New Grim Tales Comic: "Memoirs of a demon general"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Blood Lord wrote:If you took every single pounce that occurred in an anime/manga setting as a romantic/sexual relationship where the two get it on, do you realize how many times Pikachu and Ash have fucked each other?
Thank you... I needed that image in my head...
Chi seems to respect her father's Japanese roots. Every time we've seen her, other than on those billboards, she's wearing either a short- or long-length Geisha kimono. She's also wearing traditional Japanese footwear.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Ok so going back and looking at the Samurai Jack series, i am reminded of how annoying Demongo's voice was. His high pitched voice was like scraping nails on a chalkboard, I would have liked him in the series if only he had a deeper voice instead. But at least here i can imagine he does :grin:
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby yessi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Ok,this is just getting weird...

..Even though I think it's cute and all...

..I still think it's weird...

Postby RasenOo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 am

Blood Lord wrote:
daviso452 wrote:the only thing missing was a little heart over the "pounce." Although I think we'll get a good view next panel.

If you took every single pounce that occurred in an anime/manga setting as a romantic/sexual relationship where the two get it on, do you realize how many times Pikachu and Ash have fucked each other?

I question everything, because even the obvious can be wrong. Instead of a love affair between the two, which is entire possible, what if Mimi is just really excited to see Chi. She has found someone her age who is in a semi-similar situation that she is in. Has she ever seen anyone that is her age, let alone had the chance to interact with them? Its as easy to see this as a lesbian relationship (why is occurring at like the age of eleven?) as it is to see this as a close friendship. In this idea I present the control friend as Chi and the follower as Mimi.

I agree with ya. In fact, when WAS the last time Mimi met someone her own age? I'm almost pretty sure Mimi met Chi BEFORE junior so Chi is possibly Mimi's first real (same age) friend. They could do normal stuff too you know? I've seen girls react the same way to their friends to just kid around.

I think people are over thinking it. Meh, or maybe other people just know bleedman better than I do for being in the forums. If that's the case, my bad.

Postby silvercover » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:01 am

^there's mina for one, and they arent anywhere close...

Blood Lord wrote:
daviso452 wrote:the only thing missing was a little heart over the "pounce." Although I think we'll get a good view next panel.

If you took every single pounce that occurred in an anime/manga setting as a romantic/sexual relationship where the two get it on, do you realize how many times Pikachu and Ash have fucked each other?

I question everything, because even the obvious can be wrong. Instead of a love affair between the two, which is entire possible, what if Mimi is just really excited to see Chi. She has found someone her age who is in a semi-similar situation that she is in. Has she ever seen anyone that is her age, let alone had the chance to interact with them? Its as easy to see this as a lesbian relationship (why is occurring at like the age of eleven?) as it is to see this as a close friendship. In this idea I present the control friend as Chi and the follower as Mimi.

while yeah its quite possible that from mimi's side chi's just a close friend, its doubtful that she pounces/affectionate automatically to anyone close to her age. otherwise I dont think her fight with mina would be that intense(mimi nearly killed her more or less with no holding back).

and as for ash and pikachu, well pokemon's aimed at kids and the romance aspects arent really treated as serious, unlike the tone with this one.
on a side note though, there are definitely some several ashXpikachu stuff you can find if you search around.

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 am

silvercover wrote:^there's mina for one, and they arent anywhere close...

while yeah its quite possible that from mimi's side chi's just a close friend, its doubtful that she pounces/affectionate automatically to anyone close to her age. otherwise I dont think her fight with mina would be that intense(mimi nearly killed her more or less with no holding back).

Well, that was a one-on-one duel, no holds barred. I wouldn't have expected Mimi to hold back, even for a friend. Given what was at stake, at least for Mina, the last thing Mimi would want is to disappoint "Daddy damn-est".
On that note, does anyone remember what Mina would've gotten if she had won that fight?

The Resident Smartass

Postby silvercover » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:40 am

yeah but that was quite a beating she did and very much nearly killed her. plus she didnt back off even when the count cut in, making it clear she definitely wanted to finish her off/beat the crap out of her rather than just some "competition".
not to mention there doesnt seem to be anything on the risk for her if she lost. she'd probably just get tortured, and as we already know she's quite a masochist...

him supposedly offered mina a chance to become human or at least let her have back her previous life.

Postby stratus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:

Well, that was a one-on-one duel, no holds barred. I wouldn't have expected Mimi to hold back, even for a friend. Given what was at stake, at least for Mina, the last thing Mimi would want is to disappoint "Daddy damn-est".
On that note, does anyone remember what Mina would've gotten if she had won that fight?

mina does miss her old life but she has also actually fallen in love with the count over the years. the count does love her but only as an adopted daughter. she doesnt want to be regarded as a child forever when under the surface shes not. the problem is her body cant age after the point she was converted. so shes stuck as a child and her physical body is locked at age 6/7. but her real age at the time during the flash back birthday fight is estimated to be already around 19/20 yrs and by the current timeline she should even be a few years older (on the inside). in short she dosent like the vampire life style but at the very least she wants to have a proper body so she can be with the count without pedophillia.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 am

silvercover wrote:while yeah its quite possible that from mimi's side chi's just a close friend, its doubtful that she pounces/affectionate automatically to anyone close to her age. otherwise I dont think her fight with mina would be that intense(mimi nearly killed her more or less with no holding back).

You took what I said out of context.

Read what I write.

Read carefully.

Mimi doesn't automatically pounce people at her age at the first sight of them. I never said that anywhere. Chi could be the first person that Mimi has met that was her age and was really excited to finally meet someone. In regards to Demongo's comment about "this happens every time", it possible that she is just excited to see her every time.

Mina was a duel, not a meeting.

Different circumstances, different reactions.

silvercover wrote:and as for ash and pikachu, well pokemon's aimed at kids and the romance aspects arent really treated as serious, unlike the tone with this one.
on a side note though, there are definitely some several ashXpikachu stuff you can find if you search around.

I was using it as an example of pouncing not always meaning sexual relationships, not looking for pokemon hentai.

It was an example meant to insult people who thought that this was a sexually relationship occurring between 11 year olds, who are also half-sisters, by judging a mere pounce.

Pokemon is one of the most recognized animes out there, not to mention it contains many silly shenanigans such as this. You can really use any anime or manga you want for a different example and still yield the same result that I'm pointing out. There is still a standard among anime and manga that when such a pounce is meant to be sexual or romantic, there are little hearts above it.

This is because the goal is to convey meaning to the reader to avoid confusion and hint at what is going on.

And before you start, yes, Chi has been confirmed to be a daughter of Blossom. No we don't know how or why and any ideas that were created before had been destroyed by this page.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
silvercover wrote:while yeah its quite possible that from mimi's side chi's just a close friend, its doubtful that she pounces/affectionate automatically to anyone close to her age. otherwise I dont think her fight with mina would be that intense(mimi nearly killed her more or less with no holding back).

Read what I write.

Read carefully.

Mimi doesn't automatically pounce people at her age at the first sight of them. I never said that anywhere. Chi could be the first person that Mimi has met that was her age and was really excited to finally meet someone. In regards to Demongo's comment about "this happens every time", it possible that she is just excited to see her every time.

silvercover wrote:and as for ash and pikachu, well pokemon's aimed at kids and the romance aspects arent really treated as serious, unlike the tone with this one.

I was using it as an example of pouncing not always meaning sexual relationships, not looking for pokemon hentai.

It was an example meant to insult people who thought that this was a sexually relationship occurring between 11 year olds, who are also half-sisters, by judging a mere pounce.

Pokemon is one of the most recognized animes out there, not to mention it contains many silly shenanigans such as this. You can really use any anime or manga you want for a different example and still yield the same result that I'm pointing out. There is still a standard among anime and manga that when such a pounce is meant to be sexual or romantic, there are little hearts above it.

This is because the goal is to convey meaning to the reader to avoid confusion and hint at what is going on.

And before you start, yes, Chi has been confirmed to be a daughter of Blossom. No we don't know how or why and any ideas that were created before had been destroyed by this page.

You, sir, are the last person I expected to have a similar veiw on the Mimi/Chi relationship, compared to mine. Considering that Mimi and has like no female friends, I too would think Mimi's just excited. As for Chi, we don't know if Chi is a freind of anyone else other than Mimi.
Never anger a magician

Postby Nina333 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Blossom/Him never seemed to be explained to me as to how that pairing happened. Was it rape? That was my best guess to how Him/Blossom happened. Aku/Blossom is stranger than Him/Blossom but it explains Chi's red hair.
Blood Lord wrote:

Read what I write.

Read carefully.

Postby RasenOo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:And before you start, yes, Chi has been confirmed to be a daughter of Blossom. No we don't know how or why and any ideas that were created before had been destroyed by this page.

Wait, when the hell was THIS confirmed? (0__o) Could i get a link to a page or something? Cause' i totally missed it. and how were the other ideas destroyed by this page? It doesn't give much info at all other than the fact that Demongo's life sucks and Chi and Mimi are friends.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:If you took every single pounce that occurred in an anime/manga setting as a romantic/sexual relationship where the two get it on, do you realize how many times Pikachu and Ash have fucked each other?
Thank you... I needed that image in my head...r.

... what have you been looking at?

RasenOo wrote:Wait, when the hell was THIS confirmed? (0__o) Could i get a link to a page or something? Cause' i totally missed it. and how were the other ideas destroyed by this page? It doesn't give much info at all other than the fact that Demongo's life sucks and Chi and Mimi are friends.

This isn't some NBC tv show where I can magically give you a page or a direct link to Bleedman going "omfg guess wat this is!" We've gotten this from BR, a writter for Bleed and from akuze who was given this information.

Let me be more specific on ideas that were destoryed. The relationships between Aku, Him, and Blossom are out of at the moment. Most of them went with the idea that Aku hates Him for what happened to Blossom, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Aku allowed him into his domain without a problem. this page has revealed that there isn't a problem between Aku and Him. So this now throws everything into the air and we are back to where we started:
What is the relationship between Blossom and these two Lords of the Underworld? Still developing a theory on it.

Nina333 wrote:Blossom/Him never seemed to be explained to me as to how that pairing happened. Was it rape?

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=215

Rape is sex without consent, btw. Blossom consented, but why? This page seems to infer that there was a deal made between Blossom and him in her "most despite hour"
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote:

I think that Mimi sees Chi as her BFF, because she is the only person of her age she has met. Of course Mimi would be excited to see her BFF again. However I think that Chi is taking it a bit too far, I think she really thinks they are a couple and never should be apart. Maybe that is the way Chi thinks, and the reason why she stalks Mimi, while Mimi just sees them as BFF's
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby askura » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:41 pm

I feel like I need to be the counter argument here.

Yes, it is entirely possible and very likely that Mimi and Chi know only each other when it comes to girls their age. But we can't say that with 100% certainty for either of them. Him is willing to let Mimi visit Chi, so why not other girls? Same with Aku and letting Chi see Mimi. We know from Minnie and Mina that other Underworld Girls exist. We may just not be seeing them yet. And even if they did know only each other, wouldn't that lend more to the idea that they would have a deeper relationship than "just friends"? If you had one friend, and never saw anyone else, and you were a demon, and just starting to "mature" and get interest in sexual stuff, do you think you'd probably start "getting ideas" about your friend who is the same age as you and in the same boat and is the only person you know that isn't your dad or your babysitter?

Bleedman, as far as I know, in both of his fancomics, likes to drop big hints about who the couples are in his stories. He is doing the same thing here, and I don't know if people are just ignoring it because they don't want to acknowledge it because Mimi and Chi are both girls, or what.

I really think Mimi and Chi have something more than friendship, and it's not just because of Mimi's pounce although that's a big point I will get to soon. This pairing has been hinted at from Chi's introduction page and just gets less subtle with every new page. I'm expecting that this will either continue until Chi and Mimi kiss, or bleedman will do a complete 180 and shit on all the evidence/foreshadowing he just gave us in the last three pages because people keep crying about how his younger female characters can't possibly have sexual desire unless it's for Grim Junior (not just here--on the wikia, on DA, everywhere).

In "Capitalism at its Finest", Chi:
1. Sends Mimi 400+ texts in the span of a few days, obviously very worried and concerned about her.
2. Tells Mimi she "wants to see her in her nightgown" (Alarms should be going off right about here)
3. Is revealed to share bikinis with Mimi, and possibly other clothes, if the Aku Cola advertisement and Mimi's deleted facebook photo are anything telling.
4. Uses a very formal, between-lovers form of "I love you" in Japanese. There are several different ways to say "I love you" in Japanese, and a simple google search can tell you all of that and more. Instead of using a friend or family member-appropriate phrase, Chi uses one of the most intimate, romantic phrases possible. That cannot be unintentional. Another big hint.

In "Chi", Chi:
1. Accuses Mimi of "seeing someone else" (implying that they are seeing each other)(more hinting)
2. Grows paranoid and angry at the thought of someone else dating Mimi
3. Refers to Mimi as "My Mimi"
4. Denounces boys (also says that boys and girls don't match in relationships)(implying she thinks that girls do)
5. "That no good back-stabbing sexy red little" (emphasis mine because seriously)
6. Has to have Demongo tell her "Mimi's heart will always belong to you, she loves you and you know that."
7. Shouts "Mimi is mine and no one else's"

It could be that she's possessive of someone who's just her friend, but after everything else on this page and the one before, I really doubt it. She's spewing stereotypical "jealous lover" talk. It's like Chi memorized the tvtropes article on yandere.

Then on the recent page, "Memoirs of a Demon General":
1. It is revealed that Chi and Mimi have met several times before. Sleepovers are very likely, and considering Chi was asking Mimi about a sleepover two pages ago...they've probably had a couple.
2. Chi "could care less about formality and those who visit her father's domain" WITH THE EXCEPTION of Him and Mimi, whom she tries her hardest to impress. And consider how much she takes after Aku: if she's inherited his stubbornness as well, it would probably take an insane amount of respect and love for her to suck up like that.

Then there's the glomp.

Mimi does not even show Jeff this kind of affection. It doesn't matter if there's a heart above them or not. Never once has Mimi wagged her tail at seeing someone. She doesn't even let Chi finish her sentence before pouncing on her. She's that excited.

I know people have used the argument of "Mimi shows her feelings in a ~special~ way" to twist the comic and explain how Mimi "likes" Junior because she constantly causes him physical pain. This page pretty much annihilates that entire statement. Mimi is capable of showing affectionate love: she licks Jeff at the end of "Further Orientation" and she wags her tail and pounces on Chi. She does not intentionally hurt the people she likes (Mimi even defies her father to protect Jeff), and she shows them that she clearly loves them if she does.

Mimi does not like Grim Junior very much. She's staked him to the ground, cracked his ribs, pinched his face (painfully), and beat the hell out of him. She teases him because it's entertaining. And now that she's human, she isn't very receptive to Junior: she crawls under the bed to hide from and hiss at him, she attacks and bites him (because she has no hands to defend herself with), and cries when she realizes how powerless she is compared to him without her symbiote. Mimi does not trust Junior, she does not like him, and she's not afraid to show it.

Mimi doesn't speak, so she lets her physical actions do the talking most of the time. And so far, it seems that Mimi doesn't really like the only other boy her age she's met. In fact it seems she likes Chi even more than she likes Jeff. Jeff is Mimi's best friend (she's said so). What might one like better than a best friend? A significant other, perhaps? Maybe?

Before, you could probably assume that Chi just exploits the fact that Mimi doesn't physically talk and just thinks they're dating when in reality Mimi doesn't care and lets Chi think what she wants. But Chi and Mimi text each other and that's how they keep in contact from different realms. Mimi can use technology to actually speak with language, and she's used it to talk to Chi. We know she has, because Chi isn't being texted back right now and this is how the problems are starting, so at some point, Mimi was texting her. So not only does Chi know Mimi's physical reactions to her presence, which are positive, she knows Mimi's actual thoughts in words, which are also probably positive in regards to her because Chi wouldn't take to someone who openly rejected her. Arrogant, spoiled people usually don't.

Additionally, look to the canon facebook page Mimi has: Mimi calls Chi pretty, in reference to a risque photo Chi gave her. This is not stuff that friends do. This is stuff that friends-with-benefits do.

Like...I don't understand how people are missing this stuff?? The least you're going to get now is a super BFF relationship with constant flirting, one of those intimate and slightly gay friendships where everyone else thinks the people involved are dating even if they say they aren't. At that point, what's the difference? They're still demon girls who are sleeping together in frilly nightgowns, using completely serious ways to say "I love you", and getting crazy jealous. Why not step half a decimeter further and have them go out?

Besides, it's clear that two characters being half-siblings has no impact on bleedman's capacity to ship them, so using that as an argument against them being in a relationship is kind of silly...and he could always change who Chi's mother is, if he wanted, if it was that much of a problem...since it hasn't come out in the comic yet.
Aku aficionado and dumb headcanon specialist, at your service.
links:
Deviantart
Art Thread
"It's too soon for this shit"

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Sigment Kurosai wrote:Thank you... I needed that image in my head...

... what have you been looking at?

What do you mean? That was just a sarcastic reaction to a messed up concept of bestiality. Now, can we drop that subject, please?
I can't post this on the previous thread, so I'll do it here. To me, the reason Chi was so eager to ready herself for Him's arrival is simple: She thinks Mimi is with Him. She may just be eager to see her, or maybe she wants to ask why she hasn't been hearing from her. Either way, Chi will be very shocked, not to mention angry, when she finds out Mimi's current situation.

The Resident Smartass

Postby RasenOo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm

RasenOo wrote:Wait, when the hell was THIS confirmed? (0__o) Could i get a link to a page or something? Cause' i totally missed it. and how were the other ideas destroyed by this page? It doesn't give much info at all other than the fact that Demongo's life sucks and Chi and Mimi are friends.

Blood Lord wrote:This isn't some NBC tv show where I can magically give you a page or a direct link to Bleedman going "omfg guess wat this is!" We've gotten this from BR, a writter for Bleed and from akuze who was given this information.

Let me be more specific on ideas that were destoryed. The relationships between Aku, Him, and Blossom are out of at the moment. Most of them went with the idea that Aku hates Him for what happened to Blossom, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Aku allowed him into his domain without a problem. this page has revealed that there isn't a problem between Aku and Him. So this now throws everything into the air and we are back to where we started:
What is the relationship between Blossom and these two Lords of the Underworld? Still developing a theory on it.

Ooooh, I get it now. My bad, I didn't know a writer for Bleed was giving info on these things. Also lol "some NBC tv show. hehe, good one.

Yeah, I wonder what IS the relationship?

Postby silvercover » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:30 pm

@askura
just to add, there's already the FB to show mimi can indeed use technology and post even with that kind of "hand".
well the thing is, while im already aboard the mimiXchi ship, we cant be entirely sure on how reciprocated it is. chi's obviously there, mimi could really just see chi as her closest friend and not lover. the sleepover thing doesnt hold that much water, as average girls have done that no prob. and even if mimi has said "I love you", unless we can see her thoughts about it, she could be using it in the context of best friend/sister. or until we see some kisses.

there's no denying they're close, it is still questionable if its romantic on mimi's side though.

Postby CinCire » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 am

I'm also thinking that maybe she's (Mimi's) met Marceline before, since Him had no problem letting Hunson into his domain. We have no idea how old Marceline would be during this timeline, anyway. She could be Mimi's age.

I'm leaning towards Mimi and Chi being together. Especially with the whole "Mimi's heart will always belong to you" comment. I digress, though. Next page will definitely shed some more light on the subject.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:38 am

askura wrote:I feel like I need to be the counter argument here.

K. But quickly,

Let's all attempt to be civil, if mud flinging does occur, lets rock out Cold War style so I can post "i see what you did thar" memes.

That is all on that note, let us continue.

In my position, I'm not ruling out the idea that it is a romantic relationship. Merely presenting an alternate idea to this. I do also want to point out that I am jaded in this a bit. So some blindness could have been present from a different belief structure.

Also, keep this in mind, there are a lot of these ideas that can be taken either way because we don't know. What I am doing with this is analyzing present information and behavior given from both the comic and TV shows to attempt to predict a pathway of most likely events.

askura wrote:Yes, it is entirely possible and very likely that Mimi and Chi know only each other when it comes to girls their age. But we can't say that with 100% certainty for either of them. Him is willing to let Mimi visit Chi, so why not other girls?

For either, no, but for Mimi and through a series of thoughts, we can infer Chi's status as well. Let's start with the Mimi side.

In this idea, Mimi is over excited to finally be with someone her age and allowed to hang out with them. From the comic we have seen and been told that most of her childhood has been spent being shuffled around, being kept out of danger, and hooked up to Nephilim. It appears that Mimi has been cooped up and over protected most of her life. I don't think she has been with kids her age in a way she can play and interact with them. We never see any mention of it either. Yes, I am aware that we haven't seen much of Mimi childhood, but we have seen a few major turning points in her life. Could there be other kids, perhaps the children of Bubbles and Buttercup that she has been with? Possibly, but we have no idea either. Once Him got a hold of Mimi, it doesn't seem as if she was able to have a lot of freedom or interactions either.

Now for Chi. Daughter of Aku, I am sure that he spoils her and is over protective of her at the same time. I don't think she has left the City of Aku or at least that realm. It would seem like she stays there, why would she leave? She has everything. The only time she pays attention to people coming and going is when Him and Mimi show up.

I don't think either of the girls have ever met the other Underworld Girls. We could suppose that Mimi met Marceline, but at the same time you could suppose that she didn't or hasn't yet. I would guess that the reason that these two know each other is that their Dads have some sort of alliance between each other and the other realms don't really have that. Minnie for example was home schooled by Olga. Mimi, I don't think she was getting any public schooling, and Chi could have had a private tutor as well. the difficult is that you don't know anymore than I do on this status involving the total underworld relationships between the Kingdoms, other than Mandy is a bitch. So it is as accurate for you to clam that they did, as it is for me to clam that they have not, thus rendering this point useless.

askura wrote:And even if they did know only each other, wouldn't that lend more to the idea that they would have a deeper relationship than "just friends"? If you had one friend, and never saw anyone else, and you were a demon, and just starting to "mature" and get interest in sexual stuff, do you think you'd probably start "getting ideas" about your friend who is the same age as you and in the same boat and is the only person you know that isn't your dad or your babysitter?

Was I dismissing that? Of course not. We've seen evidence of that ideology from Chi already. But are both experiencing that? Hmm. Are they both blind, and without knowledge, Mimi at least, I don't think so. I think she has been exposed to all of the horrors of the world.

I'm trying to remember what Griddles had on this. He spoke on this topic, well similar to it, years ago when we were trying to figure out if the Ghost kids came from Mimi. Alas, the disappointment that was felt across the forums when we found out that it was Mandy. Anyway... there was something interesting like she had to or did experience all of the evil that mankind had to offer. Ashe suffered spiritually, mentally, and physically. Somehow that tied into Mimi being unable to produce any children... Long ass time ago, like three maybe four years ago when we started to see the AfterBirth sketches with the Ghost Kids on them.

Then some mother fucker, who shall remain nameless, leaked that all over the internet.

askura wrote:Bleedman, as far as I know, in both of his fancomics, likes to drop big hints about who the couples are in his stories. He is doing the same thing here, and I don't know if people are just ignoring it because they don't want to acknowledge it because Mimi and Chi are both girls, or what.

It isn't being ignored, its being interpreted differently. Just because someone arrives at a different conclusion doesn't give you the right to insinuate or to assume that they are ignorant or biased. The same thing happens whenever the Mimi x Jr thing comes up. Why? Well there is one side that sees no problem with it, and another that morally believes that even half sibling incest is wrong.

askura wrote:This pairing has been hinted at from Chi's introduction page and just gets less subtle with every new page. I'm expecting that this will either continue until Chi and Mimi kiss

Which is when the idea of it being a romantic relationship is solidified and the idea that they are good friends can be dismissed. But just because it hasn't yet, and that both still stand strong accounting to supporting evidence, you can't dismiss one or the other.

I've discovered that I have a really scientific outlook to this comic, and to most things in life. Perhaps even a philosophical one as well. But for me, I don't like to dismiss things until they become too unlikely or something comes out and says no. Like the idea that Raven was Mimi's mother. That was held on for the longest time and had a considerable amount of support, comic evidence, and reasoning that supported it until the comic blew that one away. Of course, I and many others fully supported that idea because it made sense at the time and worked while the Blossom one made no sense, and all that we had for that was... I don't think we had anything... eye color, maybe...

But back to the point, it will continue and the two ideas will continue to co-exist until proven otherwise by the influx of more specific information or the blatant destruction of it in the comic.

askura wrote:It could be that she's possessive of someone who's just her friend, but after everything else on this page and the one before, I really doubt it. She's spewing stereotypical "jealous lover" talk. It's like Chi memorized the tvtropes article on yandere.

Possessive, crazy, I dunno. I have a cousin who acts in a similar way and I know damn well she isn't lesbian. The pages you presented would be what I would consider the "core" of the relationship theory. Not against it. Those who know me... well, lets just leave it there because should I have continued that train of thought, annoying questions would be asked and contradictions be made. I'd do Mimi, girl or not. It's hot, lets leave it at that.

askura wrote:Mimi does not even show Jeff this kind of affection.

Jeff is her babysitter, not a girl her age.

askura wrote:Never once has Mimi wagged her tail at seeing someone.

Who would she do that to?

askura wrote:She doesn't even let Chi finish her sentence before pouncing on her. She's that excited.

the question I have is if this is their first meeting or what. I was taking this as a reference to a flashback for when the two first met in a person-to-person setting. Considering it as a "more than the first time" encounter, then I see where you are coming from a lot more now.

askura wrote:I know people have used the argument of "Mimi shows her feelings in a ~special~ way" to twist the comic and explain how Mimi "likes" Junior because she constantly causes him physical pain.

I haven't heard that one before.

@ askura: I see where you are coming from and the idea. I'm not against it, I'm not for it, I'm me. If it happens, cool. Just means my PM box is going to get filled with Mimi x Chi hentai commissions from people who think I'd like to see it. That's not fine, btw guys. I'm waving the white flag on continuing this because I want to stop typing.

I like posts like this and when conversation developed like this because when two or more people who can reason things come together, they can bring different view points and more ideas together. I haven't done this in a long time, so thank you for being here and showing a different point of vewi to me that makes sense.

I don't yet yield to either side nor support one over the other. I want the careful consideration of all the angles that this could take instead of rolling with just one. There is more fun and pass experience with these comics have taught me not to embrace one and cast off all of them. The raven mom thing being an example.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:What do you mean? That was just a sarcastic reaction to a messed up concept of bestiality. Now, can we drop that subject, please?

Clearly you didn't catch my sarcasm either. Read what I post and imagine House saying it.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Chi was so eager to ready herself for Him's arrival is simple: She thinks Mimi is with Him. She may just be eager to see her, or maybe she wants to ask why she hasn't been hearing from her. Either way, Chi will be very shocked, not to mention angry, when she finds out Mimi's current situation.

Yes. I think that is about to happen, and I think that is what him is planning on. I also think Him isn't going to go in there and tell Chi and Aku that he "lost" Mimi or that she got captured while breaking into someone else's castle. I think he is going to lie and clam an attack or something.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 am

I'm sorry but my ability to read ALL that has been said thus far has been drained in lou of my tiredness.
So! All I have to say about the page is I'd like to think Mimi got clingy clingy with Chi in lou of Mimi identifying with Chi's red hair as her mother to which (I'm pretty sure) Mimi in the past with her mother; was always fairly clingy with Blossom...

That is all, I shall return if my grammar is derp'y for i'm not reviewing what i'm typing at this moment.
Good biscuit.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Sigment Kurosai wrote:What do you mean? That was just a sarcastic reaction to a messed up concept of bestiality. Now, can we drop that subject, please?

Clearly you didn't catch my sarcasm either. Read what I post and imagine House saying it.

Ahhhh... :redface:
Also,
askura wrote:Mimi does not even show Jeff this kind of affection.
You're right, she shows him a... different... kind of affection...
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=238
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=169

The Resident Smartass

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 am

CinCire wrote:I'm also thinking that maybe she's (Mimi's) met Marceline before, since Him had no problem letting Hunson into his domain. We have no idea how old Marceline would be during this timeline, anyway. She could be Mimi's age.

I'm leaning towards Mimi and Chi being together. Especially with the whole "Mimi's heart will always belong to you" comment. I digress, though. Next page will definitely shed some more light on the subject.

There only is a problem with that theory. If Marcy is still a child in the comic she should be with Simon in the wreckage of the world now. Because whole Megaville is destroyed (and probably the rest of the world too) so it would make sense that Marcy and Simon are still there. I do have hope that Simon will bring Marcy to Hunson in the Nightosphere before he completely loses his mind. There he will fight with Marcy because of the way he treats her and will win. Hunson decided to change and just when Marcy came to say goodbye, the Simon she knew was gone. He already turned into the Ice King. Hunson then decided to send him back to Earth.

And to come back at ChixMimi, I support them. But at this moment I think it is one-sided. Mimi still sees her as her BFF while Chi sees her as her lover. Chi completely has to become a Yandere girl (like Yuno from Mirai Nikki). But the weird thing is that I also support JuniorxMimi purely because I deny JuniorxMinnie.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:But at this moment I think it is one-sided. Mimi still sees her as her BFF while Chi sees her as her lover. Chi completely has to become a Yandere girl (like Yuno from Mirai Nikki). But the weird thing is that I also support JuniorxMimi purely because I deny JuniorxMinnie.

This.

I want to see more of Mimi's side of things.

Strangely though, I would support a Minnie x Chi thing. I think it would be funny.

askura wrote:Mimi does not like Grim Junior very much. She's staked him to the ground, cracked his ribs, pinched his face (painfully), and beat the hell out of him. She teases him because it's entertaining. And now that she's human, she isn't very receptive to Junior: she crawls under the bed to hide from and hiss at him, she attacks and bites him (because she has no hands to defend herself with), and cries when she realizes how powerless she is compared to him without her symbiote. Mimi does not trust Junior, she does not like him, and she's not afraid to show it.

I don't think she hates him. She did save Jr from Him. The cheek pinching has always been seen as a sign of affection, like the grandma or anut cheek pinch thing.

She didn't want anything to stand in her way, and was going completely offensive in the Grim Castle. It would have been easier for her to ask for the hand or from help from Jr and Minnie. She had an objective and would remove those in her way.

The bed thing is easy. She awakes in a foreign bed without her powers. She is going to act scared and fight back. She doesn't trust him, and possibly hates him for the situation that she is in. But I wouldn't say she started out hating him.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am

Blood Lord wrote:
askura wrote:Mimi does not like Grim Junior very much. She's staked him to the ground, cracked his ribs, pinched his face (painfully), and beat the hell out of him. She teases him because it's entertaining. And now that she's human, she isn't very receptive to Junior: she crawls under the bed to hide from and hiss at him, she attacks and bites him (because she has no hands to defend herself with), and cries when she realizes how powerless she is compared to him without her symbiote. Mimi does not trust Junior, she does not like him, and she's not afraid to show it.

I don't think she hates him. She did save Jr from Him. The cheek pinching has always been seen as a sign of affection, like the grandma or anut cheek pinch thing.

She didn't want anything to stand in her way, and was going completely offensive in the Grim Castle. It would have been easier for her to ask for the hand or from help from Jr and Minnie. She had an objective and would remove those in her way.

The bed thing is easy. She awakes in a foreign bed without her powers. She is going to act scared and fight back. She doesn't trust him, and possibly hates him for the situation that she is in. But I wouldn't say she started out hating him.

I agree. Mimi was out to save the only person of whom she really knows loves her. You have to look at it this way; you want to save your mother but your crush is in the way. I know who I would choose. And in GTFO we also saw Mimi sleeps under her bed, that's probably the reason she went under it.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!