And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Might be a good idea at this point. I'd be against it if I was in a good position in my pool, but I'm not. It could be fun calling up some guys from the A and giving them a chance
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Just let the young guys take lead for trade bait, it sucks that we had so many injuries because we could have cleared out some of the logjam at center at the deadline.
All other bears are pretenders to the throne
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Hockey Hour with Whatis and Tuor

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Haha, basically. Sometimes I wish there was at least one other person who would chip in some comments.

Anyhow, hell of a fight in the Leafs/Islanders game tonight, wow
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Eggnog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:59 pm

You two are basically the only hockey fans here in Snafu. Soon, you two will have a 3rd... soon.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Haven't seen it. The Isles are the only team out of the east that I'd like to see reach the finals. Especially if they knock the Habs out. The current bottom 4 of the west would be fine with me.

I swear all the people now saying that trading Richards and Carter were mistakes are morons, I much rather have Schenn, Simmonds, Coot and especially Voracek. Carter has scored a bunch of goals good for him, still doesn't change the fact that he's a terrible playmaker who just takes an Ovechkian amount of shots.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Honestly, big confession time, I've been a closet Islanders fan for a few years now, so I'm pretty stoked

The fight I was talking about

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 pm

How do you feel about the Rinaldo and Rosehill extension? I don't think I saw you say anything about it.

(Obviously this is to Whatis. We had this convo, Tuor)
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Oh ya, how 'bout it, Whatis? Personally, I love it, but then I'm a fight fan.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I like the Rino extension, the guy is becoming a preeminent pest in the league, he generated more minutes than he took. Rosehill I'm not thrilled about because you could find some rookie for league minimum who might have a little more upside.

That was a good one for Orr. I like the Islanders, I do feel bad because the entire upper management system above Jack is a complete joke.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm

I was always a Rinaldo fan. I'm happy he's actually playing, not just getting us penalties left and right for no reason. He's been such a bamf this year.

Rosehill, eh. Whatever.

I wanna know what we're doing with Bryz and Briere.
Last edited by Princess on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 pm

I thought Boulton landed better shots, but still felt it was a draw since Orr didn't buckle or anything.

Rosehill does give them someone who can handle some heavies though where they didn't really have anyone before, and $675,000 seems pretty reasonable
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm

It's also the contract spots thing that I'm worried about, this upcoming season we already have 41 of 50 slots filled before buyouts. And he's a heavy with minimal upside, you can pick those up a dime a dozen in the 7th round.

That's why it was a good one for Orr, I'm used to seeing him catch the shortend of the stick.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Briere is a definite buyout if we can't trade him ahead of the draft. Bryz probably gets another season, right now I'm not sold on Mason and if Homer is smart he isn't either.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Ya, basically what I've seen from a lot of Flyers fans is something like this for next season:

?-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell- B. Schenn-Simmonds
Mcginn-Couterier-Rinaldo
Rosehill-Talbot-?

Timo-?
L.Schenn-Grossman
Gervais-Gus
Huskins/Lauridsen

Bryz?
Mason
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:Briere is a definite buyout if we can't trade him ahead of the draft. Bryz probably gets another season, right now I'm not sold on Mason and if Homer is smart he isn't either.

Yeah, I dunno about Mason yet, either. I love Bryz,
I really do, but we shouldn't have gotten rid of Bob.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Oh, look. Now there was a shooting in Boston.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 pm

They have Scott Laughton, Nick Cousins, Kyle Flanagan, Petr Straka and Marcel Noebels for forwards prospects, for defense it's pretty much Mark Alt and Shayne Gotisbehere. They also left Coburn and Read off the list of potential guys for next season. I really don't see Coburn going anywhere, also Mez will be back because no one else will take his cap hit.

Bob had to go as soon as we got Bryz he had no future here. Unfortunately Homer is going to eat the shit sandwich for Bryz but that was mostly driving Mr. Snider.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Buncha guys on the hockey forum I'm on were wanting to get Chris Stewart
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jingle Males » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Exodis wrote:You two are basically the only hockey fans here in Snafu. Soon, you two will have a 3rd... soon.

And a 4th
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Hana » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:34 pm

In case anyone was wondering, if you murder all the Freddy Mercury parts in Bohemian Rhapsody on Rock Band 3, but fail EVERY SINGLE OTHER part of the song...you get a 78% and four-star it. >_>
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 pm

This year's UFA class will be slim pickings unless some interesting buyouts happen.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Same guys were also pushing to amnesty Bryz and get Bernier from the Kings, idk

Hana wrote:In case anyone was wondering, if you murder all the Freddy Mercury parts in Bohemian Rhapsody on Rock Band 3, but fail EVERY SINGLE OTHER part of the song...you get a 78% and four-star it. >_>

I remember that this year on my birthday when I was drunk I really wanted to sing like every song on Rockband 3. I was killing it, complete with twirling the mic by the cord.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 pm

If you lived here, I would have you over to play...but then we'd have to fight over the mic. >_> That wouldn't be good. I like being the only person that ever wants to sing...

I need to get back into trying to sing and play guitar at the same time...I can only do that for a couple of songs so far....mostly Bon Jovi stuff. <_< Don't judge me.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 pm

I rather try to get Malcolm Subban of the Bruins but that ain't happening. I think the Flyers are going to revisit Shea Weber this offseason. I'm more worried about picking up a true number one D and letting the rest of the guys slot back down than I am finding a goalie.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens