RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:27 pm

I only just had a concept when I made up the idea, nobody has to vote on it, it's in development in my head.
Never anger a magician

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

Check out this RP idea my brother had. It totally needs some work.

Rokku wrote:In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world.

Our story will follow our OCs. If you would like, I can assist you in creating your character. [action or action/romance, group or single (single must provide own chat), humans only, LITERACY REQUIRED, 1+ lines, tab for info]

EXAMPLE CHARACTERS

Rokku: I am a normal guy who likes to fight, have fun and hang with my friends. I can often be caught flirting with some hot girl or another. Sadly, I have yet to find a girl who will join me on a quest, much less go out with me. Since the first day, I have worked hard to become as strong as I can. The only problem is I think too much of myself sometimes and not enough other times. I can never seem to find the middle ground. Despite the fact I could die anytime, I love this world. I am also a little envious of my friends, most of whom have mastered their styles. I am what is known as a beast tamer, a class in which people can use monsters to assist in fights offensively, defensively or as a healer. I have a small dragon that heals 15 HP every 30 seconds. Her name is Mizu. Since most of my armor is red, people have taken to calling me the Crimson Beast Master. I like it but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. My ultimate goal is to beat this game so I can do it over and over.

Yoru: I'm kind of a laid back, serious kind of guy. I like long, midnight strolls on the beach and helping people on the bosses, with only the payment of getting the last hit bonus, which I share with my friends. I keep the armor, only if it matches my style. Looks aren't everything but I like to look good. Since we have been locked in this hellhole of a game, I've been trying to help get my friend out of here. However, my friend is stupid enough to actually want to leave and return. Then I'd have to come back and help his ass through a second time. Now that I say it, it doesn't sound like that bad an idea. I can't wait for the expansion packs. My class is just an average swordsman. I wield a single handed bastard sword. I've yet to find a new sword which I like the look of. People have taken to calling me Night Blade because of my cloak and blade. My ultimate goal is to get my friend out of here. I can't say I don't like this game. It's fun for me but it gets redundant. That's why I want some expansion packs. I know I can survive that long.

Hana: I'm just a cute little girl who's awesome with a buckler/polearm combo. I don't have to fight all the time but when I do, those monsters better watch it. With my team, we can do anything. I'm the leader, of course. I like flowers and cupcakes and ponies and killing monsters and butterflies. My friends say I'm too spaztic. I don't know what they're talking about. I don't think I'm spaztic enough. I'm a mixture of 2 classes: the Lancer class and the Youmien. I prefer to keep enemies at a distance but I can still fight from close up. My ultimate goal is to get my sister out. She's too afraid of this place.

Umi: I'm a shy girl who'd rather hide behind her shield than swing her sword. I hate fighting. However, I know where to buy anything you need. I often just stay by my sister but, while she sleeps, I can often sneak away to find a buyer or two for some of my… not so legal merchandise. Don't get me wrong, I don't kill players, I just know how to get the good items. I've often stole the last hit bonus from some of my party members, then selling the items to buy ingredients to make good food. My goal is to survive so my sister and I can get out. I only wish I wasn't so afraid.

Kaze: I am a level-headed, average person. I am proficient with nearly every weapons class; though prefer the bow or a dagger or shortsword. I don't kill any players except in self defense. I prefer not to take the last hit bonus; I could find someone to make something stronger. Without my team, I would not be here today. Despite the fact everyone else thinks they're the leader, I am the true leader. I thought I would be better alone but they still continue to follow me. I've grown accustomed to them. They've never been a bother, really, and have been very helpful in boss fights. My goal is to leave this game and return to my family. I only wish they're still waiting for me.

Yes, I know this is kind of unorthodox but I prefer the characters be based off yourself or someone you know. I will play mostly as Rokku, as he is based off me. If you have any questions, ask.

Who agrees this needs a lot of work done?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BG07 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:25 am

He didn't really do anything there, just took the SAO premise and showed a few example characters.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Actually, I think it's supposed to be an SAO RP.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Glacier » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:58 pm

You got my vote Matt, I remember that MySpace fiasco but I think it'll be fun

Postby Asmodai » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Belwicket wrote:Actually, I think it's supposed to be an SAO RP.

Seriously though, what was the point of you posting that here?
Mephobiac

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 am

Why is Bel posting it and not her brother?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:07 pm

By Fummo and Sam4books

PREMISE - *WORK IN PROCESS*

*DDDDDDDDDDDDDRING!*

It's a glorious Friday during the summer of 1992. School has just ended for the week and all the kids in the district are excited for the weekend ahead. They explode out of school entrances and hurry down town upon their bikes, skateboards, roller skates and of course on foot.

What is so important about down town you might ask?
Well I'll tell you...

ARCADIA

It's the place to be. The place to forget about that test you might have failed or that project that is due next week. It's a place to immerse yourself. Aint no better way to spend your lunch money than to feed into your favorite platformer, racer, beat em up or shooter.

But this Friday is particularly special because Arcadia has just installed a line of new games to create a hype among gamers.

I wish I could say the same for the games already inhabiting the arcade...

Basic plot: Think Wreck-it Ralph
You will create a game ranging from racing, a side scrolling shooter, an Action/adventure platformer etc
You will inhabit this game as either the protagonist or antagonist.
You could co- create a game with a friend and play roleplay as both.
You can be as creative as you like as long as it fits within the boundaries of the classic arcade era.
Add quirks, powers, power ups, catch phrases.
You will basically be roleplaying an idea for an indie game you might have :)

I'll work on expanding this idea depending on your responses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ZCpNIDZGQ
"Haha"
Buy Gold
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Why is Bel posting it and not her brother?

Because, as she's said more than once, he was banned
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Hmm, never saw that/paid attention to it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:39 pm

+1 to Fummo!

I love the concept of Wreck-it-Ralph!
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Could be tricky to be original about making a game for me, but +1
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Hiroko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:42 pm

+1 for Fummo. Really love the idea. >u<
The Sentimental One

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 am

Asmodai wrote:Seriously though, what was the point of you posting that here?

I thought y'all would think it's funny.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am

Idea Board is for posting RP ideas for voting or help with fleshing out (with an eye toward getting them voted in). Not for funny stuff.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby KingofInsanity » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:19 pm

i came up with this a week ago i'm actually planning on making a story/rp thing were in the rp section i'd ask the representive "players" to pick what they'd like there character to do after i put the prolouge in the literature section then i'd put a chapter on how the characterz got there
setting:a megaville-esque city called new datensville
my character:allen roy

example sheet do not put the parenthesis in your sheet unless it's like a disguise thing like zim has or like power(s)
-------------------------------------------------
name: allen roy
power(s):speed agility and strength and can scan his enemies
race:clone(your allowed to have mixe races as long as both halves are in the bleed man universe)
combat:******(you can have up to 5 which is the average human high lvl 10 is the farthest you can go)
skill:*******
weapon:himself
brains:**********(10 is the highest)
Looks:black hair hair,brown eyes,tanish skin.
Phone:1-995-395-365
parents: Dib membrane and unknown mom,profesor plutonium(guardian)
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity = Seto Kaiba
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity Equals Seto Kaiba

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 pm

How do I put this nicely...

There isn't much information to go off of here to inform the players what exactly they are getting themselves in here.
What's the background?
What's the options and limitations?
What's the plot of the RP?

You need to inform the player of what is happening.

Give your idea some love and creation, plus it wouldn't hurt to join a few RPG and interact with the community before launching an RP. Join something, make some friends, see how things roll, etc.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Hana wrote:Idea Board is for posting RP ideas for voting or help with fleshing out (with an eye toward getting them voted in). Not for funny stuff.

Sorry.

Perhaps we could add to it for him?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I really don't understand why people put example characters in this during the voting process. I want to see details pertaining to the plot and a blank CS sheet.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 am

Because people generally post the "finished" version in the idea thread.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:34 pm

That's still great and fine, but doesn't answer my question. If the "finished" product is represented later, then why do I need to see character examples at this stage? Such a thing would be better for the OOC thread. Here I want to see what the RP is that I could be getting myself into, at least. I don't care for everything, just enough general plot and details to understand what it is that I am getting myself into, and what I would be doing in there (like what is my purpose in this RP). The only CS I really care to see here is a blank CS to understand what is wanted from a player.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

It gives you and idea of the level of detail/length the GM is expecting from your CS
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:13 pm

It communicates a lot about the expected "flavor" about characters too, exemplifies how to stay within the borders of the concept and more. It holds information about the game, just as any other part of the text, though in the cases above, I think it's more about author wankery. If that's more information than what you think you need in the idea thread, well, then the issue isn't the character itself, but the general idea of presenting the complete RP here. Which I do think is sorta an issue, or, at least worth discussing.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:59 am

I'm with Bloody on this one... General setting > Character Sheet

You cant properly tell what the RP is about, just from a finished character sheet. It'd rather have a good sounding plot, than a good sounding character.
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:18 am

It's not an either/or situation. Both are good to have. Albeit the first is critical, yes.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing