultimate Spider-Man, Jessica Drew AKA Spider-Woman is the female clone of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Even it was acknowledged right there in their meeting with one another was that she said she is the female clone of him, but you don't see them kissing each other or anything like that. Hell, I don't think either of us would wanna kiss an opposite sex clone of ours and/or even same sex clone.

That would be pretty cool though. THAT is something I see happening in the possibilities of this webcomic.

DUDE... Vegeta's AWESOME!!! How can he be a dick? I mean, I like Goku alot better, but C'MON... Over 9,000- Best quote. I can't believe you said that! Even if he's the rebel of the team, its fun with him around (DON'T think of anything perverted with that statement, people)



Anyways, that last comment is understandable!

Havoc751 wrote:I kinda like the idea of them being anti-heroes. As you put it, like Vegeta. Where they start to become good guys, but there're some issues with there alliance. But gradually, they start to become better and better. If they are straight up evil and antagonistic, then I kinda hope they get killed. Just because if they make the transition to good, than there's a lot of interesting character development to be had. However if they stay evil, than I really don't see myself staying invested in their character for too long. But I could be wrong.

I think that was the idea. Why do you hope that?
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'd say AT LEAST early 30's. All that training he had as a child probably took quite a while, and then we have all his Aku fighting time which must be quite a few years. He may even already be in his 40's by now; he doesn't look that old, but he does seem to take pretty good care of himself as part of his training (and not to get racial, but statiscally (according to the article in last month's National Geograpic The Japanese do have a an unusually high number of males gentically inclined to live long and age well.)
Actually Jack as he is in the comic is a bit of an age paradox. The TV series shows clearly (in the episode with the time portal and the blue swordsman that Jack is ancient by the time he finally defeats Aku (and is entitled to use the time portal) So either the Snafu comic happens in a universe parallel to that one (one in which either Jack hasn't faced Aku yet or beat him at a much younger age, and in either case wound up in the present age (as opposed to either the future or his own time).

I looked on the Samurai Jack Wikia, Google searched samurai jack's age, and even asked BR. But I could not come up with anything about Jack's age. I still say his age rang would be somewhere between, early 20's to late 20's, possibly early 30's, but I still say early 20's. I don't think he'd be anywhere close to his 40's, because he doesn't appear to have any, wrinkles, crows feet, grey hair, or anything that indicates middle-age. Also, I'm not so sure Buttercup would fall for him if he was too old, but that's just me.


The point I was trying to make with the last two lines of my comment was that it is entirely possible for Jack to be in his 40's and not LOOK like he was in his 40's. Not everyone ages at the same rate. I look something like 10-12 years older than I actually am (hair thins early in my family) and have since at least colledge when I started growing my beard. I almost never got carded in my entire college life, since even when I was 17 I looked at least 25 (Pity I don't drink, and so never took advantage of that fact). A lot of people of Scottish decent have thier hair turn silver/white when they are in thier 20's (Steve Martin and Leslie Nielsen are good example) Patrick Stewart claims he went totally bald when he was 19 (or why you can't find anything he was in before he lost his hair, there really isn't anything.) Likewise, there are plently of people who reach thier 40's and even thier 50's with wrinkle free faces, fully colored hair (there are plenty of people whose hair NEVER greys or falls out) etc. I'm not saying jack has to be that old, just that it is possible.

Havoc751 wrote:Also, Mon. When I asked BeeAre about Jack's age, he said:

BeeAre wrote:However old he is at the end of the current show's continuity and maybe tops two or so years.


So either it took him two years to find away back in time, or when he traveled back in time, he arrived two years prior to the PPG moving to Megaville.


Okay so that sort of answers the question of where the two time lines diverge. Actually that could explain why Jack is there in the present day, he had some inkling of what was going to happen in the present day, and came back to try and stop it and put the time line right again (if wahtever is happening causes the world to end, there is no future, which means he can't face and destroy Aku there, which means he can't go back to his own time. As.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Just wanted to say that my comic book instructor, Alvin Lee is going to Riot Games. I'm thinking new artwork for League of Legends. I am SO jealous LOL

Anyways, for this, Mon-Kitsune just gave me a thought about Aku. Does anyone think that Aku will be in this webcomic later on?
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Not likely. More likely a mention.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:05 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Anyways, for this, Mon-Kitsune just gave me a thought about Aku. Does anyone think that Aku will be in this webcomic later on?

It depends if he plays a part in Jack's background story. I'm not sure the girls will directly meet him though.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18973
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Havoc » Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 am

CTCFirebird wrote:I think that was the idea. Why do you hope that?

I don't know. I can't see myself getting 'invested' in the RowdyRough Boys if they were to stay evil, without any character development, or redeemable qualities. If they were to make the the transition from villains, to anti-heroes, I'd be far more interested. But them staying evil just seems like a dead end for their development. If this is the case, than killing them off just sounds like a better way to go.

Blood Lord wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Anyways, for this, Mon-Kitsune just gave me a thought about Aku. Does anyone think that Aku will be in this webcomic later on?

It depends if he plays a part in Jack's background story. I'm not sure the girls will directly meet him though.

It's hard to say. Aku was on the Approved List in the PPGD suggestion thread, but since he's now in GT, adding him might give "some people" the wrong idea. But at the same time, he could play a crucial role in Jack's side of the story.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:The point I was trying to make with the last two lines of my comment was that it is entirely possible for Jack to be in his 40's and not LOOK like he was in his 40's. Not everyone ages at the same rate. I look something like 10-12 years older than I actually am (hair thins early in my family) and have since at least colledge when I started growing my beard. I almost never got carded in my entire college life, since even when I was 17 I looked at least 25 (Pity I don't drink, and so never took advantage of that fact). A lot of people of Scottish decent have thier hair turn silver/white when they are in thier 20's (Steve Martin and Leslie Nielsen are good example) Patrick Stewart claims he went totally bald when he was 19 (or why you can't find anything he was in before he lost his hair, there really isn't anything.) Likewise, there are plently of people who reach thier 40's and even thier 50's with wrinkle free faces, fully colored hair (there are plenty of people whose hair NEVER greys or falls out) etc. I'm not saying jack has to be that old, just that it is possible.

You have a point with the "takes good care of himself" thing. Yet, at the same time, he's probably one of the most overworked, and over-stressed, Cartoon Network characters ever, and stress can add age to your appearance. The most notable example of this is the way a U.S. president looks before, and after taking office. So given everything Jack's been through, he could actually be 10 years younger than he looks. Just thought I'd that out there. I'm still gonna go with "he's somewhere in his 20's", unless I'm told otherwise.

CTCFirebird wrote:Has that been confirmed that he's working for the Dark Star?

No, I was just pitching the theory that he might be. Hell we don't even know why Brisbane brought the RRB back to life. And even if it was for a good cause, like to help protect this planet, or to make them in to heroes, Brisbane might have ulterior motives.

CTCFirebird wrote:I know. That link there... You assume that's Dr. X as Dr. Brisbane in human form? It could be someone we don't know about. Heh, the man looks like Kunzite from Sailor Moon. I never said nor didn't I ever say that he couldn't shape-shift. I think you're thinking that Dr. X has the power to resurrect someone. I don't doubt that. He seems like he can give Samurai Jack a run for his money and would be ultimately difficult to go up against. Dr.X seems like a Darkstalkers character

I don't know. It would make sense if the man standing next to Bell and Mandark was Dr.X in human form. I mean, who else could he be? And like I said, Brisbane being Dr.X, is just a rumor, and a poor one at that. Dr.X's powers and capabilities are very unknown at this point. I do expect him to be some sort of overpowering badass. What I'm hoping to see is one of the PPG punch Dr.X in the face, and all he does is just stand there, without so much as flinching. Like when Piccolo, punched Frieza in the face.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dj1107 and 2 guests