Animal Kingdom OOC Redux.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Animal Kingdom OOC Redux.

Postby Mathias » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Animal Kingdom, Second Edition.

This is an rp involving anthropomorphic animals known as “Domestics” living alongside realistic animals known as “Wilds.” Various factions of Domestics vie for control over the Wilds, be it for persecution, food, or preservation. There is also an organization that kidnaps Wilds and uses genetic experiments to turn them into abominable creatures called “Chimerae.”

There are various groupings of Domestics, dubbed “factions.” The following is a list and details.

UPW (or Union for Preservation of Wilds) - These are what you'd consider the "protags." They strive to protect their Wild cousins from other Domestics, believing in preserving and respecting their roots. All Domestics in this group who would be considered "predatory" have adapted an herbivorous lifestyle. They are led by a small turtle sage, aptly named "Kame." They are at constant odds with the other factions.

EoS (or Establishment of Servitude) - Domestics in this faction believe in the enslavement of Wilds. They primarily consist of Domestics who were considered “royalty” in the wild. The most prominent leader is a lion Domestic named “Leonydus.” Not all members of EoS may be affiliated.

Predators (or "Preds") - The collective group of Domestics who feast on Wilds. Most Preds are unaffiliated. They are mostly rogue and are collectively classified. These Domestics pose constant problems to ALL factions.

Insect Colonies - These vary from species to species. Each colony works independently and does not involve themselves in the affairs of the other animals. Other Domestics consider insects to be vile and unsavory, so they rarely work together. Some of the Domestic insects are ostracized from their colonies and are forced to form their own colonies with Domestics of like species. Other Domestic insects are oblivious to their evolutions and continue with their pre-evolution habits. Some insect Domestics may be considered Preds, but only those who have not been established within a colony.

Seafaring Domestics – They do not concern themselves with the affairs of land Domestics, maintaining their own "governments." When underwater, all aquatic Domestics use echo-location, regardless of their species. When above water, they speak the language of the land Domestics. This is the only way to tell an aquatic Domestic from an aquatic Wild, as only those aquatic Domestics who move to land grow arms and legs.

Airborne Domestics - Aid other land Domestics. Their instinctive natures may determine which faction they fall to.

Chimerae - Wilds who have been kidnapped and spliced into hideous atrocities, resembling portions of the animals they once were. These Chimerae are created by an unknown entity. A few Domestics aid this faction, kidnapping the Wilds for experiments and defending laboratories from the UPW. Examples of Chimerae would be beings like gryphons, hippogriffs, manticores, centaurs, etc.

The player’s role in this rp would be to aid in the affairs of the UPW. The UPW may include Domestics from every faction.

Any species of animal is available, from flies to deer to whales.

Most Domestics have intelligence levels equal to that of human beings. The advancement level of the Domestics is fairly modern. Some have built structures of brick and others have even constructed small firearms! There is no defined form of “magic” in this world, though mystical things have occurred. Most Domestics rely on their brute strength or other natural skills in combat.

Complex sieges (and by complex, I mean buildings such as castles, labs, etc.) will be performed with Domestic commanders leading Wilds of like species (that is, species similar to that of the Domestic captain) into battle against opposing troops of Wilds or Chimeras. The commander position will be assigned to various players. Commanders will be instructed by a leader on strategies. They will be expected to perform these battle tactics and strategies, success being determined by the GM. To aid in this, all Domestics can speak in their Wild tongues. Meaning, a duck Domestic can speak to Wild birds of similar origin (such as geese, swans, cranes, other ducks, etc.). The primary objective of sieges would be to break through the hordes, allowing the attack party (which will be comprised of a handful of Domestics) to infiltrate the facility and seek its leader.

Battles with other Domestics or uber-Chimerae (Chimerae who are excessively skilled or powerful) will be performed using brute force and other skills, as mentioned previously.

Character Sheets:

Char’s Name-
Char’s Species-
Char’s Physical Traits (i.e., furry, feathered, scaly (and scale type: fish/reptile))-
Char’s Build (i.e., brawny, slender, agile, toned…)-
Char’s Natural Traits (brainy, crafty, sly, fierce, territorial, etc.)-
Char’s Personality (This is where you detail)-
Char’s Background (Why they joined the faction and their prior history)-

I am open to suggestions for improvement.

Re: Animal Kingdom OOC Redux.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 pm

For the characters appearance, should it be humans with animalistic traits, like dog ears, a tail, weird eyes, or do we go further to fur, paws, multiple limbs, or somewhere in between?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mathias » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 pm

They're not humans, they're bipedal animals. Imagine the Ninja Turtles or Bugs Bunny.

Postby darkshark » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:11 am

Char’s Name - Stripeback Ikaika (the family name comes first)

Char’s Species - Tiger Shark

Char’s Physical Traits - A bipedal, tailed organism with a length of about 10 feet from snout to tail, his great mass generally causes him to hunch over to about six or seven feet in height when on land. His unmistakable dorsal fin stands out right at the point where he begins his hunching over. His pectoral fins have extended out into arms, with smaller versions found running the length of the forearm. As all sharks do, he has skin that evolved for ocean life. Rubbed one way, it's smooth, which makes for a very hydrodynamic surface. Rubbed the other, it's a texture not unlike sandpaper, rough and even dangerous to the touch. This is because his skin is actually a series of miniscule, triangular scales, the uneven surface of which prevents bacteria and other organisms from growing on it. In addition, he has the trademark serrated teeth of his species, perfect for ripping and tearing meat or most anything that comes his way. He also maintains the coloring of his bestial ancestors, with a lighter stomach and a striped back. He also has his lateral line and Ampullae of Lorenzini (sixth and seventh senses, basically, sensing miniscule vibrations and electric fields, respectively).

Char’s Build - Appropriate for his spot as one of the most feared predators of the seas, he is sleek, yet powerful. He boasts a body of sheer muscle, capable of propelling him through the sea fast enough to catch his speedier prey (seals, sea lions, etc).

Char’s Natural Traits - He is more of a thinker than some in his order ((when tiger sharks hunt, they don't test by biting, they first bump the prospective prey with their snout)). An apex predator, he swims without fear, aware that there are few who can challenge him.

Char’s Personality - His strength, speed, and fatality give him the extreme confidence he carries. He knows he isn't to be trifled with, but is far from an egomaniac. He knows who is worth his respect, and who isn't (and pity those in the latter category). He tends towards being a loner, but isn't too proud to accept others' help if it's needed.

Char’s Background - Do I have to put anything down, since seafaring Domestics don't bother with land politics?
Last edited by darkshark on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
buh

Postby Tuor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:08 am

You could look up some Hawaiian names maybe? I think those would sound cool for a shark
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mathias » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:20 am

Shoot, I had plans for a great white. Guess I'll make it some other shark.

Postby darkshark » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 pm

hohohoho, sorry about that. Seeing as you are the GM and all, I can change it, if you like. I just really like sharks, I could easily make it about another species. As far as the name goes, so we plan on using just regular names (not that Hawaiian names are super-common or anything, but they're from this universe)?
buh

Postby Mathias » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Whatever name you want. Another shark might be nice, perhaps a less imposing one?

Postby Sentios » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Or a shark with lips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhqBmn ... age#t=124s

Or a freakier kind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_HUIJkRzU

Or a smaller kind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syISlRJTaw4

Will do a CS some time this weekend, don't worry I'm not doing a shark.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby darkshark » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Rewrite coming up.
buh

Postby Zelosse » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Reserved spot. This seems interesting, just gotta think of an animal....

Postby Sentios » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:39 am

Char’s Name- Tiny Odontodactylus

Char’s Species- Mantis Shrimp

Char’s Physical Traits - Tiny is a shimmering green color, with large pink eyes that can see a broader range of light than most creatures. Starting from the top of his head and running down his back is a flexible but tough carapace which ends at his legs. The transition to land was required a lot of change to get to where Tiny is now, reducing the number of legs he has to only two and shortening his tail just a stump. He is a 'smasher' type Mantis Shrimp and his clubs have moved to the sides of his body, incorporating many of his smaller appendages into them giving him 'fingers'. The business side of his arms is still covered in an extremely hard carapace. He always wears a bandanna over his lower face to cover his 'freaky' mouth, which is still similar to his ancestors.

Char’s Build - A slim but robust build, focusing on agile movements and quick, powerful strikes. He's not nearly a tank but not a glass canon either.

Char’s Natural Traits - Tiny is territorial and aggressive, but not without sociability.

Char’s Personality - Tiny is aggressive and persistent, the go getter type of person. He doesn't shy away from conflicts, but it would be hasty to think him reckless. He's got the confidence to know he can handle himself in all his affairs as well as in battle. Others might find him annoying at times.

Char’s Background - Tiny has never had any problems with violence, prior to his joining the UPW he was what you might call a prize fighter. He put his natural combat skills on display for crowds almost 3 nights a week, for gifts and fame. However after a certain winning streak, he simply couldn't stomach the idea any more. It was caused by a member of the EoS, who using his influence, threatened many a fighter with a terrible death should they lose. Naturally this resulted in the fighters, fighting relentlessly until they died anyways.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Mathias » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Well, things have happened and I no longer have a personal computer, so I can't commit to this as much as I'd like to, but bring along your sheets still and we'll see how far we can go.

Postby Zelosse » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:15 am

That's extremely Vague. Explain yourself. Did someone have sex with your computer, blow a load into the motherboard and fry it, leaving you without use of your beloved pc.

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm

I will sign up for this too, if thats alright. Stuck between some kind of eagle or a komodo dragon....cuz y'know I cant use a real dragon XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Mathias » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 am

Feel free to post your character sheets anytime.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 pm

I'll jump in on this if it's still good to go.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 am

People haven't posted their stuff, so I dunno...

Postby Fummoffu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Wish I noticed this sooner.
Wanted to ask if Sefu Safari could come back.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:31 am

I would say yes, but it seems that everyone else has abandoned this.

Postby Fummoffu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 am

I'm not happy with this.
I'm ready to go if they return though.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm with fummo here.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mathias » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Well, if you can convince the people who showed interest in the Idea Board to post their character sheets, then perhaps we may continue.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Who was it?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Return to Role Playing