Disney buys Star Wars

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Rival » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Yeah, not some whose too cheap to buy stabilizers for his camera.

Heh Didn't even know about that.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12799
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, Lucas doesn't have his hands on it anymore. This could be a good thing.
Image
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Lays off Lucasarts employees and cancels starwars 1313... i'm pissed
Image
Flerp flerps
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Yoshi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 am

Well, maybe with LucasArts gone Telltale can buy the licenses and give me games I actually want to play.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12585
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:38 am
Location: In A Tree Gathering My Nuts
Gender: None specified

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Guardian » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:14 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:cancels starwars 1313...

Thank God. I wasn't looking forward to this at all.

I do hope though that this isn't the end for all Star Wars games.

Yoshi wrote:Well, maybe with LucasArts gone Telltale can buy the licenses and give me games I actually want to play.

This.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Hell Princess Miko » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 am

so do tell, how long until Disney buys everything else?, i mean, they own marvel comics and now Lucas arts... I'm wondering what else they can buy now...

i would not mind if Lucas arts re-released those games i heard so much about "Day of the tentacle" and "Maniac Mansion"
my signature is pinning for the fjords, rest in pieces
devourer of popsicles
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:44 am
Location: In your kitchen eating your KFC
Gender: Female

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 am

I think disney shut down lucasarts
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Rival » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 am

Hell Princess Miko wrote:so do tell, how long until Disney buys everything else?, i mean, they own marvel comics and now Lucas arts... I'm wondering what else they can buy now...

Entertainment companies being bought by powerful media conglomerates was an ongoing trend over the last three decades. It's not just Disney, it's also Comcast, News Corporation, Viacom, Time Warner and Sony.

Almost all notable or successful American entertainment is owned by one of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_conglomerate

Comcast's influence is actually bigger than Disney's, and worrying because it especially affects Internet related bills.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12799
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby noxux » Thu May 09, 2013 7:24 pm

I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Floating in outer space
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Grey » Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm

i was gonna point out that there's no way they'd go there because the series is clearly a sci-fi in the future but then i remembered...

"long long ago in a galaxy far far away"
Image
Suave Brit

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 pm
Gender: Male
Sexiness: Godlike

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Actually its "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away".
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Grey » Thu May 09, 2013 9:23 pm

LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY
Image
Suave Brit

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 pm
Gender: Male
Sexiness: Godlike

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Grey wrote:
LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Please tell me that you're not that dense.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby noxux » Thu May 09, 2013 9:50 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Sorry if it I piss you of but I hear it from a friend that is a huge fan of star wars and also of lucasarts so that s why I mention it
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Floating in outer space
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 9:54 pm

noxux wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Sorry if it I piss you of but I hear it from a friend that is a huge fan of star wars and also of lucasarts so that s why I mention it

That doesn't make sense, how could such a big fan of star wars even think it could take place at earth? Then it wouldn't be star wars. Extragalactic aliens aren't very star wars, except the Yuuzhan Vong. And those crazies invaded the galaxy. I don't think anyone plans on leaving.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby noxux » Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Sorry if it I piss you of but I hear it from a friend that is a huge fan of star wars and also of lucasarts so that s why I mention it

That doesn't make sense, how could such a big fan of star wars even think it could take place at earth?

It´s just something he hear about and I hope it´s not true but he hardly gets something wrong of star wars. He even bought a Star Wars kinetic game just to use his lightsaber
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Floating in outer space
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes and I played that game and the lightsaber combat sucked anyway and the racing was difficult to control and the only good thing really was the Rancor Rampage mini game.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Guardian » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Grey wrote:
LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Please tell me that you're not that dense.
*video

This seems more like a insult towards Grey.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri May 10, 2013 4:59 am

My apologies. I did not intend such words when I realized he was a mod. I was half asleep and was doing this on my phone. But I was aware of the correct quote and I sought to correct him. And usually, I'm not afraid to make my statement. It was a rather obvious error that needed to be corrected and then he actually tried to defend it. That probably made me go a bit far with the insult.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Rival » Fri May 10, 2013 5:38 am

Well this thread took a nosedive abruptly.

Noxux, I'm certain you've either heard stuff that's made up, or you, or your info source, got it confused with some other franchise, perhaps Stargate.

TheMadDoctor and noxux, may I ask how old you guys are? To break the ice, I'm 26.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12799
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri May 10, 2013 5:41 am

Rival wrote:Well this thread took a nosedive abruptly.

Noxux, I'm certain you've either heard stuff that's made up, or you, or your info source, got it confused with some other franchise, perhaps Stargate.

TheMadDoctor and noxux, may I ask how old you guys are? To break the ice, I'm 26.

If I told you, you wouldn't take me as seriously. I prefer to have my statement heard.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Rival » Fri May 10, 2013 5:57 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:If I told you, you wouldn't take me as seriously. I prefer to have my statement heard.

I think you strongly overestimate how seriously I take you. But fair enough.

You not wanting to answer, is also kind of an answer.

Just for the record one of the posters I most respected in my time on these forums is 4.5 years younger than me.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12799
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Grey » Fri May 10, 2013 8:45 am

that's very nice of you to say, rival. i never knew you looked up to me that much.
Image
Suave Brit

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 pm
Gender: Male
Sexiness: Godlike

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Postby Rival » Fri May 10, 2013 9:10 am

Grey wrote:that's very nice of you to say, rival. i never knew you looked up to me that much.

Image
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12799
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests