X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

Postby lyca » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Fellguarde wrote:Eh, think about it this way:

Scenario One: Everyone tiptoes around each other till the teachers arrive because they don't want a giant explosion.
Scenario Two: There is a big brawl.

Scenario Two was already gonna happen anyway, so what does he have to lose?

Nothing I suppose, if you put it that way. I'm just thinking of character perspective. Were a fight to break out in front of me, I think "I've got a bomb." would probably not be on my list of things to say, specially' around already panicked dudes.
Last edited by lyca on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby BG07 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm

You forgot scenario 3 where everyone breaks out into song and dance.

X-Men: The Musical

Postby Sentios » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Yea it's more of a threat than a deterrent when you have a bunch of strong headed, super powered people, the new guys might back down the but somehow I see Hana's NPC responding to that kind of threat seriously. Kal and Will can get to know each other in the hospital it seems.

I'm kinda torn. Kal and william's actions don't make sense to me

William's intention is to gather everyone's attention on him and let them all know exactly how stupid this whole 'everyone mass attack on that one guy' fiasco is. To him it's like those police chases where you see a guy get thrown from the vehicle and get hit by an entire football team worth of officers. He's just pissed off basically.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby lyca » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Sentios wrote:William's intention is to gather everyone's attention on him and let them all know exactly how stupid this whole 'everyone mass attack on that one guy' fiasco is. To him it's like those police chases where you see a guy get thrown from the vehicle and get hit by an entire football team worth of officers. He's just pissed off basically.

If he's angry that everyone was getting into the two guy's biz, why would he do it himself? And no one has attacked anyone yet except Julian (the green guy). From what I read, it's just a crowd gathering around, which in my experience, is exactly what happens when a fight breaks out.

Ooh, also, does William's power make the towels knock people down? And would the dish soap spray with the force of a water hose? I didn't really grok when you were explaining it.

Postby Sentios » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

If he's angry that everyone was getting into the two guy's biz, why would he do it himself?

Because he's not getting in their business, his attack was at everyone else in the yard whether they be super powered interlopers (as William sees them) like Julian and the other NPCs or the gawkers. If the brothers use the confusion to leave and settle their problems away from prying eyes that would probably be ideal for William.

The towels will move in a straight line without stopping unless they're destroyed or are outside the range I stated earlier. They will push against anything or anyone in their path without stopping as well, so people will get pushed until they're 30 feet away from William or they'll be knocked off balance and probably fall. There are 4 ways to deal with the towels: get out of range, dodge them, destroy them, or have a power which can directly counter the physics behind it.

The dish soap wouldn't have the force of a water hose, a person would just be slowly shoved back 30 feet if they didn't dodge a squirt from it. His power doesn't amplify force it simply causes objects to be unaffected by anything that would change their velocity (air friction/gravity/obstructions/etc).

To explain his earlier fears about his power imagine if he were to accidentally bump a table with his power active, he could easily crush someone against a wall or even push them through it.

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Right you are about the inside thing, to find Jubilee it is!

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby lyca » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 am

Sentios wrote:Because he's not getting in their business, his attack was at everyone else in the yard whether they be super powered interlopers (as William sees them) like Julian and the other NPCs or the gawkers.

*shrug* Well regardless of intent you're definitely in the melee now.

Sentios wrote:If the brothers use the confusion to leave and settle their problems away from prying eyes that would probably be ideal for William.

I think Julian pretty much wrecked that, so I won't hold my breath.

Sentios wrote: it simply causes objects to be unaffected by anything that would change their velocity (air friction/gravity/obstructions/etc).

That is awesome. I'm assuming you can do that with your body as well, so if your suckerpunch hits, Julian is probably going to be pushed away or something 'cause of his forcefield.

Postby Fellguarde » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:52 pm

lyca wrote:Nothing I suppose, if you put it that way. I'm just thinking of character perspective. Were a fight to break out in front of me, I think "I've got a bomb." would probably not be on my list of things to say, specially' around already panicked dudes.

Well, while people might hear it that way, he's not really speaking in a threatening manner. This is essentially the mutant equivalent of trying to stop a fight by feigning a heart condition. Nobody wants to give a guy a heart attack because that can be manslaughter.

That said, I full anticipate Julian doing something stupid.

Also Sentios that is one of the most exploitable superpowers ever.

Postby lyca » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Fellguarde wrote:
lyca wrote:Nothing I suppose, if you put it that way. I'm just thinking of character perspective. Were a fight to break out in front of me, I think "I've got a bomb." would probably not be on my list of things to say, specially' around already panicked dudes.

Well, while people might hear it that way, he's not really speaking in a threatening manner. This is essentially the mutant equivalent of trying to stop a fight by feigning a heart condition.

o..o No, it's really not. I believe it's quite the opposite. Even if not said in a threatening manner, Kal's appearance (Smoking hands, energetic eyes) and implied potential ("Like a little nuke.") Will definitely get people's attention, but not in the way you might think.

Fellguarde wrote:Also Sentios that is one of the most exploitable superpowers ever.

Possibly, but I'm betting that once everyone else's powers get out there will be plenty of room for exploitation. I've got a suspicion that his isn't the worst.

I'd also like to add that all of the above is for the sake of discussion, and I mean none of it to be in an antagonizing tone.

Postby Sentios » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:59 pm

lyca wrote:That is awesome. I'm assuming you can do that with your body as well, so if your suckerpunch hits, Julian is probably going to be pushed away or something 'cause of his forcefield.

Will launched the oven mitt at him, the oven mitt will probably sucker punch him. Since he's near the range limit he probably won't go flying but he might eat some dirt. The power can affect Will's body but he won't use it in that way for a while to come due to something in his back-story.

Also Sentios that is one of the most exploitable superpowers ever.

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Arguing makes Hana unhappy.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Sentios » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:26 pm

No arguing here, this is all in good intent.

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Okay, well...Just don't let it get to the point where anyone is getting angry or frustrated.

I will post tomorrow or Monday, so anyone who wants to get a post in, this is your two minute warning.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby lyca » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:07 pm

No worries Hana, we're just having some banter. I'm excited to learn all the powers.

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Nancy?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Ahh, hell. I guess I better post something.

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm

As always, if I have missed someone or failed to address something you feel needed attention, poke meh.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby aj_gatsz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:05 am

Making friends wherever I go.... XD

Postby Sentios » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:53 pm

The only error I saw was that Will did not throw towels at the brothers so there wasn't a need for Des to burn one. Minor error, I wouldn't worry about it.

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:09 pm

And all was quiet on the western front............

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Good, that'll teach them what happens when they come poking around my trench.

In all seriousness though, I just have no idea what to do.

Postby Exodis » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 pm

We need Hana. I know what to do, just don't know how to present it.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Whatcha need?

Also, gonna make a standing rule. If there are no posts in the game thread for a solid week, I'm going to do a timeskip.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:05 pm

I need a post from sam. Samantha can't do anything until Nancy replies.
Last edited by Belwicket on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 am

I meant specifically from me. Since it was, y'know, said that I was needed.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing