Accountability

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Accountability

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:33 pm

So, it's pretty much done for now. I need to do major Spring Cleaning and sort through fabric stash and get some cute boxes to put on the shelves and put things in, but for today, I feel much better.

1. In-progress lace shawl.
2. Book and fabric to make Aria's yukata for this summer.
3. Beads for the next shawl project. Need to be strung onto Superfloss.

4. Yarn Stash (Unorganized Stash, Stashed Projects, and Dye Stash)
5. Dye shelf and yarn storage (handspun and next-in-queue sock yarns)
6. In-progress sweater yarns
7. Wiggery & Hair Bag
8. Mending Pile
9. Sewing Notions
10. Unspun Fiber shelf

11. In-progress foot-stool. Hand-sewing necessary.
12. Spinning wheel, where fiber turns into yarn.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Hana wrote:Oh. Still not cool to call anybody a hoarder. >_>

But actual hoarders don't show off their stuff, because they have a sense of shame attached. Hobbyists and collectors usually feel pride over their stuff, even when disorganized and will admit that they need to keep better track of it.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Q.U. wrote:You must be lonely in bed if you stuff it with so many plushies.

Ever tried a dog or a cat instead?

... :| Yeah, no. *Smacks with newspaper* Bad, Q.U., bad. Don't psychoanalyze people and call them out on their insecurities like that when we're just having fun here. That's rather tactless. =n=

...Also, yes, I used to have cats. Most of them were killed by cars or went missing when we had to give them up to my oldest brother in Arizona, since we were renting a room out to someone who was allergic to cats at the time. The person is no longer here, but my mom doesn't want cats back because she found dealing with cats, as adorable and therapeutic as they are, too much of a hassle to deal with, poop and furniture-damage wise.

Of those cats we gave up, the only two that still seem to be okay are this fat-cat named Whitsey and this grey tuxedo cat named Tammy. I really want to be able to bring Tammy back home, since she's the only surviving daughter of Shadow--who was my first cat, and who, unfortunately, I had witnessed getting run over right before going to school several years ago. And my oldest brother has been an ass towards poor Tammy by trying to abandon her on some far-off street, for God knows why, since he was supposed to be taking care of our cats, not getting rid of them. She keeps coming by his house whenever we visit, and she'll even enter the house and spend time with us while we're there, but she refuses to let anyone pick her up--likely because she's scared we'll try to abandon her on some far-off street just like my oldest brother kept trying to do. It's depressing.

However, it seems my oldest brother's neighbors have taken Tammy in...it irks me that she now belongs to someone else, when we (or rather, I) never really gave her up in the first place. So, now I can't take her home even if I wanted to, because I would be stealing "someone else's" cat. The silver lining in this, though, is that at least Tammy now has a family that is actually taking care of her, instead of being forced to live outside like an alley cat like my oldest brother had been doing to all our cats (who had all grown up as indoor cats) when we gave them to him. Is it any wonder why most of them died or went missing?

...So yeah, this is a sore subject for me.

^Made as tiny as I could to not turn this post into an obtrusive downer of a wall. :T Read if you'd like, otherwise ignore it and continue on. =u=;

Anyway, yeah, I have a lot of stuff in my room. :U I actually have a lot more stuff that's squirreled away in the closet, in drawers (there's actually a drawer outside my room that filled with stuff), flooding over to the study, and taking up about 1/4 to 1/3 of the garage space downstairs. ...Incidentally, there's far more plushies down in the basement. If I had them all in my room, they'd make a pretty decent pile on my bed and I'd have nowhere to sleep, lol.
The Sentimental One

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:11 pm

It's weird that I know what Hiroko's room looks like but no clue on Hiroko.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Love.Dreamer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:29 pm

i know what she looks like
Hiroko: You monster.
Seriously a Lady.

Location: its none of your concern, you pig in human clothes.

Postby Love.Dreamer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm

except i dont really remember...

anyway i present you my fucking tidy room

Look at it, look at how glorious it is to have a clean, nice smelling, tidy as hell room.

My work station is a bit more messy its in a constant state of order and disorder depending on the ammount of work i have to do... two days ago there were 3 times more papers stuck to the wall.
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:56 pm

You need a bulletin board, dude
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Love.Dreamer wrote:except i dont really remember...

anyway i present you my fucking tidy room

JESUS! IT REMINDS ME OF MY OWN MENTALITY!

So empty.

Hiroko wrote:Image

I dig this pic actually, seems nice.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Love.Dreamer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 pm

would you believe me if i said i had one but it deteriorated so much due to over use that i had to discard it.
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Yes, I would.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Love.Dreamer wrote:anyway i present you my fucking tidy room

Gah. The simplicity...where are the THINGS? Where are the bookshelves filled with fantastic stories? Where is the YARN, man?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Hana wrote:Where are the bookshelves filled with fantastic stories? Where is the YARN, man?

Redundancy? Do ho ho ho!~
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Love.Dreamer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:11 pm

bookshelves are those things to the left i store my and my dad's guitars, my books and my clothes. open one of those doors and you will find another level of awesome tidyness... there are approximatly 2 meters between my bed and my work station, that give me plenty of space to exercise, or lay on the floor reading and drinking hot choco... i like working on the floor so i set a table over the carpet and make my paintings or sculptures on it comfortably on the floor without damaging my carpet :3
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 am

That's rather tactless. =n=

But I AM tactless.

Gah. The simplicity...where are the THINGS? Where are the bookshelves filled with fantastic stories?

Here they are.

See? Tidy.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 am

Wow Q.U., you have such an elagant house! I'm amazed.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 am

*makes grabby-hands at the bookshelves* Waaant!

I also want to get some really lovely boxes...maybe hatboxes or something...to put on the shelving unit I've got, so that things aren't just...on there. And maybe make a fabric cover for it, so it doesn't look quite so...industrial.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am

I think I know what you mean. My sister has something similar in her room. Sort of a cupboard with curtains to cover it, and boxes on the shelves. I take it that those are a "thing" among you arts&crafts practitioners.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:11 am

Not just arts&craftsy people...Pinterest says everybody likes that sort of thing! ^_~
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Morpheus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:00 am

I want more bookshelves.
My room is in a constant mess with sketchbooks and books thrown everywhere.
I want to organize it but there's not enough space.

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:10 am

true dat
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Love.Dreamer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 am

I wish i had a two story room, workplace and book sheves on the top part. and musical instruments and secundary work place + bed in the lower part.
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:50 am

When was the last time you tidied up, Hana?

I'm asking because I want to compare. Before last week, I cleaned my room about say 7 months ago...

It's not high on my priorities...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 am

I barely spend any time in my room, it's gotta be at least a year since I bothered really tidying it up
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm

I didn't even get half done before I went "fuck it". Then again, I was doing it in the middle of the night because I was bored.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:When was the last time you tidied up, Hana?

The craft area? Umm...a month and a half. I had a huge costume-finishing bent before a convention and figured I would clean when I got back...but I ended up with a super-awful flu that killed me for a couple of weeks, and then I had to play catch-up with the rest of the house then got sick again and...Yeah, nobody lives in the craft area. It's kind of the very last thing on the list. I'm kind of impressed that I mostly managed to keep other people's crap off my flat surfaces. That's the main cause of mess in our house. The magnetism of Flat Surfaces to Junk.

To put it in perspective, the living room is messy right now. The mess consists of a pair of the Boy's shoes, a blanket unfolded on the couch, and various video game boxes littering the TV stand thingamabob. Oh, and the controllers that the Boy never, ever puts up. The bookshelves are also a little disorganized and could use a day of re-shelving.

Also, I find it helpful to do things in 15 minute chunks. After each one, reward yourself with 15 minutes of something fun. You might want to also break things down to the bare-bones steps in a list. So instead of 'clean room,' you have 'pick up dirty laundry, reorganize shelf, empty trash, etc'
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens