RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Fummoffu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Sorry to those who voted. I've been busy. I'll have a character sheet and a world sheet up soon.
Do I need 4 votes to start? I remember it being around that number.
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Yup, 4 is the magic number
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:34 pm

I have an idea that I would like some help with. I have the basic idea but I don't know how I should expand on it.

Basically, every player is a different video game character. My only rule is: no guns. I'd also prefer it if the character is customizable in the game that they're not used (such as Skyrim, Fable, etc.) and if so, description required. Also, if it's a game series that's straight foreward (Genji, Sly Cooper, Jak, etc.) then only the game is needed. If the storyline is more complicated (Link) then it will need more explanation.

This will be similar to but different from Kingdom Hearts. Does anyone think they can help me sort out everything?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 am

This sounds an awful lot like Fummo's idea... and his idea sounds a whole lot better.

I've been wondering this for a while, but why are you still coming here? I've seen you post on the Roleplayers Guild, you even GM a RP there. So why still come here?
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm trying to improve so I can get 1 accepted here. I think if y'all gave me a chance, I'd be a good GM.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm

And I'm pretty sure you would make a good GM, but its the ideas that you are coming up with that people aren't interested in... and writing a RP out for you. For example, your current one with KH. I'm not a KH fan, never played the game and have no interest in doing so. It's just my tastes. If you come up with an RP that has a structure, you can PM it to me and I can help you out, but you can see why that can be a potentially bad idea further into this post (I write long stuff).

It's not that hard to learn how to make a good RP... yeah, that is a debatable statement, but generally, it isn't that hard. I've told you this a few times and I feel like I'm yelling into the wind through a brick wall and you just can't hear me, but here we go again.
1: Join a few RPs. You're in one. Get out there and experience MORE of the community and DIFFERENT RP styles. Make friends.

2: Research. Research your idea to make sure its got a solid foundation. Look at other RPs, new and old ones and see how they constructed their RPs. Look at the fantasy and sci-fi ones accordingly. Some people (like me) love detail and go over the top. I make a small book when I create RPs. One I think had 15-22 Microsoft Word pages. It's who I am and I like every little detail covered. the issue with that is some people ignore it because its a job just to read it. Others can go with considerable less detail and make it work, like Hana. Most though settle in between.

3: Write it so that it is clear and not jumbling so many things together.

4: Start small. See if someone needs a Co-GM.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I've been doing that. There's a good RP OOC up but it's basically dead unless more people show interest again.

And my RP idea is less like KH and more like a cluster-fuck of characters from different 'verses coming together.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Then keep doing that. Get into as many as you can handle. You need to show everyone that you are worthy of their trust and respect before they will vote something of yours in. You have a reputation amongst a few people here that isn't the best (not the worst either). You need to improve and polish that reputation. The more RPs and interactions you have, the better your reputation will become. People have to see that you are able to function well in a RP. It's usually not this... "political", but in the case of redemption, it can be. Get in more RPs, see if someone needs a Co-GM, get involved with the site and people here.

And that's the problem. Its a clusterfuck. I think the last time I saw something like that, it was a OC tournament match up. People would take their favorite characters from RPs they've been in and fight. It got voted, but I don't think it lifted off the ground.
Clear and precise RPs are the best. You can intermingle a few universes (if they make sense) but too many can turn people away.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 pm

If it helps, Bel, you can look over some of the other successfully voted-in ideas I've posted in the past:

Werewolf game
World of Darkness game
SPN
Persona
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Paranoia
Valdemar game
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Well, my idea was popular among my friends. Each of them chose a premade character, except the guy who chose dovahkiin, and we went jumping from world to world, beating pieces of each storyline, each character gaining something from each world. Link learned a full shout and another word and got an amahagane. That's 3 worlds that have nothing in common.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Do you see the difference yet? Those were your friends, we aren't those friends. Was that irl or over the internet? That'd be a big factor.

Try getting them on here to join then and participate. It seems like they are willing to play along with your ideas.

You know, I'm trying to fucking help you out here, not fight. So if you want to argue with me on things like this, things I KNOW because I have been here a whole hell of a lot longer than you have, fine. Let's see how long you'll last.
Mercypostle

Postby Belwicket » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm not trying to argue. I'm adding to the conversation.

Yes, they were RL and there are differences between situations but it's the idea we should focus on, not the players.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm

You always have to factor in the people and the situation when considering an RP.

I stand by what I said. Get more experience, and make more friends.

Or, you can get other people to join and play your RPs with you. Never know what would happen in that case, might bring a lot more of the regulars into play as well.
Mercypostle

Postby Belwicket » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm trying to improve. Bringing my friends in would be counter-productive.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:40 pm

I noticed Hana's list didn't have the Elemental School RP. THAT was a fun and popular RP, despite it not lasting long.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby BG07 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 am

Her list only had RPs that she was the GM of.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:26 am

Oh. My mistake.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 am

BradaoOfCartha wrote:I noticed Hana's list didn't have the Elemental School RP. THAT was a fun and popular RP, despite it not lasting long.

Actually that's not true. The elemental RP originally had over 100 pages before it stopped. It was also redone 2-3 times.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri May 03, 2013 8:09 am

Hello, I am very new to the RP board so I'm just taking my time to understand the complexity of this board and it's rules. But i do have a suggestion for a Grim Tales RP unless one has already been created, but either way I am looking forward to being here.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello new friend and welcome to RP. Please take a seat, have a carbonated be beverage, and join a few RPs that are bumping around. Most people consider taking a short walk before they get to a run. Feel me?

Try out one of the x-men RPs, or maybe get started in the dragon age game that is going. Get your feet on the ground and see how it's done before you get into creating a world for the other players.

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am

Which idea would y'all like to see a complete idea sheet on? A real-world KH RP, a multi-dovhkiin RP, an Exit Path RP, a coven of witches taking on demons or one that my friends and I have dubbed Coventry, which we're actually trying to turn into a series of animated episodes, either on TV or youtube (idk yet).
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Hmm, four choices that I know jack shit about except one involves Mickey Mouse...

I would go with the Coventry one, sounds... interesting, and compared to the other three something that I would at least have a vague idea of what the hell is going on. I think I've heard of an anime series that does that. Except they were Demons and not witches. Anyways, would I play it? Probably not because I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I got so far.

I'm not even sure if you are understanding what is being said by myself and Hanna. I suppose though the only way we can know for sure is if you post one of them and not ask for help to make it. That would show that you have been studying the structure of some of the RPs. I think you still need to work on your PR before introducing an RP. Like a Senator that needs to work on their PR before introducing a Bill to the Senate.
Mercypostle

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 am

Well, tha basic idea behind the real-world KH RP was that we're all normal people who get attacked by the Heartless, a couple of us being keybearers, though not knowing at first, and the rest of us somehow get special weapons and we go on an epic quest to rid the world of Heartless.

The multi-dovahkiin RP would be Skyrim based, just with more than 1 dovahkiin and me tossing in some random quest here and there that makes sense to the story.

Exit Path is a foot-racing game with the ability of Flow, which increases a runner's speed x4.

The coven of witches taking on demons is just a story I'm working on. I have ideas for the demons, I just don't know how each demon should die.

And the Path to Coventry, nicknamed Coventry, is just one that is a good idea, one we have a lot of detail on, and one I'm hoping would be very popular here.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Mon May 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Bel... Bel, please... Just stop.

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I have so many ideas. I want to get at least 1 completed. With or without help, I'll continue on them all. If people tell me which of them they'd like to see finished first, I can focus more on that 1. Heck, I could probably post the Path to Coventry this week with all the info we have.
High Queen Dovahkiin

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing