New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Gir's "Duty" Mode... Is the loyalty set to the protection of Bell or towards Dr. X's wishes? Sure Dr. X would want Gir to protect Bell if the situation was that dire, however, if it's more towards Dr. X's set "duty" to Gir to complete the mission? Thusly using himself (Gir) as a link for the power to the bomb whilest Bell is fighting.

This may just go against Bell's wishes, but is Bell aware of what Gir's duty mode is? Heck, she might have just put her hair piece on to gir for effect? (doubtful) But maybe Dr. X is aware of Bell's temper and has noticed when she gets to a certain point she takes off her hair piece. Maybe Dr. X told Bell when she goes bad shit angry to take off her hair piece and place it on gir in lou of her degraded mission effectiveness so Gir can carry out the mission without her...

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry for that. Good day.
Image
Flerp flerps
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:23 pm

i gots a comic boner. also my interest in this has been restored.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:33 pm
Location: in the TARDIS
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Tom E. Gemcity wrote:i gots a comic boner. also my interest in this has been restored.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:04 pm

I like YesterdaysLingo's thought.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Cerulean » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:10 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:Gir's "Duty" Mode... Is the loyalty set to the protection of Bell or towards Dr. X's wishes? Sure Dr. X would want Gir to protect Bell if the situation was that dire, however, if it's more towards Dr. X's set "duty" to Gir to complete the mission? Thusly using himself (Gir) as a link for the power to the bomb whilest Bell is fighting.

This may just go against Bell's wishes, but is Bell aware of what Gir's duty mode is? Heck, she might have just put her hair piece on to gir for effect? (doubtful) But maybe Dr. X is aware of Bell's temper and has noticed when she gets to a certain point she takes off her hair piece. Maybe Dr. X told Bell when she goes bad shit angry to take off her hair piece and place it on gir in lou of her degraded mission effectiveness so Gir can carry out the mission without her...

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry for that. Good day.


I really like that idea. I also wouldn't put it past Dr. X to use Gir to fulfill his needs. This way Sam still gets hit by the beam and the bomb activates.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:Gir's "Duty" Mode... Is the loyalty set to the protection of Bell or towards Dr. X's wishes? Sure Dr. X would want Gir to protect Bell if the situation was that dire, however, if it's more towards Dr. X's set "duty" to Gir to complete the mission? Thusly using himself (Gir) as a link for the power to the bomb whilest Bell is fighting.

This may just go against Bell's wishes, but is Bell aware of what Gir's duty mode is? Heck, she might have just put her hair piece on to gir for effect? (doubtful) But maybe Dr. X is aware of Bell's temper and has noticed when she gets to a certain point she takes off her hair piece. Maybe Dr. X told Bell when she goes bad shit angry to take off her hair piece and place it on gir in lou of her degraded mission effectiveness so Gir can carry out the mission without her...

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry for that. Good day.


I really like that idea. I also wouldn't put it past Dr. X to use Gir to fulfill his needs. This way Sam still gets hit by the beam and the bomb activates.

Once you kind of think about it, the chances of Sam getting in the way of a beam of light ripped off from Dragon Ball are relatively slim.
then I thought of Goku vs superman then I thought of PPG vs superman. i honestly do not know where that came from
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:41 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:Gir's "Duty" Mode... Is the loyalty set to the protection of Bell or towards Dr. X's wishes? Sure Dr. X would want Gir to protect Bell if the situation was that dire, however, if it's more towards Dr. X's set "duty" to Gir to complete the mission? Thusly using himself (Gir) as a link for the power to the bomb whilest Bell is fighting.

This may just go against Bell's wishes, but is Bell aware of what Gir's duty mode is? Heck, she might have just put her hair piece on to gir for effect? (doubtful) But maybe Dr. X is aware of Bell's temper and has noticed when she gets to a certain point she takes off her hair piece. Maybe Dr. X told Bell when she goes bad shit angry to take off her hair piece and place it on gir in lou of her degraded mission effectiveness so Gir can carry out the mission without her...

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry for that. Good day.

Not rambling, but deep thought, YesterdaysLingo!
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 am

YesterdaysLingo wrote:Gir's "Duty" Mode... Is the loyalty set to the protection of Bell or towards Dr. X's wishes? Sure Dr. X would want Gir to protect Bell if the situation was that dire, however, if it's more towards Dr. X's set "duty" to Gir to complete the mission? Thusly using himself (Gir) as a link for the power to the bomb whilest Bell is fighting.

This may just go against Bell's wishes, but is Bell aware of what Gir's duty mode is? Heck, she might have just put her hair piece on to gir for effect? (doubtful) But maybe Dr. X is aware of Bell's temper and has noticed when she gets to a certain point she takes off her hair piece. Maybe Dr. X told Bell when she goes bad shit angry to take off her hair piece and place it on gir in lou of her degraded mission effectiveness so Gir can carry out the mission without her...

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry for that. Good day.

That's some good shootin' there, Tex. Seriously, I never would have thought of that. Now by "Gir himself, as a link for power to the bomb", you mean Gir going over, grabbing the wires, and completing the circuit, right? If this were to happen, more than likely, Gir would die. There's probably a significant amount of electricity going through those wire. It'd probably turn his CPU, into crispy bacon. So in a sense, Dr.X would have betrayed Bell.
But here's another idea. What if it Samantha, not Gir that does this?

First off, what if Dr.X is watching this whole fight right now? Both Gir and Samantha, have robotic eyes, and ear. It's possible that X might have put some kind of 'satellite relay' device in one, or both of them, so he can observe this fight in real-time.

Now this is what I came up with. Dr.X already knows the power supply that's suppose to power the bomb, has been cut. Once Sam ends up in the same room as Bell and Blossom, he activates some sort of "manual override" he installed in Sam without her knowing. He then takes control of her, and has her grab the wires, completing the connection. Thus killing Samantha, and detonating the bomb.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:38 am

Havoc751 wrote:
YesterdaysLingo wrote:Gir's "Duty" Mode... Is the loyalty set to the protection of Bell or towards Dr. X's wishes? Sure Dr. X would want Gir to protect Bell if the situation was that dire, however, if it's more towards Dr. X's set "duty" to Gir to complete the mission? Thusly using himself (Gir) as a link for the power to the bomb whilest Bell is fighting.

This may just go against Bell's wishes, but is Bell aware of what Gir's duty mode is? Heck, she might have just put her hair piece on to gir for effect? (doubtful) But maybe Dr. X is aware of Bell's temper and has noticed when she gets to a certain point she takes off her hair piece. Maybe Dr. X told Bell when she goes bad shit angry to take off her hair piece and place it on gir in lou of her degraded mission effectiveness so Gir can carry out the mission without her...

I'm rambling, and I'm sorry for that. Good day.

That's some good shootin' there, Tex. Seriously, I never would have thought of that. Now by "Gir himself, as a link for power to the bomb", you mean Gir going over, grabbing the wires, and completing the circuit, right? If this were to happen, more than likely, Gir would die. There's probably a significant amount of electricity going through those wire. It'd probably turn his CPU, into crispy bacon. So in a sense, Dr.X would have betrayed Bell.
But here's another idea. What if it Samantha, not Gir that does this?

First off, what if Dr.X is watching this whole fight right now? Both Gir and Samantha, have robotic eyes, and ear. It's possible that X might have put some kind of 'satellite relay' device in one, or both of them, so he can observe this fight in real-time.

Now this is what I came up with. Dr.X already knows the power supply that's suppose to power the bomb, has been cut. Once Sam ends up in the same room as Bell and Blossom, he activates some sort of "manual override" he installed in Sam without her knowing. He then takes control of her, and has her grab the wires, completing the connection. Thus killing Samantha, and detonating the bomb.

Pretty much my same theory only Sam is more than likely to be critically damaged by Bell's attack if she ends up intercepting it either before or after Blossom's attempt to dodge
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Bleedman is rather mercurial. Art design shifts focus--the story remains relatively constant. A lot of you are overthinking my design and underthinking Bleedman's want (need?) to make things visually interesting for himself.

As he becomes aware of the need to focus, page per page, art designs become intensified and more involved.

What we're doing right now is not the bomb exploding. We need some key events to play out, and then the bomb will go off. But not until then. Key events rely on each concept mentioned so far, and... a few not mentioned in-context. I think you guys have most of the main things. I don't want to say all because I might be forgetting something that I will only notice going over the pages and notes themselves. But. I think you guys are pretty aware of what IS happening. But you aren't putting the pieces of how this battle is going to get to its major events all together. In other words, its most important moments aren't being related as progress, by and large, and it looks like that is mainly because you're interested in the spectacle of things and confusing the visual goals with the story goals.

Bleedman does shift visuals and presentation, but he doesn't often shift story goals, thank God.

You'll notice that there is a lot of intensity page to page in a firefight, because we need the various emotions to play out correctly, i.e. with a lot of build-up that makes subsequent decisions more impactful.

I have to run circles around story goals and corral them into place so that we plot each move intelligently. Intelligently for me means running a lot of ideas all at once smoothly (being an imperative word), so the audience has a lot of things to think about in each action without being bewildered. Blossom's sequence just now with her Sherlock-mode, that was, in my humble opinion, a well-executed set of story ideas that set Blossom's tone proper while relating to previous and stated future goals.

Now we're off Blossom, and shifting to make sure the other combatants get more focus as the next stage of the fight develops. She often gets a lot of focus. Tough to avoid sometimes. She's the leader. I wanted to make her often getting focus be about being the leader, and not just about being Dexter's girlfriend. :P
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby rac7d » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm

BeeAre wrote:Bleedman is rather mercurial. Art design shifts focus--the story remains relatively constant. A lot of you are overthinking my design and underthinking Bleedman's want (need?) to make things visually interesting for himself.

As he becomes aware of the need to focus, page per page, art designs become intensified and more involved.

What we're doing right now is not the bomb exploding. We need some key events to play out, and then the bomb will go off. But not until then. Key events rely on each concept mentioned so far, and... a few not mentioned in-context. I think you guys have most of the main things. I don't want to say all because I might be forgetting something that I will only notice going over the pages and notes themselves. But. I think you guys are pretty aware of what IS happening. But you aren't putting the pieces of how this battle is going to get to its major events all together. In other words, its most important moments aren't being related as progress, by and large, and it looks like that is mainly because you're interested in the spectacle of things and confusing the visual goals with the story goals.

Bleedman does shift visuals and presentation, but he doesn't often shift story goals, thank God.

You'll notice that there is a lot of intensity page to page in a firefight, because we need the various emotions to play out correctly, i.e. with a lot of build-up that makes subsequent decisions more impactful.

I have to run circles around story goals and corral them into place so that we plot each move intelligently. Intelligently for me means running a lot of ideas all at once smoothly (being an imperative word), so the audience has a lot of things to think about in each action without being bewildered. Blossom's sequence just now with her Sherlock-mode, that was, in my humble opinion, a well-executed set of story ideas that set Blossom's tone proper while relating to previous and stated future goals.

Now we're off Blossom, and shifting to make sure the other combatants get more focus as the next stage of the fight develops. She often gets a lot of focus. Tough to avoid sometimes. She's the leader. I wanted to make her often getting focus be about being the leader, and not just about being Dexter's girlfriend. :P


BeeAre, are you some kind of professor in the real world, cuz when you talk i just can't help but listen.

But I'm glad that we havent guessed the next step yet, it leaves for some suprise. Is this chapter only gonna focus on the combat down below or will we ever get a peak topside?
By the way I do enjoy how in this arc you have shifted focus to the other girls some. I love blossom but I estatic to see her sisther just moove an inch after the lack of them in the previous story.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 pm

We're going to end on a different take of the bomb and its presumable ending of the world. Once we've reached that point, it's up to Bleedman on what story he wants to focus on first. It's hard not to write a list for you of the various characters I want to touch focus with. Because it's exciting.

That fiasco with Grim Tales showing what is constantly being warred over as ' "The Future of PpGD?" "NO!" ' has presented me with an opportunity to bend my story presentation. In order to remove all doubt with regards to Grim Tales, I can now use one of the comics' characters -- which you all know by now is Samurai Jack -- to right that wrong. A few pages inside that story would let me do a lot for the issue of the comics being the same. I can show what amounts to Jack's journey into PpGD, and I could even show his, if distant, clean awareness of the chaos theory I can put to work. He could even briefly see what was at stake as the Grim Tales universe. ...Maybe. I like it, but Bleed has to draw it. So I would need to know what he thought. We'd get a lot done.

The idea is very neat, using the old definition as much as the new: neat used to simply refer to accuracy, rather than "ooh" factor. A very neat idea. It at once puts a bow on the comics' union, and with a crunching finality cleaves them in two, as I believe they should be, and on this subject I will not be persuaded to think differently.

But Jack's is not the only part of this story. There are two (three?) more origins that are deeply intertwined.

There are junctions which provide entrances for the various cartoons' universes into this one, neatly arranging their presences to coexist peaceably. These junctions are like warp pipes, and have to be managed so the various universes don't overwhelm one another. MLaaTR, for example, has clear dative issues that have to be smushed down so as to not make the other universes be in the wrong time.

(This is the major reason why I decided against any serious inclusion of KND. The universe of Kids Next Door impinges too hard on how the structure of their presented culture and society and this pressure works against every other universe's presented cultures and societies. Much too insular to be cohesive in the scope of every other cartoon. Yeah, I'll say it here: I'm ignoring the Grim Adventures/KND Crossover. P'tagh!)

There's a "midquel" story going on in another arm of our galaxy. Remember, Vexus is making a move somewhere. We'll find out what came of that.

And then there's Boomer.

Heh.

HEH.

I'm going to piss a lot of people off with the direction I'm taking him. I'm also going to love every minute of it.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby rac7d » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm

That was awesome im so pumped foe whats to cme.Yet sad as i know the delivery speed.
So does that mean Kuki (numbah 3) can never have a play date with bubbles if you dont want to include the KND universe? :'( Which i can understand t has to be one of the most complex and developed world from cartoon network.

Boomer better not lay a nose pickin fingah on Bubbles. She is saving herself for Cody.

I just noticed your avatar is pony wearing a Boomer costume.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Gah. Its post like BR's that makes me stick around.

His avatar use to be Boomer eating pie. It's been... upgraded over the years.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm

rac7d wrote:That was awesome im so pumped foe whats to cme.Yet sad as i know the delivery speed.
So does that mean Kuki (numbah 3) can never have a play date with bubbles if you dont want to include the KND universe? :'( Which i can understand t has to be one of the most complex and developed world from cartoon network.

Boomer better not lay a nose pickin fingah on Bubbles. She is saving herself for Cody.

I just noticed your avatar is pony wearing a Boomer costume.


Don't worry. Boomer won't be nose or ear-picking. No gross habits of any sort. Unless you consider some... emotional countenances gross. Heh. HEH.

Alas! Kuki is my favorite KND character. Airheaded Asian Girls Are Adorable, Because They Are Like Shooting Stars.

...Might have them undergo a sequence of carefully controlled cameos in the background, undergoing some unimportant mission that is yet of extreme importance for them. ...But then the risk is people going "OMFG KND ILU CANON!" >[

My avatar?

Blood Lord wrote:Gah. Its post like BR's that makes me stick around.

His avatar use to be Boomer eating pie. It's been... upgraded over the years.


Gettin' doppy. I am additive with regards to my avatar because it is a silly thing in the first place. No reason it shouldn't be MORE silly. Ponies. Sparkles. "Deal With It". Deal With It. *snaps, shades, skateboards into sunset*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:22 pm

BeeAre wrote:Gettin' doppy. I am additive with regards to my avatar because it is a silly thing in the first place. No reason it shouldn't be MORE silly. Ponies. Sparkles. "Deal With It". Deal With It. *snaps, shades, skateboards into sunset*



Boomer shoots rainbows out of his eyes that turn into Van Halen playing guitar.
Why not?
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 am

Just wondering what BeeAre have in store to write the thing with Boomer that would piss us all off. I'm curious to know. Its might feel like one of those Superior Spider-Man comics with Dan Slott writing it where us fans wanna go by his place to kill him and also sending threats
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/18/ ... -plotline/

Writers ALWAYS love pissing fans off.


BeeAre wrote:Bleedman is rather mercurial. Art design shifts focus--the story remains relatively constant. A lot of you are overthinking my design and underthinking Bleedman's want (need?) to make things visually interesting for himself.

As he becomes aware of the need to focus, page per page, art designs become intensified and more involved.

What we're doing right now is not the bomb exploding. We need some key events to play out, and then the bomb will go off. But not until then. Key events rely on each concept mentioned so far, and... a few not mentioned in-context. I think you guys have most of the main things. I don't want to say all because I might be forgetting something that I will only notice going over the pages and notes themselves. But. I think you guys are pretty aware of what IS happening. But you aren't putting the pieces of how this battle is going to get to its major events all together. In other words, its most important moments aren't being related as progress, by and large, and it looks like that is mainly because you're interested in the spectacle of things and confusing the visual goals with the story goals.

Bleedman does shift visuals and presentation, but he doesn't often shift story goals, thank God.

You'll notice that there is a lot of intensity page to page in a firefight, because we need the various emotions to play out correctly, i.e. with a lot of build-up that makes subsequent decisions more impactful.

I have to run circles around story goals and corral them into place so that we plot each move intelligently. Intelligently for me means running a lot of ideas all at once smoothly (being an imperative word), so the audience has a lot of things to think about in each action without being bewildered. Blossom's sequence just now with her Sherlock-mode, that was, in my humble opinion, a well-executed set of story ideas that set Blossom's tone proper while relating to previous and stated future goals.


He IS right about that. Especially, with Art Designs and Key Events!
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:08 am

CTCFirebird wrote:Writers ALWAYS love pissing fans off.


Haha, those bastards.
About the only thing I can think of is the idea of a love plot with Bubbles because the comic has already hinted at it.

Who knows, for all we know as soon as Boomer shows up his head explodes. But I doubt that will happen because BeeAre seems to be going for a PG rating.
In terms of writing at least.
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 am

BeeAre wrote:That fiasco with Grim Tales showing what is constantly being warred over as ' "The Future of PpGD?" "NO!" ' has presented me with an opportunity to bend my story presentation. In order to remove all doubt with regards to Grim Tales, I can now use one of the comics' characters -- which you all know by now is Samurai Jack -- to right that wrong. A few pages inside that story would let me do a lot for the issue of the comics being the same. I can show what amounts to Jack's journey into PpGD, and I could even show his, if distant, clean awareness of the chaos theory I can put to work. He could even briefly see what was at stake as the Grim Tales universe. ...Maybe. I like it, but Bleed has to draw it. So I would need to know what he thought. We'd get a lot done.

The idea is very neat, using the old definition as much as the new: neat used to simply refer to accuracy, rather than "ooh" factor. A very neat idea. It at once puts a bow on the comics' union, and with a crunching finality cleaves them in two, as I believe they should be, and on this subject I will not be persuaded to think differently.

BR, I want to hug you. You have made me very happy just now. :D
So you're currently in the process of trying to get Bleed to include part of Jack's story, in GT, correct?
If so, I wish you luck, and hope it all works in you favor. Please let us know if Bleed approves of the idea.

I very much so look for forward to Jack's side of the story. And I'm glad you chose the merge then separate approach.
Hopefully I, and everyone else who knows PPGD and GT aren't related, will no longer have to keep telling people the two comics don't intertwine.

Blood Lord wrote:His avatar use to be Boomer eating pie. It's been... upgraded over the years.

Really, Boomer? This whole time I thought his avatar was suppose to be a cartoon version of himself.

BeeAre wrote:(This is the major reason why I decided against any serious inclusion of KND. The universe of Kids Next Door impinges too hard on how the structure of their presented culture and society and this pressure works against every other universe's presented cultures and societies. Much too insular to be cohesive in the scope of every other cartoon. Yeah, I'll say it here: I'm ignoring the Grim Adventures/KND Crossover. P'tagh!)

So the no KND in the comic huh? I saw in the suggestion forum that KND was a "Hell No". I can see your point. It just feels too "alien" to fit in properly. Which is kind of a shame.

CTCFirebird wrote:Just wondering what BeeAre have in store to write the thing with Boomer that would piss us all off. I'm curious to know.

I'm guessing two things here:
1) Boomer will go after one of the other PPG (Blossom or Buttercup).
2) Boomer will fall in love with Bell.
I love the idea of the RRBXPPG being mixed up against the conventional formula (for example, BrickXBubbles BoomerXButtercup). However I see number two as more likely. I myself am not pissed at either of these ideas. Just the opposite, I embrace them.

Mad-Mutt wrote:Haha, those bastards.
About the only thing I can think of is the idea of a love plot with Bubbles because the comic has already hinted at it.

I don't think this is very likely at this point. Because of what BR said awhile back:

BeeAre wrote:I laugh at the Boomer/Bubbles concept. Letting it play out how it was perhaps going to before Bleedman lost steam?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 am

Oh I see, must have missed that somewhere.

Not that I'm disappointed.
I've never been a big fan of romance.
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:28 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Writers ALWAYS love pissing fans off.


Haha, those bastards.
About the only thing I can think of is the idea of a love plot with Bubbles because the comic has already hinted at it.

Who knows, for all we know as soon as Boomer shows up his head explodes. But I doubt that will happen because BeeAre seems to be going for a PG rating.
In terms of writing at least.

Seems like that lol
Oh. In Japan, they don't believe in any Rating, but as far as America goes... Yup!

I'm not much of a fan of that romance stuff either, just that I have my own thing about these couples thing and NOT crossover couples (Sailor Moon and the 7 Ballz comes to mind with that). I prefer the same universe thing in same show deal (like Batman and Catwoman and NOT Batman and Superwoman (Earth 3)). But I'm just here for the support and whatever of this crossover comic and respond what catches my eye or even speaking my mind. That's it! Some of the stuff here kept me interested, but was NOT in the relationship rushed right in the beginning like that. I'd prefer it in the middle or the ending of the story.

Dunno what that bastard, BeeAre (and I mean that in the most respectful way lol) has in store. LOL
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Dunno what that bastard, BeeAre (and I mean that in the most respectful way lol) has in store. LOL

That feeling. When you can never excpect what the developers of anything are going to do.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I'm guessing two things here:
1) Boomer will go after one of the other PPG (Blossom or Buttercup).
2) Boomer will fall in love with Bell.
I love the idea of the RRBXPPG being mixed up against the conventional formula (for example, BrickXBubbles BoomerXButtercup).

Or they get shot in the knees and left somewhere painfully to die. Well, considering how that other comic is going, the three could turn out gay.

TheMadDoctor wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Dunno what that bastard, BeeAre (and I mean that in the most respectful way lol) has in store. LOL

That feeling. When you can never excpect what the developers of anything are going to do.

Image
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:I'm guessing two things here:
1) Boomer will go after one of the other PPG (Blossom or Buttercup).
2) Boomer will fall in love with Bell.
I love the idea of the RRBXPPG being mixed up against the conventional formula (for example, BrickXBubbles BoomerXButtercup).

Or they get shot in the knees and left somewhere painfully to die. Well, considering how that other comic is going, the three could turn out gay.

Now why would they be gay? You hate the RRBs don't you.


TheMadDoctor wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Dunno what that bastard, BeeAre (and I mean that in the most respectful way lol) has in store. LOL

That feeling. When you can never excpect what the developers of anything are going to do.

So true LOL

I would be surprised if the RRBs go Super Saiyan in this
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Faces Of The Finish" (4/22/13)

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Or they get shot in the knees and left somewhere painfully to die. Well, considering how that other comic is going, the three could turn out gay.

Given what BR said, the RRB (or at least one of them) will fall in love with someone.
But they could also fall in love, and then get kneecapped later on. As for the "gay" thing. I don't see this as very likely. That's more GT thing, than PPGD.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest