Faces Of The Finish

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Faces Of The Finish

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:06 pm

rac7d wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:
Shinigami Grimson wrote:I feel like Bell is going to use too much energy and cause some serious damage to herself. Really don't remember too well, but isn't she defective or something?

I had developed a theory on this a while back, going off of a few ideas. In that case, it was thought that Bell was unstable since a typical PpG creation results in three girls, that Bell could be a super condensed version of all three girls into one. Thus she is incredibly powerful, but also dangerously unstable. This instability was suggested from Bell's drastically shifting personality.

Thus far its kinda sort of there, but isn't. It was explained by BR that Bell is basically a super-PpG. She's smarter than Bubbles and Buttercup, but not as smart as Blossom. She is also stronger than Blossom and Bubbles, but not Buttercup. Then there was something with emotions, but I don't remember how it was phrased.

You mean this

l do some dispelling of this myth. Bell is better than each of the girls except the girl with a chosen specialty.

Blossom is smarter than Bell, but Bell is smarter than Buttercup and Bubbles.

Buttercup is stronger than Bell, but Bell is stronger than Blossom and Bubbles.

Now, the subtlest of the three:

Bubbles is more emotionally enduring than Bell. As to that significance, and what it means when Bell is stronger than the other two regarding it, I'll let you guys speculate.

The scenario WILL come up.

The last one still puzzes me becasue I never have seen bubbles emotional enurring she alwas the first one to break. I thought Blossom was the most enduring with emotions

Maybe it's something to do with speed and agility. The fast headcrab zombies in Half life 2 are weaker but because of that, faster. Bubbles probably has a similar scenario. she also has superior use of the sonic screem which may be a part of speed. I don't know, makes more sense than emotional edurance.
Oh hello Soldier

Postby gazfan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 pm

bell and Sam are gonna explode or it's gonna be one of the other therios
" it's judgment day "

~ gaz

Postby CrimsonRaine » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:
CrimsonRaine wrote:
Shradow wrote:
CrimsonRaine wrote:When Bell was powering up then firing her attack, anyone else hear Goku's voice in their head going, "Kamehameha!"?

Yeah, me neither.

That's because it's Vegeta's Final Flash.

And, if it's anything like Final Flash in terms of power, it might be the cause of the giant explosion, since Vegeta's Final Flash could easily destroy the planet.

I was joking about the 'me neither' part, but it looks like Kamehameha. I haven't watched DBZ in over 6 years, so I don't really remember what Vegeta's Final Flash was. If Bell's attack is similar it seems Kamehameha and Final Flash are practically the same attack: Gather big ball of light in hands, fire and go boom.

ok here's my joke for this page

After all is said and done, Bell is sitting back at home licking her wounds after being defeated by Blossom when out of nowhere...
*DING DONG*
Dr. X - Now who could that be...
Dr. X - (find's a letter in front of the door and picks at up and reads whats in it) WTH!? BELL GET IN HERE NOW!
Bell - What is it?
Dr. X - (shows Bell the letter) Why are you being sued for power move copyright infringement!? Did you rip off someones attack!?
Bell - How the heck do i know!? Who's suing me anyway?
Dr. X - I don't know, someone named Vegeta?
Bell - Meh, never heard of him (and walks off)
XD this is just a joke don't get mad that i'm saying the fight's done when it's just getting good because im not

It's not the first time an anime character filed a lawsuit. I heard Sailor Moon sued Piccolo for blowing up the moon.
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Shradow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm

But Roshi blew it up first.

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 pm

That's neither here nor there. Besides, Buttercup already ripped off the Super Saiyan transformation in a short side-story near the beginning of this comic. I'm just hoping Blossom can defend herself even though she was surprised.

And she was doing such a good job of using Holmesvision before too.
A Page Flipper

Postby Deadpool94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Looks like someone, (or something), is gonna go BOOM!!
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:35 pm

The way i see things going I think Blossom is going to dodge it by the skin of her teeth and that Buttercup punches Sam through to where Blossom is and Sam ends up getting hit by Bell's "Final Flash" (calling it what it is until notified that it isn't) so then Buttercup and Blossom start fighting Bell and Gir, meanwhile Sam, who is probably pretty much a wreck at this point uses whatever life she has left to use her body as a conduit from the power source to the bomb.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Sigment » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 am

Xi-1 wrote:Buttercup already ripped off the Super Saiyan transformation in a short side-story near the beginning of this comic.

Nostalgia, my old foe... we meet again...
So far Sam's gotten one blow in (a sucker punch, at that), and after this Buttercup may not let her guard down again. Things ain't looking so good for that tin can.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby konata50 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:38 pm

love the attack someone might cry weather they dodge or get hit i know i would cry....or stare at it instead of fight back like when Cell took the attack head on...the greatest education is in learning how to DOOOOOODDGGE!!!!! such power
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm

The object is to move fast, not think fast. Blossom's chances halve as the blast gets closer to her.

Sam getting driven into the same room as Bell, Gir, and Blossom would be a little too neat. And now that you've suggested it perhaps BeeAre will ensure it does not happen. Or not. I'm not gonna call it either way.
A Page Flipper

Postby Sasten » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:35 pm

FINAL FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Yours truly, Sasten Fang XChia/ Thunder Strike Magica

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 am

Does everyone else knows that Bell is not a transhuman like Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup? She's a android like Sam.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 am

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:Does everyone else knows that Bell is not a transhuman like Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup? She's a android like Sam.

She's artificial, yes, similar to how the other puffs were made, but I don't think she's an android. :/
Oh hello Soldier

Postby rac7d » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:54 am

Bell and sam are not androids.
Bell is a powerpuff, a unstable creation possibly since she came out a single instead of the normal three
Samanth is a cyborg, she willingily allowed parts of her body be enhanced and repalced with machines. Appreantly but were still unsure she maby be 95 % mechanical and 5% organic at this point.

Postby stratus » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:12 pm

rac7d wrote:Bell and sam are not androids.
Bell is a powerpuff, a unstable creation possibly since she came out a single instead of the normal three
Samanth is a cyborg, she willingily allowed parts of her body be enhanced and repalced with machines. Appreantly but were still unsure she maby be 95 % mechanical and 5% organic at this point.

on this topic of androids i found an intresting picture of bell a long time ago and have been meaning to ask if it was cannon or just some early concept that was later dropped

Postby Sigment » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:35 pm

stratus wrote: on this topic of androids i found an intresting picture of bell and have been meaning to ask if it was cannon or just some early concept that was later dropped

Based on the art style, this was probably drawn a bit earlier in the comic's timeline, but not near the beginning. Hell, maybe five or six years. Before then, BM drew character's legs much bigger, and since Chapter Seven the Powerpuffs (including Bell) have eyes with a white inner pupil like the show, with their iris color being their representative color.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 pm

It's part of Grid's fanfiction of PpGD. That isn't official, possibly done by him, Seir, or Grids.

Bell isn't a android in the real PpGD.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Because in Grids story Black and White (and Lifelines) Bell also has two sisters; Barasia and Breannin. However Barasia made an appearance in last years April Fools page.

CrimsonCreed wrote:After all is said and done, Bell is sitting back at home licking her wounds after being defeated by Blossom when out of nowhere...
*DING DONG*
Dr. X - (find's a letter in front of the door and picks at up and reads whats in it) WTH!? BELL GET IN HERE NOW!
Bell - What is it?
Dr. X - (shows Bell the letter) Why are you being sued for power move copyright infringement!? Did you rip off someones attack!?
XD this is just a joke don't get mad that i'm saying the fight's done when it's just getting good because im not

I could already imagine this. If PPGD (and GT) become an anime. Then after each episode you see a funny non-canon scene for humor similar to what they do in Bleach
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Because in Grids story Black and White (and Lifelines) Bell also has two sisters; Barasia and Breannin. However Barasia made an appearance in last years April Fools page.

CrimsonCreed wrote:After all is said and done, Bell is sitting back at home licking her wounds after being defeated by Blossom when out of nowhere...
*DING DONG*
Bell - What is it?

I could already imagine this. If PPGD (and GT) become an anime. Then after each episode you see a funny non-canon scene for humor similar to what they do in Bleach

Already debated this and most likely not going to happen due to copyrights, and all that "good stuff".

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm

You guys have no idea how copy rights work. If it operated like that, then no fanfiction would ever be made. The issue only comes when you make it and try to sell it.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:You guys have no idea how copy rights work. If it operated like that, then no fanfiction would ever be made. The issue only comes when you make it and try to sell it.

I'd imagine It might be possible to make PPGD a anime. But depending on who distributes it, some characters will be removed. I mean, If warner Brothers distributes it, then there might be a copyright conflict with Viacom because of the nickelodeon characters, such as Jenny, Zim, GIR...(dammit gir's my favorite character this whole comic, I'd hate to have my favorite character missing in an anime adaptation of this).
Oh hello Soldier

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:04 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:You guys have no idea how copy rights work. If it operated like that, then no fanfiction would ever be made. The issue only comes when you make it and try to sell it.

I'd imagine It might be possible to make PPGD a anime. But depending on who distributes it, some characters will be removed. I mean, If warner Brothers distributes it, then there might be a copyright conflict with Viacom because of the nickelodeon characters, such as Jenny, Zim, GIR...(dammit gir's my favorite character this whole comic, I'd hate to have my favorite character missing in an anime adaptation of this).

it's basically one of those "everyone wants a same slice of the pie but theres just not enough of it to go around" kind deals then?

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

it's basically one of those "everyone wants a same slice of the pie but theres just not enough of it to go around" kind deals then?

For both the characters and the distributers. Yep, pretty much.
Oh hello Soldier

Postby Sigment » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I'd imagine It might be possible to make PPGD a anime. But depending on who distributes it, some characters will be removed. I mean, If warner Brothers distributes it, then there might be a copyright conflict with Viacom because of the nickelodeon characters, such as Jenny, Zim, GIR...(dammit gir's my favorite character this whole comic, I'd hate to have my favorite character missing in an anime adaptation of this).

Anime adaptions change plot points all the time. At least half of the anime adaptions of their corresponding manga have changed something in the story that dramatically affects the story's flow and overall outcome. Soul Eater being just one example.
Sam has cybernetics and a sacred Japanese sword, and she's still having serious trouble against Buttercup... That tin can is screwed. Pun 100% totally intended... :grin:

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm

If you did a fan-based anime of PpGD, and just openly released it, then there wouldn't be any copy right infringements. You have to operate by the ame principles that fan fictions are based off of.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!