My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Lucifer's pony loving bastard daughter is back in the newest Nostalgia Critic episode:

Not much going on in this forum so I figured this could give you all something to watch:

http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nostalgi ... at-6571199

I for one think the whole "Anti-Christ" is a pegasister thing is funny. Mostly because I know that Doug Walker isn't doing it to poke fun at MLP fans and just thinks its funny that one of the most evil beings in existence would like one of the most positive and nice shows ever made.

I actually would like to see her around more. Mostly because I tend to have my sick bastard moments like we all do.
... I wander what EQD reaction would be if I drew fan art of this...?

(Most likely it just wouldn't be posted and not much else)
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Do or Deer puppet test:

/mlp/ for once is actually doing quite a fine job.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 am

Did... did he just snap his neck?

@ Mad: I do agree with that whole heartedly. And he openly jokes about it at the beginning about how stuff like that spurs brony comments. He's doing the humor right without being with or against it. I wonder if the girl herself was a brony to begin with, and Doug made it into a running gag, or if he made her character to be that for the sake of the contrast?

Also, found a few more vids.

How come I never saw this before?

Someone retried the idea Mr. Poniator had.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 pm

It definitely is amusing how Doug applies a different look on bronies through Nostalgia Critic. Even though Doug of course is not a brony. He has shown a great acceptance towards them in one of his news videos actually thanking bronies for a situation that the mere idea of us has gotten him out of a tough situation. Just gotta love that dedication he has to his character.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

My fellow MLP: FIM fans, behold...

COOKIES!
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 am

Luna Toridas!

Someone make a EG version of this.

Or. Could I?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Leave it to Rarity to knock Blue Blood down a few pegs.

The CMC talk back to their parents, cheat in school, then they make meth. Just another day in the magical land of ponies:
Bark

Postby Grivous » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 pm

So, the Equestria Girls thingy is really happening. Should we be excited... or worried about it?

I am a little bit curious and I will watch it for sure. I can't argue without having seen it yet to create some opinion, can I?

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 pm

First here's this:

As for the whole Equestria Girls thing, I've already stated how I view it as not much more than a possible quick cash in on the popularity of the show their basing it off of before in this forum. So, I'll spare you all that this time.

As I've also said before even though I don't think it would be good I'd still be happy if they proved me wrong and actually made something that was worth watching. For now I just don't think much of it. If its good then its good, if its awful then it probably won't last long.

I know my views at the moment on it are pretty cynical, but I can't help it. I don't want to completely bash it before its even out, so I'm willing to give it a chance to prove itself.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 am

Found a thing.

Tara Strong playing with plushies

I'd have put up a youtube vid of it... but I can't find that there is one.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:56 am

Daniel Ingram did tweet that Equestria Girls will supposedly have some great music though. If anybody can be trusted aside from Lauren, it would be Daniel. So probably will be worth the watch before passing judgement. After all, coming to watch MLP: FiM we started off with pretty low to average expectations.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 am

I sort of feel a little hollow knowing Rob Renzetti isn't on the team anymore... Every time I remember that fact I start feeling a little down. I know it's been a while and he's been working on another great show since then, Gravity Falls, I just have this inkling that if he was still on the staff, the quality of the series might have kept up with the standards of things if just somewhat since he knows how it feels to be in Lauren's shoes to an extent. The guy made my favorite cartoon show of all time MLAATR after all as well as worked with Lauren a few times before. He's actually on par with Lauren for me falling in love with MLP to begin with.

Sorry, just having one of my little sighs I guess...
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Just for giggles

"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Grivous wrote:So, the Equestria Girls thingy is really happening. Should we be excited... or worried about it?

I am a little bit curious and I will watch it for sure. I can't argue without having seen it yet to create some opinion, can I?

Grivous.

So Daniel finally spoke about EG, huh? Did Tabitha finally admitted that she really worked on EG?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 am

This amused me.
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 am

A preview of what me and some people are doing:

Description:

"A smart preview of what we are doing secretly. Well, now there's no longer a secret! hehe

Just to be clear: this is not a fandubbing of the WHOLE documentary, it's just of the trailer.
Our goal with this project is that the documentary made by BronyDoc with participation of Lauren Faust, Tara Strong (Twilight Sparkle), John DeLancie (Discord), must be known and spreaded throughout Brazil and Latin America, so that everyone can know about the Brony culture, its members and the community itself.
With this, we can have a chance to the documentary be translated into Portuguese(Subs or even dubbed) in purchasing DVDs and BluRays, because, for now, they only have the English language for Subs and/or Audio.

With the information provided by you and your contributions(views, likes, shares, etc), we can send to BronyDoc an email showing surveys and our longing for the documentary translated. They will only do so if they know that there is market for them here.

Then, I ask to share, give likes, comment in and spread around.
Let's bring the documentary on sale and translated in Brazil!

Hugs!"

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:48 pm

That seems pretty cool.
Good luck in your endeavor Grivous.
I hope you succeed in what you're planning.

Now here's some cuteness for the sake of cuteness:

Bark

Postby Grieffon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 pm

The legacy continues.

DL link
Torrent

Postby Dibullba » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 am

Felt like sharing a few comic series that I keep an eye on. Feel free to click the images to begin.
Accidentally Arriving by Az-Pekt:

Dr.Whooves Comic Series by Edowaado:

Heartstrings by TriteBristle

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 am

Grieffon wrote:The legacy continues.

DL link
Torrent

The smile on my face hurts, but I don't mind...
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 am

Someone put Wildfire in there. A recolored Dash doesn't cut it xD.
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:25 pm

So if any of you happened to see the new show, "Teen Titans Go" then you might have been as surprised as I was to see that Raven was a pegasister. Yeah, I do know she's voiced by Tara Strong. Anyways it apparently inspired a person I know on devaintart to draw this:

I spy with my little eye, three Tara Strong roles and a reference to another one.

Personally I like the idea of Raven secretly liking cute things, its kind of humanizing. Not that the original show had humanizing moments in it as well.
I've been sort of thinking about making a thread about the new Teen Titans Go series because I'm a fan of the original and the fandom seems to be slip right down the middle of liking it and disliking it.
I figured it make for good conversation provided a flame war is avoided.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:So if any of you happened to see the new show, "Teen Titans Go" then you might have been as surprised as I was to see that Raven was a pegasister. Yeah, I do know she's voiced by Tara Strong. Anyways it apparently inspired a person I know on devaintart to draw this:

I spy with my little eye, three Tara Strong roles and a reference to another one.

Personally I like the idea of Raven secretly liking cute things, its kind of humanizing. Not that the original show had humanizing moments in it as well.
I've been sort of thinking about making a thread about the new Teen Titans Go series because I'm a fan of the original and the fandom seems to be slip right down the middle of liking it and disliking it.
I figured it make for good conversation provided a flame war is avoided.

I'm all for it. I will point out you missed something I think is even more critical about the episode; Robins closing line about watching it. At bare minimum, that means that Robin is a brony as well (and not ashamed to have anyone know it) Most likey, it in fact indicates they are ALL bornies and pegasisters (what do you call a mixed group? "A-filly-onadoes"?) Actually I hope it comes up down the road, interesting things could happen with a fan like Beast boy who can probably turn into one if her felt like it (I work on the assumpting that, since BB can become things that we aren't 100% sure of the exact workings of (like dinosaurs) and things he wouldn't know the makeup of (like aliens) his power is visually vectored (if he sees it, he can turn into it) And Star, who just might actually think the show is a documentary (i.e. that they are real).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Maru » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 pm

...pfft...a-filly-ates. XDD
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)