Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm confused. Why did you get mad? I don't understand.

Fucking forget it, god damn.

Uhg, now I'm in a bad mood. Thanks.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Blood Lord wrote:EDIT: Ohh, I see where you are getting that idea from now, its about the sentence structure. No, I mean that the bomb going off results in the creation of Time Squad, as the event, not that the bomb and the explosion joined forces to create a organization that fixes time. That'd be silly. It's an inanimate object.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 pm

I saw the edit. I like to think of myself as a very meticulous person: I didn't miss it.

Look: Let me try again: Otto says, and I quote:

"This is Just a Stop Gap. I can't be sure, but this may be the reason Time Squad Exists!"

This is a very flimsy line. This can be misconstrued in many different ways. It could be that Otto 'thinks' that Time Squad Exists because of these things, like to stop them... or research them or whatever.

On that- we have to make note of the fact that Otto isn't sure of this, so by that fact alone neither of us can be certain as to what this entire sentence even implies.

My critical thinking skills which I have developed along the years are buzzing around in different directions, and you trying to burn me down infuriates me- because my fucking common sense is tingling and I don't think yours is. Does this line not seem flimsy to you? Do you think that this 'exact' event ended up with the creation of time squad? Otto doesn't know, and he's a member.

Not to mention it's "JUST A STOP GAP" in Otto's own words. This is just one of many. That also points to this not being the sole creator of Time Squad, but contributing to the reason Time Squad exists- to (Whatever) Stop gaps. It's possible that Time Squad exists because of these thingS, but not because of this sole thinG. But you know, "MAY BE THE REASON" also in Otto's own words. He still doesn't even know. It's flimsy and just about baseless to say this ONE SINGLE stopgap created- or caused the creation of Time Squad.

Are we on the same page now? If not we can stop.

Edit: Tired. Bad mood. Require rest and meditation or I can't think straight.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 pm

You want to go on this round again? Okay.

Birdofterror wrote:I saw the edit. I like to think of myself as a very meticulous person: I didn't miss it.

Good, because I wasn't sure if you did or not. Because the way that it came across to me was that you mistook my words and looked at the sentence structure and not meaning. However, after looking at it again and again and again, I can see where it was the meaning that could have been confused. Which was the mistake on my part.

Didn't mean any offense, so chill.

Birdofterror wrote:"This is Just a Stop Gap. I can't be sure, but this may be the reason Time Squad Exists!"

This is a very flimsy line. This can be misconstrued in many different ways. It could be that Otto 'thinks' that Time Squad Exists because of these things, like to stop them... or research them or whatever.

On that- we have to make note of the fact that Otto isn't sure of this, so by that fact alone neither of us can be certain as to what this entire sentence even implies.

My critical thinking skills which I have developed along the years are buzzing around in different directions,and you trying to burn me down infuriates me- because my fucking common sense is tingling and I don't think yours is. Does this line not seem flimsy to you? Do you think that this 'exact' event ended up with the creation of time squad? Otto doesn't know, and he's a member.


You don't need to insult me like that, nor am I trying to burn you down.

It is a flimsy line. It is after all a comic that is being written by BR, who is psychotic. It is expected to have flimsy lines, misinterpretations, and terrible writting every once and a while. And it can mean of one of two things.
1: As you said it refers to stop gaps in general.
2: It refers to this specific stop gap.

I think it is referring to this specific gap as the core creator, but Time Squad exists to deal with all time issues. So this is like the beginning point. It seems to me to be the most common and direct mean and not some tricky way. This is also what I assume the average reader gets from the comic. As you pointed out he is a member, a Jr member. We don't know a lot about the organization of Time Squad, nor how it has changed in this universe, but we do know that there are more Time Squad teams. We could infer that there is a hierarchy of order in the organization and that there is a head chief or chiefs. the reason Otto may not know about this completely is that he simply doesn't have complete access to that sort of information. Might have forgotten it, or didn't fully listen to when it was explained to him.

He said "I can't be sure, but this may be the reason Time Squad Exists." I took that as meaning that this event is the key reason to the creation of Time Squad, and not stop gaps in general even though they still deal with them and other time related issues.


EDIT: We can also argue about this all we want, but the best thing to do would be to seek clarification from BR.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm posring this from my pad so I can sleep soon so pardon whatever errors there are as well as the short length of the post.

I bet BR would be happy to see such 'extensive' debate on his work, for what it's worth.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I'm posring this from my pad so I can sleep soon so pardon whatever errors there are as well as the short length of the post.

Composing? And its not a problem.

Birdofterror wrote:I bet BR would be happy to see such 'extensive' debate on his work, for what it's worth.

Amused, I'd bet. I'll have to ask him about it when I catch him on Skype again.

Now it doesn't mean that we can't continue discussing this, that wasn't really my plan for suggesting that. You have brought a indirect point up to my attention that I need to read the comic through again, so thanks for that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:35 am

I am awake and 70% more sane.
Blood Lord wrote:Composing? And its not a problem.
I've learned that sleep does wonder for the composure.

I did some thinking last night before I went to sleep, about the importance of the line itself. Was this line supposed to be taken so literally? Was Time Squad created by this thing, or to a lesser extent created in PART by this thing? Is that what Otto is supposed to be saying?

Because this is an important line the author wants the reader to see. This is one of those sleeper bombshells that isn't felt until weeks, sometimes months later. If this event is really 'so' important, I'm still left with the hitch as to Why Otto was so unsure about it... you provided reasons as to why that may be, but I'm still very unsure.

This isn't even about you or me, it's about Otto and his shitty line. CLARIFY YOU DINGLE-BERRY! THE UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE!
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 pm

First we need to figure out what a "stop-gap" is. I'd imagine it would be like displacing an object to the future, yet the same object is still there. Or is that a paradox? Dammit this hurts my head.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 pm

A stop-gap is a something that fills the place of something else, like a temporary substitute. It's not a time-travel fixated word, but a common word:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stopgap
Examples:
The new law is intended only as a stopgap.
The coach we have now was only hired as a stopgap until someone with more experience is found.

A more recent example would be the Stopgap Funding Measure that the US House recently passed, which "staved off the threat of government shut down for six months". It was passed in early September.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2 ... g-measure/
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/21 ... g-20130321

So this bomb moves something out of place into a different place and then back into place.

First we need to figure out what a "stop-gap" is. I'd imagine it would be like displacing an object to the future, yet the same object is still there. Or is that a paradox? Dammit this hurts my head.

What makes this funny is considering this statement and your avatar/sig set.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
First we need to figure out what a "stop-gap" is. I'd imagine it would be like displacing an object to the future, yet the same object is still there. Or is that a paradox? Dammit this hurts my head.

What makes this funny is considering this statement and your avatar/sig set.

I'm a whovian. To tell the truth, that doesn't nessecarily mean I'm an expert in quantum physics. But still, you're definition for a stop-gap makes me think maybe the earth will be replaced temporarily. With an unsatisfactory replacement possibly. Like a Bizzaro Cube. That would be cool. A big green cube replacing the earth. That makes me wonder, what would the Bizzaro PPGs look like? God that can be unpredictable to an unspeakable level.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 pm

It's the time aspect I was pointing out. I would expect any "whovian" to know a thing or two about time, and since you brought it up, quantum physics over the average sci-fi fan.

TheMadDoctor wrote:But still, you're definition for a stop-gap makes me think maybe the earth will be replaced temporarily.

ARGH. Wrong usage of the would "your" in there.

Also, it isn't mine. I used the internet, more specifically Google and a couple of online dictionaries. Its amazing the kind of things you can find when you do a little research.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Okay, I know a good little nugget on time-travel, but not an expert because I'm aware that most of the time-travel details in entertainment media are mostly fictional, buf I do have a basic understandinf on how paradoxes work.

But if earth was to be replaced temporarily, what do you think will replace it? If it is Bizzaro-Earth, then I'd be excited to see the Bizzaro versions of the PPGs.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Why would it be Bizzaro Earth or Earth at all?

It's dealing with time not inter-galactic teleportation or cross dimensional replacement.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Why would it be Bizzaro Earth or Earth at all?

It's dealing with time not inter-galactic teleportation or cross dimensional replacement.

Dang it, I keep forgetting. Something is still gonna replace earth, and it's not gonna look pretty. But still, would it be interesting to see Bizzaro PPGs?
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote: But still, you're definition for a stop-gap makes me think maybe the earth will be replaced temporarily. With an unsatisfactory replacement possibly.

Speaking of which; Didn't someone come up with the theory awhile back, that the GT world, would somehow be the "stop gap"? This bomb could also be the reason that Jack is here in the present time.

TheMadDoctor wrote:That makes me wonder, what would the Bizzaro PPGs look like?

The Powerpunk Girls maybe? I know they've been in some of Bleeds art, however I doubt they'll make an appearance. But than again, who knows.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Dang it, I keep forgetting. Something is still gonna replace earth, and it's not gonna look pretty. But still, would it be interesting to see Bizzaro PPGs?

Must. Remain. Calm.

I am going to explain this in the most simple manner possible, that I can think of.

NOTHING is going to replace Earth with Earth except for Earth. Its dealing with TIME, NOT SPACE. It is going to remove the people (depending on the range) from a time period, replace it, and put things back.

Again, Time is being worked on here, not space.

No, it wouldn't be cool to see Bizzaro PpG.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Dang it, I keep forgetting. Something is still gonna replace earth, and it's not gonna look pretty. But still, would it be interesting to see Bizzaro PPGs?

Must. Remain. Calm.

I am going to explain this in the most simple manner possible, that I can think of.

NOTHING is going to replace Earth with Earth except for Earth. Its dealing with TIME, NOT SPACE. It is going to remove the people (depending on the range) from a time period, replace it, and put things back.

Again, Time is being worked on here, not space.

Well, on one note, you're a bit confusing at this statement. Yet, why do you think only time is involved?
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:08 pm

BECAUSE ITS A GOD DAMN HOUR GLASS AND TIME SQUAD IS INVOLVED.

EDIT: BR also hinted towards, I tried finding the original quote, but failed. I think Bird saw it, and would know about it... I think.

The only thing from him that I found was that it dealt also with gravity wells:
BeeAre wrote:
Wallow Blacklake wrote:I can't help bet feel the explosion has been influenced by a KND episode.

Okay, we are going to have to do some serious Quantum Physics here.
We can see in the second panel that the bomb does not seem to affect space
so it must change the time parameter of reality within itself.

Consider that, indeed, time and space are one thing.
I have a theory that time cannot exist without space BUT space could exist without time.
If there were only space then nothing would change and we would be stuck in a never-ending moment
until, somehow, time were to start again. In the real world, if time were to do this, we would never notice it. This is what the bomb may be able to do, stop or destroy time.

So why would Dr X do this? Who knows? He and the council may have found a way to be immune to this.
They could set up an empire on Earth in literally "no time" and then start time again, with everyone as slaves.

....Sorry. I'm babbling again, aren't I?


OOOOO I love this. You're SO close. SO Close. nyoro~n ¦:3

but remember that spacetime being one thing means you can't simply create a scenario where one exists and not the other and not have the flipside, it just means you have to stretch how you perceive reality. perhaps the universe is solipsism with every particle passing through one singularity invoking all possibilities in this dimensionless singularity wherein your perspective takes place, and eventually the perspective of all events in reality that we perceive as happening in "other spaces".

fun shit to think about, the whole "there's only one electron in the universe, it's just time-travelling really well" thing.

i can give you a hint.

the bombs rely on gravity wells. i've been doin my quantum physics buffing, and the bombs have to be unique in design and execution. the earth and moon are now being subjected to energy fields that are changing something in their local spacetime.

In the coming chapters, someone will leave the earth. it'll give a big hint as to what is going on, if you're versed in space.

but plz don't like. post in the thread something i can't respond to, tho :X if you're right i can't just say YA! GJ. PM me if you want to really crack at it.


BeeAre wrote:
Valhallen wrote:
BeeAre wrote:the bombs rely on gravity wells. i've been doin my quantum physics buffing, and the bombs have to be unique in design and execution. the earth and moon are now being subjected to energy fields that are changing something in their local spacetime.
So... gridfire?


really thin gridfire, if i am interpreting the idea of it correctly. if not, then. um. no. :x

Gridfire info:
http://theculture.wikia.com/wiki/Hypergridintrusion
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Blood Lord wrote:BECAUSE ITS A GOD DAMN HOUR GLASS AND TIME SQUAD IS INVOLVED.

Jeez, chill out. I see your point on that, but I honestly can't guess what might happen if you leave the earth at it's same spot except at a different point in time. Unless it's some time before the sun was formed or after it goes nova. Then the planet would freeze. Then they'd all be dead anyway.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm done attempting to explain this to you. The Earth isn't going to move in time, the people are.

Read my edit as well.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 am

I still remember Wallow Blacklake's talk with Beeare very clearly and fondly. It gave us a pretty clear insight into what was going on... well, compared to what we had before: (Nothing.)

I was always confused as to the practice, though. How does the Moon and the Earth generate enough energy to bend/stop time? I mean, the sun almost does that- ALMOST. And that's the sun. Mucho biggero than Eartho.

So I guess this timeline, as Blacklake Predicted, wouldn't really be HARDCORE stopped, it would only be stopped for like... what, less than a second? But during that time- Black Eden builds an entire empire on Earth. Beeare said this theory was REALLY close, but he didn't actually hit it on the head, so some key details are still wrong.

I'm not sure about which ones though. Maybe the 'No Time?' Maybe the 'Evil Empire?' Hell, maybe that it will even happen in the first place. It's not hinted by either party that the people on Earth would even be aware of what happened. If an evil empire were to be built in less than a second of suspended time, would the people suddenly see it spring out of nowhere? Or would they be fooled into thinking it was here all along?

Me? I don't really care anymore. The long arduous mental adventure it takes to get to the answer to these questions don't really seem worth it to me anymore. I'd rather wait until the story tells it, you know?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Me? I don't really care anymore. The long arduous mental adventure it takes to get to the answer to these questions don't really seem worth it to me anymore. I'd rather wait until the story tells it, you know?

Yes. I go through waves of feeling this way. Sometimes I'm totally down for writing a term paper on some of this, other days I really don't care. imho, I think you and a lot of us are just getting burned out on this. We've been discussing this damn bomb thing for nearly two years now. Its like the fight in SB.

In the general term of this, I enjoy it because I like to test myself and my abilities to reason and think things out. I don't have many places that really challenge that. I try to watch detective shows, but figure them out ten minutes in, save for Elementary, and (sometimes) Person of Interest.

Every person to there own opinion though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:02 pm

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=55
okay I've been looking at this page for a little bit, trying to figure out what might happen if the rowdy ruffs do return in the comic. Two things I can pull from this is
1) Brick seems ready to get over with this then take over the world
2) Boomer just can only think about Bubbles and Brick knows it, but not exactly what about them.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just link it next time instead.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Assuming that the plot at that point in time is still standard with this, which I highly doubt-

TheMadDoctor wrote:1) Brick seems ready to get over with this then take over the world

Humor me. How did you make that jump

Never mind, after considering how you think Sam can be a Dalek, I can see where you got that.

And no.

He never states motive for world domination, or to rule over anything, just to reach the point where they don't have a weakness and can over come anything. There isn't nor hasn't been motivation from them like that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 am

I was only comparing Sam to a Dalek. Now everyone seems to making a misconception that I thought Sam was a dalek.
Image
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Walking the path of The Great Journey
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests