Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Postby Lord Frieza » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am

Probably a lot better than the DBZ movie.

This is the first time in a while that I actually can't wait for a chapter release in Bleach. This flashback is surprisingly very interesting.

The potato chip battle in Rock Lee Springtime of Youth was more entertaining than any battle in the Shinobi War arc in Naruto.
Planet Pawner

Postby Mir@k » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:47 am

WiNg0o wrote:Image

Man fucking film Z was great.

i wanna see this D:
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Remni » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

So yeah, I'm thinking what I said earlier was spot on after this issue of Bleach and seeing what is happening to her.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
||The soul sheds light and death is it's shadow. When the light dims, life and death embrace.||
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby WiNg0o » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:01 am

Remni wrote:So yeah, I'm thinking what I said earlier was spot on after this issue of Bleach and seeing what is happening to her.

She gets Knocked up and has Ichigo :D
I Killed the Boss

Postby Hana » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm

So...I'm probably late to the party, but I just finished Air Gear, and....

Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Rival » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:11 pm

EagleMan wrote: I read to like the mermaid kingdom or whatever underwater then I just stopped reading after that for some reason.

Fishman Island Arc, which is the one at which you stopped, was One Piece's weakest arc so far, in my view. Maybe that was the reason?
Lord Frieza wrote:Probably a lot better than the DBZ movie.

I've read the spoiler synopsis for the entire plot of the new DBZ movie at .kanzenshuu.com. And to me it sounds about as good as a DBZ movie could realistically be at this point in time. It sounds pretty stellar for a DBZ movie.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Senel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Hana wrote:So...I'm probably late to the party, but I just finished Air Gear, and....

Yeah basically that.

Location: That city where The Office supposedly takes place in.

Postby Lord Frieza » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 am

Rival wrote:I've read the spoiler synopsis for the entire plot of the new DBZ movie at .kanzenshuu.com. And to me it sounds about as good as a DBZ movie could realistically be at this point in time. It sounds pretty stellar for a DBZ movie.

There were just so many things in the movie that didn't make sense though. It felt kind of lazy to me.   
Planet Pawner

Postby Senel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:44 am

A friend of mine was in Jew Jersey I guess and found a Japanese hobby shop. Inside there was so much want.

Postby WiNg0o » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 pm

So who has been watching the new Evas? 2.22 was fucking fantastic but 3.33 was sooooo frustrating to say the least. Kaworu was a fucking let down.

No where near as impact full as he was in the original series.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Rival » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 am

It's pretty telling that none of the scenes from the preview of 3.0 that aired after the ending of 2.0 actually made it into 3.0 or 3.33.

Anno supposedly rewrote the entire third movie a few times, because he thought the original draft didn't address the problems currently facing Japan enough. Whatever that'd mean, might just be a rumour.

The 1st act dragged, the film had way too many new characters that didn't do much and it ended on a downer, but I thought 3.33 was quite a good movie. Not 2.22 level, but I thought it was cool. A lot of the twists are hard to judge at the moment, all will depend on how the final fourth film will handle things from here.

The Japanese press was supposedly all over how "great" the roughly 10 minute long Ghibli live-action short was, that went before the theatrical release of 3.0 . I watched it raw, since it's not subbed yet, and I didn't think it was anything special. The Japanese just love Ghibli and are even more into Tohoku earthquake references. They seem so masochistic with that earthquake thing, no it was not "the heavens" punishing materialism, big earthquakes sadly happen.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby WiNg0o » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Fucking 2.22 was so fucking great.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Vegedus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh yeah, should watch that.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Rival » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 am

WiNg0o wrote:Fucking 2.22 was so fucking great.

Yep, it was.
Vegedus wrote:Oh yeah, should watch that.

All 3 or just the last one?

Either way.

Movie 1: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=68872 (download the .md5 file too)
Movie 2: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=134064
Movie 3: 720p: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=428256 1080p: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=427729

This one has a far poorer bit-rate, but also keeps the (unsubbed) Ghibli live-action short: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=427906

Postby Vegedus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 am

Well, I only watched 2.22 once, and remember fuck all, so need to watch that again first. Maybe do the first one again while I'm at it.

Postby Rival » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 am

Vegedus wrote:Well, I only watched 2.22 once, and remember fuck all, so need to watch that again first. Maybe do the first one again while I'm at it.

First one's really episodes 1-6 of the original series, only with Shinji seeing Lilith, Rei being less walking blow-up doll and far better animation.

Postby Mir@k » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey Rival by any chance do you have the one piece film that came out that we were talking about the other day?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:27 pm

The version I downloaded has the raw from the Korean webrip, so there's a bunch of issues. The english subs are huge (to hide the Korean hardsubs), the grammar of the translation isn't great, the video quality isn't great either and the bit-rate is low. If none of that bothers you enough, download it here:
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=423383

There's a 2nd release that I haven't downloaded, that promises two soft-sub tracks (french and english, which might be a problem depending on what player + codecs you use) and looking at the s/dl ratio and the comments, seeding seems slow. So download at your own risk:
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=428531

As far as I know those are the only two versions with English subs.

tl:dr First download works, but isn't great quality. Second I won't vouch for, might be better, might not work, might be a prank.

Postby Lord Frieza » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm

It's great to see Cobra back in FT. I wonder if he'll be reunited with his snake. Or if his snake even remembers being his snake.

I think Fairy Tail takes place in the same universe as Halo. Everything revolves around the number 7.
Planet Pawner

Postby Remni » Thu May 02, 2013 10:07 am

Lord Frieza wrote:It's great to see Cobra back in FT. I wonder if he'll be reunited with his snake. Or if his snake even remembers being his snake.

I think Fairy Tail takes place in the same universe as Halo. Everything revolves around the number 7.

I believe you have Halo confused with Mario. Everything in Mario has to deal with #7 for one reason or another. Every Mario RPG game has always dealt with 7 things, the first one even has it in the title.

Staying on topic, I'm surprised they arent using Natsu to fight the fire-engulfed dragon. I mean he'd get superpowers just by sucking every bit of flame he has, if that's even possible.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
||The soul sheds light and death is it's shadow. When the light dims, life and death embrace.||
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 am

Remni wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:It's great to see Cobra back in FT. I wonder if he'll be reunited with his snake. Or if his snake even remembers being his snake.

I believe you have Halo confused with Mario. Everything in Mario has to deal with #7 for one reason or another. Every Mario RPG game has always dealt with 7 things, the first one even has it in the title.

One does not simply confuse a epic side scrolling fantasy game for a epic First person Sci-Fi shooter.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Lord Frieza » Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Remni wrote:Staying on topic, I'm surprised they arent using Natsu to fight the fire-engulfed dragon. I mean he'd get superpowers just by sucking every bit of flame he has, if that's even possible.

Well it's not like someone can actually ask for his help. But I'm sure he'll face off against it eventually. Maybe Cobra will take Natsu's place fighting Rouge and his dragon so Natsu can fight the fire dragon.
Planet Pawner

Postby Vegedus » Thu May 02, 2013 4:48 pm

I don't know if you guys have noticed this, but 7 is a pretty common and magic number in like, all of human history and mythology too. It's not "a halo thing".

Postby Rival » Thu May 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Vegedus wrote:I don't know if you guys have noticed this, but 7 is a pretty common and magic number in like, all of human history and mythology too. It's not "a halo thing".

Yeah in the western world especially 7, 4, 3 and 10 are the go to "meaningful" numbers.

I didn't write anything since I didn't want to interrupt the FT (which I don't follow) related discussion, but yeah Vegedus channelled my thoughts anyway. Must be some kind of magic.

Postby Senel » Thu May 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I really can't imagine Cobra being that strong. Unlike the others he was imprisoned for several years, and I don't imagine them letting people train their magic in a mage prison.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion