Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Jacob_Incubus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Sorry, I keep getting them confused, I switch from reading manga, manhwa, doujinshi and back to American comics, after a while, you get dizzy...
Grim Jr x Minnie<3 Morals to me are Just Limitations
on Life, Follow Your Heart and Things Will Work Out.
Inkyubasu Demon

Postby Vegedus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm curious, what kind of stylistic differences are there between manga and manhwa, visually or storytelling-wise?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Rival » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Vegedus wrote:I'm curious, what kind of stylistic differences are there between manga and manhwa, visually or storytelling-wise?

Not many. Its read left to right, characters have moral stances more similar to what western characters would think/do, that's about all I've noticed. I've only read like 2-3 Manhwa though.

People say Manhwa supposedly has more "life-like" and less "cartoony" character designs, but I can't say I've noticed much myself.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Asmodai » Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 am

Havent posted a video in a while...

ABE

Marvelous Special Effects, and a neat story
Mephobiac

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Vegedus wrote:I'm curious, what kind of stylistic differences are there between manga and manhwa, visually or storytelling-wise?

What the hell is a manhwa?

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Tuor » Thu May 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Rival wrote:It's a manhwa, a South Korean comic.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 7:27 pm

oooooh, okay, sounds cool.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Spruce Moose » Thu May 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Ah, The Weirdness. Still going strong. Cheers to it and everyone who has made it since before my time on Snafu.

Postby Tuor » Thu May 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Holy crap
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Spruce Moose » Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Tuor wrote:Holy crap

Oh indeed.

Postby Tuor » Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm

How's it going, Sprucey?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Spruce Moose » Thu May 02, 2013 9:26 pm

None too shabby, Tuor. Hope life has treated you and the others well the last, what? 5? 6 years? More like 9 since my last real run on here. "Where does the time go?" and all that.

Postby Tuor » Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm doing all right, 3rd year of university now. What brought you back around here?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Spruce Moose » Fri May 03, 2013 5:50 am

Was giving another online buddy of mine from the last few years a history lesson. Came to the Snafu part, thought to myself "wonder how they're doing?". Thought I'd drop by.

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 5:52 am

Coolness. What do you think of the changes?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Spruce Moose » Fri May 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Honestly, it doesn't look like much has changed other than minor aesthetic cleanups. They work.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:08 pm

First impressions go, I like this guy.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Spruce is pretty nifty.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Never heard anyone described as nifty before. That's another plus.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm

I hear nifty all the time. It was a former coworkers nickname. Was actually Nicky. Nifty stuck better.

Postby Spruce Moose » Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Why I always felt you were nifty too Tuor. Thank you.

Pleased to meet'cha, MQuinny.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri May 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Well hello there Spruce. I think I remember your name from when I first joined but I don't think I saw you around that much. Either way good to see you around.

Postby Ro Wong » Sat May 04, 2013 10:24 am

Think that's about the right time frame, since he left before Quin and Zel ever met him.

Hopefully he'll be one of the few folks to actually stay after disappearing.
Demon of Elru

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 04, 2013 2:17 pm

I think I vaguely remember him.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Archrival » Sat May 04, 2013 2:57 pm

I think I remember Spruce but years of alcohol and sleep have left my memory not the best of sorts...
SUPPPAAAHHH

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing