New PPGD: "Programmable Hatred" (4/12/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: "Programmable Hatred" (4/12/13)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:41 am

I thought it'd just be latex skin, and now that it's torn, it's not connected to whatever moved it so it looked real.

Also, I quite like Bell's new look.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:48 am

As proven in the Samurai Jack series, Jack's sword cannot hurt those on the side of righteousness. Aku tried to stab Jack with the sword and it bounced right off of him so even if Sammy could land a blow I doubt it would even feel like a flee bite to Buttercup. Also, Samantha is talking a lot of shit for someone whose getting their ass royally beat. Unless she has some kind of overdrive mode or someone last minute anime power like remembering something her mother once told her to unleash her inner strength she's not doing so good.
Got to hand it to Buttercup though, every time I think I'm loosing interest with this comic like I did with Grim Tales, she does something cool to grab my attention.

Edit: I only went out of my way to explain Jack's sword because I don't know if the majority of you know how it works. I don't spend a lot of time in the comic page threads so I don't know how much you guy's know about the show's these are based on like the more obscurer stuff. Sorry if you all already knew that, I wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence. I was just pointing out something that happened in a single episode of a long running series.
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 pm

So thats why Buttercup hasn't taken any wounds.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Biostar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Edit: I only went out of my way to explain Jack's sword because I don't know if the majority of you know how it works. I don't spend a lot of time in the comic page threads so I don't know how much you guy's know about the show's these are based on like the more obscurer stuff. Sorry if you all already knew that, I wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence. I was just pointing out something that happened in a single episode of a long running series.

I believe the majority of us do. Can't speak for the newcomers. Some people debated ago on whether or not Buttercup counted "righteous" enough to not be on the sword's kill list. I believe she is though.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 pm

I agree about Buttercup.
Especially after that old kung-fu master taught her how to control her anger and did the whole "be like water" thing.
For those of you who don't know that IS cannon, Buttercup has actually received training under a master.
Isn't that awesome?
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Biostar wrote:
Mad-Mutt wrote:Edit: I only went out of my way to explain Jack's sword because I don't know if the majority of you know how it works. I don't spend a lot of time in the comic page threads so I don't know how much you guy's know about the show's these are based on like the more obscurer stuff. Sorry if you all already knew that, I wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence. I was just pointing out something that happened in a single episode of a long running series.

I believe the majority of us do. Can't speak for the newcomers. Some people debated ago on whether or not Buttercup counted "righteous" enough to not be on the sword's kill list. I believe she is though.

It depends on what you call "righteous" A easy definition would be morally good. Buttercup isn't on the top of the totem when it comes to that. But it may be the reason why buttercup hasn't taken any damage.

Blighttown is easy

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm gonna make an embaressing confession now but I can't for the life of me place what Samantha is from. I've gonna close, I'm sure I probably know it, but yeah. Can't think of it.

Aaaaand- Gir joining the fight was the laaast thing anyone predicted. But This makes me wonder. It seems varily obvious that Blossom can't win this. So someones either gonna have to pop in or something intterupt the fight or maybe Blossom will just go soullessly berserk and manage to dirtily whoop them into oblivion

But if the fightings switching to Buttercup and Sam now I kinda hope the conclusion of it comes soon. I trust it won't drag on too ridiculously, but, well, there's alot going on right now and I'd like to see how in all settles into itself.....

...... And yes I agree Bell looks absolutely beautiful right thar. Blossom needs to let her hair lose too. I could never figure out why she had it in a bow and with a clip. Control freak. (JK)
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Blossom's only hope now is for Buttercup to finish off Samantha, who seemingly is unable to scratch Buttercup.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Blossom could also be able to dodge any of Sam's attacks. Even being a cyborg, I bet Buttercup is still stronger and faster.

We already know the end of the fight, the exception is if Gir is still alive or not.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 pm

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:I'm gonna make an embaressing confession now but I can't for the life of me place what Samantha is from. I've gonna close, I'm sure I probably know it, but yeah. Can't think of it.

Not sure, but this is the closet comparison I could find for who the only girl in this comic whose more butch than Buttercup. I'm not sure if this is the same Sammy, but... This is the best my pop culture warped brain could come up with.

Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:I agree about Buttercup.
Especially after that old kung-fu master taught her how to control her anger and did the whole "be like water" thing.
For those of you who don't know that IS cannon, Buttercup has actually received training under a master.
Isn't that awesome?

Its Canon not Cannon... Cannon is an artillery that uses gunpowder. Canon is something that is used as something official in the story. Don't be confused by that, Mad-Mutt. Lotta people out there confuse 'Then' from 'Than.' Like, people would be like 'I'm better then you' when in fact its 'I'm better than you.' It pisses me off when people do that lol but I, too, am a victim to it at times like I would use the words 'That's gay' for 'That's stupid' or 'That's fucked up.' lol Trying to choose my words carefully to avoid confusion. :)

Mad-Mutt wrote:
GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:I'm gonna make an embaressing confession now but I can't for the life of me place what Samantha is from. I've gonna close, I'm sure I probably know it, but yeah. Can't think of it.

Not sure, but this is the closet comparison I could find for who the only girl in this comic whose more butch than Buttercup. I'm not sure if this is the same Sammy, but... This is the best my pop culture warped brain could come up with.

Speaking of Butch, going back, I was wondering what in the world was I.M. Weasel doing at the school when he was suppose to be with Project: Rowdy (I HOPE to GOD that the RowdyRuff Boys are real and NOT clones or copies of their real selves) and Dr. Brisbane. I wonder why...

Why would you say that Samantha is 'more Butch than Buttercup?'

About Samantha: Yeah, the cybernetic form is scarier, but looking at those spikes and everything look like it would tear open the skin that is overlaying the mechanical body. I think that those spikes were inside the areas of where they are out now. I think she brought them out when a chunk of her exoskeleton has been exposed. LOL she probably has an Antidote X rock inside her like Metallo with Kryptonite. I think she is the Metallo in this webcomic.
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Winner

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:57 pm

In the show Him resurrected the RRB. I don't know if the comic knows about that, but that's how the RRB come back in cannon. I seriously know way too much about PPG.
And that butch isn't suppose to be capitalized. I wasn't referring to the character's name.
Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:In the show Him resurrected the RRB. I don't know if the comic knows about that, but that's how the RRB come back in cannon. I seriously know way too much about PPG.
And that butch isn't suppose to be capitalized. I wasn't referring to the character's name.

I do, too. I watch the shows on tv and have the complete boxset. I was told that this story starts off somewhere. I think maybe in this webcomic, they are the real RRBs. So, yeah. I don't think HIM in this webcomic resurrect them. As far as we know, this has its own canon. Still, need confirmation on that (If the RRBs are real or not).
... It's canon, dude lol not cannon as in the object that use gunpowder. Thought I explained this... lol

Anyways, oh ok. My bad on mistaking butch for the character name, Butch. Thanks for clarifying! :)

Almost forgot... PowerPuff Girls is now on Netflix. I checked it this morning, but its not complete. Its a good chunk of episodes, though!
I am the Winner

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Yeah, I know about Netflicks, but I already own the box set and the movie and several of the comics.

And that canon thing was a typo, sorry.

Edit: and by comics I meant the ones published by Cartoon Network and DC.
Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Yeah, I know about Netflicks, but I already own the box set and the movie and several of the comics.

And that canon thing was a typo, sorry.

Edit: and by comics I meant the ones published by Cartoon Network and DC.

Same. Just letting others know about it if they don't have the boxset.

That's cool. No problem!

Ah
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:

Yes, that is the one. Samantha comes from Medbots. No idea how she got here.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Blossom could also be able to dodge any of Sam's attacks. Even being a cyborg, I bet Buttercup is still stronger and faster.

We already know the end of the fight, the exception is if Gir is still alive or not.

Didn't really understand the 1st sentence about Blossom dodging Sam's atk. But it made me think of the possibility that Blossom and Buttercup might switch places or join making it into a 2v3.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Yes, that is the one. Samantha comes from Medbots. No idea how she got here.

Y'know, I've been asking that for sometime now. Why is Samantha here? What's her back story?
Judging by the way she was talking to Buttercup, it almost sounds like she's trying to hide from something by making herself a robot. Maybe there's a reason she feels the need to make herself "superior". Could this be a sign of a troubled past?

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Blossom could also be able to dodge any of Sam's attacks. Even being a cyborg, I bet Buttercup is still stronger and faster.

Didn't really understand the 1st sentence about Blossom dodging Sam's atk. But it made me think of the possibility that Blossom and Buttercup might switch places or join making it into a 2v3.

I didn't under stand that first sentence either. :?
Anyways, yeah I can see this fight turning into a 2-on-3 battle. But it could also turn in to a 2-on-2, with one of them reactivating the bomb, while everyone else is distracted by the battle.

There's something I thought about today. Let's say Buttercup gets the sword back from Samantha, after she finishes her off, and goes to help Blossom. Would Buttercup go as far, as to use the sword on Bell?
If Blossom was in real danger, would Buttercup be willing to maim, or kill Bell with it?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I didn't under stand that first sentence either. :?
Anyways, yeah I can see this fight turning into a 2-on-3 battle. But it could also turn in to a 2-on-2, with one of them reactivating the bomb, while everyone else is distracted by the battle.

There's something I thought about today. Let's say Buttercup gets the sword back from Samantha, after she finishes her off, and goes to help Blossom. Would Buttercup go as far, as to use the sword on Bell?
If Blossom was in real danger, would Buttercup be willing to maim, or kill Bell with it?

I wouldn't doubt Buttercup letting it get that far, if she panics. Blossom would probably do something last second if it were to get that far, unless she got knocked out. Also, in GT Buttercup has an eye patch as an adult, anyone think it's possible for Buttercup to get that injury here? or maybe it reaches a point where everyone thinks it might happen here?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Also, in GT Buttercup has an eye patch as an adult, anyone think it's possible for Buttercup to get that injury here? or maybe it reaches a point where everyone thinks it might happen here?

Grim Tales and PPGD are two completely different timelines, alternate realities. They don't connect.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:18 am

Havoc751 wrote:There's something I thought about today. Let's say Buttercup gets the sword back from Samantha, after she finishes her off, and goes to help Blossom. Would Buttercup go as far, as to use the sword on Bell?

I could see that happening, but I think Blossom is more focused on Bell. I'm not sure if Blossom would let Buttercup help her in this fight because it seems personal with each of them. Like back in the other pages, (I STILL don't get what's I.M. Weasel's involvement in all this) Samantha tried attacking Blossom, but Blossom was focused on getting Bell and dodged her (Samantha) attacks. And Buttercup intervened and started busting the living two shits out of Samantha. So, yeah, this is quite personal between Blossom vs Bell... and Gir... and Buttercup vs Samantha. Like they have a history. I really don't think that BeeAre and Bleedman are gonna kill off their OCs (I know Samantha is from Medabots). I'd be surprised, though!
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 am

CTCFirebird wrote:I could see that happening, but I think Blossom is more focused on Bell. I'm not sure if Blossom would let Buttercup help her in this fight because it seems personal with each of them.

I don't think Blossom's that stubborn and prideful. I think she'd gladly except the help, especially given how badly out matched she is.

CTCFirebird wrote:Samantha tried attacking Blossom, but Blossom was focused on getting Bell and dodged her (Samantha) attacks.

I don't recall this. The way I remember it, Samantha never got the chance to engage Blossom. Buttercup intercepted her before she could even lay a hand on Blossom. Unless I'm forgetting something.

CTCFirebird wrote:Like they have a history. I really don't think that BeeAre and Bleedman are gonna kill off their OCs (I know Samantha is from Medabots). I'd be surprised, though!

Kill off? Probably not likely. Except for Sam, we already know she's going to die. As for the other three (Blossom, Buttercup, and Bell), I can defiantly see anyone of them getting seriously injured, like a cut off limb, a large abdominal injury, a massive hit to the head, and so on. I'm not sure about Gir though.

Speaking of killing off characters, I'm still thinking there's a good chance Jenny might not make it. I feel like the story could do just fine with out her.
Last edited by Havoc on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:21 am

Havoc751 wrote:Grim Tales and PPGD are two completely different timelines, alternate realities. They don't connect.

Really? I never actually researched anything. This is the 1st time I ever made an account for the sole purpose of posting in a forum xD. The comics here are one of my favorites. By any chance can you tell me where it says that these 2 are different realities?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:07 am

Havoc751 wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:I could see that happening, but I think Blossom is more focused on Bell. I'm not sure if Blossom would let Buttercup help her in this fight because it seems personal with each of them.

I don't think Blossom's that stubborn and prideful. I think she'd gladly except the help, especially given how badly out matched she is.

CTCFirebird wrote:Samantha tried attacking Blossom, but Blossom was focused on getting Bell and dodged her (Samantha) attacks.

I don't recall this. The way I remember it, Samantha never got the chance to engage Blossom. Buttercup intercepted her before she could even lay a hand on Blossom. Unless I'm forgetting something.

CTCFirebird wrote:Like they have a history. I really don't think that BeeAre and Bleedman are gonna kill off their OCs (I know Samantha is from Medabots). I'd be surprised, though!

Kill off? Probably not likely. Except for Sam, we already know she's going to die. As for the other three (Blossom, Buttercup, and Bell), I can defiantly see anyone of them getting seriously injured, like a cut off lib, a large abdominal injury, a massive hit to the head, and so on. I'm not sure about Gir though.

Speaking of killing off characters, I'm still thinking there's a good chance Jenny might not make it. I feel like the story could do just fine with out her.

1. Not exactly what I meant by that of being pride or anything like that. What I meant is that Blossom would rather teach Bell a lesson. Don't get me wrong. It's just that the look on Blossom's face doesn't seem like she would want anyone's help by teaching her that lesson. I think Blossom would rather handle Bell for herself just for the sake of showing her the way and whatever. A few good anime done something like that. Maybe like a test to see who is better. I know Blossom wouldn't mind Buttercup's help, but I think Blossom rather take Bells blows as a fight to the finish. Maybe if Bell attacks Buttercup, then I could see Buttercup going for the attack, but of what Blossom did to Bell by using Gir. I think Bell would rather go up against Blossom for herself because of that reason. BUT THAT WAS WAAAAYY TOO MUCH POWER JUST TO BREAK OFF THAT POWER CORD. BLOSSOM SHOULD BE WEAK BY NOW! Anyways, DBZ or even Fairy Tail comes to mind with what I was talking about. Like with Goku turned SSJ3 for the first time (my fav episode) and went up against Buu or Natsu kicked Gajeel out and did a 1v2 lol Something like that. I think A Certain Scientific Railgun was something like that as well. Need to double check.

2. Meh. It could go either way, I guess. Probably, I missed something and interpret it my own way. :/

3. Or maybe she shut down and going to be reprogrammed later on. That's a possibility! As Buttercup's training partner under Samurai Jack.
Not sure if Jenny will die. If she does, Bubbles would be devastated. My views see that she will be out of energy and be unconscious for a long time. Bubbles seems to be a fan of hers.
I think Gir is on focus with the headband on. Which he'll program that bomb to go off. May be Buttercup might try to stop him once she's done with Samantha.
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Really? I never actually researched anything. This is the 1st time I ever made an account for the sole purpose of posting in a forum xD.

Well welcome to the forums. Yeah they aren't related, as a matter of fact, it's been said PPGD will have a much happier ending (witch makes me very happy). Also BeeAre (the writer of PPGD) gets a little upset when people relate the two, or as he put it:

BeeAre wrote:If anyone suggests that they are related, the rest of you better get to that person first and correct their ignorance, or I WILL SLAUGHTER THEM IN THEIR SLEEP.

Tenshi Nova wrote:By any chance can you tell me where it says that these 2 are different realities?

Actually the point in witch the two stories split, hasn't been made clear yet. But BeeAre said Samurai Jack's story will explain this. In other words, we don't know exactly how they realities split, but has something to do with why Jack is here in Megaville in the first place.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)