The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

I dunno, read the "discription". What ever the hell that is.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Biostar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:10 am

http://avatarthelegendofkorra.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/book-2-of-the-legend-of-korra-to-be-promoted-at-anime-matsuri-con-2013/

The VA of Korra will be going to Anime Maturi Con on March 29 and will be talking about TLOK.

We might get some news then.

Postby Princess » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 am

Nick is killing me with this shit.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 pm

GOT THIS TODAY!!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

I want the Korra poster.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Princess » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 pm

All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Sadly, no.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 am

You could scan the posters and let people print them.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:28 am

That's too much work. I have two free shipping offers from UPS, might as well use it for that.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:06 pm

scanning them is too much work? that way many people could have it not just two but whatever what do i know about the value of things :x
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm

I'd have to go to the library or something to scan them. I do not own a scanner. It's much easier to just hand them, in a box, with labels, to the UPS guy when I see him.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, I got done watching the Legends of Korra, and here is what I thought.

Overall I enjoyed it, but what was annoying me a little was how weak the bending was. Perhaps Katara, Toph, Zuko, and Aang were just super powered young kids/Masters and this was how "normal bending" was. I don't really know, but that's what bugged be the most was the inconsistency in bending between the two series. It looked so weak,despite people's advances into the higher forms of bending, such as lightening and metal bending.

The rapid spring of technology into what felt like the "roaring 20's" was... interesting. I can't say I hate it, but I don't love it either. I liked how The Last Airbender felt magical and that bending was a necessity or close to an God-given ability. But in Legends of Korra you can go "Loom at me, I can burst flames out of my hands n'stuff" and some guy across the room will put a glove on and shock the shit out of you. Its not as "cool" anymore, unless you're a blood bender...

And don't get me started on the weak love triangles.

But I look forward to the next season, which is rumored to be this April.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Slendy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:40 am

Bending being downplayed like that irked me as well, but I've got a hunch on why it seemed so weak in LOK compared to LAB. We already know that the next season will be about spirits and the spirit world. Clearly, this rapid advancement of technology in their world led to a steep decline in spirituality. Because the benders of this era don't value or even remember the spiritual aspect of bending, it has resulted in weaker bending overall. Sure, we do see an increase in "advanced" benders with metalbending and lightningbending, but that's simply learning the technique. They're just going through the motions without understanding why these motions create lightning. The world wasn't any better off having an almost strictly physical avatar that barely understood the spiritual aspects herself. Though, maybe the avatar is born with qualities that reflect the world he/she is born into.

But, like you said, it's possible the LAB main cast were all prodigy benders and we're actually getting a look at average level bending here. Also, as the world becomes more modern, benders will have to tone it down a bit to avoid unnecessary destruction. Like when Korra caused all that property damage in the first episode and everyone involved would have rather the crooks just gotten away instead. But it would be nice to see something more creative than "telekinetically lift rock, launch rock at bad guy." I'm just hoping that in season 2 Korra works to restore spirituality to the world and we see some truly awesome examples of bending. Like when Katara fought Master Pakku... damn that was an impressive fight. In the LOK era, 2 waterbenders fighting will just shoot jets of water at each other. Whatever happened to specific techniques, like the octopus or the water whip?
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

I like that. I didn't make that connect. That's most likely true.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Biostar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Blood Archon wrote:But I look forward to the next season, which is rumored to be this April.

Seems that rumor was right.

Postby Roughnecks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Biostar wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:But I look forward to the next season, which is rumored to be this April.

Seems that rumor was right.

This also confirms Mid- April says we will most likely find out today if it's true http://avatarthelegendofkorraonline.com/2013/03/28/book-2-of-the-legend-of-korra-to-release-in-the-middle-of-april/

"Live forever Apes"- Lt. Razak
The next Starship Troopers movie out Summer 2012!!!!! http://www.starshiptroopersinvasion-movie.com/

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Hells yes.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Riz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I may faint, someone catch me
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby BeeAre » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 am

ffFFFMMmmGHHHhhhhh I want me some Korra punches to all enemies of the Republic.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Princess » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm not getting excited until Nick announces it.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:52 pm

K. But when they do, I expect you to go crazy.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Princess » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm going batshit insane.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 pm

And jumping on stuff (not you stuff. That'd be weird if you can jump on yourself).
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grieffon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 am

If it really is half month away, how come they haven't announced anything yet?

Postby BeeAre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 am

This thread needs updating, so post I shall, and in this post I cast dark summoning on all y'all, the star-spangled and newbed alike. Cross the world and scour for me information on Korra! Korra, bedamn it all! FLY MY PRETTIES. FLY!
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)