Programmable Hatred

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Programmable Hatred

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 am

Ugh...This is turning into another "Big Bad Wolf" scenario, where between the leadup and the fight it all takes so long that you forget why we're here in the first place. I'll be honest, I really hate this part of Bleedman's writing style...It's been two freakin' years since we started Chapter 9 and it feels like nothing important has happened, just a lot of fighting with no really conclusive, significant plot points. Action scenes can get boring too, if it goes on for too long.

Postby stratus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:by the way how much of a robot is sam now? im guessing shes sort of a "terminator" now. but is thier anything left of her human self?

From what we know from BR, the brain is still left.

then its plausible to say that she still has a soul/spirit and also still capable of crossing to an afterlife. theres still a little girl underneath that metal and circuits that could be still be salvaged. had she imported her memories to a computer mind and left every organic peice behind. id say the original sam would have crossed over as a spirit and the android would only be a copy of her. i dont think anything short of magic would make it possible for anyone to replace every living part of their body with robotics and not have the soul pass on. for me i think it would be the equivalent of making a metal clone of the original person with merely copied memories.

id like to know what pushed sam to such fear and desperation. a bratty punk kid with attitude who really didnt have much of a bad life/childhood. now rejecting everything of her human life joining some criminal alien robot organziation. becoming a soldier in thier war. becoming a sadistic killer . selling out her own race and planet. i feel like sam will become 1 of those tragic villans who in thier quest for perfection and salvation eventaully becomes reduced to something so pitiful and hideous and disgusting that she will ask for a mercy killing. and the hero (probably butter cup) will be faced with a hard ethical decision.

Postby Guardian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:38 pm

theres still a little girl underneath that metal and circuits that could be still be salvaged.

Why would you want to salvage her?

She's evil, kill her with fire.

Dude, I don't know if you are using a cell phone or something, but we still stress as proper use of spelling and grammar as possible. "1" isn't "one".
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby noxux » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 pm

I agree with TheMadDoctor
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby BeeAre » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:23 am

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:Ugh...This is turning into another "Big Bad Wolf" scenario, where between the leadup and the fight it all takes so long that you forget why we're here in the first place. I'll be honest, I really hate this part of Bleedman's writing style...It's been two freakin' years since we started Chapter 9 and it feels like nothing important has happened, just a lot of fighting with no really conclusive, significant plot points. Action scenes can get boring too, if it goes on for too long.

Scuse me: http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=273

This is chapter ten. Don't say things that aren't true, thanks.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:59 am

comicfan wrote:I agree with TheMadDoctor

on what exactly?
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Krest » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 am

Blood Lord wrote:The specific term for such a cyborg is a "full body cyborg", in which the brain is really the only thing human left.

This isn't fully correct. In GITS, Extreme Cyberisation can replace up to 97.5% of the brain with a cyberbrain. Through this process, it may be possible to do a 100% replace.

At that point, however, do we still call them a cyborg or an android?

An android is a robotic entity with the appearance of a biological entity, most of the time human.

A cyborg is a biological entity that has been modified with technology/machinery.

So which one would we pick since they both fit, or should we make up a new term?

Cyborg = Cybernetic Organism
Android came from Greek roots with -oid meaning 'having the form or likeness of'.

Androrg? =.=;

Although, Cyborg still works properly.

"Cybernetics is a transdisciplinary approach for exploring regulatory systems, their structures, constraints, and possibilities. Cybernetics is relevant to the study of systems, such as mechanical, physical, biological, cognitive, and social systems." -Wikipedia

So technically humans are already Cybernetic Organisms...

... Research ...

%&(#&$)(#*#######-------------------------------------------__________________.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby stratus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 am

Blood Lord wrote:
theres still a little girl underneath that metal and circuits that could be still be salvaged.

that might be a bit too 1 dimensional. i dont know if it can really be as black and white as all that. We dont know all that much about sammy. sure right now she is a threat to the planet and may help extinguish the human race. but there had to be some turning point that pushed a bratt into becoming a monster. were just now starting to see some of her inner desperation and low esteem she has of life form she was born to be. theres something significant about having the human brain still there. having 1 human piece left as opposed to having nothing left. like it leaves things open for smidgen of hope that the humanity in her could still be reached, maybe stop and realize what the hell did she do to her self, or if it was even worth it in the end. thats enough to make her worth caring about even if ever so slightly. I still see her as a kid. a ghost in a shell.

the only bleedman kid that i could say was ever just 'evil' without rhyme or reason was Mandy.
every other kid had at least some redeeming trait or a least some emotional cause for thier path to the dark side.
Mandark: probably could of been 1 of the best scientific minds of his generation for advancement of humanity. parents forced him to be treated like a girl. sister bullies the life out him. at his lowest point he met a little rascal named dexter who mocks and laughs at his situation. he goes dark side but shows he still loves his little sis.

Olga: a natural bad girl almost mandys calibur but shows she loved her older brother mourns his loss and has actually reconciled with dexter (the boy responsible) and is actually making a change towards positive character.

Gaz: hard to say but willing to bet shes cares about her family at least a little maybe not as much as her video game but still. cunning high threat potential but no ambition for conquest. shes content so long as nothing messes with her game

Bell: can easily be as ruthless and sadistic as samantha and more lethal too. but constantly exhibits child like innocense and wonder. and shows she loved mandark as a foster brother and also really loves Gir.

Licorice: born from sorrow. heart black as night, actually claimed not to have 1. Lies, cheats, steals, bribes, kidnaps, murders no deed too dark for her but actually shes doing it all just to get her mom back.

Mimi: stripped away from her family. wacthed them all die. forced to kill her mom. abused and corrupted by her dad. hands painfully cut off and literally infused with pure evil . but still shows she still has a heart and also cares alot about jeff.

Chi: evil spoiled princess ruthless mini dictator but underneath it shes oh so lonely. still displays her need for friendship and loves her (potentially) long lost little sis to death. (possibly romantically)
Last edited by stratus on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby rac7d » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 am

stratus wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

that might be a bit too 1 dimensional. i dont know if it can really be as black and white as all that. We dont know all that much about sammy. sure right now she is a threat to the planet and may help extinguish the human race. but there had to be some turning point that pushed a bratt into becoming a monster. were just now starting to see some of her inner desperation and low esteem she has of life form she was born to be. theres something significant about having the human brain still there. having 1 human piece left as opposed to having nothing left. like it leaves things open for smidgen of hope that the humanity in her could still be reached, maybe stop and realize what the hell did she do to her self, or if it was even worth it in the end. thats enough to make her worth caring about even if ever so slightly. I still see her as a kid. a ghost in a shell.

the only bleedman kid that i could say was ever just 'evil' without rhyme or reason was Mandy.
every other kid had at least some redeeming trait or a least some emotional cause for thier path to the dark side.
Mandark: probably could of been 1 of the best scientific minds of his generation for advancement of humanity. parents forced him to be treated like a girl. sister bullies the life out him. at his lowest point he met a little rascal named dexter who mocks and laughs at his situation. he goes dark side but shows he still loves his little sis.

Olga: a natural bad girl almost mandys calibur but shows she loved her older brother mourns his loss and has actually reconciled with dexter (the boy responsible) and is actually making a change towards positive character.

Gaz: hard to say but willing to bet shes cares about her family at least a little maybe not as much as her video game but still.

Bell: can easily be as ruthless and sadistic as samantha and more lethal too. but constantly exhibits child like innocense and wonder. and shows she loved mandark as a foster brother and also really loves Gir.

Licorice: born from sorrow. heart black as night, actually claimed not to have 1. Lies, cheats, steals, bribes, kidnaps, murders no deed too dark for her but actually shes doing it all just to get her mom back.

Mimi: stripped away from her family. wacthed them all die. forced to kill her mom. abused and corrupted by her dad. hands painfully cut off and literally infused with pure evil . but still shows she still has a heart and also cares alot about jeff.

Chi: evil spoiled princess ruthless mini dictator but still displays her need for friendship and loves her (potentially) long lost little sis to death. (possibly romantically)

See Im wondering if there gnna kill sam off without giving us anything on her. I t wuld be the easy way. Since I got to this sight I 'ce beek searching thread for any informantion on why sams there and what happened to her. All thoses girls above were in a ort protaganist r in mandark case the season one big bad. Sams not the big bad, she is just the Co dragon with bell on this mission she was doing pretty well to.

Postby Fury4Justice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Krest wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:The specific term for such a cyborg is a "full body cyborg", in which the brain is really the only thing human left.

This isn't fully correct. In GITS, Extreme Cyberisation can replace up to 97.5% of the brain with a cyberbrain. Through this process, it may be possible to do a 100% replace.

At that point, however, do we still call them a cyborg or an android?

An android is a robotic entity with the appearance of a biological entity, most of the time human.

A cyborg is a biological entity that has been modified with technology/machinery.

So which one would we pick since they both fit, or should we make up a new term?

Cyborg = Cybernetic Organism
Android came from Greek roots with -oid meaning 'having the form or likeness of'.

Androrg? =.=;

Although, Cyborg still works properly.

"Cybernetics is a transdisciplinary approach for exploring regulatory systems, their structures, constraints, and possibilities. Cybernetics is relevant to the study of systems, such as mechanical, physical, biological, cognitive, and social systems." -Wikipedia

So technically humans are already Cybernetic Organisms...

... Research ...

%&(#&$)(#*#######-------------------------------------------__________________.

I'd differentiate between a "fully converted cyborg" and an android by considering the origin: A cyborg always starts with a biological organism (or from a mix of mechanical and organic), while an android starts all-mechanical from the get-go and is made by another entity rather than born naturally (thus setting it apart from true "mechanical lifeforms" like Cybertron's Transformers).

Postby lukeape » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Just saying but shouldn't Gir's antenna and chest be red as well as his eyes?

Postby Sigment » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Damn, strat... You uh... really put a lot of thought into this... But seriously, hat's off to you. :)
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:41 pm

BeeAre wrote:Scuse me: http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=273

This is chapter ten. Don't say things that aren't true, thanks.

Let me rephrase that:

It's been two years since we started the invasion arc, and it's been a crapload of fighting without much actual development.

1) We still don't know what the bomb is or if/how/what-the-frick it goes off.
2) None of the fights have actually concluded.
3) What the hell are all the scientists actually doing? Should I even care anymore?
4) Oh hey Dexter and Olga kissed, and something cryptic from Otto, the only character development thus far.

I would say Sam got some development, but really we've just confirmed that, surprise, she's a psycho. Other than that, Blossom recently got a crowning moment of badassery, but pulling off some cool moves doesn't equate to a character arc. All this fighting, and we don't even know yet why all the fighting is going on. That's what I'm looking for. That's the one thing in this entire invasion arc that I've been waiting to see: Why is it happening?

Look, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the comic, but that just makes me even more critical. All three comics (GT/PPG/SB) are full of dead-end plot points, missing information, and scenes stretched out to the breaking point. Right now, we're in knee-deep in the third problem, much like GT's Demon Reaper or SB's Big Bad Wolf.

I know someone is going to get a bug up their arse about this, so I at least hope that you can handle criticism. I'm always paranoid that someone is going to take what I say as flaming, or that I'm going to get stoned to death by the fans for saying anything negative. Just know that the positive far outweighs the negative, in my opinion, and I of course look forward to what's to come. I just hope that the end to this battle royale is coming soon, and with it a new story arc.

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm on your side with that. I really am getting tired of waiting. There is an unnecessary amount of action that is consuming this arc, not leaving much room for character developement. It probably is the reason this arc seems so dragged on for such a while. I ocasionally wonder how the plot is written. Is it one chapter at a time? or just page by page?

Postby TheDboys » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 pm

I Wouldn't complain if bleedman put sugar bits on hold and put that extra time into GT and PPGD, because I am more interested in Grim tales and PPGD and less interested in sugar bits then I used to be. (Probably because the story's in my mind are kind of dragging on and Im eager to see GT and PPGD Progress more then sugar bits)
My common sense is tingling

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:09 am

Well it does look like sugarbits will be ending soon. But there might be an reeboot unfortunately.

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Personally, I'm a little annoyed that he ended up ditching Zim. Taking on a fourth comic was a bad move in the first place, and the abrupt end was predictable and just a rehash of the disappointment of the comic ending again before it could even really begin. And now he's pretty much made the same mistake again, taking on a side-story for Skull Boy. It seems to be meeting the same fate, and I would frankly rather Will start posting the main story pages again because that series was really good. I'd hate to see it flat-line because of this.

Just, please, some focus would be great. Three comics is already too many for one artist, and we've already seen that four is ludicrous. Even if SB is going to continue, now is a pretty good place to cut it off for awhile. We'll still be here when it comes back.

Postby Ixbran » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

and of course here comes the usual Bell being over powered and kicking Blossoms ass at high speeds, without Blossom being able to put up a fight all because Bell "thought" she was going to kill Gir.

though it is interesting to see Bell without her hair band, almost looks like a different character, and i kinda like that.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!